z

Young Writers Society

Calculus Problems for My NaNo

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:09 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

So, I debated on where to put this for awhile, but decided since it's for my NaNo novel, I will post it here.

I am not a math person, well, I'm a quick hand at algebra and geometry, but nothing really of high mathematics. One of my characters in my NaNo though is taking a calculus class, and I really need some sample problems complete with answers for it. My problem is that I know pretty much next to nothing about calculus. So, if you guys have some calculus just laying around, hit me up; it would be enormously appreciated.

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Reviews: 4
Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:22 am
danster724 says...

just search for calculus problems on google
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:58 am
Emerson says...

Can it be basic calculus? If so when I get home tonight I can come up with a few for you. :) (When I say basic, I mean the beginning of the course.)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:32 pm
Snoink says...

;)

http://www.calculus-help.com/probindex.html

The order that they general teach the class is:

Algebra review

Understanding limits (search L'Hôpital's Rule)

Derivatives (search up "product rule," "quotient rule," and "chain rule")

Riemann Sums

Antiderivatives (integrals)

Thousands of ways to integrate... seriously. There's a whole course on integration. *cries* Search up "u substitution," "integration by parts," "improper integration," and "integration with trig substitution." The first three are most important.

BASIC DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS. Note the emphasis. Search up differential equations on calculus help sites, only. It's mostly just "predator-prey" models. It should look relatively simple.

Series (search "infinite series," "geometric series," and "power series.")

And that's a whole year of calculus. Easy stuff. ^^

That's just the really really basic stuff. If you want to have your character taking a class on vector calculus (which is also relatively basic calculus... third semester stuff for me) then just PM. ^^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Basic calculus, of course.

:D

Thanks, guys and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I've been dead; work called me in to basically supervise this week.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson