z

Young Writers Society

*Gulp* Erm... Help? Please?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:18 pm
Swottielottie says...

Well, NaNoWriMo is just a few hours away and I'm already stuck. :? :oops:

I considered finishing off Ellima and the Cerulean Crystal, but I just feel kinda 'bored' with it already. I hate the first few chapters I've written, sort of.. I mean, they're okay, but yesterday I went a little mad and rewrote the whole first chapter, changed the order of events and now I'm pretty confused. I tried writing some today and wrote some pretty sucky bridge between the two parts but now I'm sort of stuck.

Confused? So am I...

I think I'm asking you all, should I continue patching it up and doing it for NaNo, or should I just write something else? I haven't really got any ideas for something else, and I've only got two hours...

Any suggestions?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:31 pm
spaced_out says...

do what your heart says.

I'll be doing a story that involves a friend, me, and Miley Cyrus trying to stop al-quilda from killing Bush with some poison wine and a gun.
MATT
if you can dream YOU CAN DO IT!

Reviews: 4
Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:59 am
danster724 says...

I laughed hilariously when reading that "Spaced_out" I have nothing against you personally but I hate Miley Cirus and I've been trying of finish Bush off for years, so I must say your story upsets me. Aren't you too young for this frum anyway?
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:20 am
spaced_out says...

nope.
MATT
if you can dream YOU CAN DO IT!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:36 am
Runelord says...

Hmm.... I dunno if this will help but i'd say keep away from Ellima and the Cerulean Crystal for a week or so. Whenever I'm stuck for an idea i listen to music and try to imagine a senario it works most of the time, try it out or mabe wach a movie :S

well thats all i can offer
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

168 Reviews

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:24 pm
Swottielottie says...

Thanks guys...

Spaced_out: My heart says don't write. I really cannot be bothered today, I just wanna crawl into bed or watch a movie. Let alone do Nano or my homework. ( LOL! )
I might go with the other idea, but Ellima has 16,000 words now, and I can't be bothered to start from scrath, but I guess that's the whole point of NaNo.

I've written more of Ellima today, but I just hate it so much... It's just so dumb: Why the hell would a princess suddenly exude blue light that kills the ravens that are attacking her? And in the first chapter? Urgh... I suck so much.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:24 pm
Rydia says...

Charlotte, my dear, there's no way you could NaNo Ellima. Anything you've re-written once, you'll have the urge to constantly edit. You need a new plan and you need it quick so that you can catch up on wordage. Try to think of the most random plot ever written and keep it in grounds that you're familiar with so probably fantasy but don't worry if it's not good. The base idea of NaNo is getting those words out and then salvaging a novel from the wreck.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

168 Reviews

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:02 pm
Swottielottie says...

Very true! I've started something else, but I feel odd writing it. I tried first person for a change and as the characters are all based on my and my friends, I feel like I'm violating them XD

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
— Marcel Proust