z

Young Writers Society

I have a question.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:44 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I have a story that has barely got a plot sequence. Can I use that or do I start from scratch. I wanted to try and get my story turned into a novel. I'm not that far and I wanted to see if I could use that. Writing without being a critque will do me good because I about quite on my story allready.
Last edited by myfreindsavamp on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

118 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:56 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I slightly found my answer.

Do I have to start my novel from scratch on November 1? Can I use an outline?
Yes.

This sounds like a dumb, arbitrary rule, we know. But bringing a half-finished manuscript into NaNoWriMo all but guarantees a miserable month. You'll care about the characters and story too much to write with the gleeful, anything-goes approach that makes NaNoWriMo such a creative rush. Give yourself the gift of a clean slate, and you'll tap into realms of imagination and intuition that are out-of-reach when working on pre-existing manuscripts.

Outlines and plot notes are very much encouraged, and can be started months ahead of the actual novel-writing adventure. Previously written prose, though, is punishable by death.

But question. If I really want to get this one finished should I use my unfinished story that is still being worked on by the seconds I get bord online or should I start over once more?
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:14 pm
KailaMarie says...

I would think if you reaaaalllyyy want to use the one you've already started, then do that, but then subtract the word count you already have from your final, so you still have to write the same amount. you know?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

118 Reviews

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:28 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Sounds fair enough. I think I'll do that. Thank you.

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott