Young Writers Society

Post Your NaNo Cover!

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:28 am
View Likes
Blink says...

So, there seems to be a outbreak of ywsnanocoversyndrome; I think it would be fun to post them all here. I've already seen some great covers.

Go ahead!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:14 pm
BigBadBear says...

Here's mine. I'm really fond of it.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:02 pm
Twit says...

I like the second one best, but they're neither exactly how I wanted. Its really difficult to get down mental pictures in GIMP. ><
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:10 am
thunder_dude7 says...

I found a picture that's PERFECT. When Betrayed and Plagued is published, I'll need a picture like this.

Anyway, here it is. Excuse the poor font, I didn't have a good selection in MS Paint.
Attachments
Cover.PNG
Cover.PNG (294.87 KiB) Viewed 945 times

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:27 pm
View Likes
MidnightVampire says...

What does everyone create their covers on? I really want to create one, but I'm not sure if I really can....
Thanks
~MV
p.s.- i like the covers i've seen so far, they're cool looking.
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 pm
Blink says...

MidnightVampire wrote:What does everyone create their covers on? I really want to create one, but I'm not sure if I really can....
Thanks
~MV
p.s.- i like the covers i've seen so far, they're cool looking.

Try Gimp, or PowerPoint. They former takes a while to get used to, but it's great :)

Looking good everyone!

Here's mine. I'm still not happy with it :(
Attachments
mmposterftw.jpg
mmposterftw.jpg (91.38 KiB) Viewed 913 times
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 pm
MidnightVampire says...

Thanks! I'll see if i can make one sometime (meaning now, since i have nothing else to do).
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:37 pm
Bittersweet says...

Dude, Blink, that's so awesome! I wonder, did you draw the little milk man dude, or was it something like clip art?

Anyhow, I shall first show you the picture I started out with, which I got on a real estate website. Really good for pictures, just to let you know. Anyway, I had to add a white part to the top because it wasn't really cover-size. Then on Photobucket, I used the blemish tool and smudged the blue around. I kind of got a bit of the building, but oh well. I'm really happy with it.

Before:

After:

Sorry they're so big!
-Holly
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:02 am
View Likes
mizz-iceberg says...

I've got my cover and story outline ready but I'm not sure I'll be able to do Nano this Nov. or not.
Attachments
Another Dawn.JPG
Another Dawn.JPG (30.36 KiB) Viewed 876 times
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:02 am
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

Lookin' pretty good so far...I might use Photoshop at school (oh, how I loath thee!) to make mine, and save it on my flash drive.

Unfortunately, I'm a junior this year...which means work, study, work, projects, and more work. We'll see.
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:16 am
mizz-iceberg says...

I really like Jared's and Blink's.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:27 pm
miyaviloves says...

Wow Mantis thats pretty impressive ;)

I like all the covers so far! Im thinking I might do one for mine. Where do you lot get yours pics from? Do you take them yourselves or get them off google etc?

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:36 pm
Manny says...

miyaviloves wrote:Wow Mantis thats pretty impressive ;)

I like all the covers so far! Im thinking I might do one for mine. Where do you lot get yours pics from? Do you take them yourselves or get them off google etc?

Meevs
x

I use different websites for different pictures I need. The most common are google images and deviantart.com (the resources category has stock photography for just about anything). If you need nature, things like national geographic and wildlife photography websites help.

Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief