z

Young Writers Society

Title Help

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 pm
Sketch says...

Yeah I need help coming up with a title for my NaNo... this is very frustrating for me because I have at least an idea for everything else... I just don't have a title.

Okay so simply my story is about twin girls who disappear for seven months and only one returns. The one who returns doesn't have any memory of what happened or that she ever had a twin sister. Anyways she is then put into the custody of her two uncles, instead of her older brother. They then plan a way for her to runaway, and he brings her to their grandfather's manor.
Here she discovers who she really is (a princess), that she has a twin sister (mentioned above) and that this evil dictator killed her parents and kidnapped her sister (the dictator is also her uncle and the person who in any other kingdom would have been king but isn't in there's because they work royalty differently) So she decides to do something about it and has to go through this really strange maze, created to protect the Kingdom, to save her sister and the Kingdom.

I'm sorry if that was confusing... Feel free to ask questions =]

Somethings that might help that aren't mentioned in the summary:
- the Main Character sometimes sees her twin in mirrors. (this is because their uncle trapped her sister in a mirror)
- The Main character's dad is in a circus.
- The Main Character was once thought legally insane, but she's not and convinced the people who tested her that she wasn't.
- THEMES: Family Loyalty, Family Treason, Love, Life, Magic is not necessarily Hocus-Pocus, Not everything is as it seems, Believe in what's right even if it's hard, Imagination is more powerful then you think.

Titles I've tried in the past that didn't work for various reasons:
- Fallon (means leader. I stopped calling my main character Fallon)
- Once upon a Circus... (My story isn't really focused on a Circus...)

It's apart of a series that I call The Kingdom beyond Reality.

What am I looking for?
- Something Dream-ish
- Something kinda random-ish, because the maze can be very random.
- Something in another language would be cool too... but no more then one word, please.
- something that sparks interests

Okay I think that's it... like I said, if you have any questions please ask.

Thanks!
- Ania

EDIT: Also there's a lot of Masquerade type scenes.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:05 pm
thevoiceinside says...

Hello Sketch,

I love coming up with title names and names for characters. It comes easy to me, so hopefully I can help you out. It sounds like the "main idea" in your story is focused on the twin sister who is trapped. Because it sounds like everything else is surrounding that idea. Here's some titles I've come up with:

"What The Reflection Screams"

"Insidious Secrets"
Insidious means:
–adjective
1. intended to entrap or beguile: an insidious plan.
2. stealthily treacherous or deceitful: an insidious enemy.
3. operating or proceeding in an inconspicuous or seemingly harmless way but actually with grave effect: an insidious disease.
(I think it fits :D)

"Beyond the Unseen"

"Trapped in Silence"

"She Beckons"

"Abandoned Memories"

"Squandered by Mistake"

I hope those help you!!
Good Luck :D
-thevoiceinside
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:24 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Rats...too bad "Beyond the Looking Glass" is taken...

How about something simple like "Reflected"? or "The Face I See" or "Mirror-Image"?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 am
MidnightVampire says...

I'm not sure if this is really a good one but:

"The Mirror Twin"

and here's an awesome place on NaNoWriMo.com where people put titles up for adoption. You may get inspired by one or one may solve your issue. Here's the direct address:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/node/3001312
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Ooh! Alliteration FTW!

"The Maze and the Mirror"

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:09 pm
Princess says...

Hmm.. How about

"The Princess in the Mirror"?
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:27 pm
KailaMarie says...

I still need to think of a title!! =[
Attachments
nanowrimo2008.jpg
nanowrimo2008.jpg (11.33 KiB) Viewed 282 times
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb