z

Young Writers Society

Major Help with Nano?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:56 pm
WanaBeAuthor says...

Ok this is going to be my first year doing this imposible feat. Yet I dont want to get mixed into the forums and have friends from 3 different sites.

So I still have no idea what to do with Nano? What do I do? How should I do it with School 20 days of the month? Please post all your help hunts and tips.

Thanks
-WanaBe
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
Unknown.

Got YWS?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:18 pm
Stori says...

It's simple: try to write a novel of 50,000 words in a month. (Pretty easy, huh? :o ) As for friends, I don't know how that works.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:35 pm
Sam says...

Bring a little notebook with you to school, and when you have little moments of time here and there, write a sentence, two sentences--anything. By the end of the day, you should have a good page's headstart for when you get home.

And don't worry. ^_~ That's the most important part. Where there's a will, there's a way. If you're ever up for a word war during November, I'm your girl.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm
WanaBeAuthor says...

Whata Word War?
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
Unknown.

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:44 pm
Sam says...

Word war : a challenge between two or more NaNoers in which you set a time (usually thirty minutes) and see who can write the most in that period. It's addictive/fun.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:54 pm
JabberHut says...

Treat it as homework. Tell your teachers (at least English teachers) that you're taking on NaNo this year and how stressful it can really be. English teachers especially understand this, but getting support for what you do is key, I think. Not everyone has the guts to tackle 50,000 words in one month. Your friends will want you to accomplish it. Not everyone wins. :wink:

But yeah. If you treat NaNo as an aside project, it won't get done in time. Treat it as homework. After your math homework, hop on the computer and write your 2,000 words. Maybe you should split it up in the evening. After math, do 1,000 words, then return to your homework stash and do your history homework. After history, type another 1,000 words. Every kid needs a break from homework, and every writer needs a break from their writing.

It takes a little planning, and I'm probably going to do Word Wars now. I've only done it once before, but NaNo is a good reason to start playing them again. I can be encouraged through games. :lol:

*ganks Sam's notebook idea*

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert