z

Young Writers Society

Critique the Excerpt Above You!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:26 pm
logosgal says...

I saw a couple of these on the NaNo site, and there's one in The Lounge for stuff here on YWS, but I thought it would be cool to have one for the NaNo-ing YWSers.

So, just tell us what you think of the excerpt in the previous person's NaNo profile and post a link to your profile.

My profile is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/245940

Enjoy! :D
Home is where the books are.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:51 am
AWritersFantasy says...

This really drew me in to wanting to read more- especially with your description of the dragon, which was excellent. It was written well enough that I could tell before it was stated that it was a dragon. I liked what I read.

Here's mine. It's actually chapter three that's up there now, so I won't be surprised if anyone's confused by what's happening. o.O

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:55 pm
logosgal says...

Hmm, intriguing. It was a little bit difficult for me to get into this at first, but that's probably because the excerpt doesn't start at the beginning of the story. I would like to be able to read chapter one, because there's obviously a lot happening behind the scenes that I didn't get by reading this part from later in the story. By the end of the excerpt, though, I definitely wanted to read more, and find out what Cesarina was in trouble for and what Seer did to her! You have good descriptions, too. All in all, good job!

P.S. I like the name Cesarina. It's very pretty.

Here's mine. I just changed excerpts this morning. This part is a little bit later in the story than the old excerpt was. I'm not quite as happy with this part as I am with my old excerpt, so any constructive criticism is especially welcome!
Home is where the books are.

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare