z

Young Writers Society

This Is Going Better Than I Thought

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:52 pm
Meep says...

Consider this the "good twin" of the "Have a NaNoWrant" thread; balance the forum's karma by sharing your positive NaNoWriMo experiences so far, whether it's being ahead on your word count, pleased with a particular scene, character or line, whatever - if it's good news, gloat about it!
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:06 pm
Emerson says...

Ooooh. Yay.

This whole novel makes me incredebly happy. It's working out wonderfully, and for a first draft, it isn't so badly written! I love my characters so much, everything is coming out wonderfully and this makes me so darn happy to finally be writing it. It is my masterpiece.

And I'm ahead on word count!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:34 pm
Teague says...

I'm ahead on word count and on a very lovely cruise control.

Things have been going really smoothly. I love it. 8)
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:42 pm
Insomnia says...

I love my story so far, and I'm about 5,000 ahead of what I planned. :D It's one I've wanted to write for ages, but I never fully let myself. I'm sure I'll have a rant later in the month when I have exams, though. ;)

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:04 am
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

I am hopelessly in love with my characters. ^_^ The story is starting to come along, but the characters make me feel like crying, sighing and dancing all at the same time. *feels warm and fuzzy inside*
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

210 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:47 am
Meep says...

OH, MY GOD.

I'm throwing myself a party. Not only have I gotten over my temporary apathy, but I have a new character who I just love and adore to bits. Screw you, Meriwether and Lawrence (or screw each other, I don't care). Henry is my new favorite character (which probably means he is doomed, because my favorite characters always die - maybe I can break the trend).

I love you, Henry Britton, you pompus, violin playing person, you!

edit: I can't get over how much I adore Henry. I love him more and more as I get to know him. :D

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:10 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

Well, I love my characters more than anything else in the world! I don't know how I could have made them up on my own...well anyway:

I am ahead on word counts (13k so far!!!!!)

I love writing! It is so much fun! I am moving at a reasonable speed and every bit of it is making me happier by the second!

Good job, guys!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:01 am
EnchantressMuffin says...

(I'm not doing NaNo, so please don't lynch me for posting in the "triumphs" thread.)

I just wanted to congratulate you all on doing a great job. Way to go, you guys!! :D

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:14 am
Snoink says...

Plot bunnies! PLOT BUNNIES! They are hopping in my head. And yes... the next scene is going to involve an obscene amount of cupcakes! Should they be chocolate though? Hmm...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 am
chocoholic says...

I love my two MCs! I can't stop writing and am days ahead of my goal! Yay!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:02 am
Insomnia says...

Well, my estimates put me at about 17,000 for today, and I'm at 29,000. It's all goiing pretty well. And I love my charatcers. =D

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:11 am
Leja says...

*jumps up and down*

My plot makes sense now! My plot makes sense now! I have a plot! I have a plot! And I think I've finally broken into the NaNo mindset :D

:oftw:

210 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:59 am
Meep says...

My actual writing has gone downhill, but I now have a couple of writing buddies. One of them didn't start until day eight, and is playing frantic catch-up, but it's good, because it means I have someone hanging out in my dorm, writing, and there's something inspiring about the clack of someone else's keyboard, you know?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:25 am
Sam says...

I just finished the scene where Carl's vati accidentally discovers the ruins of a small town...

Which means the plot can start now. Which means that people die. Soon. *squee* I'm so excited. XD
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:43 am
chocoholic says...

I can write again! Yay! I can write again! And the story is really going to begin now!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison