z

Young Writers Society

NaNo Blues

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 pm
Swottielottie says...

I thought we should have a post where everyone can moan about Nano.
Me first!

I started again on the first day because I was so sick of the story, so I lost about 2,00 words :shock: That was mad. I sort of kept writing on this story that I started before (yes I know I'm a cheat.) because i was still in love with it.
Its hard to write a boring story when your still besotted with your barely started old one.

Ok, rant over.

So how is it going for you guys? Is the stress getting to you yet? Mine's going well for my first year , well so far anyway.
So good luck everyone"
Happy Nanoing!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 pm
Twit says...

I'm not going to make it. I'm just so tired. Not of the story - just the writing and the counting and reading everyone else's wonderful word counts. I wanted to try and get two chapters done today, to make up for the writing I won't be able to do tomorrow, but I'm only about half way through the first one.

*head/desk*

*cries*
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:03 pm
BigBadBear says...

Talk about stress! lol I think I will have a nervous breakdown! Ugh!

Well, I kept waking up in the middle of the night wondering if everyone else's word counts were higher than mine, and when I woke up I just didn't feel like writing. I'm afraid that I will finish my novel without enough words! lol if I finish it at all!

anyway, 5k words seems kind of sad for me...so I'll lower it to 5 pages every day. Yeah, that'll work better. It's just really hard when I'm at a boring part.

Any useful suggestions?

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:05 pm
starrynight89 says...

Oh! thank you Swottielottie for making this :)

I need a place where I can rant about my Nano..ok, well I like the plot and the characters but..I'm not writing in order, does that even matter? I mean, I'm writing the chapters out of order ARGH, I just need to write...

It's not even the second week yet and I have the blues :/ Hope I make it!
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:27 pm
Sam says...

*is currently wearing two sweatshirts and is going strong on cough drops*

Ugh, it's not the writing that's the problem, it's the actually being alert enough to form sentences. -_- Lousy time to fall ill.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:30 pm
tinny says...

I might have to stop already.

I had a really, really bad turn when I was in London, and have to see a doctor. The lack of sleep caused by Nanowrimo is a great contributing factor, that and the fact i'm going crazy over it.

So I might be ordered to stop.

*is not best pleased*
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

168 Reviews

Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:37 pm
Swottielottie says...

You're welcome starry night.
I hope you are better soon sam and I hope you'll be able to contiune Little Tin fish.
I feel lame as well, seeing as I've barely written 700 words today :(
Good Luck again Evreyone

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:43 pm
View Likes
canislupis says...

Headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 pm
Sachiko says...

OHhhhh gosh. Don't talk to me about NaNo!!! My head hurts from it, and my friend is yelling at me to stop procrastinating and get a move on. I don't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant toooooo. *whines loudly*
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:03 pm
Lini-chan says...

Aaaaaaaaaagh I had to stop. I've given up until I get my own computer...*dies*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:06 pm
Twit says...

Even if I don't get it finished in time, I'm happy pottering along at my own pace. Which is baaaad for NaNo, I guess. :roll:

"Pottering" doesn't come into it. But it's so hard to write enough! It's like, I write a bit, then a few seconds later the day's over, it's tomorrow, and I'm behind again!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:27 am
canislupis says...

Yeah, I see where you're coming from.

I'm pretty much in the home stretch.

I cheated though.. *Shifty eyes* I started my "Novel" A while ago... There. The truths out! :lol:

168 Reviews

Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Swottielottie says...

I am almost a week behind :( but oh well, I'll keep going!"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:08 pm
smaur says...

Not so much the "blues", but ... I think I have to throw in the towel now. I'm way too behind on my wordcount, which wouldn't ordinarily be an issue. But university is eating my soul, and I have two major exams looming (and several more on the horizon) and so many miscellaneous assignments, it's not even funny. So. Yeah.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus