z

Young Writers Society

Aeo

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:48 pm
Aet Lindling says...

On NaNoWriMo 2006, I wrote this novel. It hasn't been edited yet (that's for NaNoEdMo in March) but I'm pretty proud of it anyway.

First lines:
Aeo squirmed his way forward into the dark, endless tunnel. Looking back, he saw the faintest light, a reminder of the Lightworld. Also a reminder he still had far, too far, to go. Inch by inch, he made his way forward and up. Forward and up. Forward and up. How long was the tunnel? It changes... No one knows!, he realized with a start. This particular time it could be months, even years before he got anywhere. A fool’s errand. He collapsed, not having energy to go on, now that he had realized the enormity of the task. Dimly, he felt a bump pressing against his thigh. He turned his head, and saw it was a circular stonepad, next to a much bigger metallic door. A Portal! He turned his head back once more, seeing that even that faint, glowing, part of home had disappeared into the distance. With a Portal, he could go home... No! He had to keep his mind on the task ahead. Crawling forward, he recalled just why he was here, inching through this godforsaken tunnel...

Another little excerpt:
“Which Aeroguard fought, and ultimately defeated, the Ignidemon Flamzur? Please line up, one by one, and write down your answer and your name on one of these slips of paper, deposit it into this box, and after rest period I will award the correct responders each an aerosake! Rest period now, off you go!”
The learngroup, after groaning that it wasn’t fair for the Lumenmaster to give a question about history in a class about Lumenshifting, obediently lined up and started filing off, one-by-one, after writing down their answer. When it came Aeos turn, he thought for a moment, then scribbled down Aeo: Gathshur and slipped it into the box, then pushed through the crowd to get to the rest period room.

And finally, one of my favorite excerpts:
The beast roared with pain and fury, as the ball punctured and exploded in a blast of blinding light, right in the monstrosity’s eye. It grasped at its bloody, mangled eye, and then spoke... “You think you are power incarnate, boy?” Its horrible voice chilled Aeo, who had just snapped out of his trance and realized the huge mistake he had just made. ”You shall see just how wrong you are. Face me!” Unwillingly, Aeo turned to face the thing. It lifted a gigantic foot... “NO!” Aeo screamed, launching a gigantic fireball at the missile of Aeroflesh coming down. The Ignisshift met its mark, and the member of the Seven screamed in agony. ”You shall pay with blood, insolent creature!” it said, but it was unsteady and weakened, and everyone could see it. And maybe just a little... scared.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I'm not sure this belongs here...

What I'm going to do is move this to writers corner, since your just sort of giving some of your favorite parts of the book.

If you want, you can post the first chapter of your novel here or maybe you could post it in the NaNoWriMo forum.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

192 Reviews

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:43 am
Aet Lindling says...

M-kay... I'd rather have it in the NaNoWriMo forum, can you do that?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Done! Enjoy.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

192 Reviews

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 am
Aet Lindling says...

Thanks.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

192 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:21 pm
Aet Lindling says...

I was organizing my portfolio and came back across this... My God, does it suck. Did I ever say I was proud of it? I apologize to those I hurt with that comment.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 am
View Likes
lyrical_sunshine says...

Lol...no, actually you hurt me more by posting that nauseating purple prose about Edward Cullen in your sig. Edward Cullen = evil soul-stealing fantasy-man who robs decent, non-sparkly boys of their chances.

I hang out with a lot of boys. Funny, talented, friendly, respectful boys. But they don't sparkle. So by the standards of most American teenage girls, they would not be up to par. How sick is that?

*goes away to grumble*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King