z

Young Writers Society

NaNoisms!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:06 am
Crysi says...

Okay, so I know there's a thread dedicated to this on the NaNoWriMo site, but I figured we should have one here.

Basically, a NaNoism is any failure of the brain while typing. This includes the simple things, such as amusing typos, to the complete failures, such as all of a sudden going off on random tangents about how the plot is not doing what it's supposed to.

I believe my latest NaNoism would fall under the latter category, but I'll let you decide.

Rhynaedus stood up and put his face inches from Strikard’s. “You think it’s cowardly, to live to fight another day, to live to kill a few more Daranians to fjkldas;fdaslkjfdsal;fjdsaklf;dasjlk;fdsa.

“Whatever the hell you just said, yes.”

*bows*

I think I was tired of Rhynaedus constantly ranting. I didn't even close his quote. And of course Strikard had to follow it up, being the little prick he is.

(By the way - I'm rating this thread PG-13, for possible language and/or inappropriate content, both intended and not. In other words, go for it.)
Love and Light

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:28 pm
Firestarter says...

Haha, nice Sam.

Two of my characters who I introduced to one another suddenly started insulting one another in good humour at one point. I have no idea where it came from!

"You are lucky, you know," Atreus said. "Usually men with faces like yours end up with goats for company."

"So that's why you have a herd of them following you around all the time?" Xanthos shot back.

"They are a different type of goat that loves beauty," Atreus said, looking aloof, "Who are transfixed by mine."

Xanthos snorted as he drank his wine. "You really think so much of yourself?"

"Well, my dear Xanthos," Atreus replied, in a quite serious tone. "It is hard not to when I am so handsome, clever, witty, funny and loved by all. There is only so much modesty a man can take before he must burst foward and love himself just as much as everyone else. I mean, how can it be fair that everyone else can love me but if I do it myself I am questioned at every corner?"

"People tend to point out misguided love, you see."

"I really will immortalise you in one of my plays," Atreus said. "As Xanthos, the poorest comedian in all the land, where even the animals fled from his joke-telling."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:32 pm
Cassandra says...

Firestarter>>XD

Um, yeah. Pay no attention to the [s]man behind the curtain[/s] the typos and spelling mistakes. O.o

Somehow I need to shimmy out an trek all the way across the floor and
to the bricks. From there, I need to be able to lift one up, walk over
to this grown man so silently that he won't hear me, and wack him
across the head. How much easier it sounded before, when it was still just
a newbron idea in my pink, soft brain.

^ That is definitely a product of 4:00 in the morning writing. I so did not have it planned for my main character to "wack" anyone with a brick, but there you go. And really: "Pink, soft brain"? Wow, Cass. You've outdone yourself. O.O
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:34 pm
Emerson says...

I've seen that quote before, Cass :-) What a riot. And Jack, very good!

I have a few.

This is my MC rambling to the reader about the death of Mariana:

I fight with her and we leave each other in a fight!

I'm not sure what I was trying to say....

Sleep had been a fast runner, and reached me first.

what!? Sleep is a runner? I think I was trying to say that he was too busy falling asleep to think about anything that had just happen, but what a way to do it...I'm not sure if that was a "product of 4:00 in the morning writing" or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:37 pm
Sureal says...

‘Will she survive?’
‘I don’t know. Maybe.’
‘Doctor, I need more information than that.’
‘I’m sorry Lord Militant, that’s the best I can give you. She took a long time to receive medical care.’
‘Damn…’
‘Sir… do you know what her name is?’
‘Lieutenant Colonel Haart said she’s called Lucy.’
‘Lucy… Bolsen certainly did a number on her face. Shame, she was probably quite a looker before the torture.’
‘Doctor… are you fraternising with your patients?’
‘Hah.’
‘Well, we’ll have to promote Lieutenant Colonel Haart. And the men who helped him. They all deserve to be rewarded.’
‘And Bolsen?’
‘He will be executed.’
‘Your men have found him then?’
‘Yes, they have.’
‘When will you be attacking?’
‘In good time.’
‘Why the wait? Why not wipe him from the face of the planet now?’
‘Because I want Lucy here to lead the attack against him.’

Not sure where it came from (I hadn't planned it) but I like it 8).
I wrote the above just for you.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:17 am
Crysi says...

I think I can pinpoint the very spot where my writer's block hit and I lost interest in writing today. It would be the last paragraph I wrote:

The Red Company blah dee blah dee blah, and I think they got their act together and began marching toward the Tyrian port, or something. They marched all day without taking a break. After a while of marching, the council members calmed down, and and and and and yeah.
Love and Light

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:21 am
Myth says...

Claudette wrote:I've seen that quote before, Cass :-) What a riot. And Jack, very good!

I have a few.

This is my MC rambling to the reader about the death of Mariana:

I fight with her and we leave each other in a fight!

I'm not sure what I was trying to say....

Sleep had been a fast runner, and reached me first.

what!? Sleep is a runner? I think I was trying to say that he was too busy falling asleep to think about anything that had just happen, but what a way to do it...I'm not sure if that was a "product of 4:00 in the morning writing" or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

That is just so hilarious!
.: ₪ :.

'...'

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:11 am
Emerson says...

I found one worse...I wrote this yesterday.

It's sooo a product of me just wanting to get the words out and not actually thinking about what I'm supposed to be writing:

His head rolled as if his neck was a pivot, and he leaned forward and nearly collapsed onto the table, if I wouldn’t have caught him and lowered him down more.

That's really going to need to be edited.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:36 pm
Firestarter says...

Crysi wrote:I think I can pinpoint the very spot where my writer's block hit and I lost interest in writing today. It would be the last paragraph I wrote:

The Red Company blah dee blah dee blah, and I think they got their act together and began marching toward the Tyrian port, or something. They marched all day without taking a break. After a while of marching, the council members calmed down, and and and and and yeah.

Haha, Crys, that's brilliant XD
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:38 pm
Jennafina says...

Crysi, I love your first one. That's so cool!

The secret cabinet hung open, one door torn partially off its hinges where Chatuluka had thrown it open. The cloth lay in a crumpled heap on the ground, reminding Chatuluka of himself at the moment.

He ran his hands over his bald head, and wondered vaguely how much hair he would have if he weren’t bound by the preistily custom.

No idea what I was thinking here. How are these related? Not even at all?
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:19 am
Wiggy says...

Ah, the joys of random words! :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:42 am
Skye says...

Moonlight finally broke through the tick canopy and bathed a large, old house in soft light.

Ew. O_o

And my personal favorite to date...

“You have three days and approximately forty - seven thousand, two - hundred and forty - nine words to find her in - - make that approximately forty - seven thousand, two - hundred and seven words. Use them wisely.”
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:24 am
Myth says...

Sickly yellow light the velvet was thrown over the open wardrobe.

I have no idea what that was meant to say. :?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:47 pm
Areida says...

Jennafina wrote:Crysi, I love your first one. That's so cool!

The secret cabinet hung open, one door torn partially off its hinges where Chatuluka had thrown it open. The cloth lay in a crumpled heap on the ground, reminding Chatuluka of himself at the moment.

He ran his hands over his bald head, and wondered vaguely how much hair he would have if he weren’t bound by the preistily custom.

No idea what I was thinking here. How are these related? Not even at all?

That one makes me happy. My dad's as bald as a tomato. XD
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:24 pm
Sam says...

PFF...nice word plug, Skye. :wink:

WHAT SAM WRITES IN HER NANO WHEN BORED:

The boy sat upon a partially dry spot on a long-overturned log, simply breathing.

He began to hear a small rustling noise and a lump of leaves began to move in his direction. Ferdinand kicked at the object, and the leaves slid off to reveal a small bird missing a leg- and pushing at the ground with the remaining one.

His pupils dilated as A_O completely overtook his body, throwing him onto the ground and causing him to pick up a rock (which he then used to crush the bird).

Ferdinand stood on the rock with one foot and watched the bird die. Once it had gone, its eyes became metallic and hardened, and its feathers began to drift to the ground one-by-one.

In a corner of the gleaming metal box was a human hand- blackened, to be sure, but shriveled and slightly gleaming. It was perhaps mummified, and certainly petrified.

“I-I dare you to touch it,” blubbered Eleanor.

“What do I get for that?”

“Eternal honor and a million dollars.”

I think the above quotes speak alone for my mental status- and the horribility (word?) of my writing.

There is quite a lot of death in this story, I've found...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

I could literally be Obama and you guys would never know.
— AilahEvelynMae