z

Young Writers Society

NanoWriMo Wordcount '07

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:40 pm
View Likes
Manny says...

My count for the first day ended up being about 9 words. It's not much, I know, but remember that slow and steady wins the race. I'm still a long ways away from burnout. Plus, I have today off from school so I'll get some more words down.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:04 pm
BigBadBear says...

5843. Yep. I have finished a:
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2 all in one day. Wow... I feel accomplished!
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:23 pm
starrynight89 says...

crossed 5k

and I actually DONT mind Chapter Two...but Ch. 1 and the prologue bother me.. :/

*sigh* Win some, lose some.
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:13 pm
Emerson says...

I forgot to mention that I hit 4k yesterday! I'm not sure where about 4k, but I didn't. I'm going to be in a car for two hours, so hopefully I can get some more written then. ^_~

Congrats to everyone with their awesome first day word counts! Starry, you're impressive!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:31 pm
Swottielottie says...

6244 but I already had the plot and the first page. Whoops.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:53 pm
deleted1 says...

I scrapped mine. Back to 0. ;-;

I really need to find a new idea. I've been tinkering with a fanfic of mine that is about ff11. I just wonder if I should really write it for Nano or not. Dunno if anyone on here or in the world would be willing to read and comment on something they never played or never experienced first hand.

168 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:09 pm
Swottielottie says...

I wouldn't mind reading it. I also scrapped mine. I wrote about 2,000 words and got sick of it so i continued this idea I had years ago. Now I'm at 6,000 and something. Is this your first year?
Its mine.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Congrats to everyone! You're doing great!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:31 pm
deleted1 says...

Yes its my first year doing it. So I was not really prepared. I wish I could start writing now, but even then I will not be able to actually put anything on my word processor until late saturday. So I've lost a lot of precious time with work. Got a lot of catching up to do, but I wonder if my quick fingers can keep up with my mind. All I know is that it can't usually and I skip words or make corrections mid-sentance. Which I really hate to admit, but I do it so often!

Looks like I got a lot of catching up to do!

55 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:39 pm
starrynight89 says...

Thanks Suzanne! :) But, I'm just not sure whether and i get editing urges every time i write..so then i stop for a while..because I know if I start editing..i wont be able to stop..

Keep teling myself: Save editing for December..save it for December..lol
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

27 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:41 pm
Manny says...

I just finished a 392 word prologue. It feels good to just write. I'll put it up in a minute if you guys wanna check it out.

55 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:44 pm
starrynight89 says...

I would love you see it... :) put it in your nano profile (excerpt)

27 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:52 pm
Manny says...

I have it linked in my signature. What's this NaNo profile thing you're talking about?

55 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:06 pm
starrynight89 says...

when you update ur word count, theres a place where you can place an excerpt of your novel...:)

168 Reviews

Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:37 pm
Swottielottie says...

6504. I sort of slowed down now.

Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile.
— Anne Frank