z

Young Writers Society

Is Anyone Else Sad?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 pm
MagnusBane says...

Well, NaNo is finally over. No more obsessing over characters, no more stressing about wordcounts, no more desperate typing at 2 in the morning.

Is anyone else feeling sad about that? I miss NaNo already!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am
peanut19 says...

I miss it too. But some of us will use December as NaEdMo (National Editing Month) or at least that's what I am going to call it :). I have mixed emotions right now I wish it wasn't over but I'm glad I won and I can take a break.

~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:26 am
GryphonFledgling says...

Yeah, it felt weird to not have to be freaking out about fitting my wordcount in around other activities. I'm not entirely sure if I am happy about it.

And yet, my relief is immense. So, mixed feelings for me too, I'd say.

But hey, there are always new projects to move on to, or editing if you wish! It doesn't have to be completely over!
I am reminded of the babe by you.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 am
Writersdomain says...

Who says no more obsessing over characters? :P

I am sort of sad that NaNo is over, but at the same time rather relieved to have my life back. ^_^
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 am
Hippie says...

It's nice not having that stress, but I'm bored. I wish the postal service was faster becasue I ordered six books and was hoping their arrival would coincide with finishing NaNo. Alas they're not here yet, so here I am, throwing my time at YWS instead. Must resist editing for a few weeks.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm
hero says...

I feel sad for three reasons:

1) I didn't post it on NaNoWriMo, because at that time, I was sleeping, as I live on the other side of the world. So I blew it, even though I wrote 50,236 freaking words, which gives me RAGE.

2) I doubt that anyone is going to read it, so my editing will be self-editing, which is rubbish.

3) I don't feel satisfied with the ending.

Also, all those 2009 NaNoWriMo Winner avatars are going to sink my heart. Must get everything on time next year. *sighs*
Still, at least its built up to a sequel, meaning that I can begin writing right away.
*sighs*
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

But some of us will use December as NaEdMo (National Editing Month) or at least that's what I am going to call it :).

You know, there is an official National Novel Editing Month. It's in March. You dedicate yourself to 50 hours of editing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:13 am
lilymoore says...

My emotions about everything were mixed. I mean, I was happy to have made my 50k (and just barely might I add) but I'm now trapped in this cycle of not really knowing what to do with myself. I get home from school and spend a lot of my time on YWS (which is really nice to be back in my chill groove mood again) but I never seem to be able to get to sleep until at least midnight because I spent all of November going to bed anywhere between 12am to 3am. So I think I miss the fun it created but I do want to give myself some breathing room from the story.

Still...it was fun.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 am
Hippie says...

Read heaps of books and start planning another novel while you wait. That's what I'm doing.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Does anyone else feel afraid to start something else? After dragging myself through NaNo, I want to be writing something else now, but just can't seem to bring myself to start something. I was like this after last year's NaNo too and it's not fun...
I am reminded of the babe by you.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 am
MagnusBane says...

That's exactly how I feel too, Gryphon! Part of me is going through some serious writing withdrawal, but I just can't get motivated again.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:26 am
View Likes
empressoftheuniverse says...

I was in a huge funk after nanowrimo ended, which may have also been due too my leaving yws for a month to write the novel.... and during this december i sort of sulked into a corner and did nothing. No writing at all; but I'm back with yws and writing and already I feel better.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 pm
Ktg17 says...

What was NaNo?
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:57 am
Rosendorn says...

NaNo is short for NaNoWriMo, which is short for National Novel Writing Month. It's a yearly event in which you try to write 50,000 words (ie- a novel) in the month of November.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:20 am
fading-dream says...

I'm sad that I missed it. I really didn't know about it until like February or something. It sucks, because it could have motivated me to stop obsessing about the little things in writing and just worry about the big picture (Five chapters into my novel and I quit because I hate fantasy... yet that's what I was writing). Oh well, guess I'll just wait until next year...
Current Project: Otherworld (Novel) - 11,000 words so far
Latest Story: Overflowing Emotions.
Past stories: Burning Apart, The Beast, Binding Darkness - Ch. 1, What David Taught Me, The Banquette, Mirror of Memories, Leaving Humanity, Little Green Men, Six Days

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes