z

Young Writers Society

Name My Characters

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:39 am
Tenyo says...

I've completely exhausted my list of names and name-websites, so here's my next attempt. You guys name them for me :)

For Nano I'm thinking up my characters, but not plotting. Here's the pictures I have so far (which yet need further editing,) see if you can come up with names. They're the two main characters, classed as good guys, both male. Also, if anyone can come up with any ideas about their backgrounds or personalities based on the images, that'll be great. The two will need to be contrasting: they've got to get me through 50,000 words.

Thanks for reading.

http://tenyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Char ... -141180515

http://tenyoshi.deviantart.com/art/Char ... -141180599

I'll return critiques for any good ideas.
We were born to be amazing.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:31 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

First of all ... nice pictures (Y) ! If you drew them yourself, well done, they're amazing :]

I don't know about the second one, but the first one looks like a Luke, or Lucas or an 'L' name anyway :]
The second one looks cooler, so a nickname possibly. Like Red, or something small/snappy like that.

Hope I helped :]
Lorril
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:57 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Landon seems like the right fit for the first guy. I think the name Red for a red-haired guy would be too cliche'. He looks likes the type of guy to have a unique kind of name, like October, or something like that.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:33 pm
GreenGiraffe says...

Well, I don't know the setting of the story so, i don't know if you want like, Caucasian names or Asian or anything so...

For the first guy, I'm thinking Marty, Matt or William/Will and he's like the main hero, who's strong and such, but has some inner conflict about like, people he kills if he's a warrior or maybe he steals something from peer pressure coming from guy No.2. He'd have some kind of armour and sword+shield.

Ok, the second character, I like Axel, Ryuzaki or Red. And he's an anti-hero, and like sometimes goes too far and does something radical like, maybe killing someone or other bad things that harm others. If Its a fantasy of some sort or something with swords or something he should have dual daggers, one slightly longer than the other.

I like the drawings, but the 1st one is creepy, seriously, like dream-hauntingly scary also, If you want to get people to give personalities and names and such, you have to give more information, location, time setting and stuff like that.

-GreenGiraffe :mrgreen:
Click here to make a clicking sound

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:58 pm
Kamas says...

Blonde: I suggest Nicholas for this one (A little nicer sounding, more associated to class etc)
Red head: I suggest Hunter for this one (A little rougher, seems tougher as the character appears)
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:04 pm
roon says...

I think Lucas is a good suggestion for the first, maybe Jarred, or something like that for the second. The fairly harsh 'J' sound should definitely start the name, I feel it's not too harsh as not to portray a softer side.

The first looks like a 'posh' guy. I think the second guy seems like a troubled kid, from a poorer background. Maybe you should have some prejudice portrayed there as conflict that can be resolved towards the end of the novel. I don't know where it's set, but I'm thinking a little further in the future from now, but not too far. Maybe they could have a sort of 'fight' over a girl at school. She could be a bit of a... I'll let you finish that yourself! Well, she could be deliberately trying to cause damage. Well that leaves open a lot of options. I won't be offended if you think this suggestion is truly hideous!

Hope I helped in some way.

Also, the pictures really very good, well done!

~ Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:50 am
Lorrilrakest. says...

Jarred ^^ awesome idea.

Definitely a unique name anyway.
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:03 pm
JFW1415 says...

My first thoughts were Alex and Brandon.

Alex: Very open and out-going.

Brandon: Shy and weary.

~JFW1415

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig