I've just done my second chapter. I'm somewhere over 8,000 words now and pretty happy. Gotta get the plot moving though! I'm unsure whether to switch to my other main character, currently in Sparta, or have a third chapter in Athens. I'm currently leaning toward another in Athens, to cement that character's introduction.
Glad everyone's doing so well!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.
Hahah. I prepared for Nanowrimo by going to a Halloween party.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."
Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. — Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind