Young Writers Society

The Atlantian Children – The Light of Zakious

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 pm
TheRobster1991 says...

Please read the spoliers
Spoiler! :
This is actually the rewritten version of something else I put on here called Endangered Seas. This one is better, much better. And this is actually finished. This is a script for TV. It is something I hope to one day send off to Hollywood. Please like, and please give critical feedback

Spoiler! :
Yes, the layout is dreadful!! I can't get it done properly on here so forget that the layout sucks. It isn't like that on word, trust me. I know how to professionally layout a screenplay

EXT – CITY – EVENING
A huge beautiful crystallised City. There is a huge temple made of pure stone. Seven people each bring a crystal into the Temple. Each crystal is different in colour

ZAKIOUS is walking with MYKLOSS, Zakious and Mykloss both have green eyes. Whilst Zakious looks 40, Mykloss looks younger, 30. They are similar in looks apart from the age difference and that Mykloss is slightly more defined in facial features

SUPERIMPOSE: “City of Atlantis – 2896 BC”

ZAKIOUS: I’m so glad that they chose me to rule over them.

Mykloss forces a smile at Zakious

MYKLOSS: You are the only one who can control all seven elements.

Zakious stops and turns to Mykloss

ZAKIOUS: I didn’t intend to gain so much power Mykloss; I intend to use it for the good of mankind. Living forever will mark our responsibility. You have I chosen to be my right hand. Not because you can control more than one element such as myself alone, but because you are like a son to me.

Zakious hugs him. Mykloss hugs him back and shows a face of contempt

MYKLOSS: And you, like a Father.

They let go

ZAKIOUS: Gather everyone; I must make a speech to them.

Mykloss bows and leaves

CUT TO:
INT – CITY – COURTYARD – LATER
The Courtyard has many beautiful statues around the area. Everyone is there talking amongst themselves. They all have green eyes. There are no children there.

Mykloss stands in front of everyone. He looks very tired.

Everyone hushes up as Zakious enters with a crystallised staff. As Zakious gets over to Mykloss he raises his staff and a throne comes out of the ground. He sits on it

ZAKIOUS: As my first decree as being King of the Atlantians, I declare that no human should ever be allowed to go into the temple shrine where the crystals are unless I allow. We have spilt much blood for them, we shall not do it again(!) So for this reason I shall appoint four people to guard the temple from the fire wielding group. Tell me, do I have any volunteers?

Everyone is silent. It lingers. Zakious and Mykloss look around at the crowds

Three hands raise themselves. Zakious looks over pleased

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): Bigalow, Haildo and Dranka, very well. Is there a fourth volunteer?

Nobody responds. Mykloss turns to him brightly

MYKLOSS: May I make a suggestion my lord?

Zakious smiles

ZAKIOUS: Certainly Mykloss.

MYKLOSS: Bendo will make a fine night guard my lord.

All turn to look at BENDO, a tall man, lean, 28

ZAKIOUS: Very well, it will be as you wish.

All turn to Zakious

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): As you may have come to realise, we being in the presence of the sacred crystals have received the gift of life everlasting, but our women are cursed barren to pay the price. So we shall be the last and only remaining generation of the Atlantians. Therefore I declare to you that we will guild humanity away from the dread of Barbarianism that has so infected this land. Never again will those armies plague the earth(!)

Everyone starts to cheer. Zakious holds his peace and raises his staff in victory. Mykloss looks at Zakious in great jealousy

The noise dies down

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): You may all go back to your businesses as you were.

Everyone scatters leaving. Zakious lowers his staff and a hidden stairwell into the ground made of stone appears, he goes down it, Mykloss following. It closes and seals up as it were before

CUT TO:
EXT – CITY – HILL – NIGHT
Bendo and BIGALOW are standing outside the temple. They have their fists in flames

Mykloss walks over to them

MYKLOSS: Bendo, Zakious bid me speak with you. Into the temple please.

Bendo nods

BENDO: Certainly Mykloss.

MYKLOSS: Stand guard Bigalow.

BIGALOW: Yes Mykloss.

Mykloss and Bendo enter the Temple. Bigalow turns and stands guard in the centre of the temple

INT – CITY – TEMPLE – CONTINUOUS
Mykloss and Bendo walk to the centre of the temple where there are seven crystals hanging from globes. They are protected by glass

Mykloss reaches out to grab one but his hand is stopped by the glass which is in the way

BENDO: We will have them soon Mykloss.

Mykloss turns angrily to Bendo

MYKLOSS: Quiet Bendo(!)

BENDO: Sorry Mykloss.

Mykloss’ countenance softens

MYKLOSS: I have two others. When we go outside we will gather everyone and offer them to join me. If they don’t we’ll lower the pit and consume them. When Zakious comes over to confront me, you shall hideaway and come here to grab the crystals.

Bendo looks over at Mykloss admiringly

BENDO: Why can’t we grab them now?

MYKLOSS: I would prefer to rule over the people than cause an uproar. Besides, Zakious has this place built so that the glass would make an unbearable sound.

BENDO: Right, okay.

They leave

EXT – CITY – HILL – CONTINUOUS
Mykloss and Bendo come out of the Temple. Mykloss nods at Bendo signalling him. Bendo nods back. He goes over to Bigalow as Mykloss abruptly leaves

BENDO: Bigalow, Mykloss says that Zakious is gathering a conference, we all must attend.

BIGALOW: But I must guard the Temple, and so must you(!)

BENDO: Your noble serviceman ship has been noticed, but all must attend. Do you not trust Zakious to keep all things?

Bigalow doesn’t answer

BENDO: Let’s go down.

They both leave, Bendo leading

FADE TO:
INT – CITY – COURTROOM – LATER
Bendo, MONGUY, a butch looking man and KRANKA a tall man are around the people studying in a triangle away from the group. The group chatter non-stop. Zakious and Mykloss are both absent

The ground shakes. Everyone is suddenly silent

The ground opens up and Mykloss comes up from it. Everyone is shocked to see him and not Zakious

MYKLOSS: My friends, why must you insist on being forever ruled by Zakious? I am more fit to do the job(!)

There are gasps and murmurings amongst the people. The grow quite loud

MYKLOSS (CONT’D): Friends, lend me your ears(!)

The crowd grows silent

MYKLOSS (CONT’D): I am your rightful leader; along with Zakious I found the sacred crystals. I too have a claim to the throne(!)Take me as your leader(!) I shall lead you unto days of glory, only if you pledge allegiance to me. I shall give you one chance(!)

He smiles very aggressively at them

There are cries of protesting, of outrage. No one in the crowd wants to side with Mykloss

Mykloss frowns at them and signals directly to Bendo, Monguy and Kranka

They stretch their hand towards each other as Mykloss raises his

The ground beneath the people fall down by one hundred feet. They are in a pit. Shrieks and screams come from the people. They are fallen over each other

Mykloss stretches his hands toward the people

MYKLOSS (CONT’D): You have undone yourselves; you made me do this(!) Those who will not gather with me shall scatter.

The people scream as the sides of the pit collapse and cave in on them. As this happens a mysterious figure holding a staff watches from higher up. He is unseen

The people in the pit all die. Mykloss turns to the three

MYKLOSS (CONT’D): Get the crystals(!)

The three leave. Mykloss uses wind to float much closer to the pit.

He raises an arm; the pit disappears as the ground is made level again

ZAKIOUS (O.S) (Angry): Mykloss(!)

Mykloss smiles, he doesn’t turn. Behind him very high up is Zakious

MYKLOSS (Calmly): Zakious.

ZAKIOUS: What have you done?

MYKLOSS: Only what I decreed.

Mykloss casts a huge boulder at Zakious as he turns aggressively and suddenly. Zakious with ease jumps and avoids it. He flutters down next to Mykloss

ZAKIOUS: Why have you committed this wicked deed?

Mykloss snorts

MYKLOSS: Why should you have all the power? I was there too(!)

A battle occurs. Zakious and Mykloss manipulate the elements in combat. The only use earth, fire, wind and water. While Zakious performs with ease of movement, Mykloss is exaggerated and aggressive

Mykloss sinks into the ground and disappears. He comes out of the ground to surprise Zakious but he is already aware that Mykloss is there

Smash… Mykloss is hurled several feet in the air. He growls at Zakious and gets up and continues fighting

CUT TO:
EXT – CITY – HILL – SIMULTANEOUS
Bendo and the other two are making their way over to the Temple, which has just appeared in sight

BENDO: Quickly(!)

They gain speed

CUT TO:
INT – CITY – COURTROOM – SIMULTANEOUS
Mykloss has Zakious pinned to the floor, holding him down with earth that has moulded itself around Zakious’ torso and arms. Mykloss sneers at him

Zakious tries to break free but is unable to

Mykloss grunts

MYKLOSS: Why don’t you face it? I am stronger than you(!)

ZAKIOUS: Those crystals gave me powers beyond even your greatest dreams. I am more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Mykloss laughs in Zakious’ face

MYKLOSS: You think you will rule over me(!) As we speak my accompaniments take the crystals. I shall rule over the whole world(!)

CUT TO:
INT – CITY – TEMPLE – SIMULTANEOUS
Door is heard opening. It is the three. They enter

BENDO: This is it(!)

They go into the chamber with the crystals. As they enter Bendo looks up and recoils in horror

Bendo falls to his knees

BENDO: The crystals…

The crystals are revealed as gone. Glass covers the floor in piles, broken

BENDO (CONT’D): They’re gone(!) (Despairing) No. No(!)

CUT TO:
INT – CITY – COURTROOM – SIMULTANEOUS
Mykloss still holds Zakious down. Mykloss is sneering at Zakious with brilliant arrogance, as if he already knows his own victory. Zakious remains calm

ZAKIOUS: Do you really think that I didn’t foresee this?

Mykloss for the first time is surprised

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): I beheld your betrayal and didn’t… couldn’t believe it. I planned to scatter the crystals but when I saw no one guarding the Temple I knew things were already in motion. My people were destroyed at that point no matter what choice I made. So I scattered them fearing you would succeed in getting your wicked hands on them.

Mykloss’ countenance changes to disbelief

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): Using the beasts of the field and the fowl of the air. Across the whole planet.

Mykloss’ countenance changes to rage

MYKLOSS: What have you done?(!)

In rage Mykloss lifts his hands in flames to strike Zakious. As he goes to strike, Zakious calmly sinks into the ground leaving a ditch. Mykloss unwillingly falls into it head first

Zakious comes out of the ground from behind him. Zakious draws on some kind of unknown power. Immediately light comes out of Mykloss and goes over to Zakious

Mykloss manages to get himself out. Zakious stops

Mykloss turns to him in fear

MYKLOSS: What have you done to me?

ZAKIOUS: I have drawn on my own power to deprive you of your own.

Mykloss with sudden rage jumps onto Zakious and wrestles with him

MYKLOSS: Give me my power back(!) I want it back you fool(!) Give it to me right now(!)

Mykloss tries desperately to call upon an unknown power, but to no avail.

Light from Zakious does appear to start coming out but vanishes above his skin

Zakious plunges upwards quickly and forces Mykloss back several feet

The three appear distraught and heavy hearted behind Mykloss as he stands. Zakious looks at them with fury

ZAKIOUS: Depart from my presence you cursed vagabonds(!) I shall defend this earth from you for all eternity(!)

Mykloss looks at Zakious, his continence changes to arrogance again as he notices that Zakious’ hands become transparent because of indwelling light

MYKLOSS: You don’t have an eternity.

Mykloss and the three leave into the darkness with mocking laughter. Zakious in horror investigates his hands

ZAKIOUS (Bitterly): You drained me of immortal life(!)

Zakious sits down in despair

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): How long can I last? Who can tell? Tomorrow, ten thousand years, it’s hopeless(!)

Zakious falls to the ground having a seizure

FADED SERIES OF SHOTS:
A) Seven people, five male and two female each wielding a crystal and battling Mykloss who with Bendo, Monguy and Kranka. They have an army

B) Seven babies have a mysterious mark burned onto their right arms by magic

BACK TO:
The seizure ends. Zakious laughs

ZAKIOUS (CONT’D): There is always hope(!) Until these fighters, I will fight those hounds(!)

He laughs in huge relief
FADE TO:
Last edited by TheRobster1991 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 pm
shiney1 says...

Oh my, this is a lot. But I shall tackle it when I get home :D

(the school computers are crap, so this is all I can type right now) *saves a spot*
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 pm
shiney1 says...

Oh my, this is a lot. But I shall tackle it when I get home :D

(the school computers are crap, so this is all I can type right now) *saves a spot*
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:13 pm
GeeLyria says...

Hi there RobsterJames.

I'm here to review, as requested.

Wow. I like this. I'm not very fond of scripts, and I don't really like to read historical stories when it comes to times before Christ, but I enjoyed this. About the story, I wouldn't change anything, you have done a pretty well job. ;) But I noticed you missed a few commas, so you should re-read it and edit.

Like for example here:
MYKLOSS: May I make a suggestion my lord?

There should be a comma after 'suggestion'. But that's no biggie. :)

You've done a great job! ^_^

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

Reviews: 4
Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:14 pm
PersephoneMary says...

I am really liking this! There is a good plot structure and the layout thing I get, so don't worry about that. This is after all a young writers website not the bloomsbury editing department haha. The only criticism I have, and it is very slight, the beginning is a little sudden. the "I am so glad..." makes me think of an english woman in the 40's sipping tea for some reason lol. Thats just me though. Might I suggest a description of the surroundings? Stage direction can be one of the ebst ways to open a play, stage or screen. As this is set in such an exotic location you could have some real fun with this, and it might get the english accent out of my head lol. Overall though WELL DONE! Another minor tip would be to use fineticized versions of the names at the beginning, as directorial information just to aid production as this is your dream. If I was a director I would need to consult and reconsult about how to say these names. A minor detail and it's not necessary to put it up here, but thats just a little advice for the future. Good Job! Hope to read more from you :D
Mary x

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.