z

Young Writers Society

The Huge Claw

Reviews: 4
Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:05 am
harleighblake says...

Opening:
((Location: Brookside Square Park, EXTRA- walking camera follows- medium close up, claw entrence. Camera is following front of person))
EXTRA1: [walks forward casually stops when hears a noise, (camera close up on face)]
THE CLAW:[drops off in a distance]
EXRTA1:[turns around and slowly walk towards The Claw]
THE CLAW:[Grabs Extra ankle]
EXTRA1: [falls, screams, panics]
THE CLAW:[drags off screen]
LEE:[as witness stares into camera]
Act 1 Scene 1
((Location: Home fireplace))
SCOTT: You look beautiful tonight babe.
BLAKE: [smiles and long hug] Thank you[quiet voice]
SCOTT: I love you
BLAKE: I love you too [smiles]
SCOTT: [lets go of hug and gets on one knee] Will you marry me?
BLAKE: [tears of joy, nods, smiles] Yes.
SCOTT: [sweeps Blake off feet]
(phone rings)
BLAKE: [looks at phone on counter] I should get that..
SCOTT: [lets her out of his arms]
BLAKE: [walks over to phone and answers] Hello?
SCOTT: Who is it? [walks over and puts arms around Blake’s waist]
BLAKE: [ignores and talks into phone] What? Where? [pause] Yea, we can get there. [pause] I’ll tell him just keep the witness there. [hangs up] That was the boss we need to head down to the park…Somebody was abducted.
SCOTT: What?
BLAKE: Come on.
((All exit))
ACT 2 Scene 2
((Location-Brookside Square Park ‘Crime Scene’ Characters present- Micheal, Michelle, Scott, Blake, Lee))
MICHEAL: [reporting into a TV news cast] There seems to be a missing person with only one witness, Miss Lee. So far evidence is little and there has been no sign of any others at the time of the crime. Detective Scott and Blake have been assigned to this case as well as Miss Michelle. I’m Micheal and this has been your news at 7.
SCOTT: [questioning Lee, writing notes down on pad] Now tell me, what exactly did you see?
LEE: [timid but annoyed] I already said…I didn’t see much of anything. The body was there and he was screaming then he vanished. I don’t know.
SCOTT: [writing that down] Was there anyone else around?
LEE: I didn’t see anyone…or anything. I’m sorry I’m not much of help.
SCOTT: [closes notepad] Thank you Miss Lee. [Walks towards the girls]
BLAKE: [to Michelle] Any evidence so far?
MICHELLE: So far all we have found is drag marks and a blood sample. I have to take it back to my lab to see exactly who this is.
SCOTT: [to Michelle] What exactly do you do again?
MICHELLE: I’m a Forensics Expert (long def)
SCOTT: [blank look]
MICHELLE: I study dead people.
SCOTT: Oh.
BLAKE: [ignoring] Michelle, can you analyze that blood sample tonight and see if you can get a D.N.A. reading?
MICHELLE: Sure that should be easy. I’ll take it home as soon as we leave here and it’ll take me 15 minutes to get to the lab and at least 5 minutes to read the blood sample.
BLAKE: Thanks, now where are these drag marks?
MICHELLE: [leads to the marks] Over here is where we found the drag marks. This is where Lee said she last saw the guy. She was unable to identify this guy. [Points to a darker spot] Here is where we found the blood at the start of the drag and then the blood is found straight down here. [Points down the drag mark] We can tell the dragging started here because of the blobs of blood.
BLAKE: Wow, what happened after that? The drag marks just stop after about 6 feet?
SCOTT: That is odd.
MICHELLE: Nobody knows, we are hoping to find some answers soon.
BLAKE: Well, hopefully we can go over what you find out tomorrow. For now I think we should head home.
MICHELLE: True, so you and Scott are getting engaged?
BLAKE: He just asked. How did you know?
MICHELLE: I saw it coming.
BLAKE: I’m sure you did. [Laughs]
MIHELLE: Well, I’ll call as soon as I find out something. [Leaves]
BLAKE: Alright, we will be waiting.
SCOTT: I’m going to go start the car. [Exits to car]
BLAKE: I will be there soon. I’m going to talk to Micheal. [Walks to Micheal]
MICHEAL: Yes?
BLAKE: What all did you say on the news?
MICHEAL: Everything you guys told me I could say.
BLAKE: We will be finding out who the missing man is hopefully tonight. Can you let everyone know tomorrow?
MICHEAL: Sure C
BLAKE: Thanks [Exits]

Act1 Scene 3
((Location-home of Scott and Blake))
SCOTT: [sets keys on counter] What are we going to do?
BLAKE: [shakes head and sits on couch] Nothing we can do until Michelle gets everything figured out.
SCOTT: This just blows my mind [joins on couch] The drag marks just stop and there isn’t any more anywhere not even blood marks.
BLAKE: Well enough worrying. We need to just relax and wait. Things will be worked out. [goes to kitchen] Now, what do you want to eat?
SCOTT: I don’t care, anything you cook is good. [Grins]
BLAKE: You’re funny. [Sarcasm, takes out a pan and food materials]
MICHELLE: [knocking rapidly on the front door]
SCOTT: [Blake starts to walk towards the door and Scott puts his hand up.] I’ll get it. [Walks to door and opens it]
MICHELLE: [rushes inside] the guy [out of breath] His name [pants] was Chad Smith.
SCOTT: Who is that?
MICHELLE: President of the Clean up Committee, school teacher, single.
SCOTT: And?
BLAKE: [walks up and crosses arms] What’s going on in here? What did you find out?
~unfinished~

~rest coming soon ^.^~
BTW- My character is Blake :) Yes, she is a girl :)
So my computer is UGH it deleted like half of what i was going to put on here -.- I'm so mad...i have to retype it all! Im sorry for the delay and remember that this isn't my final copy. I'm looking to you guys for editing advice and I am adding in things or taking out things. My friend Jaden is helping me.
Last edited by harleighblake on Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~needs some good writers for an online newspaper*! Message for more info *harry potter related~

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:12 am
Prats says...

it seems interesting... :) i'd like to read more... :)
(:I'm going to live my life, or die trying... :)

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:25 am
WritersUnleashed says...

Im not to the review yet, but jus saying, because you were interested in Script Frenzy, this is not how scripts are set up. Check out the format on the Script Frenzy website. Okay, I might have a review up tuesday or something. I like what I have skimmed over.

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew