z

Young Writers Society

A Date With History Scene 3

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm
skutter11 says...

Please read the other scenes First!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the fifties music dissolve, the stage lights back up again. The Old Man has dissapeared and the stage has been made up to look like a old fashond classroom. A school bell is heard.

The Children run into the room, followed by the Teacher.
Teacher:Sternly Settle down for the register, class! Begins to read from the register, from his desk, stage left Alcope!
Child one: Yes, sir
Teacher: Applethwate!
Child two: Yes, sir
The Teacher carries on reading while Tuck and Curathers begin a conversation
Tuck:Whispering I am thinking of bunking off Arithmatic, today. How about you, Curry?
Curathers:Also whispering I think I'll join you, Tuck. Arithmatic is something that you can't really use, is it? But, where are we supposed to go?
Tuck:Whispering I think we could go to the water hole
Teacher:Angrily Beatrice Curathers! Patrick Tuck! I thought it would be you two who would be talking! If you interrupt me once more, it will be the cane for you!
Curathers and Tuck: Yes, sir
The Teacher finishes the register
Teacher: Right! Time to get your homewok out and hand it too me
All the children make a line to the teacher. Tuck looks nervous.
Teacher: Well, Patrick, where is it?
Tuck:scared I-I dunno, sir
Teacher: Why don't you know?
Tuck:His fear rising I d-din't do it, sir
Teacher:Gets up and moves slowly, stage left Hold out your hand
Tuck does as he is told
The Teacher should now be at the back corner of the stage. From it he reveales the cane. He walks slowly to Tuck
Teacher: Now, to teach you a lesson!
The stage blacks out. Two "thwacks" can be heard. After this, the stage lights back up again. There is no break in the action.
Teacher: That should have taught you to do your homework in future!
Tuck:Wimpering Yes, sir
Teacher: Now get back to your seat
Tuck:Wimpering Yes, sir
Tuck walks back to his seat and the Teacher draws up some sums on the board
Teacher: Blanks, get up here and do these sums!
Child:Get's up off of his/her seat yes, sir
The scene freezes and the stage blacks out. The Old Man walks on with a spotlight highlighting only him
Old Man: School life in these times were brutal. The teachers could either be harsh or really harsh. Now we go back to a time of happiness, when for one day, everyone celebrated peace. The year is 1945.
The spotlight disappears and a dissolve of 40's music can be heard. After this the stage lights up. A long table across the stage can be seen. The People sitting around look as if they are enjoying themselves. The Old Man sits on the head of the table. The scene is frozen for a second, but then it comes to life.
Scene 3 ends.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:59 am
Apple says...

I haven't read the other installments of this, and that is probably why I don't know what this means. Applethwate! <--- It has apple in it, so that is why I love it so much. It has a ring to it don't you think! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate!

All right to the reviewing.....I think your structure of setting it out could be improved. Like bolding the Character thingies; for example....

Cat: I sat on the mat!

Yeah that, and spacing it away from the name. (Name: Words) I don't make sense with what I am saying so don't blame me if it comes out all gloopy.

I just want to add also, I really like this peice! Truly! I was captivated the whole time. Personally I couldn't find any grammar or any other errors and yah... Great job!

^._.^ <--- My awesome cat!

Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate! Applethwate!

I love that word; Applethwate! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Apple
I spy!

You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein