z

Young Writers Society

Infanticide 2 (scene 1)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 am
Wang Chung says...

Infanticide 2

(there is a two not because I have written a previous installment that you should scour this forum to find, but because I know that if I add a "2," people will assume that the first one was good enough to necessitate a sequel. I am simply saving you time, dear readers, by informing you. I do not intend to include this information in the final draft)

The film opens with a basic film block. No soundtrack running, just displaying the tags for production companies (i.e. Universal Studios, etc).

Fade in to a low shot of a baby boy's bedroom. (as this scene plays out, yellow subtitles will appear on screen, denoting actors, directors, producers and the like)

Baby noises enter audibility. A young baby boy stumbles into frame from the left, clad in a diaper. Cut to a shot of the mother and father, crouching low. The mother has her arms open for her baby to stumble into, the father behind ger smiling proudly. Ad libbing between mother and father regarding the infants's first steps.

Cut back to the baby, still toddling towards it's parents. A small red dot appears, traveling slowly up the infant's body to rest on his temple. Cut to parents exchanging a quizzical look, then leaning forwards to inspect what looks suspiciously like a lasersight...

Back to the baby, which takes another wobbling lunge forwa--BAM!!!

A bullet tears through the infant's head, sending him flying. The shot of the infant being killed is brief and more sudden and comical than gratuitous. Shot of the parents screaming in horror, which then makes a fast zoom out of the window and up to an adjacent building, revealing a mysterious assassin lying prone, his Tac-50 rifle resting on the edge.

Cut to the killer reloading his weapon. Freeze-frame as the empty cartridge goes spinning through the air. "Machine Gun Eddie" by Nitro begins playing as large yellow letters splash across the screen: INFANTICIDE 2

Fade to black.

(tear it apart, dear readers. But know this: I DO in fact have an actual plot, full of twists and turns and dangerous male nannies, so if you are not completely and utterly disgusted by what you have just read, I implore you to read on. There will be more to come.)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm
JSPike says...

I do hope to Heaven that you do have a "have an actual plot, full of twists and turns" because otherwise this is just a rather distasteful gory horror that is rather disturbing and not very entertaining, and their are quite enough of those on the DVD racks already.

Anyway, I'll keep my opinions to myself.

1.) Don't underestimate the power of having a soundtrack in the opening credits. Prime example: Gladiator. That wonderful opening soundtrack has almost become a trademark for Universal Pictures in its own right. And if the plot is indeed as complex as you say it is, then complex soundtracks can augment that.

2.) Less gore, more plot; make it clever! Else this will be just another one of those shoddy second rate gore fests... prove me wrong!

3.) I didn't look, and I'll check afterwards. But please please say you rated this 18+? And if you really want to impress people with a clever plot and what-not, try to limit the gore to make it a 15+, that way you won't be tempted to get carried away with disgusting things (much like what I just read).

Anyway, like I said: prove me wrong.
Recognizing and rewarding writing talent: RW Competitions

Request reviews here: Requests

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing "
-- Edmund Burke

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11