z

Young Writers Society

Detention

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:33 pm
magiclukehutch says...

That was cute! I didn't like the 'What's your name?' questions. I would think they would know each other
Always happy to help!

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Pyxis says...

Nice one! I loved Addie. It was very funny

:D

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:59 am
ChurlishLassy says...

Aside from "aw, shutup" (I don't think a kid would bother to say "aw" before shutup) nice language for the first graders.The situation is of course too short though; they meet and 2 minutes later lunch is over? Sweet, but I would have had the end joke be that Addie was telling the truth, Addie and Bradley don't sound enough alike for an audience to get it until a few seconds have past and by tha time it will have died.
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Go to heaven for the climate or hell for the company.

The clothes make the man, naked people have little or no effect on society.-Mark Twain

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 am
Took says...

the best part i think was the ending. especially the last two lines. good stuff. i agree with some previous replies though, addy says certain words that i never used.

overall though, a really fun read

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:58 am
kittykat says...

Awe... I'm late, I guess. Not too late, right? That was so cute I had to read it twice. The end made me giggle. ^_^

-kittykat
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:04 pm
*lilmisswritergal* says...

I live in England so my school life's not as exciting as American High Schools but I have to say I absolutely love this. If you don't mind I would like to use part of it in a lesson, but I would like to ask your permission first (I do a Performing Arts course) so if i could borrow it and change the names and make it more 'British' (is that the right word?) I would love to use this. My teacher likes ordinary scripts like this, not fantasy or horror, so this would be perfect. PM me please with your answer, or alternatively just answer it in this form.

*lilmisswritergal* also known as Galinda the Good

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:23 pm
BobcatPoet says...

Snoink, you are a very experianced writer. At least, very ahead of me, but just keep up the work. You're doing great with the characters, personnalities, and matching the perfect details to your chosen plot. Keep it up!
Kendall- The best writer is never done improving his novels.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 pm
jok101 says...

I thought this was well good quite funny but maybe have Addie as more of a Bad girl black hair ruined school uniform. lose tie always gum chewing, something like that, it would seam more like the kind of person who would be always getting into trouble, still very funny.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:01 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Haha that was so cute. Addie reminds me of this girl I knew in kindergarden haha. I loved the ending. It made me laugh.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 pm
Threnody says...

Oh this was so cute and really funny! It had a great concept. I loved it a lot! Awesome job Snoink! I loved the characters, especially Addie. The whole thing was very amusing.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:32 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Haha, win. Wish my elementary school experience was that amusing =P

Oddly, I've had a similar idea to this, 'cept that instead it involved about twelve people, a dead creative writing teacher, and a locked community college building.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:40 pm
SimplyMe says...

I liked it because it seemed quite real. I mean, you always have a person that distracts so the others can run away :P .

SomethinG I don't get; the teachers didn't even run after Addie :) . She seemed nicer than normal. And another thing. A geeky person in trouble? Doesn't sound good. Tut tut tut Addie!

---Luciano
---Luciano

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:34 am
irishfire says...

That was pretty funny!

I always love your plays Snoink, they're hilarious!

But I thought the supervisor was a man? In the script you said it was a woman....or did I just read something wrong again?

Keep up the awesome work :lol:

-Irish
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 pm
Ellyphant says...

That's just the cutest play in the world! I loved it! Great job, Snoik.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

Random avatar

Reviews: 59
Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 am
jessie2009 says...

Hah. That was adorable. My favorite person is Addie, she reminds me of my little cousin Hailee, who is always trying to scare my littler cousin. Hah, I think I've read your work before. It's cute. Well, glad to read this!

--Jessie,
--Jessie

we went from advice to meth real quick
— ShadowVyper