z

Young Writers Society

Timepiece (Last Scene)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:36 pm
Vasticity says...

Timepiece (SCENE FOUR)

(We cut to Brian and Charles walking up towards the door. Brian opens the door and is about to step out, but he turns around to face Charles)

BRIAN:

Charles, at this point, this whole thing depends on you and James. You've got to fight your way through his denial and refusal, and get him to a professional. Sometimes, schizophrenia can be a life-threatening disorder.

(He walks out, shutting the door behind him. Charles stands there for a moment, then turns around and walks over to the staircase. We cut to the inside of the room downstairs. James is still sitting on the computer chair, and Jeff is standing up. The camera turns around, and we see Charles walking in the room. He steps in and shuts the door behind him)

JEFF:

Well? What's going to happen, Charles?

CHARLES:

We're taking you to a professional, just like he said.

JEFF:

Why? You found him in an ad in my phone book. How do we know we can trust him?

CHARLES:

We have no other choice!

JEFF:

I've got an idea, how about I just live with it?

CHARLES:

That's never going to happen! You are going to self-destruct because you're in massive denial!

JEFF:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!

CHARLES:

You're going to kill yourself in this situation if you don't get help right now!

JEFF:

It's not happening.

JAMES:

Jeff, in any other situation, you'd trust us with you, your life! The only reason your acting like this right now is because... basically you're-you're going insane!

JEFF:

I am not losing my mind, I have control with what is happening here!

(Charles walks out of the room, and motions James to follow him. We cut to the two, outside of the room)

CHARLES:

This is exactly what the doctor said would happen.

JAMES:

What?

CHARLES:

He told me... we would have to fight through the denial and refusal in order to help him. We've got to take control.

JAMES:

How can we? He's so incensed about everything.

CHARLES:

We're going to have to be tough, show him that we mean business.

JAMES:

Yeah.

(We cut to the inside of the room. Jeff is sitting in the computer chair. Voices say his name. Through his eyes, we see the room. Everything is flashing different colors, and rippling. He holds out an arm. We hear him grunt, but it is distorted. Suddenly, everything turns back to normal. We cut back to James and Charles. They walk into the room)

CHARLES:

Are you going to come with us voluntarily?

JEFF:

Yeah.

CHARLES:

Okay, well--- really?

JEFF:

Yeah, the doctor might have been right.

(We cut to Charles, taking out his cell phone. He dials in a number, and waits for a few moments)

CHARLES:

Do you take house calls?

(We cut to James and Jeff, sitting at a table. Charles walks up with Drew Fuller standing next to him)

CHARLES:

This is Dr. Drew Fuller.

DREW:

Hi, Jeff.

(Drew shakes Jeff's hand)

DREW:

Well, from what your friends tell me, you need help badly. You were in the military, correct?

JEFF:

Yeah.

DREW:

Well, let's see what memories we can dig up.

(We cut to Jeff, lying down on the couch, and Drew, sitting on a chair next to him)

DREW:

All right, let's begin.

JEFF:

Okay. What should I do?

DREW:

Just talk about your experiences.

JEFF:

Ok, well.. um, I signed up because I had wanted to for a while. I was sent out, and then after about 7 months, they sent me home.

DREW:

Why? Why did they do that?

JEFF:

I was never able to figure that out..

DREW:

Something happened to you. They figured you had already been through enough. How much do you remember during your stay?

JEFF:

About... 3 months, I'd say.

DREW:

And then the rest?

JEFF:

It's blank.

DREW:

Ok. What was your last memory of the situation?

JEFF:

A group of us, 5 or 6, had been called to a settlement that the Army hadn't seen before. They brought along me, 4 other soldiers, and a doctor from the M.A.S.H. We headed down to the small settlement, and checked it out for a half-hour or so, and then we left.

DREW:

That was it.

JEFF:

That's all I remember.

DREW:

Who sent you home?

JEFF:

A sergeant. Uh... Ryan Lynch was his name.

DREW:

Do you know his phone number? Or where he lives?

(We cut to Drew, dialing a number on the phone. Jeff and Drew wait for a few moments)

DREW:

Hello, Mr. Lynch? This is Dr. Drew Fuller. You know one of my patients, Jeff Harris? Yes. Yes, well, he, uh, he seems as though he's been... hurt, so to speak by something, and we suspect it's something from his stay in the military. Do you know anything about it?

(Drew waits for a moment, nodding. The camera turns around, and we see Charles and James sitting on the stairs)

CHARLES:

What do you think happened?

JAMES:

I don't know, but I suspect we're going to find out.

(We cut to Drew, who puts the phone down, and turns to face Jeff)

DREW:

Mr. Lynch says that... when you went to investigate the settlement, you had been captured, and only two of you made it out alive.

(Jeff swallows, and sits down at the table. He exhales deeply)

JEFF:

I remember now. They were...

(Jeff puts his face into his hands. We cut to James and Charles. The two walk over to Jeff. James turns to face Drew)

JAMES:

Thanks.

DREW:

There was something bottled in there. We just had to do a little work to get it out. Unfortunately, there is no cure. But since we got that memory out, I think he'll be doing a lot better. Just watch over him carefully. Make sure he eats, etc. It's in your hands now, guys.

(We fade out to Jeff, he is standing in front of a mirror in his bathroom. He lifts up his shirt slightly, and we see a thin stomach. He puts the shirt down, and sighs. He rubs his eyes, and turns off the light. We cut to him, walking down the steps. The camera follows him down. He opens up the door to his room, and lies down in his bed, sighing as he does. He pulls the blankets up over his shoulder. We hear the ticking of the clock in the background. Then, we cut to a close-up of Jeff's face. His eyes slowly close. When they are completely shut, we fade out to the End Credits)

THE END
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 am
Apple says...

Awwww I don't want it to end!!!! BUt otherwise really good job in creating this you really are good! :elephant:
I spy!

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka