z

Young Writers Society

NaPoWriMo 2012

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:04 am
View Likes
risingartists1 says...

I must admit, I think I am losing my poetry bug. I rarely write poetry anymore, yet I listen and read poems everyday. But I think I have a solution to my problem. NaPoWriMo 2012! NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.
I am going to do it! I challenge you to join along. I have a surprise to whoever chooses to join me on this creative journey back to poetry. :)

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:10 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Lets start! It's too bad that I didn't see this earlier. I haven't thought of a title yet but here goes.

Here on the earth,
A lone wolf howls,
A lone wolf howls,
Under the bright, yellow moon,
bathed in mist.
The moon,
A simple silhouette,
Hangs in the sky.
beep

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:23 am
Jas says...

Hey guys,

So we have an entire forum dedicated to NaPo! You can make a thread for yourself and post all your poems for the entire month. It's right here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewforum.php?f=196

[:

~jas
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle