z

Young Writers Society

letters from your characters

Reviews: 2
Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:01 am
freewriter says...

Good idea my name is Sherry so ill use that

Dear, Sherry
Why don't you start the frikin story already?I'm sitting here rotting away while you sit on your a** all day I mean cmon WRITE ALREADY!

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:40 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Jasmine,

You just left me. I don't think you realize the severity of the situation. I can't be of any use to anyone unless you follow me and watch what I'm doing. Also, I hope you're not planning on keeping that girl in the house. What were you thinking? We can't just have strangers in there, especially not now.

The first time you tried this you didn't give me enough time. I just looked rash. I'm a full person, I have more than one trait.Look at me as a whole person. Or, if you don't have the skill, just look at me. Nothing comes from nothing. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Gypsy
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 pm
Jamie_rocks says...

Not So Dear Jamie,

WHY THE HELL DID YOU KILL OFF MY ENTIRE FAMILY? I mean, honestly, I'm fine with Brannon dying, but did you have to take my parents too? And you stained my brand new g-string! Do you have any idea how much that cost? And as if that wasn't enough, you left me hanging right when I'm about to figure out who the hell wanted me dead in the first place! I'll have you know I deserve better than this. Do you enjoy watching your characters suffer? Does it give you some kind of sick pleasure? You need to get off your fat, lazy ass and start working on my story again, or I swear I'll send him to come get you! I can't believe you did this to me; you torture me, you make me watch my whole family die, then you toss me to the far corner of your room (which by the way smells really bad. When's the last time you cleaned this place!) and start working on Brad's story! What's so important about him? Just because he's gorgeous and has freakish dead stalker coming after him, that makes his story a higher priority than mine? Honestly, I've been rotting in these pages for three years. I would think you could have done something by now! You better start writing again soon or I swear I'll, I'll... there is no current torture method that will make you suffer enough to please me. I'm going to enter you into the fifth Saw movie, and I'll make sure they come up with something horrible to do to you!

Never Yours,
Katherine

Dear Jamie,

Tell Katherine to shut up. It's not my fault my story is better than hers. I don't care what you do, even if it means finishing her story first. We're all in cramped quarters in your room and I'm getting sick and tired of listening to her bitching. Or at least shred the beginning you've got so I can get some peace and quiet to figure out what's going on in my story. Thanks for killing off Brannon though. I swear he was the most annoying neighbor I've ever been stacked with. Next time you reorganize us, put me by Ariana's or even Terry's notebook, and stick Donya with Katherine.

Sincerely,
Brad

P.S.When you start on Jack's story, try to make him have decent manners. It's a zoo in your room while you're at school and all the MCs are running around trying to change the plot in your stories. I need at least one other sane person in here with me or we won't have to worry about my "Freakish dead stalker" cuz I'll kill myself before she gets a chance to!
Last edited by Jamie_rocks on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:00 pm
Krupp says...

Dear Krupp,

The condom broke. Tara's pregnant. NOW what am I supposed to do?

Thanks Jerkoff,

Justin Kelly
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:57 pm
Gladius says...

Dearest Glad--

Ok, so first you torment me with the differences between me and the other kids then toss me through this weirdo-portal-thingumy to some land I have no clue even existed. You know what? I think I'm waaay too much like you, girl--that needs major fixing if we're to get anywhere on today's market with this trilogy...

Speaking of which--why in all hells did you decide to have me nearly assassinated before my story could even start?! Thank the Lady my parents always had Siegfried stand guard in my nursery, or I'd come back to haunt you. Wait, I might already do that before this is over! I have no clue what the hell is going on--you love starting my story then completely erasing me and beginning anew (I've had three-count 'em 3--different starts on my new life in Torea in the past year!), and you killed off my first dragon for no more reason than that he wasn't good enough for you! You had to have an Ice dragon, and you had to send me trudging through two hellish blizzards to do it no, less!

Oh, and if you like me as your MC so much, then why in Zeryn's name did you begin this stupid trilogy with my mother? Hm? 'Splain that one to me, Glad!

*calms down* Hm, well, uhmm...I guess you have given me a few good things...Tif is a wonderful BF (why you completely forgot about her in the first draft I'll never know), and I see where you're going with Einian there (well, formerly Adriel, and you hadn't even gotten there in the first draft anyway...but I can read your mind, don't forget!! That's another thing you gave me--but I'm digressing slightly). Tyricka's a beautiful dragon (I'm star-struck, if you're wondering--brilliantly created! So get to that part already! Make your mind work through my current situation--get me captured already so I can get home!) and Damian and everyone else are always so supportive. I suppose I have to thank you for that...I guess it out-weighs the dangers of Torean life (I mean, with gods and evil demon enemies and greedy Gryphons and scheming lords everywhere, how couldn't it be?).

So, uh, yeah--thanks a lot! >.>

(Herein affixed the Royal Family Seal)
~Crown Princess Gwendolyn (aka Jen)
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:02 am
Rascalover says...

Hey Tiff,

Really do I have to seem sooo weak? I know that losing my wife over some thing so terrible is humiliating and tradgic, but I should'nt have to cry every five minutes. what were you thinking giving me a five year old son to take care of myself? I have no idea how to handle children. He will end up with socail services or worse dead and it will all be your fault. Can you deal with that? I don't think so. Oh wait hes lighting the carpet on fire I have to go.

Freak,
Jay DeMarcus

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:18 pm
Sorsha2 says...

To be directed to the attention of Fallon MacLean, Author of When Innocence Dies.

You sneaky son of a bitch. I should have known you would have something interesting up your sleeve, but I must admit - I didn't see this coming at all. First, I would like to congratulate you for your origionality and never ending sequences of gut wrenching action, terror or emotion, even as far as where I am concerned (you and I both know how much I hate anything revolving around emotions.) Also, I have to address the issue of my father who I killed in self defense when I was a child.

It was a hard blow to have you bring all the memories I had carefully tried to suppress, out in the open but I must admit I am happy that its all over and done with. I thought I was doing the right thing - burying myself in work, losing hours of sleep from nightmares and insomnia, pumping my body full of caffine and sugar to keep awake (and safe from the truth that's been haunting me), but you proved me wrong. It's not very often I say that to someone so you may gloat if you feel so inclined.

As for my present circumstances, I never anticipated that I would one day be teamed up with a bunch of blood sucking vampires who could one day, in a fit of bloodlust, drain me dry in about thirty seconds flat. However, despite the cliched odds and the theme song for Buffy the Vampire Slayer playing around in my head as I write this, I am fascinated and intrigued and not the least bit disappointed to discover that there really are things that go 'bump' in the night.

I now know that my father really was a wonderful man. I now know that what he did to my mother and brother was not his fault, instead it was the bloodsucker who turned him into a ravenous puppet which he set loose on us just for kicks. And I now know who the real villian is and I know that you'll do all in your creative power to help me seek justice and bring down the bastard who is out to wreck hell on Earth.

Finally, I get to kick some major ass. I know, that you know that I won't let you down.

Sincerley,

Lieutenant Faye Sunhill - Homicide/ 33 Division

P.S. Kyle Brennar wanted me to thank you for getting us the long overdue (and much deserved) promotion.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This document (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may contain legally privileged and confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.If you have received this communication in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply email and destroy the original message. Thank you.

Faye,

This is the first letter I have received from you and I hope it will not be the last. It's been a long journey for us since we embarked on this quest nigh on eight years ago. I wasn't able to make use of your particular talents then, but believe me when I say I intend to do so now. The story just wouldn't be the same without you. Yes, you're not the lead character, but you're vital to the piece regardless. I may have written many stories, with many characters in them, but you're one of the oldest and I keep all of my creations near and dear to my heart. (Don't roll your eyes.) :P

I know the truth about your father and the mystery shrouding that fateful night was hard but I knew you would rise from the ashes and be stronger for it so I am proud to see you have not let it break you. You've come a long way and I have watch you grow and change and develop with each new draft.

Just remember, anything I do, anything I write or say, I do it with the best of intentions.

Besides, Lamia will need your brains, brawn and humanity. Yes, you hate emotion but you have a heart that beats with such vitality and Lamia, at times, may forget what it is like to love and to feel. You will need to help her with that Faye - she is a woman who (like you) has lost so much and has done some terrible things. It blinds her most of the time and while the girls (Laura, Saadia and Zahra) might teach her a thing or two about patience and understanding, you have the chance to take it deeper then that. I am counting on you to be more then kick 'major ass' as you so eloquently put it.

And don't worry, it won't be as hard as you might think, even if I know you'd prefer to stick with the ass-kicking and leaving the hugging/therapy session to Kyle - you might need this just as much as she does so, please bear with me on this one. Okay?

As for the promotions, both you and Kyle are very welcome - you worked hard to earn it.

Your ever devoted writer,

Fallon MacLean

P.S. How do you feel about kids? I think Kyle wants three .... Kidding! :P I think you'll get a cat instead (independent & self sufficient - right up your alley).

Reviews: 4
Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:05 pm
Shadow says...

Shadow

And now for the sequel. In which, naturally i will get a happy ending. Right?

Right?

Shadow?

Come on... how hard can it be? I mean, just give him back. Please?

I'll buy you chocolates...

-Icarus
If love at first sight is tacky
Is love at second true?
Do I need a third, a fourth, a fifth
To Fall in Love with you?
-Voyager, TBC

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Dear Tabitha,
A few questions. I just met this amazing guy in the woods, a bit old for me, well he looks a very young 29 or thirty. But he is amazing. Yes I get it he could get dangerous, animal like, but what the heck! All I do is try to make conversation and he gives me a one word answer. I mean how un romantic can you get woman?! The closest thing we ever get to a kiss or even a romantic moment is him touching my face and gosh darn hair. B-O-R-I-N-G! I dont want to rush him mind you, but would one kiss hurt? Maybe after a night where he just is overwhelmed by emotion by the first human to treat him with compasstion and he can hunk-ishly pull me into him marble arms and really kiss me. I mean REALLY kiss me. Yes, yes I think that is a good idea on my part. Oh and maby he could be a bit more edward cullin-ish, like he sparkles in the sun NOT burnes. Just some ideas to make my life a tad more happy and less mellowdramatic, sarcastic teen girl. Ugh.
Love,
Chrisitne.
Living in a tower

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:10 am
View Likes
StolenHearts. says...

Not so Dear Mackenzie,

Why in the world did you have to do this to me!? I mean my parents died for Christ's sake, and now I'm getting abused! This makes my life so much easier, I mean you could of made me a happy little teenager with zit problems but, you just had to go there didn't you! Seeing people die is not a very cool or attractive thing to see so, why the whole skin to earth touch!? Definitely not working out for me! I see dead people every time i go to sleep you know in the backyard on the GROUND, you know with all the bugs? You also make me so weak, are you planning on killing me off or something!? I mean really those beatings i get from Demetrius are grueling, but you sit there and say my will is strong! Jesus women you are so irritating oh and STOP changing the freaking story so many times! I know your a perfectionist and everything but, JEEZ 23 times is more then enough. Well thanks for making my life hell, I'll send postcards from the underworld jerk face,

yours is so not truly,
Alora J. Valdrez

P.S. If you kill Joselyn I will kill you.
Want to come over sometime...you know at the Speldings maybe they can whip you too!
love you -smirks-

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:59 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Dear Miss Tabitha,
Ok first off why do I have a speak impediment. Im a vampire. In a word Ideal. But non the less I studder. And heck I dont even talk that much untill like the fifteenth page. Also would it hurt to awfully much to get my a shirt and some new trousers? Honestly how immodest could a, and I quote, 'perfect gentelman' be?! And this girl I mean, this Christine. The first human to come to me in the night and not run screaming for the torches and stakes. And I dont so much as give her a simple Thank You before running back into my hollowed tree for cover from the godforsaken thing humans call the sun? Maybe writing the first two pages from my point of view and sending it to Christine wouldnt hurt either. Mabey to tell her every molcule in my body was exploding every time I looked into her amazing dusky eyes. That is just about all my compliants for now. Good day to you miss.
Sincerly,
Nathan
Living in a tower

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:43 am
The Cheshire Cat says...

Dear Cheshire,

I'm coming for you next, bitch.

With love,

Death

Dear Cheshire,

Worry not, dear friend! I shall do my best to restrain our over zealous partner! However, it might be wise to lock your door tonight, and take precautions against anything that might pose a threat to your life.

Sincerely (oh, an I mean that, not like some people who just say it)

Edward

Dear Cheshire,

[s]Hello, I am writing to say[/s]
[s]Perhaps after those long nights of writing, your mind has broken[/s]
[s]I hate you[/s]

Please make me not so helpless. I may be homely and strange, but must we add another negitive trait on top of that? Also, please re-write the story and make me die in a more...impressive way. Being hit by a truck is so...graceless. If you could consider these slight changes I would be greatly obliged.

From,

Ebony Blithe

P.S Oh yes,
THANKS FOR MAKING ME THE REINCARNATION OF AN OLD DEAD MAN!!!
James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Goldfinger: No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:19 pm
Angel of Death says...

Dear My Ever So Lovely Writer,

Why did you take her from me? I held her pale hand in mine, crying salty tears over her dead body. Those manic eyes and sharp teeth still remain in my mind. Torturing me. Ripping me from limb to limb, heart to soul. Each day for me is bloody hell. I should come after everything you love! You heartless....! What can I do? Why did you let me have her once more and then rip her away? You gave her to that son of a bitch vampire, knowing that the disease is still out there. Now you have me with a dagger in my hands. I hope to see you in hell, soon.

Sincerely,
The Man You Killed With Pen and Paper a.k.a Everett Sterling
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 pm
Twit says...

Dear twit.

Your mind worries me sometimes. No, really, it does. For a start, why make me write a letter to you when you know how bad my handwriting is?

Next in line, trailing slightly in the field - how fickle is woman. Or teenager.

Dragging its toes a little: were you abused or abandoned when younger?

Refusing to come any further:- [s]Alarise[/s] MISTRESS says Hello and How Are You and Lots More On Similar Lines.

Oh, and why are you teaching your younger brother Elvish?

Dichon tyr bysa bos bob tro inc-plos -- ha cam.

Without wax,
the Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm
Myles Wong says...

Hey Myles,

Ok, three reasons I'm writing. Firstly, wanted to say, REALLY sorry bout having to kill you and all, but you can't say you didn't have it coming. You can't go 'round telling the truth about the Gods. It's blasphemy, man. You know as well as I do that I have no choice over having to do it, you write through my fricking point of view, for Kronos's sake.

Second, how the hell do you cross over into that slow little world of yours? You must know, where else would you get all the information you write about? If you could just tell me, it'd make my job a lot easier. Much obliged.

Finally, why do you insist on calling yourself Myles? It seems a little crude, speaking as a man with no name.

Sincerely, Gale.
But enough about me, what do YOU think about me?

Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
— Mark Twain