z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:44 pm
fairy_at_heart says...

once upon a time a girl named Jennifer walked up the street, then she walked down, and she walked up again, and then she again walked down, she went up, and down, she ran, and she walked, she sneezed and she coughed, she tripped and she fell, she cried and she laughed, she went up and she went down, Jennifer was run over by an elephant, she got back up as thin as paper, she saw a UFO and was abducted, she met creepy slimy aliens, she got scared, she jumped out the UFO window, she woke up in a hospital, she still had alien slime on her, she got up and left, she fainted on her way out, Jennifer was still thin as paper, she walked up the street and fell off one end, she grabbed a rope and climbed back up, she walked down the street, she fell off that end, she fell on a crocodile, the crocodile stole her shoe, Jennifer swam out of the water, she fell face first into cow dung, she accidentally swallowed some, she ran to a tree and puked, she had a glass of water, she ripped a piece of gum in half, and then Jennifer woke up...Phew, it was just a dream!
Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:06 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

I don't know if I could possibly beat the opening line above me.
One time, there was this really, really fat guy, who.....
I forget.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:27 pm
narniafreak12 says...

These are from old stories I started but never finished.

A long time ago there was this place where you could be transferred to magical lands.

"Beep, beep!" beeped the alarm clock.

Once upon a time- stop!

It's hard, you know, to be a hero.

"Gus, where are you? Gus!" said Maddy as loud as she could without yelling.

There are many stories about heroes.

Caleb was the runt of the family, born small and ill favored, by the time he was fourteen he was still small and ill favored.

Hi, my name is Pencil. You probably know what I am then.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 am
thajaro says...

On that fateful day, the day about which countless prophecies had been made since time immemorial, the day which every ancient civilization had marked on their calenders as the end...nothing really happened.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
-Jules de Gaultier
Humans have not always been the superior race to walk this Earth...
-The Sidhe prince Delbáeth

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:39 pm
WrittenSoul says...

1.) Nothing exciting ever really happens in this book so you might as well save your time and money and effort and, while you're at it, go buy yourself something worthwhile to read because -- to put it simply -- this book is extremely boring.

2.) Dude! One time, there was like this explosion, man, and like, it was orangey and yellow and stuff and it went like boom, man, and then, this other time, I stepped in cow dung and it was all like, stinky, man, and then this other other time, man, I had a Popsicle and like man is this great or what man?

3.) CAUTION: The following book may cause side effects such as: boredom, nausea, vomiting, tiredness, diarrhea, pink elephants, an urge to poke people with a stick, extreme like for peaches, the belief that you will be abducted by aliens, sudden or persistent laughter, falling asleep, and/or followed by death. This book may not be enjoyable to all audiences so go to your local retailer today and request a copy now! Please enjoy reading!

*Ha-ha, they're stupid, but it's all I could come up with! :smt003 :lol:
"What you learn for yourself, you will know forever."
- Eugenides, A Conspiracy of Kings

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 am
Kaedee says...

One day I saw this thing I don't know what it was but it was a thing but it was something, some sort of thing so yeah well I saw it and it was pretty cool yeah I don't know what to say, but yeah, one day I saw this thing.
Perfect things in life aren't things.
Spoiler! :
*_______*

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 pm
BlueKangaroo says...

I am laughing so hard right now! Thank you, I really needed to laugh. I think a lot of these would make me want to read the story just to figure out what the heck was going on!

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:52 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

"Hello, my name is Robert Jordan."

or...

"Hello, I'm a teenage vampire."
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 pm
Jas says...

Once upon a time, there was a man who ate cheese, but then he choked on some Swiss and died, but his son lived and they all lived happily ever after.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

She looked at the pretty house.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:34 am
Sins says...

Hello. I'm Simon. I like watching children playing in the park on weekends. Sometimes I wait outside the school playground, just to look at the beautiful children. I like giving them sweets. They like it too. I enjoy observing them. It makes me feel good inside. :smt001
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:16 am
Explosive_Pen says...

Once upon a time, in a far away land, and I mean like, so far out there that you need a freaking map to find it, there lived a pretty pink princess dressed in, you guessed it, pink, and here's another shocker, she was pretty, but anyway, she was picking daisies in this far away land of the times that were once upon us, and... hey, if they were once upon us that means that this happened already and probably no one cares, but I'll keep rambling on about this pretty princess anyway, and well, she was really incredibly gorgeous, just really pretty and all, and the daisies were so white and dainty, just like the princess's nose, but really who care's about her nose, and oh fish sticks this story will suck anyway and I shall just give up now.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 am
TalaPaulwic says...

In a world, where everything was normal....

You continue it from there. HEhehehehehe, if you ask me, that is a very bad way to start.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:01 pm
Fan says...

Jedward groaned as he slid past the others' bodies, their structures rubbing against his. Oh yeah, life was good as a bacteria.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:57 pm
Bloo says...

Hey, want to hear a story? Cause I got an EPIIIIIIIIC one for ya!
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov