z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:04 am
asxz says...

You know you're a writer when you want to strangle your english teacher because they give you a 400 word limit on an ending for a short story. I'm going to write a really long one just to annoy ehr, and when she says it was a 400 word limit, I'll just say "What? I'm pretty sure I've only used four hundred different words there. Oh! You meant four hundred words total?? I'm sorry!"
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:55 pm
wolf4 says...

asxz wrote:You know you're a writer when you want to strangle your english teacher because they give you a 400 word limit on an ending for a short story. I'm going to write a really long one just to annoy ehr, and when she says it was a 400 word limit, I'll just say "What? I'm pretty sure I've only used four hundred different words there. Oh! You meant four hundred words total?? I'm sorry!"

XD I'm so going to use that next time my teacher gives me a word limit!
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:17 pm
Pretty Crazy says...

You know you're a writer when you're watching TV and wonder what you character would do if he/she were there.
Looking for someone who won't disappoint you?
Look to Jesus.:)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 pm
Merlin34 says...

When you say out loud your everyday actions and remember them well enough to write.

Ex:

"I walked along the dusty trail, walled in by the golden tansy on either side, their little round flowers waving in the breeze."

Yeah, that sounds a bit purple to me, but it's what happened.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you can, A- type with your eyes closed so you can write when you're tired and B- still type rather quickly, your normal rate at least, when you are tired.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:46 am
Lucinda says...

You know you're a writer when...
You feel magnetically attracted to bookstores as you walk past.
The history of the world
My pet
Is learn forgiveness
And try to forget!

-Sweeney Todd

I'm a damsel...
I'm in distress...
I can handle it.
Have a nice day.

-Hercules

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade
Masquerade
Hide your face so the world can never find you.

-The Phantom of the Opera

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:59 pm
BethGoth05 says...

You use so much paper that it drives your dad crazy and causes him to get your first notebook. (I was eight! :D)

You use your character's language/dialect.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:03 pm
Jetpack says...

*tried to type with her yeyes closed*

Oooh. It's actually kind of hard. Anyway.

You know you're a writer when your friends constantly ask you what that word means.

You know you're a writer when you ask friends to read your work and then tell them they weren't mean enough.

You know you're a writer when you look for grammar mistakes on teachers' handouts.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you've been called insane/sick/twisted/*insert similar adjective here*

You know you're a writer when you're alright with that.

You know you're a writer when you consider it a compliment.

All three statements are true. xD
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

You know you're a writer when you look through news articles on the internet for bad grammar as a pastime.

You know you're a writer when you get made fun of at a sleepover for having good grammar.

You know you're a writer when you'd rather write than socialize with people.

All three are true.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:03 am
xLogan says...

Typing with my eyes closed right now, I think I'm typing correctly... let's see.

WHOA! I guess I am a writer, I just typed that at my normal speed with my eyes closed. :roll:

You know you're a writer when your teacher gives you a huge writing assignment and you are the only one in the classroom excited. :mrgreen:

You know you're a writer when you must type sentences perfectly or it drives you insane.

You know you're a writer when you have your own little dreamland in your mind, making up characters throughout the day; like a book in your head.
"People are afraid to die, but are also afraid to live."

[•_•]
robot fayce

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:58 pm
Mo. says...

You know you're a writer when you go into the library at lunchtime, and wish there wasn't a filter on the school computers so you can go on YWS. xD

You know you're a writer when the teacher hands out a test, and you say "Yay" sarcastically, and people don't know if you're being sarcastic.

You know you're a writer when you sit through a whole day of school and wish you were writing, so instead you narrate what happens in your head.

You know you're a writer when your out at the shops, wishing you were inside posting on your story book.

You know you're a writer when you go through and re-read this before posting.
Mo. was here. :) mwahahaha

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 pm
brybry14 says...

You know when you are a writer when you start thinking of the next book, you want to write. When you know you're a writer, you always predict what going to happens next and sometimes you be right without peeking at the end.
The sky is the limit and you can do anything when you sent your mind to it.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 pm
AquaMarine says...

You know you're a writer when a teacher marks your work and you mark her marking for grammar/spelling mistakes.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:07 am
asxz says...

you know you are a writer when you enter a competition, don't win and immediately start adapting one of your old stories for next years competition. It'll be perfect by July next year, you think. Twenty or Thirty drafts would make it something to be noticed.

You know you'r a writer when you get home from your end-of-year maths exam eccstatic, because you just thought of a way you could turn it into a story.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain