z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:11 am
View Likes
BeKaHart says...

You know you're a writer when your history teacher dreads assigning essays because they know you'll write a 'novel' as they call it, and all you want to do is pull out your 100 page unfinished novel just to shove it in their face.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 am
View Likes
asxz says...

BeKaHart wrote:You know you're a writer when your history teacher dreads assigning essays because they know you'll write a 'novel' as they call it, and all you want to do is pull out your 100 page unfinished novel just to shove it in their face.

Lol... i've finished a novel, and it's only 100 pages. but I've never dreamed of getting it published because it's so weird. I suppose if I edit it a few times... then completely re-write it...

But yeah, it's annoying how everyone makes you out to be really over the top, when you think whatever you do is normal. Very annoying, because you think that what you do do is bad... well, for me, anyway.
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:17 am
View Likes
Moriah Leila says...

You know you're a writer when you get a great idea for a story and you grab whatever available surface to write the idea down before you forget. Doesn't matter if it is a napkin, a receipt, a sticky note, or even your own arm.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:34 pm
View Likes
wolf4 says...

You know you're a writer when you download the entire Pirates of the Caribbean onto your MP3 player because it's great writing music for you.
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:59 am
View Likes
silverwillow says...

You know you're a writer when you not only set a date for a character's birthday... you celebrate it. (Possibly even by writing a story ^__^)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:36 am
View Likes
empressoftheuniverse says...

You know you're a writer when going for extended amounts of time without writing gives you anxiety and depression, and sitting down to your computer to type out a story is akin to ingesting speed in the back of a race car.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 am
Durriedog says...

You know you're a writer when you start calling your friend your character's name...
{Insert witty and/or memorable movie quotes here} [Give credit so I don't die by lawyer]

{Follow up with mention of worth-while activity that betters the YWS community}

{Insert link to activity}

{Insert well-humoured internet bribery to entice viewers to join in the activity}

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 am
View Likes
MKate says...

You know you're a writer when you tell someone you finished your new book, and they ask you, "Writing or reading?"
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 am
View Likes
cosby says...

You know you're a writer when...

- You either nodded or said yes to most of the above (or you're characters have) or
- Those that weren't true of you have just given you a great idea for you're new story.

- You can be totally absorbed in either reading or writing, and it takes 5 minutes before you realize someone is speaking to you.

- You have analysed all the posts in this topic for spelling or grammar mistakes.

- You are influenced by your own characters. (Example: you never use short words because you like to impress people but your character told you try using shorter words so people understand you better and you do so.)
- From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it -

- If the doctor told me I had 6 minutes left to live, I'd type faster -

I laugh at my own signature. Sad? Yes.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 pm
View Likes
herzing says...

Story of my life..
    Characters become your very best friend – and they’re not even alive!
    When you counter and literally argue that said characters are indeed alive. Just because someone can’t see anything, doesn’t mean they’re not there.

OH! I totally write those insanely long emails too, and my friends want to shoot me. I also adore flaunting my new found vocabulary :) tee-he.

My personal experience:
    You know your a writer when you are at your friends house, writing mumbo-jumbo, and reading things of YWS.

You know your a writer when you laugh out loud while reading your own writing, or another book in the middle of class. Then everyone looks at you like your are Christopher Columbus saying "The world is round"

(Mondo long last sentence by the way)

:) love & and all that jazz.
"Your like breathing in oxygen on the moon: Impossible" - Sophie Herzing

"The best writing says the least, but conveys the most." - Anonymous

:)

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:28 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

You know you're a writer when the one thing you can talk for ages about is your book. :D
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:13 am
View Likes
thajaro says...

Ranger Hawk wrote:You know you're a writer when the one thing you can talk for ages about is your book. :D

SO TRUE... That happened to me once in class, I started explaining the plot of my novel to a friend, and without realizing it, I started raising my voice. When I realized it, it was too late, the people around me had started listening in, even my teacher was listening. It was SO embarassing.

You know you're a writer when you watch TV and the correct spellings of the longer, harder words start floating in front of your mind's eye.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
-Jules de Gaultier
Humans have not always been the superior race to walk this Earth...
-The Sidhe prince Delbáeth

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:03 pm
View Likes
sugarxsnow says...

You start to discuss random stuff about your story to your friends even though it doesn't make any sense to them. And yet you keep on jabbering.
"A fish bit my hand this morning, and everything became trippy. Now with this coke and this cherry, I can beautifully rule the world!"

-Dino, @ Dino and Cake's Adventures in La-La Land (Coming Soon)

PS: "Alice in Wonderland" obsessed? You bet.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 am
View Likes
Scion of Fangor says...

You know your a writer when you read an awesome novel by a well know author and when you put the book down the only thing you can think is: That guy stole my idea", despite the fact he got there first!! :D
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:13 am
View Likes
Kibble says...

You're angsting because you wrote yourself into a corner, and you've realised at this point realistically your character is only ready for a hospital admission, not the climactic battle scene you had planned...
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley