Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat May 17, 2008 12:32 pm
Twit says...

"Jeez." ~the Raven

"Everything about Batman is amazing. Have you read any of the comics? The old films look really crunchy, but there's a Wilhelm scream in one of them. Batman socks someone into a wall and the socked one screams." ~Clover

"Whate-ver." ~the Raven

"It is cool." ~Fal.

"Now the elf wants to talk comic books. Wake me up when we get back to Jack Skellington. That film is my whole life." ~the Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat May 17, 2008 4:53 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Vanessa: "I haven't even seen the trailer for the new one. We don't have a television. And I've been meaning to read the original comics for a while, but I just haven't found the time."

Marc: "Gahh!" *spasms*

Vanessa: "If you don't like the conversation, you're free to leave."

Marc: "Good. I need more coffee anyway."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 17, 2008 6:14 pm
Twit says...

"No, don't go, Marcie! Where will I be without my bestest friend? Who can I whisper my secrets to at all our sleepovers? Who will I paint toenails with? Who will I glitter my hair with?" ~the Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 7:59 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Jake: "Yuck. Nasty."

Vanessa: "Yeah. Raven and Marc with hair glitter."

Jake: "I meant the nailpolish, but that too."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 pm
Twit says...

"Marcie, ma main human creature that should never be allowed to draw a biased breath, have you nothing to say? No plea, no plaint, no command, no word, no speech, no cry, no half-baked shepherd's pie to offer?" ~the Raven

"I don't think she's got anything left after you burbling on." ~Clover

*happy at discovering the alliteration* "Burble bumble, burble bumble." ~the Raven

"Mr Bumble! Mr Bumble the beadle..." ~Kit

"Bumble the beadle, Bumble the beadle, Bumble the beadle, Bumble, Bumble, Bumble, Bumble...." ~the Raven

#TNT

241 Reviews

Mon May 19, 2008 3:50 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Vanessa: "Ma main human creature?"

Jake: "She left to get coffee...are you awake?"

Vanessa: "I personally like the idea of nail poilsh. Hair glitter and Marc might be scary, but nail polish..."

Jake: "No."

Vanessa: "Nothing pink. Maybe a dark purple or navy - "

Jake: "NO, Vanessa."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 19, 2008 11:20 am
Twit says...

"I said it before: bad women wear paint." ~Kit

"You're so old-fashioned, Kit." ~Midge

"Am not! I'm before you!" ~Kit

"Girls, girls." ~the Raven

"Nail polish is... um. *wrinkles nose* Not quite..." ~Clover

"It looks pretty." ~Midge

"CAN look pretty. I do paint my nails sometimes, actually." ~the Raven

"You don't -- " ~Fal.

"With charcoal. To make them black and scary. Rawr." ~the Raven

"That's almost as bad." ~Midge

#TNT

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon May 19, 2008 2:48 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

'I draw the line at nail varnish...'-Blake

'Except when you're being purposefully provocative you mean.'-Ethan

'Oh yeah, well, that's different. I'm just trying to get a load of homophobes all riled up. It's my own personal sport. What else am I supposed to do around here? Homophobe baiting is so fun.'-Blake

'It's so dangerous, you mean.'-Ethan

'Okay, so side effects include the risk of being beaten up, but still, it keeps me fit. Lots of running involved.'-Blake

'Kit is seriously is old fashioned though. And who the hell calls make-up 'paint'?' *to Kit* 'Are you like from the past?'-Ethan
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 19, 2008 3:54 pm
Twit says...

*outraged* "I'm from 1894, and that's a heap load better than what I've seen of this century!" ~Kit

"Man, Kit, don't rip out the guy's throat just 'cos he has low tolerance levels. It's the excess of testosterone." ~the Raven

"And what's that when it's at home?" ~Kit

"Agressive boy stuff." ~the Raven

"So what? I run around with eight boys. They don't have any trouble with the time." ~Kit

"That might be because they can't tell the time. And also because they're from the same time as you." ~the Raven

*Kit scowls*

#TNT

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon May 19, 2008 4:20 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

"I'd rather not speak about boys - any in general. Simply mentioning that abnormal species gives me a headache." ~ Mirabelle.

"Boys from 1894 tend to act a bit nicer than ones from modern-day." ~ Michael.

"How is that fact relevant? Boys are boys, and why don't you shut up?" ~ Mirabelle.

"I thought we were talking about how guys can't tell time." ~ Michael.

"I really have no idea what we're talking about." ~ Mirabelle.
Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 19, 2008 4:48 pm
Twit says...

"We're talking about how much you two suck for having similar names. Were your parents suffering from haemochromatosis or something when you were born?" ~the Raven

"This from the person who's called 'the Raven.'" ~Clover

"That's irrelevant. I was saddled with a horse's name under duress. My parents had entirely different ideas." ~the Raven

#TNT

241 Reviews

Mon May 19, 2008 7:49 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Vanessa: *curious* "What name did your parents give you, Raven?"

Marc: "Probably something along the lines of 'that little horror.' What do English people say to their abominable offspring?"

Vanessa: "Oh, you're back. Another caramel latte?"

Marc: "Nope. Blended chai creme. I'm trying to be healthier."

Vanessa: *skeptically* "Right."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 19, 2008 8:26 pm
Twit says...

"Blended chair cream? Cool. Your upholstery is already looking better." ~the Raven

"I think that means something rude... but I'm not sure." ~Clover

"Of course it's not rude! When am I ever rude?" ~the Raven

"Do I have to answer that?" ~Clover

"What's a symptom of basilar artery migraine?" ~the Raven

"Uhh, a migraine?" ~Clover

"Bor-ring. Get a life, Clovey. Or better still, a cheese and tommy-toe toastie." ~the Raven

"Ha ha. Original. Not." ~Clover

"Hey, you like one thing, I like another. Tolerance, people. What's it for, if not to annoy?" ~the Raven

#TNT

241 Reviews

Mon May 19, 2008 8:38 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: *blankly* "Tommy-toe toastie? Sounds like something that comes off your feet."

Vanessa: "It's British comedy."

Marc: "And how do you know this?"

Vanessa: *grins* "Doc."

Marc: "You're kidding! Dr. Hal watches British comedy?"

Jake: "He's addicted. We need to find him a support group."

Marc: "Wow. That's interesting. And it successfully distracted me from swearing at Raven - or, as Mummy calls her, 'the icorrigible wretch.'"

Jake: "That's what my dad calls you when he's trying to sound intelligent."

Marc: *glares*

Jake: "Sorry. It's true."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 pm
Twit says...

"British comedy, stopping off for a moment to be simply super again, for the win!" ~Clover

"How was saying that, being simply super?" ~the Raven

"In a pink, slightly moist way." ~Clover

"Right. Okay. Cool. Wait, incorrigible wretch?" ~the Raven

"Dr Hal sounds a person of very wise judgement. Recomend him for Doctor of the Year Award." ~Clover

"That's a new one, actually. Kudos to you, Marcini, you've called me something new. And that is an achievement, by the way." ~the Raven

#TNT

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer