z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 am
Twit says...

"Cocaine. Used as an anasthetic in eye, nose and throat surgery. Illegal practically everywhere." ~the Raven

"How can it be illegal if it's used in surgery?" ~Clover

"If you have it illegally, then it's illegal to have it." ~the Raven

"... Wow." ~Clover
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am
Heidigirl666 says...

*Rolls eyes* 'Ought to have known someone would have started lecturing. Duh, I'm not an idiot. Cocaine equals bad. Well aware of that. I was just young and impressionable and tragically abused and neglected.'-Blake

'Clover's right. We are all messed up freaks. Ha, I knew it. At least I've never been on drugs.'-Ethan

'I wasn't on drugs. I took drugs, like a handful of times, and it was bad. I said it made me puke. I didn't say 'everybody take cocaine, it's brilliant'. Because it most certainly is not.'-Blake

'Have you finished dispensing your worldly advice yet? You're boring me.'-Ethan

'Sor-ry, I just thought I'd give everyone the benefit of my wisdom and experience. Which part of the depressed, weird, insane and abnormal am I?'-Blake

'Abnormal, and a little bit weird. What about me?'-Ethan

'Depressed and insane...oh, and weird...and maybe a little bit abnormal too; I mean you're a gay Jewish murderer with clinical depression. Doesn't that cover all the categories?'-Blake
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 08, 2008 7:12 pm
Twit says...

"Are we being racist? Cool! Racism is fun!" ~the Raven

"Ignore her. She's playing for attention." ~Fal.

"And yoooooouuuu feel guilty." ~the Raven

"No, I do not. Your mind is twisted." ~Fal.

"Twisted and bent, twisted and bent, twisted and bent." ~the Raven

"That could actually go to 'Rosie and Jim.' Should you want to sing it." ~Clover

"Bent. Bent. Bent-bent-bent. Bent. Bent. Bent-bent-bent." ~the Raven

"Shut up." ~Clover

"Yes'm." ~the Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

53 Reviews

Fri May 09, 2008 3:52 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

'For a moment there I thought our gayness was being insulted.'-Blake

'I have to admit, so did I. How do we know it wasn't? Is 'bent', as in gay, a thoroughly British insult, or would everyone understand it?'-Ethan

'No idea. Who was being racist?' *looks baffled* 'Calling you Jewish isn't racist. You are Jewish.'-Blake

'You're cute when you're confused, you know that? Maybe it was the depressed, murderer, gay and Jewish bit...'-Ethan

'But you are a murderer. And depressed. And definitely gay. And Jewish. Not that you being Jewish has anything to do with you being gay or a murderer. Maybe they thought that was the implication.'-Blake

'What about me being depressed?'

'That babe, has everything to do with you being Jewish. God makes you guilty, and that makes you depressed. But then, that is just you, rather than a general thing on Jewishness.'-Blake

'Correction, it used to make me depressed. I've come to accept that God forgives, you know? Which is more than some people.'-Ethan
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 09, 2008 5:36 pm
Twit says...

"The word 'bent' has no significance, except when the Raven chooses to use it the way she does. Don't try to understand it. You'll either go mad or your head will explode." ~Iolo

"And then there'd be a mess." ~the Raven

"Which you'd have to clean up." ~Midge

"Would not, man!" ~the Raven

"If you made it, you clean it up. It's called consequences." ~Midge

"I thought it was called a mess." ~the Raven

"No... *Midge puts her head in her hands* Never mind."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat May 10, 2008 4:55 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "I want Starbucks. Who's buying?"

Jake: "Not it."

Vanessa: "I think we just ruined the topic of conversation."

Marc: "I had nothing to add to the topic of brain juice on the floor."

Jake: "That mean Nessie's buying coffee?"

Marc: "I'd like a caramel latte with two shots of chocolate. Extra caramel."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 10, 2008 5:10 pm
Twit says...

"Sweets! Get me sweets and I'll be your slave for life!" ~Rohsair

"One cappucino, no froth." ~Clover

"Hot froth!" ~Fal.

"And birds." ~Clover

"Better still - hot birds and froth." ~Fal.

"Sweeeeeeeets!" ~Rohsair

#TNT

241 Reviews

Sat May 10, 2008 5:13 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "I hope you all have money. Nessie's stingy."

Jake: "Raven doesn't want coffee, does she?"
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun May 11, 2008 3:47 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Elizabeth: No coffee for me, nutrients in it, like caffine, can addict a person after only a few repetitious experimental samples of the coffee.

Daniel: Liz says that coffee is addicti-

Elizabeth: My name isn't Liz!

Allyson: Shut up! Now, get me a java chip frappachino.

Daniel: I'll just have a cup of black of coffee. You know what I hate about coffee places now? I order a cup of black coffee, and they're like "Would you like a biscotti? They're from Italy and they're considered a delicacy!" Have you tried these things? They taste like a burnt cookie. Where I come from, that's considered a mistake.

53 Reviews

Sun May 11, 2008 10:47 am
Heidigirl666 says...

'What is it with the lectures on the dangers of stimulants? It's only coffee. You only get addicted to coffee if you're like drinking ten cups a day. Or like everyone would be addicted to it.'-Blake

'I don't like coffee, it leaves your mouth all...yuck, anyway. I like biscotti though; maybe they're just not serving the right kind.'-Ethan

'You know I don't think I've ever been in a coffee shop...'-Blake

'Never? Wow. That's deprivation for you. I like the cheesecake you get in Starbucks. It's awesome.' Ethan

'You, eating cheesecake from Starbucks? Um, I'm telling. I so bet that isn't kosher.'-Blake

'I know. I cheat; honestly, I'm bad at being Jewish sometimes. But it is bloody nice.'-Ethan

'Mmmm, cheesecake. If someone is getting coffee, can we have cheesecake too?'-Blake

241 Reviews

Mon May 12, 2008 3:56 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Vanessa: "Um...I really don't have that much money, so, I hope you all have cash on you..."

Marc: "Bad at being Jewish? How can you be bad at being what you are? Are you like, muddying the gene pool by eating cheesecake?"

Vanessa: "Guys? Seriously. I'm kind of broke."

Marc: "I'm so glad I'm a half-breed. It would suck being fully Jewish. I like my pork rinds."

Jake: "No cheesecake for the Raven."

Vanessa: "There will be no cheesecake for anyone if I can't find money."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 12, 2008 10:43 am
Twit says...

"Yah, I don't like cheesecake! What's cheesecake?" ~the Raven

"Only one of the greatest desserts invented by mankind." ~Clover

"Must have it then. Gimme, gimme, gimme." ~the Raven

"No! GimME!" ~Rohsair

#TNT

53 Reviews

Mon May 12, 2008 2:11 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

'You know, you can't technically be half Jewish. You either are or you aren't.'-Ethan

'Man, that so does not make sense.'-Blake

'Well obviously you can identify as half Jewish, if like only one of your parents were Jewish, but in the Jewish community if your mum's Jewish, you are too, one hundred percent, and if your dad's Jewish and you were brought up Jewish, it's generally recognised these days too, but it's an all in kind of thing, you know? So like, if your dad was Jewish, but you weren't brought up believing any of it, then the Jewish community doesn't recognise that; you wouldn't be Jewish at all.'-Ethan

'But what if your mum's Jewish and you don't believe in it?'-Blake

'You're still Jewish, just a non-practising one. I know, it's confusing. This weird mix between religion and ethinicity. So okay, you couldn't really say I'm bad at being Jewish ethnically, but I'm bad at being Jewish religiously.'

'Ugh. What's with the complexity? And the boredom. Like, how boring is that? Nobody cares man.'-Blake

'I was just saying.'-Ethan

'Well don't. Talk about cheesecake. I want raspberry cheesecake.'-Blake

'We don't have any money, they only give us a little bitty bit each week and I spent mine, so someone else better have some.'-Ethan

'If someone lends me a tenner I'll pay them back...'-Blake

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm
Twit says...

"Ask Kit and she'll nick you a few quid." ~the Raven

"I will not!" ~Kit

*sweetly* "We'll ask Gabrielle then." ~the Raven

*scowls* "She ain't here." ~Kit

*snaps fingers* "Garcon!" ~the Raven

"Whatd'yu mean, garcon? Grogan's the name. What're you having?" ~Clover

"Cheesecake." ~Rohsair

"No! You're suposed to say that you'd like a nice, large, cold flagon of beer and two nice clean straws that haven't been used. Then I do a double take." ~Clover

"Where's that from, again?" ~Fal.

"Our Relations. Laurel and Hardy film." ~Clover

"How unpatriotic." ~the Raven

"The majority here are Yanks, though. Just slightly uncultured ones. And only one was American." ~Clover

*mildly* "That could sound like an insult, you know. The first part, that is." ~Rohsair

"Oh? Well, it wasn't meant as one." ~Clover

#TNT

241 Reviews

Mon May 12, 2008 3:30 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "Sorry to disappoint, Ethan, but I'm half Jewish. With a little bit of Cherokee and Swedish thrown in. I think someone somewhere along my family tree was from Portugal, too... I don't know. What it amounts to is that I don't burn in the sun."

Jake: "If the Yanks are slightly uncultured, does that mean we're the cultured ones here?"

Marc: "Of course. Only cultured people can get Starbucks."

Vanessa: "Only people with MONEY can get Starbucks."

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende