z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed May 14, 2008 8:15 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

Pouting. 'After my entire rant, nobody was really listening. I get an urge to do a whole speech on what makes people Jewish.'-Ethan

'Well what does make someone Jewish?'-Blake

'I explained already!!! Twice!!!'-Ethan

'Don't start ranting again. Explain it again, as if everyone was stupid.'-Blake

*Ethan grumbles under his breath*

'And don't start insulting people.'-Blake

'Well they are stupid.'-Ethan

'Babe. Deep breath. Explain it step by step. Number one, qualifying criteria?'-Blake

'Simple. Your mother has to be Jewish. It's passed down the female line. So if Marc's grandmother is her mother's mother, then that makes her wholly Jewish, whether you practise Judaism or believe in it or not.'-Ethan

'Because...?'-Blake

'Because being Jewish isn't just a religious thing like Christianity and stuff like that is; it's a heritage and ethical thing as well. It's a big bubbly mix. So if I stop believing in God, or even if I change religion and become like, I dunno, a Buddist, I'd still be Jewish. And I'm Jewish because my mum was; I mean, my dad was too, but even if he wasn't I'd still be fully Jewish. That's just how it works.'-Ethan

'Okay. Done now? Jeez babe, you don't half get in some bad moods over stupid little things. And now everyone's gone to Starbucks without us, because you were too busy fuming over the defintion of being Jewish. And now they're talking about horses....which I know nothing about. I don't think I've even seen a horse up close.'-Blake

'You're so deprived it's incredible. I don't like horses though. Every horse I ever met has bitten me. Stupid horses.'-Ethan
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed May 14, 2008 8:29 pm
Twit says...

*to Marc* "Do you go ride Vanessa's horses?" ~Rohsair

"I don't suppose it'd occur to you, Roh, that maybe Marc doesn't want to ride horses?" ~the Raven

*genuinely surprised* "She doesn't? How not?" ~Rohsair

*mimicking Rohsair* "Didn't she find out about the horses at the very first meeting? Didn't she immediately begin to ingratiate herself in order to cadge a ride?" ~the Raven

"Didn't she?" ~Rohsair

"Horses are too big. And they're either cart horses, which are really, really big, or they're pulling cabs, and you get run down." ~Kit

*to Ethan* "You're kind of stuck, then." ~Iolo
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed May 14, 2008 10:09 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Vanessa: "Actually, Marc does ride my horses. Although they're a little intimidated by her."

Jake: "Go figure. She thinks she's bigger than they are."

Marc: "Shut it. I'm still trying to figure out what my ancestry is."

Jake: "Apparently it's not Jewish."

Marc: "Exactly. My stupid grandmother will never understand how much her affair messed up my identity. I'm even more of a half-breed mutt now than I ever was."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu May 15, 2008 1:28 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Daniel: Here you go *gives Elizabeth biscotti*

Elizabeth: Thanks. One sec. *Hits Jake with biscotti*

Daniel: Why'd you do that?

Elizabeth: He called me Liz.

Allyson: Oh, for-

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 am
Twit says...

"Crying out loud. That's what you were going to say, wasn't it?" ~Fal.

"Why do you care? It's only fun to complete other people's sentences when you know it annoys them." ~the Raven

"Judging by her reactions to an informal nickname, I'd say the chances of her getting annoyed by unauthorized completeion are pretty high." ~Fal.

"Stop trying to sound like a scientist." ~the Raven

*dreamily* "Professor... Golly, I love that." ~Clover

"Of course Marcie is bigger than they are. Her butt is, anyway." ~the Raven

"He's better elsewhere. The humour is about equal, but a touch more, mostly. And there's better balance with the fellows." ~Clover
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2008 3:49 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "The really sad thing about cracking fat jokes around me is they are stupid. Vanessa will get annoyed though." *grins*

Jake: "Don't start."

Marc: "What? I'm built like a broomstick. I'm learning to deal with it."

Jake: *growls* "You're beautiful."

Marc: "Right. A beautiful broomstick."

Vanessa: "What is Clover talking about? And why is Liz beating Jake with a biscotti?"

Marc: "Beating with a biscotti...that's nice, kind of poetic."
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am
Twit says...

*grins* "Because you're stupid." ~Clover

"She's saying about these films and TV shows and things... Clover does a lot of that." ~Fal.

"But Zorro is so cool, and A Bit of Fry and Laurie is better than House." ~Clover

"Beautiful broomstick! *cackles* Beating with a biscotti, beating with a biscotti, beating with a biscotti, beating with a biscotti, beating with a biscotti, beating with a -" *the Raven is abruptly tackled from behind by Midge*

"Shut up." ~Midge

"Jeez, girl, lighten up a bit." ~the Raven

"You're only cross because I beat you at mindless repeating games." ~Midge

*eye roll* "Once." ~the Raven

"But I still did it." ~Midge

"And as you haven't had another victory since, you have to cuddle this one to you and nurture it and flog it to death." ~the Raven

#TNT

241 Reviews

Thu May 15, 2008 3:01 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "Who's stupid? You're stupid?"

Jake: "This conversation is stupid."

Marc: "Your Mom's stupid!" *grins* "Does this qualify as a British comedy? Since Clover's insulting me badly and Raven's just being random?"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 15, 2008 5:26 pm
Twit says...

"I'm insulting you?" ~Clover

"Yeah. Duh." ~the Raven

"Oh... sorry. It's a quote... it was just in my head, y'know? From Zorro." ~Clover

"I prefer papers to pantomimes." ~Kit

"That's because you've never been to a panto!" ~the Raven

"Have too!" ~Kit

"... Really?" ~the Raven

"Yeah. Puss in Boots." ~Kit

"Why does that always have to come up?? First it's Clover and now it's you, and it's getting really, really annoying!" ~the Raven

"Beg pardon?" ~Clover

"If it's not one actor then it's another!" ~the Raven

*confused* "But none of Hopkins or Laurie was in Puss in Boots - " ~Kit

"The principles' the same. Just shut up." ~the Raven

"Coo. You're cross." ~Kit

"No I'm not." ~the Raven

"Yes you are." ~Kit

"No I'm not." ~the Raven

"Yes you are." ~Kit

"No I'm not." ~the Raven

"I don't tumble. And I liked Puss in Boots." ~Kit

#TNT

Random avatar

Thu May 15, 2008 8:23 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Allyson: I don't know what you guys are talking about, but please, SHUT UP!

Daniel: Let's talk about something else before she massacres everybody here with her biscotti.

Elizabeth: I can handle having niknames! But "Liz"? It makes me sound like some sort of reptile!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 15, 2008 9:19 pm
Twit says...

"Well, if the cap fits, Lizzie, wear it." ~the Raven

"How come you can understand that?" ~Fal.

"It's sporadic. And anyway, it's not always a symptom." ~the Raven

"Simpleton?" ~Kit

"No, that's you. The symptom is immortal." ~the Raven

"But it goes away after someone is cured." ~Rohsair

"But not if they're not cured, and not always even if they are cured. And the sympton has been there inside you. You remember. As long as anyone remembers anything, that makes it immortal." ~the Raven

"Savvy?" ~Clover

"Me savvy." ~Fal.

#TNT

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri May 16, 2008 7:31 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

'Somebody please tell me what you're all talking about...as usual, I am so lost; I feel like I've jumped into the middle of the mad hatters tea party.'-Ethan

'Ah, Alice and Wonderland. I know about Alice in Wonderland.'-Blake

'Have we mentioned it before? I'm sure we have.'-Ethan

'You might be right, but that's okay, it's something I know about, at last.'-Blake

'Have you ever read it? I never did, I thought it was a bit of a girl's book.'-Ethan

'I've seen the Disney cartoon. That's like 'yay me' isn't it? I've actually seen some kind of Disney thing.'

'We should watch Aladdin. I like Aladdin, apart from that it makes me want to burst into song with 'a whole new world'...'-Ethan

'You mean, *singing* 'a whole new world, a new fantastic point of view..' *stops singing* 'My God. I must have seen that at some point, if I know the words. Let's all burst into song. What does everyone know the words to? How about 'Don't you want me baby, don't you want me ohhhh-oh'.'

'No, not bad eighties hits...'-Ethan

'But I like that song.'-Blake

'And you sound like a cat being strangled when you sing it.'-Ethan

'Huh. In that case I might just torture you with my rendition of 'I will always love you'.'-Blake

'Oh God no. Someone find a song that isn't from the eighties...'

'How about 'I'm flying without wings'...or any of the other torturous ballards by Westlife?'-Blake

'No wait. Go back to the eighties songs...'-Ethan
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 16, 2008 7:51 pm
Twit says...

*singing* "Where is the lid? Where is the liiiid? Where is the - where is the - where is the, where is the, where is the, where is the liiii-iiii-iiid?" ~Clover

"Oh gaw." ~Kit

"Does anyone know? Where is the liiiiiiiid?" ~Clover

"I thought Clover posessed at least a semblance of sensibility." ~the Raven

*stops singing* "It's from the eighties. Ethan wanted an eighties song." ~Clover

"Yeah, but not one that makes so little sense that the singer gets punched and dies." ~the Raven

"You saw that sketch too!" ~Clover

"I can't help it - trapped in a mind with you, you hog the TV-memory pod." ~the Raven

"All you want to watch is medical dramas: blood and guts and angst. Ew." ~Clover

"And The Nightmare before Christmas." ~the Raven

"Which is hardly better." ~Clover

*Kit quietly opens a copy of Punch, Rohsair reading over her shoulder and helping her with the longer words*

"It's classic! Danny Elfman is amazing!" ~the Raven

"Yes, he is, but it's not classic. It's a really great film, but classic is a label that only gets put on films like Star Wars and Zulu and - " ~Clover

"Oooh, ooh! I know Zulu!" ~the Raven

"Yes! See the difference?" ~Clover

"The blokes in red were Welsh and sang Men of Harlech." ~the Raven

"Michael Caine isn't Welsh." ~Clover

"Whatever. He didn't sing." ~the Raven

"And now he's in Batman. That film is sooooo cool." ~Clover

"S'all right." ~the Raven

"Troglodyte." ~Clover

#TNT

241 Reviews

Sat May 17, 2008 1:07 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc: "They're speaking geek again. Someone make them stop."

Vanessa: "Batman's a good movie. The cinematography is amazing."

Marc: *groans* *slaps forehead*

Jake: *also slaps Marc's forehead*

Marc: "Ow! What was that for."

Jake: "Looked like fun."

Random avatar

Sat May 17, 2008 3:37 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Daniel: *singing well* Someone left the cake out in the rain! I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again! Oh, no...*hods note for 10 seconds*

Elizabeth: I think that his paculierly adequete vocaling capabilities may be derived from his abiity to transform into a bird.

Allyson: Yeah, it kinda goes along with it. Could you sing something else?

Daniel: Let freedom ring! Let the white dove sing! Let the whole world know that today is a day of reckoning! Let the weak be strong! Let the right be wrong! Roll that stone away, let the guilty pay, it's Inderpendence Day!

Plus, we offer technical support for your convenience.
— nasstands (likely a spambot, but a polite one, eh?)