z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:46 pm
Poor Imp says...

Rhetorical question, right?

Unless you think people keep track of, er, the history of their word choice. Hey, if they're crazy.
-Tov
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:50 pm
Firestarter says...

Like you, right? - Jade
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

459 Reviews

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:52 pm
Poor Imp says...

No. Or yes? Wouldn't be talking to you otherwise. Obviously. -Tov

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:45 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

WHAT are you guys talking about??? ---Kitty
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:49 pm
Shafter says...

"Nothing, apparently. That's what they're best at. In that case, I shall attempt a new line of discussion: is it morally acceptable to kill someone who calls you by a nickname. Opinions, please?" ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

459 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:56 pm
Poor Imp says...

Sure. Acceptably argued, right?

Just, er, doesn't apply to this situation.
-Tov

-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm
McMourning says...

Is it morally acceptable to kill at all?
Sure, I'd like to kill some people for calling me [nick]names, or making fun of me. But, I really don't think I could live with myself if I did that. Not to mention, I don't think it's Socially Acceptable.

~The Narrator
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

55 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:49 am
Shafter says...

"My, what a boring name you have, Narrator. Any reason for the capitals in 'Socially Acceptable?' It was a rhetoric question anyway; to you-know-where with social acceptability." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 am
McMourning says...

I can see that, but we needed something to continue the conversation. And, now we have one....my name may be boring, but it suits me, as I am the opinionated, nameless narrator of the story. What about your name, Traistal?

~The Narrator
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:27 pm
Twit says...

"Trai!" *dances out of Traistal's reach, thumbing nose mockingly* "Hey, Trai! What about your name, Trai?" ~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

236 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:43 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

In answer to a question somebody asked a long time ago, yes, it is definitely morally acceptable to kill someone who calls you by a nickname. My name is Fatima. Can you imagine? Ugh. ---Fatima de la Rhyn
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

55 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:31 pm
Shafter says...

*Traistal throws his knife, grazing Raven's head but only drawing a little blood*
*Ahem*
"My author thought I was a throwaway character, and thus gave me a rather boring name, though I've come to be used to it. I prefer my formal name, though: Avanmore. Oh, and Fatima, my condolensces on your nicknames. Though I assure you the name has fine cadence." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:10 pm
Twit says...

"Ooh, big ouchie present here! I do value my blood, you know!" *tosses up Traistal's knife and starts juggling with it* "Your formal name is Avanmore? Avanmore, Avanmore, 'ave some more, Avanmore? And Fatima...Fatty, tee hee. Na, that is too cruel. I abstain from jeering at you. Hai mai, I'm getting soft!" *balances knife on finger before throwing it back at Traistal* "Catch, Trai!" ~The Raven
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

236 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:49 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

You throw around this knife as if it was a child's toy. Have you know sense of propriety, no emotion for other humans? A knife is no toy, boys. It is a weapon. There is no end to violence these days.
---Kaska

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 pm
Via says...

"*shifty eyes* Dude, you guys seriously need a hobby." -Annah
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink