z

Young Writers Society

In The Picture

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:23 pm
Meep says...

Mariel blinked several times and rubbed her eyes. Her mouth is dry, and she isn't sure where she is. It's bright and smells very sterile. Hospital, hospital. Why am I in a hospital? As things come into focus, she sees a familiar face looming over her.

Glory had a wry smile on his face, like he was trying not to look relieved. "I told you so."

scenario: your character's best (platonic) friend confesses their (romantic) love and asks your character to marry them.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:18 am
Alteran says...

"Hell Yes!" yelled Colin, :We're going to Vegas Baby!" He grabbed her arm and shot into the air like a rocket.

Scenario:A computer begins attacking your Character and playing the Emo Song repeatedly. What does your character do?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:34 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Leo fell to his knees, screaming harsh profanities at the painted, arch ceilings above his head as a strange contraption began to wrap its multicolored cords about his chest and waist, pulling him closer to it.

A strange tune continued to emit from it that resembled music, its lyrics driving its listener into a mad frenzy that erupted into him ripping the cords to pieces and repeatedly slamming his well-polished boot into the computer screen.

Every word he spoke was punctuated with a swift kick to the machine.

"WHAT.THE.FUCK.IS.EMO?!"

Scenario: Your character has just seen their love interest go with another person, their intentions very clear. How do they react?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

647 Reviews

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:36 am
Alteran says...

(I seem to get the the love interest ones.)

His anger grew faster than his rationality could handle. Every Milli-second Colin saw her holding his hand.

The floor started to sizzle as energy fluxed from the boy.

"I'm Gonna kill you!" Colin raised his hands and released everything he had at the manwhore Alice had chosen.

Scenario: Something green flass on your character's shoes. What is it and how do they react?

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:45 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Ian stared blankly at his toes before his nose curled in distaste. She couldn't possibly want this for her dress could she?

His face clearly showing his disdain for the vomit colored fabric, he gingerly picked it up and frowned. He could at least make a suitable dress from it, though the image of his boistrous older stepsister wearing this would likely induce people to vomit themselves.

Scenario: Your character has been waiting for this person/event all their lives. Who or what is it and what do they do in response?
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:40 pm
Myth says...

"Hello,"

"What? What in Day's—"

"Don't bring your Goddess into this, Dill." Aethel, smiling so that her scar wrinkled, nodded to Prenga. "I've waited so long for this. Do you remember what you said?"

"This is madness!" Given Dill reached for his holopad, but a whip laced around his wrist.

"I'm not letting you go." Tugging the whip, Aethel walked over to Dill. The man, sweating and smelliing of cigarette, whimpered. He mumbled a prayer to his Goddess.

"Where is Day when you need her?" she said.

Prenga heaved the man up, whirring sound coming from his mouth, sharp teeth sinking into Dill's neck.

.:

Scenario: Your character comes across a man who says he is a vampire. What does he/she say/do?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:34 pm
Ani May Queen says...

"You do realize what a vampire is, don't you?" The man asked. Kia shrugged her shoulders and handed him the tea she'd prepared.

"Creatures of the night. Can't stand sunlight, garlic, holy symbols. Imortal," She took a sip of her tea. "Drink human blood." The man frowned at his tea, not taking any.

"Then why...?" He whispered. He glanced up. "You don't believe me do you?" Kia smiled over her cup.

"Well, I have to admit it is a bit unbelievable, but" Kia picked up a sugar cube and plopped it into her drink. "But if I only believed things that are believable in this world, I'd certainly be in denial. Or dead." She pushed the plate of sugar cubes towards him.

"Sugar?" She asked.

He smiled, "Don't mind if I do."

Scenario: Your character has to learn something very hard. What is it and how do they react?
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 pm
Meep says...

[warnings for bad words]
"Shit!"
Benji winced when Stella hit the gas instead of the brake and they shot forward, down the wrong side of the road.
"Are you bloody insane, Stella? Don't tell me that the pedals are opposite in America! Is everything backwards there?"
"Shut up, Benji! Shut up! I forgot which one was left and which one was right. Your stupid roads are all backwards!"
"My stupid roads?"
"Yes, your stupid roads!"
Neither of them saw the mailbox until Stella had run over it.
"Well, fuck."
"Well, fuck yourself."

scenario: your character is lost in a place they don't speak the native langauge and nobody speaks theirs.
Last edited by Meep on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:36 pm
Ani May Queen says...

((^ Ha, I'm learning how to drive and that's what I was thinking of when I posted that scenario!))

"Hey!" Audun called out, trying to get some, even one of the Kritians attention. It wasn't working. "Hey, come on! I know were at, you know, war and everything but I mean, tieing me up to a post? That's just rude, you know!"

A younger Kritian finally came over and knelt in front of him, looking him over.

"What, are you just gonna stare all day?"

"Yosh ta shin bo?" She said, tilting her head to the side, confused.

Audun's heart sank. "You don't speak Salydish, do you?" The girl said nothing. "Um, what about the old language? Breue acinta? The girl's frown deepened. Audun sighed and let his head fall back, hitting it against the post.

"Nack."

Scenario:
Your character(s) is/are auditioning for a part in a play. What's the play and how are they preparing?
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:00 pm
Myth says...

"Go again,"

Aethel sent sheets of paper fluttering. "I said it would be useless. I've never liked that bloody Alluston."

Paron picked up the pieces, watching her pace back and forth. "One last try? You need to get this part if—"

"I know, I know. Quit bothering me."

He left Aethel to practice alone. "I reckon Dill's going to get a shock when he sees me," she said to herself. She resumed memorising the lines from Alluston's City Folk and Savages.

.:

Scenario: Your character is in a silent corridor, he/she hears someone coming. But this is meant to be a deserted area, what does he/she do?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:46 am
Tara says...

Daniel slowed his movement moentarily, listening to the approaching footsteps with mild curiosity. They were too heavy to be Laeja's, yet too scattered to be Jack's. Suddenly loosing interest, he resumed a normal pace and carried on down the hall. He was too tired for the light friendly conversation he feared would arise from a passerby attempting to be 'polite'.

[b]Scenario:[b/] Your character is walking across a frozen lake and the ice begins to crack.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:54 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

"Do you see that?" Cray asked, hurrying to catch up with Wires.

"Ice does that when it warms up or too much pressure's put on it." She yawned and continued to slide across the slick smooth surface.

"Yes, but what's underneath?" He gave a yelp when she turned around and pushed him onto the frozen floor.

"Why? Would you like to find out for yourself?"

Scenario: Your character discovers that they only have one year left to live, what do they do?
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:53 pm
Poor Imp says...

Tov propped booted feet on the table with provoking nonchalance. Only Piers caught the flicker in his gaze - he'd become used to looking for it when they were trapped vostok side and he had to rely on Tov's translation. If anything were serious with Tov, that catch in his look was.

Naturally, it didn't last a split-second.

The heavy-lidded skinner leaned over the table, towards them both, ignoring Tov's boots.

'Da?' he said, 'One year.'

'Sure,' said Tov, 'Ee yob tvoyu mat? or that's already happened, right?'

'You have one year,' insisted the skinner, clearly and in English, 'Yes? Nye vru.'

'One year unless I something happens. Naturally. Er, works out different if I forget Resk is here and babble Russian and hey, you understand, da?'

'Ach. Durak.' [i]Idiot

'Just not now, right? You get to play that part.'[/i]

--

Scenario: Your character is ill. How badly, and why?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 am
Via says...

Annah

Breathe escaped her, lungs stopped moving, each tick of the heart seemed longer and longer. Her hazel hues stared at the paper, but she wasn't even attempting to read it. The words moved in and out of her ears in slow motion, not even sure she was comprehending them.

Mom. It was the only thought she could pick out of the millions flying around in her brain. Genetics had always been a bitch to her. Now, she wouldn't only share her mother's eyes and slender fingers, but also her disease. I shouldn't have come, she thought--it was better left unknown.

Scenario: Your character has just lost their job and/or been kicked out of school. What do you do? Where do you go? What do you say?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

647 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:58 am
Alteran says...

"You cant kick me out!" screamed Alice, "I'll make usre my parents sue this school into a hole!"

She stormed off to the parking lot, ready to kill any thing living. She climbed into her truck and shut the door. Tears poured down her face in waterfall amounts.

Scenario: Your chracters favorite band is playing in town. Who are they and does your character go?

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen