z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:10 pm
Octave says...

Sounds strange, but intriguing. I'd pick it up but I'd be fifty-fifty. I'll check the cover art to see if it's nice, and if it is I'll see the summary.

Catharsis
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:11 pm
iceprincess says...

It sounds interesting~ I'll probably pick it up and read the summary. If I have time, I would even read the first chapter! :D

The Verelandera Chronicles

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:01 am
200397 says...

It sounds like a fantasy-possibly sci-fi fiction series, and it does sound intriguing. I'd probably pick it up, but whether I'd read it would be based on the blurb and/or the cover. :)

The Subtle Art of Gatecrashing

~Sunny

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 pm
WaterVyper says...

This makes me think of a humorous spy/thriller, or a young adult book. I'd probably take a look at the blurb on the back cover, and set it back down, unless the blurb is really good.

The World and Beyond
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 pm
Teague says...

Makes me think of exploration, whether physically or metaphorically. Probably some kind of coming-of-age story if it's metaphorical. It would depend on my mood.

somewheretown
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm
Wolf says...

Mmm ... sounds kind of good, like it could be either amazing or it would suck. :P What comes immediately to mind [for me] is a story about a town that's been forgotten but, I'm probably wrong.

flesh
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:15 am
.:Elf:. says...

Sounds like a really edgy horror story, something with a lot of blood and gore.

Time Bandit

Random avatar

Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:39 am
200397 says...

A fantasy (possibly sci-fi depending on operating fantasies) about time travel with an intricate plot and a tragic main protagonist. I would definitely pick it up and give it a go. :)

Unsual Rules

~Sunny

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:24 am
Boni_Bee says...

It sounds like a biography about someone who lived on the edge, and didn't go with the flow...? I'd probably read it

How Far They Came

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:47 am
Lil_Pau says...

Sounds like it'll be about some sort of journey. I'll pick it up to read the blurb. If it's interesting enough, I might read the 1st chapter! :)

Goddess
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Title sounds cliche and a bit plain. But then again I like goddesses in certain novels, so I'd probably look at the front picture (xD), examine the condition of the book, then look at the front flap to see if it would be something I like.

Angel's Symphony: the sound of heaven on earth
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:51 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Now that's a book I would read.

I'm guessing it's religious fiction maybe? Possibly a fantasy novel... I'm not sure.

Turbulence
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Random avatar

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:07 am
200397 says...

It sounds like it could be a fictional book about a teen's bumpy life like Looking for Alibrandi or something, or it could also be a scary airplane thriller, but I think I would be more inclined to read about the bumpy adolescence, because airplane thrillers make me never want to fly again.

Something You Should Know

~Sunny

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:14 am
Carlito says...

I like it. It sounds really intriguing like a mystery or something. It also kind of sounds like a book that would be something like Speak (Laurie Halse Anderson). Like a high school/college student that has a secret and can't tell anyone but then ends up divulging it to one person and the everyone finds out and it's a big happy thing. :)
I would pull it off the shelf to at least read the inside cover.

To make music for you

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 pm
Bickazer says...

Sounds like a romantic YA novel with a strong music theme...more of a garange band kind of music, not classical. Possibly about the MC trying to capture the attention of their love interest through songs. Not the type of book I'd read, but that's just my tastes.

The Savage King
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone