z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Fri May 22, 2009 1:26 am
200397 says...

Sorry, you weren't even close. :) Um, maybe a comedic view of (Murphy's) life. It seems like it could be both a coming-of-age story, or an adult's view. It's very original, though. :)

Return to Peace

~Sunny

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Fri May 22, 2009 4:46 am
TexanWriter says...

Sounds to me like the world is in total chaos, possibly WWIII, and the MC, maybe with the help of others, brings the world back to normality in a sense.

Humanity
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri May 22, 2009 4:14 pm
Blink says...

Meh. Perhaps a tad too generic; I'm finding myself wondering whether it's some deep philosophical journey through life or just something in which the main character happens to be a person. That said, it's intriguing and I would look at it, but the blurb would need to fit in with it quite well and specify some more.

As the Road Ends
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm
Twit says...

4/10

Um. All right. Sounds like The Last House on the Left, which is one of the most boring titles ever. I probably wouldn't pick it up. It doesn't give anything of itself to specualtion, you know? Doesn't say anything.

Sitting in a Rainbow
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 pm
Chloe(: says...

6/10--Sounds kind of interesting, but probably not the type of book I would pick up.

The Life Without
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:23 am
foxfire says...

It sounds interesting and catches the attention of the reader. From the title, is it some life related story or something about drama.

I would guess that it would be some kid who has some personal or social problem they have to co

The Tortured Artist
Last edited by foxfire on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 pm
time_fox says...

You didn't put up a title. Unless the one in your siggy is it??

A pack of friends and foes.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 pm
Twit says...

Doesn't really sound much like a title, but it makes me think of a fantasy story that involves pack animals like wolves or foxes. Told in first person, female M/C, lots of magic and telepathy. I might pick it up to read the blurb.

King of Scurf
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm
nixonblitzen says...

I just look at it and think, "Didn't you mean to type 'scarf'?" But other than that, it sounds like a fantasy story, so I probably wouldn't read it.

Thick Knot
"He found his voice tended either to disappear or to come out too loud." -William Golding

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:47 am
Lil_Pau says...

It sounds like either a modern thriller/horror type or a story of someone struggling in life. I'll just read the blurb.

Sunfire Chronicles
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:13 pm
LilyJamey says...

Makes me think of a series of fantasy novels. I might read the summary on the back, but probably not go any further.

You Forgot Me Again
Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:16 am
Rosendorn says...

Sounds like a romance. Not for me, really. If the cover was fantasy-ish then I might read the blurb. Probably wouldn't go farther.

Cat Steps
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:41 pm
Manny says...

Sounds like a novel centering around cats in some way. I'd read it depending on what the blurb said.

The Part-Time Paladin

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:11 pm
Binkatong says...

It's very straight forward, and sounds like it'll focus on a boy who becomes a part-time Paladin (obviously). It also sounds like it would have more of a humorous twist to it.

Shift Fever

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:54 am
Lil_Pau says...

Sounds like a psychological thriller...or with a bit of horror. I'd pick it up to read the blurb. :P

Geist Link
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11