z

Young Writers Society

Character dialogue

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 am
Shafter says...

"Clive, you don't realize what a rare gift you have. Enjoy the control you have, but never abuse it. Use your gift to do good; although I daresay you seem to be doing so. You're a rare sort of person." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:16 am
Emerson says...

I must think too lightly of myself? - Clive

I really am a bit too rough on him. Clive is the nicest person I have ever met, I just like to pull his strings and bother him. I'm the only person he'll let do that. But he's an amazing soul, kindest person ever. -Rosen

So, Rosen and Traistal, how should I use my gift of respect? *laughs* I like being the background leader. In all honesty, I hate speaking like a leader. But a conversation is fine for me. - Clive
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:39 am
Twit says...

"Power and respect are different things. Be yourself, and your people will get to know you as that, which is the truth." ~Fal.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:24 pm
Bella says...

"And if that doesn't work, turn him into a frog." ~Tearlach
"That's mean!" ~Melania
"Yes, but it's an easy solution to any problem!" ~Tearlach
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

2058 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:27 pm
Emerson says...

Turn someone into a frog? That is hardly my thing- Clive
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:13 pm
Twit says...

"And just how would you go and turn someone into a frog? *raises eyebrow* Beat him, yes, transform him, no. Maybe you could force him to bond too deeply with his Familiar. . ." ~Fal.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

55 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:51 am
Shafter says...

"A frog, hmm? Seems like a terrible waste of Power. Ah, and Clive, use the respect you have to make your troupe better than they could dream of. Have vision, and guide them toward that vision. After all, the greatest leaders are the ones who push their followers farther than seems possible." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:06 am
Roaming Shadow says...

Okay, while I do agree with what you just said Traistal, I have two words for you: loosen up. You are way to formal, and last I checked this conversation was anything but formal. And by the way, about the frog thing, that is so unoriginal anyway. I'd probably go with something like a koala or a chinchila, or maybe a turtle. Hypothetically speaking of course, since I have much better ways of dealing with the stubbornly uncooperative. Now, what were we talking about again?~Alex
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

2058 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:16 am
Emerson says...

Who is loosening up? Traistal, or I? Ha ha. I'm not tight at all. I suppose I don't talk in a casual tone, though, do I? And, Traistal, I don't have much of anything to guide them towards. So long as the theatre stays open, I am satisfied. We need not be the greatest. I receive enjoyment from acting, I don't need to be the best for that. - Clive

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:46 am
Twit says...

"Oh, the sheer *yawns expansively* boredom of this conversation. What happened to the good old days of simply bandying insults and engaging each other in mindless flytings, and verbal tennis matches?" ~The Raven

#TNT

55 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:33 pm
Shafter says...

"You tell me to 'loosen up.' I don't understand; this is the way I talk casually. Do you want me to assume monosyllabic words and coarse slang to appear 'casual'? And Clive, I'd encourage you to aspire to higher things. You may be surprised where you go." ~Traistal
Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:33 pm
Emerson says...

I'm not sure I want to go anywhere, I am happy. And, monosyllables would be endlessly monotonous. *smiles* - Clive

He's right. We are simplistic. He tells me everything he dreams about. He doesn't want to be rich, he wouldn't mind if the theatre got more of an audience, but so long as he and the actors, and he seems to especially tend to me, are happy, he is happy. Occasionally, he'll press us to try harder, work more. But we all enjoy what we do. He does strive more. He's letting the damn freak join the troupe, he's obviously opening his mind to more. - Rosen.

I'm not a freak, I worked with a carnival. *whispers* I was part of a freak show/side show act. I'm a contortionist. They hate me. - Vadoma

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:51 pm
gyrfalcon says...

"Ooo...contortions? Bet you can't change your shape to something tall and blue-skinned with wings?" ~Tannar
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

2058 Reviews

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:14 pm
Emerson says...

Ha ha, you must misunderstand? Or are rather silly, and I think it the latter. As they called it in the side show I am a "pretzel person". But it's a gift of my gypsy family line, our body's are perfectly proportioned and shaped to contort in the most obscure ways. It's quiet amazing, if I may say so. - Vadoma

Amazing, if you are at a carnival. - Rosen

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:28 pm
Twit says...

"Za, absolutely out-the-window amazing. This is boring..." ~The Raven

"No it ain-isn't! If you're bored, go and insult someone else. You're just jealous 'cos there's another freak around the place!" ~Kit

Street urchin and freak alike, stop bleating. You squabble worse than a pair of starlings." ~Fal.

"Hah! This from the bloke who's bonded to a bird!" ~The Raven

Make that an eagle, and you have it, half-blooded one. An eagle with more than sharp talons. *shrieks threateningly* Small though you are, it is wise not to - ~Codahuti

"Tickle the lion when he's sleeping?" ~The Raven

"Something like that." ~Fal.

#TNT

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines