z

Young Writers Society

Title Feedback

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:24 pm
Fan says...

Sounds like a guy called constable has some sort of problem with a cloud.

The Reluctant Hero

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm
tinny says...

Straight off sounds like a fantasy, but not the kind I'd read. Almost a little cliched, with a hero who turns out to be the son of the evil overloard or something. I suppose I'd have a look at it, depending on if the cover art caught my eye or not.

Re:Freshed/Re:Cycled
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:46 pm
Poor Imp says...

Makes me think, naturally (especially with its odd punctuation) of sci-fi. I'm a bit biased already, as I've glanced over the piece - but with its curious look and the image of either a 'net window refreshed and/or something recycled, I'd have to pick it up. ^_^

--

Silence, Sung
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:27 pm
Lilyy03 says...

It automatically makes me think of music... Maybe something about how music/singing affected someone who was going through a very difficult situation. It catches my eye--I'd pick it up.

Rob the Skies

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:34 pm
Firestarter says...

Sounds childish ... would expect it to be for kids, but would judge that by the cover. Skies obviously makes me thinks of planes, so I might be slightly interested, but it's not enough of a "wow" title to catch me passing by.

The Sky So Deeply Red
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:58 pm
Myth says...

Reminds me of a story my parents have told me. It could be about anything and I'd pick it up depending on the first few chapters or the blurb.

Leaving Baba
.: ₪ :.

'...'

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Meep says...

... the story of either the protagonist leaving home to go on to find bigger and better things; maybe leaving the countryside to go to the city to find work. Baba might be an elderly, grandparent sort of figure (in place of the parents?) who does folk magic of some sort.
Depending on the cover art, I may or may not pick it up.

The Summer Stella Learned to Drive
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:42 pm
Emerson says...

Sounds some what boring, everyone learns how to drive. (Even me, though I've failed the test twice!) maybe if it was something like The Summer Stella Learned to Drive and How to Talk Yourself out of a Hit-and-Run Charge. Sounds cool, huh? (Though it is really long...)

---

Illegal Kissing
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:40 pm
BrokenSword says...

Sounds interesting, like a crime story. How could kissing ever be illegal? The title would make me pick the book off the shelf and see what it's about.

Pressed Roses

2058 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:01 pm
Emerson says...

Sounds like a romance. I think of my old fifth grade friend whose mom used to cut flowers in half and press them, or something, until they were flat and frame them, she had flowers of real pictures. It was very cool, she had an art to is.

Or maybe someone pressing roses to their chest, romantic-y like that.

Touchy Feely Men
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:20 pm
McMourning says...

Sorry, but the first thing that comes to mind is men crying, I don't know why. But, I would definitely pick up a book titled Touchy Feely Men at least to figure out what it is about. I'll guess that it's about gay guys (no offense to them) who have overly sensitive (touchy) emotions.

Rusty Rebellion

2058 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:27 pm
Emerson says...

Well, being so chemistry inclined lately the first thing to come to mind is Fe2O3. Or, rust. lol. But I think of rusty metal, maybe gates, and the word rebellion with it makes me think of the break down of something old, the 'rebellion' against something old (usually, though not always, rusty things are old). I probably wouldn't pick it up though, it sounds too vague. Unless it had very cool cover art.

Stepping on the Wrong Stage

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:43 pm
McMourning says...

Stage means the scene or setting of an action. When applied to the title, it makes it sound kind of like science fiction or fantasy. Maybe stepping onto the wrong stage carried them to another universe?

If you're dealing more with acting, the title makes it seem as if the main character is uncomfortable in the spotlight, making acting "the wrong stage".

Parallel Rebellions
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

2058 Reviews

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:20 pm
Emerson says...

Parallel means to me two opposing sides, or opposites. You already know what I think of the word 'rebellions' but in this case it makes me think of two people fighting. Though rebellions doesn't really fit in with that...

At The Vaudeville

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

I get a mental image of a theater or show of some kind. Perhaps some kind of romantic murder mystery or something of the sort. It sounds interesting though, i'd definatley pick it up if I saw it at a bookstore.

Fleet
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson