z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:51 pm
WaterVyper says...

You know you're a writer when the best weekend you can think of involves a book signing.

You know you're a writer when you cannot sit still for more than one hour without grabbing a writing instrument.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:56 am
Mars says...

You know you're a writer when you correct your English teacher on grammar at least once a week.

She hates me.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:19 pm
Monki says...

xD You people are hilarious.

--you correct your parents and any other adults on their improper grammar, spelling, etc.., which results in getting yelled at.

--your inner-editor comes out of the woodwork when you're reading a book and you are then not actually reading, but editing said book that has already been published. xD (Experience. I did this with all of the Twilight books. And I actually found a lot of spelling mistakes...)

--you get yelled at for not paying attention in class when you're really writing, editing, drawing what your characters would look like, daydreaming about who would play your characters in a movie, or other such criminal acts.

--you stay up 'til 3AM writing (or reading), even when everything just becomes a blur and you feel like you're going blind.

--your friends know of your obsessive writing and call it "the norm" when they find you "talking to yourself", in which you then try to calmly explain, without sounding insane, that you are having a meaningful conversation/heated argument with your characters.

--everyone knows of your obsessive writing and think nothing of it when you are seen doing something odd.

--you think of how you would narrate said situation that you are in.

--your parents take away your writing journal/computer so that you will just stop writing and go out and do something for once, although this doesn't stop you. xD *evil laugh*

I believe that about covers it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more. xD
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer:

When your idea of independence is getting your own account at the bookstore.

When you will mutter to yourself while writing about what a strange twist your characters insist on taking.

If you will growl or say "oh no" when you read a DTWH post that throws a huge twist into things because you have way to much time on your hands and had already planned out a direction.

^ Guilty of all three. The last on in particular.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:07 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when if you had to choose either giving up writing or living your life in a cave you would never leave ever, you actually consider the options for a while.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:57 am
View Likes
KailaMarie says...

You know you're a writer when:

-You cut your nails to make typing easier.

-You get really excited when you get a flash drive. (True story)

-You just have to point out literary elements in conversations. (Like alliterations or similies)

-You own fifty notebooks but every time you go into CVS, you can't help asking for another one.

-The littlest thing can spark an idea for a story.

-You narrate people's dialogue in your mind. (Like, thinking "she exclaimed, jumping up and down in place.")
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:43 am
Anijumper says...

People look at your dozens of notebooks in shock and you wonder why they're so surprised. Doesn't everyone?

You skip social gatherings to work on a story.

You procrastinate things like eating, sleeping, and similar life necessities to write.

You obsessively make back ups of your files, because you know that if you lost your documents, you'd cry.

You'll write ideas on anything, anywhere-on napkins, on your cell phone, on your hand...

People ask you what a "NaNoWriMo" playlist is and you explain NaNoWriMo and they just look at you funny but you're proud of it anyway.

You have to listen to other people lecture you on the biases of journalists when you mention you might want to major in journalism.

You get an "A" on a paper and then complain about how you're not satisfied with how it came out and people look at you like you're crazy and they're like "You got an A, how can you not be satisfied with your paper?" You try to explain how it's not about the grade but the actual writing and again they look at you like they're concerned about your mental health.

All true stories, some weirder and more pathetic than others. ^_^

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:46 am
KailaMarie says...

People ask you what a "NaNoWriMo" playlist is and you explain NaNoWriMo and they just look at you funny but you're proud of it anyway.

Hahaha, that's a good one. That happened to me too. (:
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

You get an "A" on a paper and then complain about how you're not satisfied with how it came out and people look at you like you're crazy and they're like "You got an A, how can you not be satisfied with your paper?" You try to explain how it's not about the grade but the actual writing and again they look at you like they're concerned about your mental health.

Happens to me all the time.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 am
Gahks says...

You know you're a writer when you just have to give your novel a glowing review on Amazon.

You also know you're a writer when you just see English Literature classes as an excuse for talking about how the set books inspired you to write your own "literature." (I am guilty of this!)
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when you sleep-write.

XD, Gahks.
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm
WaterVyper says...

You know you're a writer when you just have to give your novel a glowing review on Amazon.

The Canadian portal of Amazon once revealed the names of 'anonymous reviewers' by accident. So, there were people like 'a reviewer from Chicago' praising their own works, and trashing the ones of their rivals. That was pretty funny to read about. Anyway...

You know you're a writer when your writer side yells at your editor side, which retaliates back, which makes your writer side yell even louder, which makes your editor trash your work which makes you break down and cry.

(True story)
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 am
Monki says...

WaterVyper wrote:You know you're a writer when your writer side yells at your editor side, which retaliates back, which makes your writer side yell even louder, which makes your editor trash your work which makes you break down and cry.

(True story)

*sigh* *raises hand guiltily* xD
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:01 pm
Chloe(: says...

KailaMarie wrote:-You get really excited when you get a flash drive. (True story)

Lol

You know you're a writer when you're English homework is 10 times the length of everyone else's (happens all the time)

You know you're a writer when you jump for joy when you have a writing standardized test

You know you're a writer when your punishment is: No Reading or Writing for Pleasure
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:14 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

You know you're a writer when

~you refuse to talk to your friends because you're writing a chapter.
~skip meals to write.
~you finish your English homework in ten minutes and (like Vivacious said) it's ten times longer than everyone else's.
~you're the only one to scream "YAY!" upon starting the poetry unit in English.
~you're muses have names and personalities.
~you drink herbal tea and meditate.
~you point out flaws in the reading passages in English class.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob