Voices in the Dark

7 posts
Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 15
There are two ways to do this - one is slightly harder than the other.

The first time I did this activity, it was as such: write a coherent dialogue between two characters - but write only dialogue. You can write no description that isn't in the character's voice, and the dialogue has to sound natural. Easy enough.

Lately, I saw a different version of this: here, the writer-narrator sets up the plot situation in a beginning paragraph - not too lengthy. In this plot situation, the narrator *can not see* but can hear two speakers, one "for" and one "against" the narrator. The two characters discuss 'back and forth' focusing mostly on the narrator rather than on each other. [The speaking characters may be 'developed' as well as the narrator through the dialogue.] The dialogue may have a theme.

So pick one or both and go for it.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 6831
Reviews 594
Ooh, I like the second one! That actually might fit in well with my story.. Crystalia blacks out and wakes up in a dark dungeon, where she can hear two voices arguing about her.. :twisted: I just might try that.. But not here lol. :P




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 221
Sounds like the shoulder angel/devil thing! Cool! Must try that!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 683
Aha!

:Hello
:Yes?
:I don't know why you are here,
:Nor do I, but your point...
:What point?
:The point is that I don't care.
:Oh righty ho then
:Yes, righty ho?
:Yes that is it.
:Okay then.

And....

:Now, you are getting a new coat, right?
:Yer I know.
:So which one do you want?
:I donno
:What about this red and blue one? You like that colour
:No, I want that one
:What? The pink one?
:Yer, I want THAT one,
:Are you sure? You said that you don't like pink, you said it was a girls color.
:Yer I know
:Are you sure?
:I want THAT one.
(Till): Bring, ding, blang
:There. Fresh air
:Why you buy me a pink jacket?! I ain't a girl. I don't like that one.
:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 18178
Reviews 1259
Emma, nice rip off of Little Britain.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 683
I know! I was ment to say it was from little britain!

Damn you lot!

LITTLE BRITAIN RULEZ




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 300
Reviews 0
Little Britain rocks!

But that was good. I personally can't write speech, so I'm not going to embarras myself by putting anything in here.

Good luck to those that do!

~ Roxy ~
I eat losers for breakfast...



“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly