Young Writers Society

What do you like about roleplaying?

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

Is it fleshing out a character? Collaborative writing? Being surprised with plot? I'm curious to hear why you love to RP!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I think it's a mix of fleshing out my characters and writing with other people. One of my favorite things to do when roleplaying is write a series of roleplays with the same set of characters. I love seeing how my characters develop as they interact with other people's characters—especially if they've come to see those other characters as close friends.

Besides that, I really love being an evil DM who surprises the other writers in my roleplays with some fun, unexpected plot twists. ;) I might not get to them all during the actual roleplay, but I love the possibility of it!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 am
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

I love getting to write with other people and keep the story alive, even if I momentarily lose inspiration for it. Other people have ideas, and it makes it so much easier to keep a story moving than trying to write on my own and getting stuck for a while trying to think of what comes next.

Very close in the running is developing characters because I love all of my characters a ton.
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:35 am
View Likes
Omni says...

I absolutely love the feeling when a group of writers are all passionate about the same project, and I have only got that energy from a roleplay. That energy is palpable, and something every writer should experience at least once.

Another one is that feeling when everything comes clicking into place naturally when you're brainstorming with a group. When everything clicks and everyone is like "OH THAT WORKS" and we all breathe a sigh of relief that we didn't know we were keeping in.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights