z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I got in the shower and let the water fall on my hair. I look around to find a bottle of shampoo and I could not find any of it. I see a jar of something and pour a little on my hand. It lathers up so I put it in my hair. It smells like flowers and I wash it out. I do other experiments and then decide to get out. I wrap myself in a robe and Lia comes in. "I did not think I would have to know which one was shampoo and soap." I laughed.

"Everything is handmade here." She smiled. "Don't feel bad. I will teach you."

"Thanks." I say. A few more ladies in waiting come in and do my hair and make up. It is weird having someone do everything for you. Lia hands me an emerald green dress. It flows to the floor and has one shoulder strap. "It is beautiful." I tell her.

"Wait till you see what the queen has requested you to wear." She smiles.

"What?" I ask. She walkes over to another part of the bathroom and pulls out a few boxes. she gets the smallest one, but it is still pretty big. She opens it up, showing a beautiful crown. "That's mine?" I ask.

"Your a princess now." She says. She puts in on my head and I look in the mirror. I smile at my reflection.

"Am I ever allowed to wear sweat pants?" I ask.

"Sweat pant? Never." She says, looking at me like I am crazy.

"Now even to sleep in?" I ask.

"You have silk gowns to sleep in." She says.

"This is going to take some getting use to." I say. She hands me some shoes and I stand. "Well I guess I should go meet Edward." I frown.

I walk out to see Logan sitting there. He stands and walks over to me. "You look so beautiful." He tells me.

I blush and kiss him. "Thanks." We head out the door and Lia leads us to my parents.
My mother and father hug me and I am so happy they did. I just wish Logan could be in the hug too. One day, he will. Now, we sit there and wait on Edward.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 am
thelostone says...

Logan

As we sat in the throne room, I desperately wanted to reach over and hold Zoey's hand but I knew her dad was watching me. I nervously cracked my knuckles and Zoey gave me a one sided smile.It wasn't her genuine smile, it was more of a 'we'll get through this' type smile. I nodded and the sound of trumpets cut me off. Zoey stiffened and Lia sunk back into the corner by me.

"Ah, Haven and Charles!" A tall older man with a crown on his head walked through the doors. "It's good to see you again my old friends!" His beard was gray and so was the hair on his head, which made him look even older. He bowed in front of Zoey and introduced himself. "You must be Princess Zoey. Your parents have told me so much about you. We're certain you and Edward will become great rulers together. I am King Dominic. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."

She stood up and curtsied. "Nice to meet you too."

"Dominic, where is your son?" Zoey's mom asked. I saw Lia's cheeks turn pink in the corner of my eye.

"He was right behind me.." King Dominic turned and held out his arms. "There he is! My son!"

An averaged sized guy walked into the room and stood by his father. His face was chisled and a crown a bit smaller than his dad's rested on his dark blonde hair. His eyes were hard and focused. He looked slightly annoyed to be here but he saw Zoey and mustered a smile.

He bowed before her and she curtsied.

"Erm,hi." He cleared his throat. "I'm Edward."

She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and greeted him. "Zoey." She said softly.

"Dominic, how are the peaches this year?" King Charles asked.

"Not now, dear." Haven hushed him. "We have much to discuss. We need to plan the wedding!"

Charles nodded and stuck his hand out to Dominic. "We'll talk later, old friend."

Dominic grinned and shook his hand. The monarchs began to discuss wedding plans and it made me sick to my stomach. Edward looked past Zoey and saw me.

"You must be.."

"Logan." I said, shaking his hand.

"Are you Zoey's brother?" Edward asked. "Did they have another child I didn't know about?"

Zoey let out a nervous laugh and shook her head. "Um, no. Logan's my.. um."

I was about to interject and tell Edward that I was Zoey's boyfriend but he took her hand. It took all of my nerve to stay in my seat.

"I'm supposed to give you this." Edward slipped a ring on Zoey's finger. "It was my grandmother's."

I looked around for something to distract me from doing something stupid but there was nothing. Lia had left, I guess.

"It's very pretty." Zoey said.

I kept my glare at the floor. I knew that if I did something that Charles and Haven would have me sent away and then I would never see Zoey. I'm going to make sure this marriage doesn't happen. If anyone's ring will be on Zoey's finger it's going to be the one I gave her. Not some stuck up asshole's.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:15 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"Shall we take a walk outside?" Edward asks.

I look to Logan, whose eyes were on me. I mouthe to him. "I love you." I nod and Edward takes me outside.

"So I heard you just got here, how are you doing?" He asked me, slipping his hand out of mine.

I am glad he took his hand away. "It is the first time someone has asked me that. It is very overwhelming, but I guess I am doing fine." I say.

"What do you mean, you guess?" He asks.

"I just, I don't know how I am going to do this. I don't know any of these people, know nothing about my parents and I have to get married. I am going to be a ruler of people I don't know, people who don't know me." I tell me.

"Ah, it is not going to be easy, but you will be fine." He says.

"How on Earth could you know that?" I ask him.

"I can see the future. You are going to be a great ruler." He smiles. I am almost tempted to ask him if we will get married, but I don't. I look down at the grass and sigh. "Look, I know this is not easy. With your boyfriend and all." He say.

"How do you know he's my boyfriend?" I ask.

"I could feel the love before I walked into the castle." He says. We walk into a large garden and there are flowers every where. "It is as beautiful as I remembered it last time." He says, looking at the garden.

"How do you remember?" I ask. "Have you been out here before?"

He nods, but I can tell he is not going to tell me more.

I don't understand it but I feel very close to him already. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He says in a simple way.

"Can you tell me why we are suppose to get married?" I ask.

He smile and we sit down on a bench. "When you were jus a baby, our parents declared we would get married. I was six when you were born, so I was able to use my power. I told them how you were going to be a powerful ruler with a strong vesion and personality, so they wanted me to help you with your vision." He explained. "I never told them that we could not get married. There was always someone else that was to be along side you."

My eyes go wide and he nod. "You mean.." I begin.

"Yes." He says. I smile and bite my lip. "I am going to be here to help you though, we are going to be friends."

"Can you tell me what's going to happen?" I ask him.

"Look, the less you know the better. Your father will be a problem if you know to much." He says. I give him a confused look, so he explains. "Your father is a very powerful man. He can pick up on others feelings and use them to his atvantage. If he knows you are up to something, then he will act. Leave it to me, Logan and I will figure it all out. You just need to get close to your dad and we will work behind his back."
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 am
thelostone says...

Logan

When Zoey left I turned to leave too but Charles stopped me.

"Listen, boy." He put his hand on my shoulder and whispered roughly into my ear. "I know you love my daughter, but she has a kingdom to rule and Edward is going to be by her side to help."

"I know." I said solemnly.

"I don't want you distracting her from what matters and that is the wedding and the kingdom. She has a complex schedule and you are not going to mess anything up. You may see her during meal times but you must sit opposite of her, and because my daughter is stubborn I will allow you one extra hour of visiting time after the dinner meals. She will be with Edward most of the day, including during the nighttime hours. He will be sleeping in her room and I will make sure you stay in yours." His grip on my shoulder tightened to the point where it was painful. "Are we clear?"

One hour. One fucking hour alone is all I have with Zoey? Edward is sleeping with her too? When I was here it was disrespectful but Edward can? I swear to god if he touches her..

I clenched my fists and spat. "Crystal."

Charles patted my back then left to join his wife and Dominic who were talking about the wedding color scheme.

I stormed back to my room and slammed the door behind me. I punched the wall, ignoring the pain and breaking a small hole.

A small gasp and the sound of something falling to the floor behind me made me whip around but it was just Lia. She was standing there with a small basin at her feet.

"S-sorry." She stuttered and dropped to her feet to mop up the water. "I was just making sure you had clean water." Her face was flustered and she quickly wiped her light blonde hair out of her face.

I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my hair. I helped her up and handed her the bowl. With a quick flick of my hand the water flew up from the floor and back into the basin. "It's okay, Lia." I said, calming down. "I'm sorry about the wall."

When she didn't respond I looked up at her and realized she was staring out the window.

"What are you looking at?" I asked and joined her. The view was beautiful, the large garden was displayed right in front of us.

"The flowers." She said quietly. "I should probably water them again today."

I nodded, not really hearing what she was saying. I was too focused on the people in the garden. Zoey and Edward. I turned back to Lia, trying to look anywhere but the window.

"If you need help with anything, I can help you. Especially with watering the gardens." I offered. "Looks like I'm going to have a lot of spare time now." I mumbled under my breath.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:44 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"I see you two ruling together, but I am not sure the process of getting there yet." Edward tells me.

"Logan's not going to like working with you at first." I warn him.

"Believe me, I know." He laughs. "I would not like me too much either if I was him. He is not going to like a lot of things in the next few weeks."

"Like what?" I ask him.

He just laughs. "You will see too, just wait."

I roll my eyes and smile. "Okay." I sigh. "So since you have been here before, can you give me a tour?" I ask.

He nods and stands. "Yes of course, your highness." He says.

I cringe. "I don't like the sound of that."

"You will learn to like it." He tells me. I stand and we beging to walk throne room and our parents lock eyes on us. "Link arms and pretend you care for me." He whispers. I grab his arm and smile. Out parents resume talking and we walk out. "You have to be a good actress for this to work."

I nod. "Sorry." I say. We walk around for a very long time. He shows me the dining hall, the two ball room, another part of my room that I knew nothing about, the library, the kitchen and a billion other rooms. He tested me to see if I could find my way around too.

After a while a man came up to us and said that lunch was ready and I was so excited to see Logan. Logan was all I could think about. Edward said that luch would be held in the larger dining room, so I lead the way because I could do that now. Edward sits down next to me. When Logan walks in I smile. He gives me a sad one and sits across from me. Edward whispers in my ear.

"I will talk to him after lunch about some things." He says. I nod and look up. Logan is eyeing Edward and I shake my head.

My mother and father and Edward's father enter. We eat and talk to each other. "Zoey, darling. We have exciting news." My mother sings.

"Yes?" I ask.

"We are going to have you a ball tomorrow to express how happy we are that you are home. Everyone from the kingdom will be here so you will meet everyone. We can tell everyone about you and Edward." She says.

I nod and force a smile. Only Logan knows that it is fake. "How wonderful." I say
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:27 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

Dinner drags on and finally, it's over. Haven and Edward excuse themselves, but Charles stays with me and Zoey.

"Sir, I thought you said we would get an hour alone." I said, trying hide the annoyance in my voice.

"Never did I say that you two would be alone." He said. "An hour completely alone is too much. Too many things can happen in an hour."

"What are you implying?" I asked lowering my voice.

"She's engaged now, son. She doesn't belong to you, and I will not have my daughter committing adultery." His voice was stiff and strong.

"You think that within the hour alone time that I'm allowed, We're going to sleep together?" I asked, incredulous. "You obviously don't know me or your daughter."

"If you would prefer, I'll have Lia watch you two." He said and pulled a little bell out of his pocket. He rang it and Lia came hurrying in.

"Watch him and the princess." Charles ordered. "I don't want anything inaproppriate to happen."

Lia nodded and some of her hair fell out of her already messy bun. "Of course, your highness."

The king glared at me one more time. "I will send my daughter to meet you in your room." He said before walking away.

Lia smiled at me and we walked upstairs. "This is bullshit." I growled.

"It'll be okay." She opened the door to my room. "I'll stand outside to leave you alone. If you hear three quick knocks that means someone is coming, and I'm coming in. In other words stop whatever you were doing."

"Thanks, Lia." I smiled gratefully.

She closed the door and I sat down on my bed, waiting for my princess to come. The door opened again and Zoey walked in. I jumped up to meet her and squeezed her tight against me.

"I've missed you so much." I mumbled into the crook of her neck.

"I've missed you too, baby." Zoey said.

I picked her up and spun her around as she giggled.

"Stop it, stop it!" She squealed. "I'm getting dizzy!"

I set her down and crushed my lips against hers. It's been so long since I've kissed her, too long. I kissed her hard, almost hungrily. When we broke apart we were panting. I kissed her softly on the nose and lied down on the bed. I patted the bed and jerked my head towards it.

"Come here, beautiful." I smiled.

She got into the bed and sat next to me. She rested her head on my shoulder and I put my head on hers.

She sighed and I took her hand in mine.

"You alright?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. We'll be fine." She bent her head up and kissed me before groaning and pulling away.

"What?" I laugh lightly.

"This hurts my neck." She complained. She crawled into my lap and wrapped her arms around me. "This is better."

Zoey tilted her chin up to meet mine and we began kissing again. Much softer and lighter than the first one. Almost like we were afraid of breaking each other. Or maybe we realized we were both already broken.

When three quick knocks broke us apart, I immediately took my hands off of Zoey. Lia came in and said with her eyes wide, King Charles is coming up the stair case. I gave Zoey one last quick kiss and sure enough her dad came in.

"Time's up." He said roughly. "Zoey, go out to the courtyard. Edward will meet you there. He's requested to talk to you." He pointed at me.

Zoey nodded and left. Lia turned to me. "Edward is probably already on his way up here so I'm going to say this quick, the castle is locked up during the nighttime hours but there's a service elevator at the end of this hall. The help use it to bring towels and other things up to the rooms. You can use it to get to the laundry room. Granted it's not very romantic, but it's the only room I can get you in without a key. The King and Queen never come in there. You just have to be out and back in your rooms by six in the morning, understand?"

Her words were coming out of her mouth so fast I had a hard time following, but I nodded anyways.

"I have the key to your room, I'll give it to Zoey." She said heading towards the door.

"What about Zoey's room key?" I asked.

"She doesn't need one. Her room will be unlocked because Edward will be with her." She explained.

Lia quickly turned to close the door behind her but I asked her one more thing. "How come you always disappear when Edward is around?"

"I have chores to do, Logan." She said quietly then hurried out.

A couple seconds after Lia left Edward came in. "What do you want?" I said, trying to keep my composure.

"I want to talk about Zoey." He said, pacing around my room. "It's obvious that both of you are in love. I'm going to try to help you, but you have to trust me. I know it's difficult seeing as I'm always with her and I will be sleeping in her room, but you don't need to worry. I respect her and she's a great girl but she's not the one for me."

"I thought you didn't have a choice." I said. "I thought that's why Zoey has to go through this, because it's an arranged marriage."

"It is." He agreed. "But I'm going to try and help you two stop it. Right now I have to go meet her in the courtyard but I promise, it will work out."

Just like that he was gone and Lia reappeared.

"I thought you had chores." I said dully.

"I do." She grabbed a basket full of towels from outside. "I thought you wanted to help me."

"I do." I smiled.

Lia threw a fluffy white towel at my face and laughed. "Then start folding."

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I walk out to the court yard and sit on the bench I sat earlier. I think about how quickly my life turned around. Yesterday, I was just plain Zoey. Today, I'm a princess who cannot marry the boy she is love with. The boy she is going to marry is trying to help her marry the one she loves. Things went crazy pretty fast. "Thinking?" Edward asks, taking a seat beside me.

"Yes." I say. "Everything is happening all at once."

"It is." He says. "There is something I need to tell you and I think you would prefer to hear it from me."

"What is it?" I ask, getting a little concerned.

"Well, your father has been having some talks with Logan and I will be staying in your room now. Lia's figured out a way for you to be together though."

I sigh. "Thanks for telling me." I say. "It is getting late, there's a ball tomorrow. We might want to get some sleep."

He nods and take my hand, leading me back to my room. I walk into the bath room and change into one of the silk gowns and a rode. I walk out to see Edward sitting on the side of the bed. There is a knock at the door and Lia comes in. She leads me to a service elevator and I go down. Logan had spread out sheets and pillows for us to sleep on. I run over to him and kiss him again. I hate being away from him. It is horrible. We lay down and I curl up to him. "I love you so much." Is the last thing I said before I fell asleep.
--
An alarm goes off and I jump up. Logan and I ride the elevator up and I walk to my room. I kiss him and then depart. I open the door quietly and sneak in. I was still tired so I lay on the other side on the bed. I was not feeling very good. My brain was worn out, so I just slept in. Lia and Edward tried to wake me up, but I just did not move. It was not worth moving if I was going to have to be apart from Logan all day.

Laying there made me think of how sick this whole thing was. I have to change my whole life to be apart of a family I don't even know. Why did I have such a strong bond with the people in the kingdom that I have never met? This whole think make my head hurt.

After a million tries to get me out of bed, they go get Logan. My eyes were closed, but I knew he was kneeling beside my bed. He brushes my hair out of my face and feels my head. "Baby, what's wrong?" He whispers, kissing my forehead.

"I can't stop thinking." I whisper back.

"I know, babe. Sitting in the bed is not going to fix that though." He laughs. He kisses my lips and holds my hand. "Please get up for me?"

I open my eyes and crawl out of bed. I stand and kiss him. "I will see you later." I frown.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:46 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I look at her sadly then look at Lia. "Is there anything I can do to keep me busy from now until the ball?"

She shrugged. "Well, I'm going to be here with Zoey. We need her to look perfect for the ball. Edward will probably be in the throne room talking about politics or something with the king and queen." She glanced out the window. "I suppose the gardens need some water. As soon as I finish Zoey, I'll get you ready. Then you can both dance the night away."

Zoey sighed. "I wish."

I slowly walked outside and found my way to the gardens. The flowers did look a little wilted in the hot sun but they were still gorgeous. The rainbow of colors flowed gracefully through the garden, twisting as they go. It really was beautiful. I took a deep breath and looked for a hose.

I finally found one hidden in the corner of the courtyard. When I turned it on water rushed through the hose and seeped into the dirt. When I held my hand out the water rose into the air. I made the water flatten like a blanket over the flowers. Carefully, I made it rain onto the plants.

I continued through the huge garden and by the time I was done I was exhausted.

"Logan!" I heard Lia call as I was turning off the water supply. "Logan, come on!"

I jogged over to where she was and her eyes grew wide. "What did you do, roll around in the mud?"

"I watered them like you said, but then I saw some weeds in the corner so I pulled them for you." I explained and wiped my dirty hands on my t-shirt.

"We need to hurry. The ball is in an hour!" Lia grabbed me by my arm and pulled me back into the castle. We got to my room and she practically threw me into the shower.

"Hurry!" She yelled through the door. "But make sure you use soap!"

When I finished showering using soap, Lia thrusted a tux at me. "Do you know how to tie the bowtie?" She asked.

I nodded and quickly put it on.

Lia glanced at the clock and groaned. "We don't have time to fix your hair."

"What are you talking about?" I teased. "My hair is always perfect." I shook my head fast and water sprayed out at her. She shielded herself with her arms then swatted me.

"We don't have time for this! People are arriving! They will announce it any time now!" Lia cried.

I towel dried my hair then ran a couple fingers through it as it started to dry. I looked at her and noticed she was wearing an old long coral pink skirt with a plain white t-shirt tucked in. "What about you? Shouldn't you be wearing a dress like Zoey's?"

"I only make the dresses. I am not fit to wear them." She said quietly. "This is the nicest attire I own."

"Well who needs a pretty dress anyways? Not us." I held out my arm. "It would be an honor to escort you to the ball."

She laughed lightly but shook her head. "I have to report to the kitchen. I'll be carrying champagne on a tray." She pushed me through the door. "Go! You'll be late!"

I ran down the stairs and to the grand ballroom. It was packed, but elegant. Large chandeliers hung from the ceiling and flowers, which I'm pretty sure were taken from the garden, were sitting on the tables. The dance floor was large and some people were already slow dancing. I walked in and tried to find Zoey but she wasn't there so I found a nice place to stand.

A familiar trumpet song rang through the room and the King and Queen walked into the ballroom. Everyone bowed or curtsied, so I did the same. Haven stood in front of the crowd and raised her voice. "We are honored to have you all here to day to celebrate my daughter's homecoming and her engagement."

On cue, Zoey walked in with her arm linked through Edward's. Everyone bowed and curtsied again but this time I didn't join them. It felt weird to bow to my girlfriend and her fiance.

"Let's start tonight off with the traditional waltz." Charles said and lead Haven out to the floor. A soft tune swept through the hall and I couldn't keep my eyes off of Zoey. She looked stunning. Absolutely beautiful. She and Edward began to dance and I looked around awkwardly. I noticed Lia standing in the back, offering people drinks.

I tapped on her arm. "Dance with me." I meant it as a question but it came out more like a statement.

"Logan." She hissed. "I'm working."

I take the tray from her hand and set it down at a table in the back. "Now you're not. Come on."

I dragged her out to the floor and she immediately turned red. She looked so out of place and she knew it too. Her skirt was no match to the lavish dresses the other ladies were wearing. Her hair was still resting on top of her head in an attempt to get it out of her face.

"I don't belong here." She mumbled then tried to leave but I grabbed her wrist and spun her back into me.

"Please? I need to get closer to Zoey." I hissed in her ear as I started the waltz.

She took a deep shattery breath but agreed. She kept her eyes on the floor, avoiding everyone's scrutinizing glares. When we waltzed closer to Zoey and Edward I stepped in.

"May I?" I asked Edward and he nodded. I took Zoey in my arms and watched over her shoulder as Lia scrambled away leaving Edward alone.

"Are you enjoying your ball?" I asked.

"No." She sighed. "It's only just begun and I already hate it."

I pressed her closer to me and smiled. "It's going to be okay."

"I know." She whispered back. The song ended and she looked up at me sadly. "Time to go talk to more of my subjects. That sounds so weird. My subjects. What makes me any better than them?"

"That crown on your head." I teased and squeezed her arm before she rushed off to join Haven who was talking to some other people.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:04 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
The gold gown I am wearing is huge. It is beautiful, but it is not easy to walk in. I rush to my mother who was talking to a large group of people. "Another beautiful ruler." A woman says.
I smile. "Thank you. How are things in the kingdom." I ask.
"Things are wonderful as always. Everything is perfect thanks to the king and queen. Everyone is living perfectly and everyone is happy." She smiles. She soundes a little rude. I was not very fond of it.\

"That is wonderful to hear." I say. "I am glad everyone is doing so well."
"We are." Another woman says.
"Princess?" Edward says behind me.
I turn to him and smile. "Yes?"
"The night is coming to an end. May I have one last dance?" He asks, holding out his hand.
"Of course." I smile. He leads me out into the middle and twirls me around.
"I have a plan." He says.
"To do?" I ask.
"To get you and Logan alone for the night." He tells me.
"Oh, do tell." I smile.
"Tonight as everyone leaves, you and I will head into town. Your parents trust me. Logan will meet us there with Lia and we will switch off." He says.
I smile and nod. "I love it."
"I would also like to talk to Logan about a few things." he tells me.
I nod. The song ends and we part ways. I speak to a lot of people and they tell me how wonderful everything is. It is so great. Edward and I head up to my room after the ball and change. I change in the closet and he changes in the bath room. I put on a long, dark blue dress with sleves and take my crown off. Edward and I walk into town and finally find Logan and Lia. I run over to him and kiss him. He pulls me in for a close hug and I wrap my arms around him.
"I want to show you how great the kingdoms doing." I gush.
"Okay." He laughs and I drag him along.
We walk far into town and what I had expected to be wonderful was so sad and ruined.People were crying and you could tell they needed help. I look to Logan, "No one ever told me about this. Everyone said how wonderful it was." I said. It feels like someone stabbed me in the heart. Even thought I don't know them, they are still my people and they are suffering.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:07 am
thelostone says...

Logan

The further we walk down the dirt road the less I see of this kingdom Zoey told me about. These people were living in run down shacks. Their clothes were rags clinging to skeletons.

"Zo.." I drifted off, watching the children peek out from the shacks.

"I-I don't understand." She mumbled and a little boy ran up to us he held out his hands and looked up at us.

"Please." He begged. He couldn't have been older than ten. "Do you have any food?"

Zoey's hand covered her mouth and I could tell she was close to tears.

"Nathaniel!" An older lady came out of her "house" and swept the boy behind her. "I'm sorry about my son. I-I told him to stay in the house, your highness." She curtsied to Zoey.

"Oh, no it's fine really! I just wish-"

"Princess." A smaller girl grabbed a fistful of Zoey's dress and looked up in awe. "Princess." She repeated.

"Annaliese, please." The woman scooped up the little girl. "Both of you, please, just go back inside." She gave us one last look before escorting them back to the tarp and boxes they called home.

We kept walking and Zoey clung to my shoulder. More kids and adults rushed out to see us. Many asked for food or money and others just stared. They all had one thing in common, their faces were all deprived of hope.

We walked silently back to the castle, both of us too scarred to talk. When we got to Zoey's room she collapsed on her bed in a fit of tears. I sat next to her and she curled up beside me. "Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

"These people," she choked out. "They're my responsibility and they're starving! Logan, I can't do this. I don't know what to do. If I marry Edward the kingdom will get more money, b-but I-I can't l-lo-" Her tears drowned out the rest of her sentence, but I already knew what she was going to say.

"Hey, listen." I tilted her chin up so she was looking at me. I wiped a stream of water off of her cheek. "You're not going to lose me, understand? There's nothing you or anyone could ever do to take me away from you. I will always be with you, but if marrying Edward will save your kingdom then you're right. That's your responsibility."

"I don't want to marry him, Logan!" She cried and buried her face back into my shirt. "I want to marry you, but I don't think you feel the same. You never bring it up and you're saying I should marry Edward-"

I cut her off quickly. "You really think I said you should marry Edward because I don't love you enough to ask you to marry me? Zoey,it kills me every time you're with him. Whenever you're away from me, I lose who I am. Life's a bitch though, Zo. I think about proposing to you all the time, but do you really think your parents will let it happen when Edward and his money is already lined up? Zoey, I love you more than anyone could ever love another person. I promise there hasn't been a day where I've stopped wanting you. Since the day I met you, I'm so glad that I hit you with my truck." I tilted her face back up to meet mine and I kissed her like I've never kissed her before. I kissed her like she was being taken away from me and she was. "I will marry you, Zoey." I whispered on her lips. "I can promise you that. Everything is going to be okay. I'll do whatever I can to help those people and I know you will too. We're gonna be alright, and I will make you my wife one day." I kissed her again before murmuring, "You will always be mine and I will always be yours."

"Okay." Was all she said. I swept her up and carried her down the hall to the service elevator. "I love you, Logan." She whispered into my shirt as the elevator jerked to life.

"I love you more, Zo." I said back. The elevator doors opened and I carefully set Zoey down in a pile of pillows. I heard a small giggle but when I looked at Zoey it wasn't her. She sat up and pointed to the corner of the room where the machines were. From his royal attire I could tell it was Edward. He was kissing someone sitting on top of the whirring machine. I exchanged glances with Zoey and we crept a little closer. It was a blonde. I squinted my eyes and realized it wasn't just any blonde. It was Lia and she was wrapped around the prince's waist.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"Holy shit." I say, and Logan covers my mouth with his hand. It was too late though, they turning around and saw us. "Sorry."

Edward looks at my tear stained eyes and frowns. "You okay?" He asks.

I nod. "So you are Lia?" I asked. "Looks like we both have someone to fight for."
"That we do." Edward says.

Lia jumps down and holds Edward's hand. "So what's the plan now?" Logan asks. He might become friends with Edward now after this. Now he knows that Edward is not trying to steal me, he might feel a little better.

"We have to get the laws changed if we want to marry who we want. I don't really see another way to get out of it." Edward says.

"Well how are we going to do that?" I ask.

"Tomorrow, you and I are going to a congress meeting just to observe. I think we need to try to get it changed then.Logan needs to be there too. Time is slipping away. We don't have much time left and we both want a chance to marry the one we love." Edward says.

I nod and lay my head on Logan's shoulder. "Okay, let's do it."
--
The next morning was a blur for the most part. All I can remember was being thrown around to get dressed. I was so worried that no one was going to listen. My fate of husband will be in the hands of people I don't know. Not a comforting thought.
Logan kisses me and I snap out of it. "We will be fine." He tells me.
I nod and kiss him again. "I know."

We walk down the hallway to a room. It was filled with chairs and a few were mounted up. People file in and my mother and father take a seat on the chairs that were mounted up. They talk for a while and people say a lot of stuff. I was not listening. I was trying to think of what I was going to say.

After it was done, I stand up. "Wait." I say. "We would like to say a few words." I say.

"Yes, princess?" The king asks.

There's no turning back now was all I could think.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:55 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

People started to leave but Zoey stood up and they sat back down.

Haven looked at her nervously. "What is it, dear?" She asked.

"Zoey, sit down." Her dad ordered. "It is not your place to speak here."

"Dad, just listen to me, please!" She pleaded she looked over at me for help. I stood up to join her and held her hand. "I believe we should change the law."

A couple laughs echoed through the hall, Charles included. "Princess, we can't just go around changing the rules we dislike. We have these rules for a reason and our kingdoms rely on them."

"Arranged marriages?"

"They bring money to the kingdom, sweetheart." Haven said. "Money we desperately need."

"We can get more money without forcing our sons and daughters to marry people they don't love." Zoey's voice was strong and determined.

"Please give us an example." Charles challenged her. I watched Zoey squirm under the spot light so I jumped in to help her.

"Trade." I said. "The more we trade the more money we will bring into the kingdom. Edward's kingdom trades their agriculture, they're known for their peaches. That's why they have all the money we have. We're just sitting here relying on a marriage to get what we want. We can trade Lia's silks and her dresses. They're beautiful, how could anyone not want some? We can sell the flowers too. I'm sure I'm not the only who wishes they had a garden like you guys have here. If money is the only reason for arranged marriages, we can do without them if we simply put more stock out there for the other kingdoms to buy."

"Money isn't the only reason, son." Charles put his foot down. "They tie the kingdoms together."

Edward stood up with us. "What about just being friends? This whole marriage wouldn't have happened if you weren't friends with my father."

"It's unfair to force your kids to love someone they don't." Zoey said. "When two people really truly love each other, they can do anything." She looked at me and squeezed my hand. "Including bringing their kingdom back to life."

"Thank you for your time." I bowed and we walked out of the hall. I hugged Zoey and she whispered in my ear.

"Do you think it worked?"

"I don't know." I admitted. "But we did our best."

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
All four of us walk back to my room and I pace. "What if they just say no? What if they are not open to change?" I ask.
Logan pulls me on to his lap and holds me there. "Then we will try again." He whispers in my ear. "We work will together." He says, lips against my ear.
I nod and kiss him. "We do."
"Calm down. We are going to be fine." He kisses my cheek and pulls me closer to him.
There is a knock on the door and Pembleton enters. I almost forgot about him. "The king and queen would like to see you."
I bite my lip and stand. Logan, Edward and I walk into the room we were just in. I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest. Logan puts his arm around my waist and I calm down a little. We walk to the front and stand infront of my mother and father.
My father begins to speak. "After you left we have come to an agreement about the law. We are not getting rid of it all together, but we are changing the law." He says. I bite my lip. "There will no longer be any aranged marriges." He says. "The law has been changed to say that you must marry with in your caste. Meaning someone with a higher title cannot marry a richless."
I want to scream with joy, but I hold it in.
"But.." Edward says, but my father cuts him off.
"That will be all." The king says. My mother and father get up and leave and so do all of the people inside, including Edward.
I jump into Logan's arms and he kisses me. We kiss like we have been apart for years and we just got each other back. I wrap my arms around his neck and jump up, wrapping my legs around him. He holds he up and I kiss him hard. We are going to be able to get married. My parents said yes.
I jump down and hug him. "I love you." He tells me.
"I love you more." He tells me.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:40 am
thelostone says...

Logan

"Let's take this thing off." I gently pulled Edward's ring off of Zoey's finger. "It belongs on someone else's finger." Zoey giggled and kissed me. I reached into my back pocket and took out the ring box I bought a few days ago in case we were successful in changing the law. As soon as Zoey saw it she gasped and covered her mouth. I opened the box revealing the ring. I got on one knee and looked up at my princess. "Zoey, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Tears swam in her eyes as she nodded, unable to say anything. I put the ring on her shaking hand. "Logan.." She smiled and kissed me then admired the ring. "It's beautiful."

It was gorgeous. The square cut diamond looked perfect on her finger. "It's not my Grandmother's or anything, but it's the best I could get you."

"I love it." She threw her arms around my neck and I held her tight.

"I told you we'd be okay." I whispered. "Still up for getting married next week?"

"Of course!" She giggled. "I love you so much, Logan."

"I love you always." I said back and stood up. "Come on, let's go visit the townspeople again. This time we can bring food to bring them."

She smiled and took my hand. "Let's go."
Attachments
b0581f6563519304431ecee768566771.jpg

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:40 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
We head down to the kitchen and get a lot of food. We load it in a few carts given to us buy the kitchen staff and head out into town. When we got there, people swarmed around us. They don't dare to take food. "What is this for?" The woman from the day before asked me.
"It's for you all." I say, smiling. They are all so shocked. "Why are you so suprised?"
"We did not think anyone cared about us." She said.
I frowned and shake my head. "Well we do." Logan says, pulling me close to him.
"I am so sorry that you felt that way, but I can promise you that we will do everything to care for you." I tell her. "So please, take this foos and know that you have a place in our hearts."
They all take some food and dig in. Annaliese and Nathaniel ran over to me and took my hands and pulled me away. A lot of kids come over and we play around. We dance, sing, chase each other and just have a lot of fun. Annaliese stops and looks at my ring. "Did you get that from that boy?" She asks.
I smile and look to Logan. "I did. His name is Logan." I tell her.
"Are you guys going to get married?" She asks, a huge smile on her face.
"We are." I say. I squat down so I meet her hight. "Now Annaliese I want my wedding to be perfect in every single way. Can you help me with that?" I ask her.
"Yes, princess." She says.
"Will you do me the honor of being the flower girl in my wedding?" I ask her, taking her hand in mine.
She got excited for a moment, but then frowned and shoke her head. "I can't." She says.
"Why is that?" I ask.
"I do not have anything nice to wear." She frowns.
"You don't have to worry about that, I just want you there. I will get you a dress." I tell her. She wraps her arms around me and I spin her around. I see Logan looking over at me and I smile. He winks and turns back to the people he was talking to and I turn to all the kids. "I want all of you to be in it if you would like." They all jump up and down and scream.
I join Logan and get everyones attention. "Hello. We are getting married next week and we would love it if all of you would come. No one needs to worry about having something to wear. We will provide this for you." I tell them
-Winnie the Pooh

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec