z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 1
Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:13 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
We to the 7/11 and grab all the snacks we desire. I pay for it before he can even get out of his money. "Ha, beat you to it." I say.

"You are so mean, you are deffently sleeping in the car now." He says.

"I will not." I say shoving him. I grab the bags and we walk back to my car.

He grabs some from he and opens my door. "My lady." I smile and take a seat. He gets in the drivers seat and drive away.

"Thanks for driving, I don't like it very much." I say.

"No problem, thanks for coming with me." He says, taking my hand with his right and stirring the car with the left.

"Just tell me when you get tired and I will take over." I tell him, turning on the radio.

"Okay." He tells me, but I can tell that he will not let me know. I will have to just make him get out. I crank the radio up and sing along to Katy Perry.

"Like thrunder, gonna shake the ground. You help me down, but I got up." I sing loudly.

"This is going to be a fun ride." He laugh, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it.

"What can I say? I am a lot of fun." I say.

"Oh, I know." He says. I put my feet on the dash board and lay on his arms.

"Plus, I am just adorable." I say, giving a sweet smile.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 am
thelostone says...

Logan

The sun quickly set and we decided we should pull over for the night. We didn't make it out of Illinois yet but I'm determined to make good distance tomorrow.

We pulled up to a hotel and Zoey checked us in while I took two pairs of sweatpants and two shirts from my bag.

"Room 217." Zoey said and handed me the key. We went into our room and I tossed her one of my shirts.

"Here. If you want something different, I'll get something from your bag."

She stepped into the bathroom and changed. "No. It smells like you." She stepped out in my blue t-shirt. It cut off in the middle of her thigh and her hair was up in a bun, dark strands falling out. She looked gorgeous.

I got up and crossed over to her. "You look so much better in it." I murmured and kissed her. I scooped her up and threw her lightly on the bed.

I crawled next to her and kissed her again before closing my eyes.

Zoey's whimpering woke me up early. I rolled over and she was crying in her sleep.

"Zoey?" I whispered, gently shaking her awake. "Baby, wake up."

Her eyes burst open and she sat up panting. She covered her face with her hands before lying back down under my arm.

"I- I had a bad dream." She sniffed.

"I could tell." I kissed her forehead. "Do you want to tell me what it was about?"

"Water. Lots of water. I was drowning, we were drowning. There was nothing we could do. I couldn't breathe." She said.

I pulled her close against me and played with her hair. "Shh. It's okay, I'm here. Just go back to sleep, Zo."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:17 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"Thank goodness you are here." I say. I lay on his chest and he wraps his arms around me. I sigh and close my eyes. He kisses the top on my head and rubs my shoulder.

"Goodnight, Zo." He whispers.

"Night, babe." I whisper back. I kiss his cheek and then curl up to him again. I think about where I would have been if he left and I stayed. How much I would miss him, it would not feel right. He falls asleep and I smile. I fall asleep soon after, very content wrapped in his arms.
--
I wake up to light flooding into the window. I sigh and cover my eyes. "Come on baby, wake up." Logan says to me. He get on his knees and stokes the side of my face. "We have a long day."

I nod and sit up. I rub my eyes.

"I will go grab some breakfast and you can take a shower." He says.

I smile and nod. He walks out and I get up and run the water. I take a quick shower and jump out. I let my wavy hair dry and fall naturally. I put a little make up on. I put some short shorts on, because it is realy hot today, and a lace black top. I walk out of the bathroom and pack everything from our night here.

Logan comes back in with coffee and a bagel. "Yum." I drink the coffee and we walk out the door. "Cali here we come."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:03 am
thelostone says...

Logan

We got in the car and I cranked up the radio. Taio Cruz blasted through the car.

"I GOTTA HANGOVER OH WOAH OH!" I screamed along to song. "I'VE BEEN DRINKING TOO MUCH FOR SURE!"

"You better not have a hangover." Zoey teased and put her legs up on the dash board.

I rolled my eyes and changed the channel. "You roll the windows down when it's starting to rain, yeah everybody else might think you're insane but NO ONE SEES YA LIKE I DO!"

"What song is this?" Zoey laughed at my terrible singing.

"What?" I gasped. "You've never heard this?"

She shook her head.

"It's Someone Like You by The Summer Set. It fits you perfectly." I winked.

"Oh yeah?" She asked. "Why's that?"

"Just wait, I'll sing it to you." I grinned. "You know you love it when I serenade you. "MYY GIRL! I'D CROSS THE WHOLE WORLD FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU WOAH OH NO MATTER WHERE I GO, OH OH MY UNPREDICTABLE GIRL!"

Zoey threw her head back and laughed as I continued singing.

"YOU'RE IMPOSSIBLE GIRL, YOU KNOW THAT IT'S TRUE!"

"Okay, maybe it does fit." She smiled. "Just a little."

I reach over and squeezed her hand. "I'm not done, sweet cheeks." I popped in a CD I packed and clicked to the right song. "FUNNY, CUTE, AND KISSABLE. I FOUND A GIRL THAT MAKES ME LOSE CONTROL, EVERY NIGHT'S LIKE THE FIRST NIGHT, NEVER GETTING OLD!" I took one hand off the wheel and held it to my mouth like a microphone. "GRIL, JUST HIT ME WITH YOUR PUNCH DRUNK LOVE!"

Zoey clapped and howled. "Bravo, bravo! Encore!"

"Okat, if the lady insists!" I clicked the skip button to the next song. "P.S. I'm gonna sing you this whole CD whether you like it or not." I winked and the song played. "I WANT A LOVE LIKE THIS WON'T YOU SHOW ME A LOVE LIKE THAT WOAH OH OH! THEY SAY THAT LOVE'S A BITCH, READ MY LIPS! I'VE WAITED ALL MY LIFE FOR A LOVE LIKE THIS!"

I click the skip button again and smile. "One last song, then you can pick them."

"I don't know." She sighed. "I kinda like it when you sing."

"I KNEW IT!" I fist pumped the air then played the last song. "I'VE BEEN ADDICTED TO THIS STORY OF A GIRL WHO CAN HELP THIS BOY MEET WORLD!" I turned onto the highway and cranked up the music. "AND I'M WASTED ON YOU GIRL, AND I'VE NEVER BEEN SO SURE!"

The song came to an end and Zoey reached to change the channel but I reached for it first. "Wait! Just one more! I promise this will be the last!"

She rolled her eyes but smiled and let me sing to one last song.

"WOULD YOU LOVE ME IF I WAS CRAZY, GIRL I'M GOING CRAZY FOR YOU!" I kissed Zoey's hand. "LET'S WASTE AWAY TOGETHER WE CAN STAY THIS WAY FOREVER! BECAUSE WE'RE NEVER GONNA BE AS YOUNG AS WE ARE TONIGHT! WE'LL LET THE WORLD KNOW WE'RE ALIVE!" The song hit the bridge and if it was possible, I screamed this part even louder. "IF I'M ROMEO AND YOU'RE JULIET, AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING I'LL LOVE YOU TO DEATH! I SWEAR I'LL DO ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT ME TO! THEY TELL ME I'M CRAZY FOR FALLING FOR YOU!"

Zoey applauded me one last time and we erupted into a fit of laughter. I looked over at her and the sunlight hit her face, making her hair look darker and her face brighter. Her eyes were turned up with her laughter and I swear she's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I see him look at me and I blush. "What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, you are just beautiful." he says, kissing my hand.

I blush even harder and bite my lip. "Sure." I mummble under my breath.

"What was that?" He asks. I smile and just shake my head. "What, you think I am lying?"

I shrug. "Maybe." I say.

"How can you even say that? You are so beautiful, I can hardly keep my eyes off you to drive." He laughs.

"Well don't kill us!" I say. He just laughs and sighs. "Thanks by the way, your not so bad yourself." I lay on his arm and smile. "By that I mean, I don't want to look away from you either."
--
We are finally in Cali and I scream. "Oh, my gosh I am so excited." I say. We pull into a hotel that I booked before we got here. We just grab out bags and get our room key. "Third floor." I tell him. He helps me out with my bags and I get all the little things.

We unpack the things, knowing that we will be here for a while. "Let's go some where." He say, crossing over and putting his hands on my hips. "Just relax before we start the hard stuff."

"Where do you want to go babe?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"The beach is like five minutes away." He says.

I bite my lip and nod. You can go to the beach without getting into the water right? I have a bikini because I tan, but I have never been swimming. Water is not my friend after what happened with my parents. I get it and go into the bathroom to change. I tie the white bikini in the back and put on a short dress over it. Pulling my hair up into a pony tail,I walk out into the room and slip my flipflops on.

"Ready." he asks, coming out of the closet.

I nod and he takes my hand. We drive to the beach and we got there a little too quickly. I bite my lip and get out of the car. We grab the towel and pick a spot on the warm sand. It really is beautiful, but it is making me sick.

He takes off his shirt and I smile. He slips his sandles and waits for me. I sigh and take of my dress and slip off my flip flops. He just looks at me and smiles. "Are you checking me out?" I ask, laughing.

"Of course." He say, taking my hand. "Come on." He scoops my up and runs.

"No, please stop." I say, clinging tightly to him. "Please stop."
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:48 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"Stop!" Zoey screamed and I realized something was wrong.

I set her down in the sand and put my hand on her cheek. "Babe, what's wrong?"

She took in a deep breath and eyed the water. "Nothing."

"Don't lie to me." I said. "Now, tell me what's wrong? Do you want to go back to the hotel?"

She shook her head. "No, it's just- I don't know. It's stupid. Just forget it." She turned and walked back to the car.

I picked my shirt off the sand and followed her back to the car.

"Zoey.." I drifted off, sitting in the drivers seat. Her knees were pulled up to her chest and her face was buried between her knees. "Zo, you're scaring me."

"I-I can't go in the water, Logan." She said weakly. "I'm scared. Water killed my parents. I can't do it."

She kept her face hidden and I rubbed her back. "People kill people too. Are you scared of people?"

She didn't respond.

"You don't have to go in. We can go back to the hotel." I begin to pull out the keys but she stops me.

"I'm gonna do it." She wiped her tears and marched out of the car. Damn, I love her.

"Zo!" I called after her. "Come on! We can do this some other time."

She kept walking down to the beach and so I got out and jogged down to meet her. I entwined our fingers and squeezed her hand.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I murmured into her ear.

She gulped and nodded. We took baby steps and soon we were up to our calves in the waves.

"You're doing such a good job, Zo." I whispered. She squeezed my hand back and we walked further into the water. It was up to our waists and I could tell she was frantic. Her breathing began to pick up and she was shaking. I pulled her close and kissed her. Her shoulders relaxed and she melted into me. "You're so brave." I murmured. "But I think that's enough for today." I scooped her up again and carried her back to the car. I wrapped her in a towel before setting her in the passenger seat. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Logan." She smiled and took a couple more deep breaths.

"Have I ever told you how sexy you look when you're determined?" I smirked and drove us back to the hotel.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:23 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I bite my lip and smile. "I know, I am pretty cute." I say. "Your sexy all the time." I wink and we both laugh. "I am not very good at flirting. It's just weird."

"I think it's cute." He says, taking my hand.

"Well thanks." I say. We drive back to the hotel and get out of the car.

"You can shower first." He says, taking my hand as we get on the elevator.

"Aw how sweet." I say, wrapping my arms around him. "I am really glad that I came with you."

"I am glad you came too." Logan kisses me as the doors open.

We step off and walk to the room. I go straight into the shower and get all the sand off.

I get out and put on some comfortable clothes and go back into the room. Logan was sitting on the bed and I plop beside him.

"Hello." I say.

He laughs and pulls me onto him and I giggle. I kiss him and wrap my arms around him. He tickles my sides and I laugh.

"Stop, no. Please." I cannot stop laughing and he does not stop. "LOGAN!" I scream, curling into a ball.

"I did not know you were ticklish. " He laughs.

"Now, you know and will forever hold it against me." I say, getting under the covers.
"You got that right." He says.

"Thank you for being there for me today and helping me with my fear. It really does mean a lot that you helped me." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:52 am
thelostone says...

Logan

Once we were up and moving the next day, we drove to 1632 Pleasant View Dr, where hopefully we would find Lena Goodwin and my mom.

We pulled up to the vineyard and it was stunning. The entire property took my breath away. It was so much better than Illinois, I see why Mom came here.

I took a deep breath and held Zoey's hand as we made our way up to the house.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yeah." I lied. Why did I even come here? She left. She obviously doesn't want me in her life so why should I want her in mine? We should just leave. I opened my mouth to say we should go when a woman opens the door.

She was slightly older than my dad, dark brown hair that was now mostly gray. Her eyes were tired and worn but she smiled and it made her look young.

"Hello, can I help you?" She asked.

I cleared my throat. "Uh, yeah. Are you Lena Goodwin?"

She nodded so I continued. "We're looking for my mom. I think she might've came here. Her name is Katherine O'Hara."

"Oh." She pursed her lips then opened the door wider. "Well, I suppose you should come in then."

We followed her into the big open house and she sat down in the living room. Zoey and I sat on the leather couch opposite of her.

"So, is she here?" Zoey asked. "We were kinda hoping we could talk to her and maybe-"

"Yes. She's here." Lena said.

My heart began to race and I started fidgeting.

"Katherine!" Lena called up the stairs. "You have visitors."

I held my breath as a lady emerged on the top of the stair case. She had the same color hair as I did but her eyes were blue. She has more wrinkles than I remember. Her face isn't as lively as it was before, but either way she is still my "Mom." I whispered.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I look at her and for some reason, my stomach turns. I bite my lip and the room becomes very weird. I squeeze his hand and kiss his cheek. "I will leave you guys alone for a moment." I say, I get up and begin to walk to the back yard. It is a beautiful view. Before I walk out, I hear something.

"Who's that?" His mom asks.

"That's Zoey, my girlfriend." He tells her.

"Oh, she's pretty." His mom tells Logan.

"I know, I am lucky." he says. I smile and walk to the back yard. I sit there on a bench and look at the leaves on the ground. I smile and let my mind take over. The leaves dance in the air and twirl. They look beautiful. I run to the center of the yard and let the leaves rain down.

All of a sudden I feel a hard impact on my back and I fall to the ground. Someone ties my arms behind my back and a gag is in my mouth. I try to scream, but nothing comes out. The person pulls me up by my hair. I cry out, but you cannot even here it. I see his mom pushing my into the vinyard. I try really had to break free my my powers are not working on the ropes.

She pushes me down in the middle and I fall to the ground. I picture my phone in my back pocket and send a message to Logan to help me.

"How did you get these powers?" His mother spits.

"I don't know." I cry. She slaps me hard and I grunt. "I was born with them."

"Who are your parent?" puts her foot into my rib cage and I scream.

"They are dead." I say. She kicks me in the head and I start to black out. The last think I hear is my name beinging called, then I am gone.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:34 am
thelostone says...

Logan

Zoey leaves and my mom turns towards me. Something about her is off. She's holding something back, I can tell.

She asked me about Zoey and I ease up a little.

We sit in silence for a little bit before she talks again. "Logan, why did you come here?"

I knew she didn't want me. "Dad died." I said trying to hide the hurt in my voice. "I thought that-well I don't know-"

Mom turns to Lena cutting me off. "Lena why don't you go check on Logan's friend. We'll be done talking soon then I'll join you outside."

Lena nodded then went outside.

"Logan you should go back to Illinois." She sighed. "There's a reason I left you." She put her hand on my cheek. "I hope you'll forgive me."

"I do, Mom." I nodded. "Dad was an ass but it's okay now. You can come home and-"

"Baby, I didn't leave because Dad was an ass. We disagreed about many things and the main thing was keeping you safe." She pursed her lips thinking about what to say next. "Logan, I'm part of a service dedicated to purifying society."

Fear shoots up my spine and something inside me is screaming at me to find Zoey and run.

"Purifying society?" I asked confused. "What does that mean?"

"We feel as if it would be safer for everyone involved if everyone had a leveled playing field. Would it be fair if a sports team had a super player and others didn't? Would it be fair if someone could get what they wanted without having to do a thing? Honey, we're thinking about the greater good here." She smiled but it was a weird warped smile.

"These people.." I started. "Do you mean people like me?"

"I've been able to keep you safe in Illinois by leaving but now you're here and we have a job to do." She started to stand up. "Forgive me, Logan."

I stood up to stop her from going to find Zoey but a rag was placed over my mouth. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Lena Goodwins face.

When I woke up I was in a small dark room. My head pounded from the drugs and I tried to stand up. There was only one tiny barred window in the room which lit up the room enough for me to notice Zoey lying on the ground next to me.

By the looks of it she was still out from the drugs. I scooped her up and stroked her face until she began to wake up.

"L-Logan." She whimpered on the verge of crying. "Y-your mom-"

"Shhh.. I know, baby." I held her tight as her terrified sobs soaked through my shirt. "You're gonna be okay, I promise. We're gonna get out of here. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you, alright?"

"I'm s-so scared." She choked out.

"It's alright to be scared." I whispered as she trembled in my arms. "But when the time comes I need you to look past that fear and be brave okay? I want you to fight as hard as you can. I'm going to get you safe. If it comes down to it I want you to leave without me."

"I-I'm not leaving y-you." She said.

"If you have a chance you need to take it and leave. I-"

The sound of the door creaked open and Lena came in dressed in a white hazard suit. She ripped Zoey from my arms and carried her out the door. All I heard before the door slammed was her mangled cries and my heart fell to the floor because I knew there was no way we were both getting out of this.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
She throws me down on the cold bed and I hold my face. I cannot lose Logan. I can't, I won't. I will fight as hard as I can to get him out. I try to calm my body down so I can think about this. The drugs these people gave me are to stop the use of my power so they can take it away later. That means it will wear off.

The woman began to get out these tools to 'fix' me and I try to get out of the ropes. "It is not worth fighting it." She told me.

"I will fight as hard as possible to get out of here." I tell her. I need to be strong, I will. There was a mirror in the room and behind me I see a knife. I stare at it and will all my might I try to move it to my hand. My head pounds in my skull and I feel like I am going to be sick. Please, this has to work. I have to save Logan.

I pull the knife to me with my mind and some how, it works. I hold it and cut the ropes with the knife. The knife cuts my skin, but I do not show any pain. I do it for him, the need to be with him. When the woman comes over, I stab the knife into her leg and push her onto the floor. I tie her up with the ropes with just a thought. I run out the door and climb off the roof.

I feel light headed, but I push past the feeling and climb. I look at the pool beside us and bite my lip. I do not let the fear stop me from saving him. The window on the roof, let's me see Logan and his mom. As soon as she comes to him, I slam a hole in the roof and push her against the wall with my mind. "How is this possible?" She demands.

"I guess I had something to fight for." I say. My voice shaking. I untie the ropes with my mind around Logan and set him free, still on the roof. All of a sudden I am pushed into the water and I begin to sink. I try to kick my legs to the top, but I cannot. I don't have any strength left in me. Somehow I am content with that, knowing that Logan would be okay. I finally found someone that was worth it. Just as I thought it was over, I feel someone pulling me to the top.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:57 am
thelostone says...

Logan

"ZOEY!" I screamed as she fell into the pool.

Mom grabbed my wrist before I could move. "Logan, baby, it's for the best. The medicine has side effects. It's better this way. She would've died anyways."

"DON'T EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN." I screeched and whipped my arm out of her grasp. I noticed the floor around us was wet from when Zoey landed in the pool. I held out my palm and the water swirled around my mom then froze. She fell over and writhed on the ground, trying to escape.

I quickly thrust my arm into the pool and grabbed Zoey's arm. With a huge tug, I yanked her out of the water. She collapsed on the cement and I dropped to my knees. I pushed her hair out of the way and bent over to see if she was breathing, but she wasn't.

I held my hand over her chest to try and move the water out of her lungs but Mom yelled at me.

"It's not worth it, Logan." She called from the ground. "You're going to die anyways, don't save her. You'll only hurt her more."

I didn't listen to her and forced the water out of Zoey's lungs. She flipped over and began coughing onto the floor. I took a deep breath and then walked over to my mom. I bent over and whispered, "What do you mean I'm going to die?"

"Lena- I told her not to use it on you but she didn't listen. I was trying to save you, Logan." She hissed.

"Don't bullshit me." I growled and noticed the skin where the water was frozen was beginning to swell and form small crystals. Frostbite. "Where's Lena?"

"Back inside." She groaned. "Your friend wounded her."

I ran back over to Zoey and helped her get onto her feet. "Come on, babe. We're leaving." She was shivering so badly it scared me but I didn't have time to do anything.

The medicine has side effects

You're going to die

I tucked her into the car and pecked her forehead. "I'll be right back." I mumbled then closed the car door before she could protest. I ran back inside and found Lena in a small pool of blood. A knife was sticking out of her leg. I pulled it out and she hissed in pain.

"Did you give Zoey that medicine?" I seethed and held the knife over a different part of her leg. "Answer me or I'll put this back where I found it."

She didn't say anything, her face contorted in agony.

"I SAID ANSWER ME!" I plunged the knife into her leg. She cried out and tears formed in her eyes.

"I put it in the rag." She murmured.

"What rag?" I said through gritted teeth.

"The one I used on you." She said with a smile.

Kill her. Take the knife and drive it through her heart.

I shook the small voice out of my head. Lena saw me and grinned. "You're feeling it already, aren't you? The side effects. You'll get these violent urges, hot and cold flashes, vomiting, soon the medicine will win and you won't even remember who you are. You'll hurt anyone within a mile radius and you'll forget everyone you've ever loved."

I pushed the knife further into her leg. "You're lying."

"You can't deny the facts. I'd say you have a week tops. You'll become a bloody machine then the medicine will eat you from the inside out." Lena blinked innocently. "But it's for the greater good."

"Did you give Zoey the medicine?" I asked.

She nodded. My heart began to pound and I knew if I didn't hurry up she would come look for me.

"There's got to be an antidote." I stood up and started frantically searching the room. "WHERE IS IT?"

Lena didn't respond so I took the bloodied knife and held it against her neck. "I'm going to ask you one last time. We both know you have one, now, where is the cure?" I pressed the knife harder into her neck. She whimpered and little beads of blood began to appear.

"The drawer." She nodded towards the desk. "There's only enough for one of you so don't think you'll both be saved."

I rummaged through the drawer and found a small vial of clear liquid.

"This better be the fucking cure or I swear to god I will come back and kill you." I growled before tucking it into my pocket.

I ran back to the car and tried to hide my emotions. I threw the car into gear and sped away to the hotel.

"What did you need?" Zoey smiled at me, still wrapped in the blanket.

"Just my phone." I lied. "Are you feeling okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Just a little shaken up, that's all." She started shivering and she pulled the blanket tighter against her. "And a little cold."

I squeezed her hand and pulled into the hotel. "You were so brave, Zo." I whispered as I tucked her into the bed. "I love you so much."

"I love you more." She murmured. I leaned over and kissed her. She's not going to die. I won't let it.

She kicked her legs out from under the covers and looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's probably nothing. I was just cold a few seconds ago and now I'm really hot." She panted.

Hot and cold flashes. The side effects.

"I'll get you some water." I went into the bathroom and filled the Styrofoam cup with water from the sink then grabbed the vial out of my pocket. I poured it into the water and took it out to Zoey. "Here."

She kissed my cheek and drank the water.

A small wave of relief washed over me when I saw that she drank the whole thing. She's safe now. She tossed the cup aside and wrapped her arms around my neck. She kissed me hard and I kissed her back harder. I held her waist tight against me and kissed her neck.

She's safe. She'll be fine. I kept repeating that in my head but another little voice retaliated. Yeah, but you're not.

I pulled away from Zoey, trying to catch my breath and she looked up puzzled.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Mhmm." I lied again. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, actually. I feel fine now." She rested her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.

She's okay. She'll be fine. She's safe.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

I needed his touch to feel safe again. I don't know if I could ever feel safe without being with him. His arms were tight around my waist as I laid there. I do not think he even knows how much of me he has. He has it all. In the short time we have been together, I have never been through so much. I am so lucky to have him there to protect me.

I snuggle into his chest and let myself fall into a peaceful sleep, but I woke up to Logan shivering. It was not just being cold, it was horrible shaking. I twist around to face him and put my hand on his cheek. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, just a little cold." He says.

"Logan, stop." I demand. "You have been lying to me since we got out of there. I don't like it at all." I tell him, sitting on my knees. "Tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing." He says.

"Stop! Now I know you are stubborn, but I can be worse. I have a lot of things to give but I swear if you do not tell me what's wrong, you will not get them." I say.

"Fine. The medicen they gave us, it kills late one. There was one antidote and I gave it to you." He says, coughing.

I bite my lip, not knowing what to do. I feel love, anger, sadness, pain. I grunt and walk out the door and he comes after me. "Where are you going?" He asks.

"I am going to save you." I say. I have to help him and that means seeing they women that tried to kill me.

"Zoey, no." He says.

"I am going weither you like it or not. So you can go with me, or leave me alone. I know you are never going to do that so hurry up." I tell him. I get into the drives seat and speed down the road.

I get there and walk in with out him. I bust the door open with my mind. I see them sitting together. I slam them again the wall with my mind and they are unable to move. "Now you better talk, beacase I am a lot more scary than Logan when I am mad." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I got in the car with Zoey and she marched back into the vineyard. My shivering stopped and my shoulders relaxed a little. I walked into the house and found Zoey standing in front of Mom and Lena.

"Darling, I've told you I have a job to do." Mom rose up from sitting on the couch. "You keep coming back here so it's not my fault if you get hurt."

I stood next to Zoey and kept my glare on Lena. She had a large bandage wrapped around her leg and she didn't show any signs of wanting to move.

My body temperature spiked and suddenly I was burning up. I tried to keep my panting under control but Zoey still kept looking over at me with concern.

"Don't move." Zoey seethed and forced my mom back onto the couch. "How do I fix him?"

"Oh, isn't that adorable." Mom cooed. Every word that dripped out of her mouth managed to piss me off. "But sweet baby girl, he took the only antidote we had. There is no fixing him, and quite frankly, you shouldn't have come back here. We can always give you more medicine but we can't give you more antidote, foolish girl. What do you think?"

My lips curled up and I bared my teeth. A low growl escaped my mouth and even I was shocked by it. I blinked multiple times then shook it away.

"There's got to be another way." Zoey panicked.

Hurt her. Take that knife and hold it against her throat. You know what to do, you've done it before.

I eyed the knife crusted over with blood from yesterday that was lying on the floor by Zoey's feet. Automatically, I picked it up. Zoey looked down at me and frowned but she kept her hand out, holding my mom to the couch.

Slice her wrists each time she won't talk. Don't stop until her arm is drenched in blood.

I walk over to Mom and hold the knife to her restrained arm.

"Logan, what are you doing?" Zoey asked. "This doesn't have to be like that."

My anger was boiling over. Everything seemed to make it worse. I started to pant again not because I was hot but because I was holding in so much rage.

"FIX ME!" I screamed and stabbed the knife into Mom's wrist then pulling it downward to make a nice long line. At this point she's no longer my mom. Just some bitch who needs to get punished.

She winced in pain but then smiled. "You're too far gone." She looked up at Zoey and said louder, "Don't you see, sweet girl? He's not even Logan anymore."

She's right, you're not.

"Just kill her." I said, disgusted.

"But we haven't found out anything yet." Zoey protested.

"You're not going to." Lena, who was sitting quietly enjoying this scene, grinned.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled.

Kill the bitch.

I threw the blade with as much force as I could and smiled when it buried itself deep into her chest. Red slowly seeped into her clothes and she let out a small gasp before her eyes glassed over. She was dead. I had killed her. I killed her. Each time I repeated this, I felt more powerful, more delighted with what I had done.

A small childish giggle came from my lips. "I killed her!" I sang. I felt Zoey's eyes on me and when I saw the horror etched across her face more rage built up inside me. Before I could act on it my stomach churned and everything I've ever eaten came up on the floor next to me. I hunched over and continued heaving. Streaks of red tainted my vomit.

I threw my head back and closed my eyes.

Leave me alone. Get out of my head.

Logan, don't you see I'm helping you? This medicine made you stronger. I made you stronger.

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I erupted and suddenly turned towards my mom. "Tell me how to get better."

"There's no way." She said.

I pulled the knife from Lena's chest and slashed it across Mom's arms again.

"Logan!" Zoey cried. "Stop, please! We'll fix this!"

"When are you going to get it through your thick head that she's not going to tell us anything?" I screeched and put my hands on the sides of Mom's head. "We're better off alone."

Do it. Kill her too. Put your hands down. Let's make her suffer.

I held my palms out and the water from the kitchen sink came rushing in. I stepped back from my mom and forced the water up her nose and into her lungs. Strangled gurgling noises came from her and I smiled watching the water fill up her lungs and her eyes slowly roll back into her head.

"LOGAN!" Zoey screamed and ran over. The force keeping Mom to the couch was gone but it didn't matter. She was dead.

Zoey put her hands on my cheeks and something inside me sparked. The anger washed away and the water fell back to the floor. My breathing became heavy and I turned to her.

"I'm a monster." I whispered.

"We're going to find a cure, Logan." She forced a smile on her face. "You were right, they weren't going to talk and we were wasting our time. Come on, let's search the house."

She's lying to you. She thinks you're insane. Why would she ever want you back? How could she love a monster like you?

Zoey left to look and I fell to the ground sobbing.

She must've heard me because after a couple of minutes she ran back.

"Logan, Logan- baby, what's wrong?" She asked.

"You're scared of me." I meant it as a question but it came out like a statement.

She swallowed then shoved a book in my hands. "Look what I found. It's a list of all the people like us here in the U.S." She flipped to a certain page and pointed to the name 'Benjamin Pratt'. "Look, he's a healer. He's rated a 9. That's got to mean something! He's only a couple hours south of here. He could help us." She stroked my cheek with her thumb. "He could cure you."

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:34 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"You are scared of me Zoey, it's not worth it." Logan sobs.

I hate having to say this, but I don't know how to get my point across. "Logan, shut up. I am not scared of you. I am not very happy that this happened, but it is not your fault. So quit sobbing and let's go." I say. We go to the car and I put the address into my GPS. I speed there. Logan kept asking me to change the heat to air and the other way around. I did nto object because I knew he was sick.

We get there and I get out. I take Logan's hand and walk to the front door, knocking on it. A man, only a few years older than me opens the door. "How did you get here?" He asks.

"I drove." I answers.

"You have powers." He say, turing and walking into his house.

"I don't know what your talking about." I say, trying to hide my lie.

"You would not have been able to find this house if you did not have an ability." A girl says, walking in here.

"She put a spell on the place to hide it from the normal people." The man says.
"Fine, we do." I say. "We need someone's help. Are you Benj-" I am about to finish, but he nods.

"Call me Ben, this is Heather my sister." He says.

"We need your help." I say.

"Let me take a wild guess, you had a run in with the bad guys and he is infected with the medicine." He says.

"How did you know that?" Logan asks.

"I am a healer, I can see sickness from a mile away. I am guessing you want me to fix him." Ben tells me.

"Yes, please." I beg. He lays Logan down on the bed and places his finger tips on Logan's forehead. "What did the 9 next to your name mean?" I ask.

"How powerful I was with the medicen in my system." Ben said.

"This girls a 10, Ben. She was at total power." Heather said. I look at her and question her. "I have a lot of different powers, but they are weak. I know a lot of stuff and I control force fields." She explains. "Ben, she was a ten."

"In many different ways." Ben winks. Logan was about to spring up, but I push him down with my mind.

"That guy you are healing is my boyfriend. If you don't want to die, you should not flirt." I say.
-Winnie the Pooh

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World