z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 4
Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 am
thelostone says...

Logan

She leans in to kiss me and I pulled her tighter against me.

"Dammit." I whispered.

"What?" She asked concerned.

"I haven't taken you out on a proper date yet." I looked at her and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I don't care." She said. "This seems like a date to me. As long as we're together, right?"

I shake my head and get up. "Come on, Zo." I helped her up and began to climb down the ladder.

"What are you doing?" She asked, following me down the ladder.

When we reached the bottom I took her hand and got on my knee. "Would you please do me the honor of going out on a date with me tonight?"

"Logan," She laughed skeptically. "It's already four."

"Great." I winked. "I'll pick you up at eight." I gave her a quick kiss then ran towards my car.

"Logan!" She cried, laughing harder.

"Don't wear anything too dressy!" I called back. "We don't want it to get dirty!"

I grinned to myself and drove home. Dad was still out so I made myself a quick dinner with whatever we had in the pantry which was a couple pieces of bread and peanut butter. I ate then drove out to Henley Park to set up for our date.

When I got back it was seven so I changed into jeans and a button down shirt. I ran out the door and sped over to Zoey's house.

When she answered the door she was wearing a light pink skirt with a jacket.

She smiled with excitement as I drove us to the park.

"Where are we going?" She asked nervously.

"It's a surprise." I grinned.

I made her close her eyes when we were almost there and then helped her out of the car and to the top of the hill.

"Okay open." I said and watched her face as she saw the candlelight picnic I made for us.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I smile and hug him. "It's perfect." I say. He takes my hand and leads me over to the blanket. I sit down and smile at him. "You did not have to go through all this trouble."

"I wanted to." He says, rubing the top of my hand with his thumb.

I laugh and kiss him quickly. "Then I will not object."

He pulls out the food and I smile. "Yum." I say. I open up the container and find some pasta. I grab a fork and dig in.

We just talk ,for what seems like hours, about nothing at all. The most random things pop out of both out mouths. He makes me laugh so hand my stomach hurt. I lay down on the blanket and turn to face him. "I almost forgot the best part." He says, digging through the basket.

"And what might that be?" I ask, playfully.

"Chocolate covered strawberries." He says, handing them to me.

"How did you know that they are my favorite?" I ask, smiling.

"I am just good like that." He says. I take one out and eat it and he does the same.

"Perfect." I say.
--
We lay back on the blanket and look up at the stars. He pulls me closer to him and I lay my head on his chest. Everything is perfect. From the night bugs to the smell of the candles burning in the night.

"Thanks for doing this." I say.

"It was my pleasure." He smiles. "You deserve a proper date."

"You know I have never been on a good date before." I tell him.

"Ever?" He ask.

"Not until tonight. It's more that anything I could ever picture. It's just like all the movies, but better." I tell him.
"Well I am glad that I am the guy that brought you on your first, good, date." He tells me.

"I am too." I tell him, cuddling into him.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:42 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I covered us with blankets and we lied down beneath the stars. Zoey set her head on my shoulder and wrapped her arms around my waist and quickly fell asleep.

I played with her hair and listened to the soft noises she made in her sleep. After a while I decided I should probably take her home since it was getting late.

"Zoey?" I whispered and kissed her forehead. "Wake up, silly. Come on, we have to go."

She stirred a little but didn't respond.

"Zoey," I laughed lightly. "It's getting late. I'm going to take you home."

"I don't wanna." She mumbled and held on to me tighter.

"Come on, sleepy girl." I laughed again and scooped her up. I carried her to the car and gently set her down in her seat. "I'll be right back." I grabbed the blankets and all the other things and threw them in the back of my truck.

"Ready to go?" I asked Zoey who was inches from drifting back to sleep.

"No." She murmured. "I want to stay like this forever." She grabbed my arm and used it as a pillow.

"Good night." I chuckled.

When I pulled up to her house I walked her up to the front door and kissed her.

"Thank you, Logan." She smiled. "For everything."

"You're welcome, love." I kissed her one last time before leaving. "Call me tomorrow, okay?" I said on my way out. She nodded and closed the door. I got in my truck and drove home thinking about everything I could've done better.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I wake up expecting to see Logan, for some reason, but sadly see he is not there. I get out of bed and jump into the shower. The warm water beats down on my skin and I cannot get the perfect night out of my head. I get out of the shower and dry my skin. I plug in my hair dryer and dry my hair straight, singing loudly as I do.

I put on a purple dress, black tights, boots and a jacket. I walk down stairs and see my family sitting there. When I walk in they fall silent. My brother's eyes go wide when I come in. "White girl can sing." he laughs.

I roll my eyes and stick my tounge out. "Whatever." I say. I walk outside and get out my phone. I dial Logan's number and wair for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

"It's tomorrow so I called you." I say.

"I see that, how are you?" He asks.

"I am fine. How about you?" I ask him.

"Fine. I want to see you, come over?" He asks.

"Gladly, I will be there soon." I say, hanging up the phone.

"Come on in when you get here." he say, before I hang up.
--
I drive to his house and get out of the car. I lock it and skip up to the door. I open and walk in. I gasp and I see he dad yelling at him. He raises he hand to hit him but my mind holds his hand back. "Stop, just stop." I cry.

"The white..." His father begins.

"Yep, the white trash." I say spitting out my word. "Stop treating your son this way. Every chil needs a father and a good one, this is not fair to him."

"Stop, Zo." Logan says.

"No, Logan it's not fair." I say.

"Just stop." He says sternly, his voice getting louder.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:59 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I hung up with Zoey when I heard things breaking downstairs. Dad was having one of his fits again. When he's wasted sometimes he yells at everything, himself even. Mostly about Mom leaving, about how much of a stupid bitch she is and how he hopes she goes to hell and how he's glad she left. I usually try to avoid him during these fits but if I wanted to get out of the house today I was going to have to face him. I shouldn't have invited her over. She doesn't need to see this again. I groaned and stretched then threw on some sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. I carefully made my way down the stairs and saw Dad angrily gripping the counter. His dark eyes were bloodshot again and his hair was greasy from lack of showering. I glanced at the counter and an angry red eviction notice was sitting there. Eviction. Dad didn't pay the bills.

"BITCH!" He screamed and smacked a plate off of the kitchen counter. "Who does she think she is, leaving like that?"

I slowly approached him and tried to lead him towards the couch. He let me get to the living room then turned around and whipped his arm out of my hand.

"Dad, come on." I said tired and tried to take his arm again but he backed away. "Just go to sleep."

"Don't you ever tell me what to do, boy." He growled and looked around for something to throw. When he didn't find anything he just threw his arm at my direction. "This is my house and I will do what I want."

"It's not going to be your house much longer." I said. "Didn't you see the notice? They're going to kick us out unless we can find a way to get three months rent within the next two weeks. So I suggest that you should get off your ass and get a job so we can keep this shithole we call our house."

"I shoulda left first.." He growled under his breath.

"Damn right you should've left first!" I laughed. "I would be better off on my own. I don't need you or Mom. I haven't needed either of you in years!"

"Watch your mouth." He took a step closer to me and suddenly I lost my facade. No matter how much I pretended to not care or pretended not to be scared to talk back, nothing scares me as much as my father.

He raised his hand to hit me and the door swung open. Zoey. She let out a small gasp and held his hand back with her power. "Stop, just stop." She cried.

"The white..." Dad turned towards her.

"Yep, the white trash." She spat. "Stop treating your son this way. Every child needs a father and a good one, this is not fair to him."

"Stop, Zo." I sighed, defeated.

"No, Logan it's not fair." She protested, her voice getting higher.

"Just stop." I glared. She's just going to make things worse. I don't need this to blow up again.

"Listen to 'em, girl." Dad seethed. "You shouldn't be meddling in other people's business."

She looked at me for help but I refused to acknowledge her.

"Logan.." She whimpered. "Do something."

"No." I raged. "Let him leave. LET HIM STORM OUT AND BE THE COWARD HE IS."

Zoey's mind grip faltered and Dad pushed her out of the way as he stomped out.

I gripped my hair threw back my head and screamed in frustration.

"Logan." Zoey's voice came back and she walked towards me. "Why didn't you do anything? Why didn't you help me? We could've- we could've-"

"Could've what, Zoey?" I said icily, all of the anger about my dad and the eviction and everything I've kept bottled up finally coming out on her. "We could've helped him? Do you really think we could've done anything?! You think I haven't tried that already?"

"Yes," She said, her voice softening up. "I think you just avoid it. I think you're scared of what'll happen if he gets help."

"You think I want this?" I shrieked. "That I don't want it to get better?"

"I don't know!" She cried. "If you would just talk to me-"

"I don't have fucking time to sit around and talk about useless shit like feelings." I swore. "I need to find money and I need to find it soon or we won't have a fucking house anymore." I've never been one to swear a lot, it usually made me think I was becoming my Dad, but today it felt good.

"Feelings aren't useless, Logan!" Zoey's voice grew louder.

"Oh, so if I had told you about every fucked up thing in my life, my dad would've decided not to get drunk today? How the hell does that work?" I yelled.

"If you would just let me finish talking!" Zoey shouted. "Jesus Christ, you aren't even listening to me!"

"Fine then." I said coldly. "Talk."

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:29 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I try to fight crying and running out the door. "Feeling are not useless because if you let them out every once in a while, then you would not be the ass you are acting like right now. When you actually confront your horrible feelings, they are easier to deal with. If you keep them bottled us you explode." I say, my voice getting louder. "I can help you Logan, you just have to let me in."

"How the hell would you know what I am going through, what I have been through? You have lived a perfect life, you have never suffered like I have." He screams.

"What the hell? You are not the only one in the fucking world who has problems. You do not know anything about my life because never cared to asks. My mom was a drunk too. My father stayed with her because I needed him to. My mom got into the car drunk with my dad and drove off a dock into the water. I stayed home that night to finish homework, so I was saved. My mother has worse fits than you dad so I know damn well what it is like to be in your place. Don't you for one second say that I have a perfect life because it was a real piece of shit at one point." I yell, tears streaming out of my eyes.

"Well.." He interrupts.

"I'm not done." I say. "If it was not for my family right now that helped me through it, I would not be here. I could not and cannot do it by myself so don't you dare even say that feelings are not important." I cry out. "I'm done now." I look down at the floor, not able to look at him another second. "I cannot even be around you right now. It makes me sick that every time I give a shit about a guy and fall for them, they screw me over. Well congrats, you made it onto the list of people that broke my heart. You should feel special, your right up there with my mom." I storm out of his house and run to my car. I ball my eyes out on the way home.

I park my car and run into my room, locking the door behind me. You would think I would learn by now.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 am
thelostone says...

Logan

As soon as Zoey left I wanted to go after her to apologize for everything, to make things better, but a bigger part of me kept me rooted to the ground. I just stood there waiting for something to hit me. Guilt, hurt, I wasn't even angry anymore. I didn't feel sad, but I felt tears run down my face. I continued to stand there, anchored to the floor until I forced myself to go up stairs. My tears stopped and I climb in bed, my movements more robot like than human. I shut my eyes and let the darkness take me.

Christmas break slowly ended and ever since Zoey and I fought I've stayed in my room, repeating the same cycle each day, still emotionless, still empty. Today school started again and I wondered what would happen when I see her. Would everything come rushing back? Would I break down in the middle of the hallway?

I got up and after much struggle, forced myself to shower. When I finished I changed and drove to school.

My friend Ben ran up to my truck and hugged me.

"Dude, you totally should've seen Hawaii." He gushed. "I wish I could spend every break down there. It was gorgeous, Logan. Oh, and by the way you're a fucking ass." He lightly punched my arm as we walked into school. "They don't eat whale dicks like you said. I asked the waiter and-"

I zoned Ben out when we got to my locker and I saw Zoey and her group of friends at her locker on the other side of the hall. Again, I waited for something to rise up in me but nothing did. I was still as empty as before.

"Logan!" Ben snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Man, you are totally out of it. Oh, how's Zoey Gordon? I heard you two got together. Nice catch, she's fucking hot. The things I would do to that girl-"

"Stop." I said in monotone. "I don't want to talk about it."

He held up his hands in surrender and whistled. "Okay, whatever you say." He pointed to the clock behind me. "Hurry up and get your books. We're going to be late for Trig."

I glanced in my locker and realized the whole time we were standing there I hadn't gotten my books. I blinked twice then grabbed them and robotically made my way to class.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
No fight has ever made me so upset. I thought he was different. The worst part is that over time, I thought that he could love me. This happened again to me. I just can't think about it anymore. Going into school did not make it any better. I am not a quiet person, but today I do not want to talk to anyone.

I see him the hallway and I bite my bottom lip. He looks like he does not even care. I just grunt and keep walking I set my stuff down in my english class. Some how in my class I make the choise not to let the get my down, well atleast I will try hard not too. The bell rings and the student body heads into the gym for a pep rally. It was the last football game so our school decides to get together and just have fun.

I stand with my friends and we just laugh as people are being stupid. The student body president, my brother, comes on and anounces the senior superlatives . He calls off the names of the people. "Now for the best all around." He reads the car and laughs. "Look at that. Me and my sister Zoey." I walk down and hug him and pose for a picture with him. I spot Logan in the crowd of people and I frown. I thought that I could try to be okay with it but I cannot . I just walk out of the gym and run into the hallway.

I have never been this upset over a break up and I am not getting over it. I just wanted him to mean somthing to me, something important. I wish I could have done something to make him not be mad at me. I wish he would just care again. No matter how hard I try to be mad at him, but all I can think about is wishing I was better.

I feel an arm lock around my wrist and I do not have to look to know it Logan. I bite my lip and try to fight back tears. I don't want to get hurt again. I turn to face him , but hide my eyes from him. "Yes?" I ask.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am
thelostone says...

Logan

After Trig class Ben told me about a pep rally after third hour. I decided to skip second hour and go home. I was sick of feeling empty. I needed to feel something. I needed Zoey back.

I got home and Dad wasn't there. Automatically, my feet took me to the kitchen and suddenly I was staring at the liquor cabinet. Dad had restocked it from two weeks ago. Maybe if it made him feel something, it would make me feel something. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and opened the top. I held it to my lips then threw back my head. I had never drank before in my life but I can't do this anymore. I can't be numb anymore. I need to feel something.

The dark amber liquid burned its way down my throat and I tried hard not to gag. I waited, still holding onto the bottle, for something to happen but nothing did. I was still this empty shell. I set it on the counter and went into the basement.

It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for. The piano, my piano, was hidden under a tarp and boxes of Mom's stuff that she didn't take with her. I moved the boxes and took off the tarp. The black piano stared back at me and I carefully lifted the top to reveal the keys. This has got to work. Playing always used to help me. I put my hands over the keys but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to press down. It's like I'm trapped inside myself. There's a part of me that's screaming but I can't do anything about it. My hands began to shake but they still wouldn't play the keys. I need her. I need Zoey.

Before I knew what was happening, I found myself back in my truck on the way to the school. When I got there everyone was in the gym for the pep rally. I scanned the crowd and found Ben a couple rows up the bleachers. I watched as Zoey got up on stage and she looked in my direction. Something inside me fluttered and for a moment I was alive again. I wasn't empty. Her smile faded and she looked away. She left the gym and automatically I followed her.

I quickly caught up to her and grabbed her wrist. She slowly turned to look at me but kept her gaze on the ground.

"Yes?" She whispered and I could tell she was fighting to keep her voice even.

I need to feel again. I need her.

I stooped down to press my lips on hers and everything flooded back to me. It made me want to pull her closer and never let her go, so that's what I did. I yanked her against me and kissed her hard. If this was the last time I was going to kiss her then I was going to make it count.

I pulled away and she stood there shocked. I swallowed and walked away before she could yell at me. As soon as I left I got in my car and drove home. I just sat in my driveway for a moment and took some deep breaths. I wasn't empty anymore but I wasn't happy either. I was completely wrecked and Zoey was the only fix. Tears flooded down my face and I fought to keep myself together. I slammed the truck door behind me and went back downstairs to my piano.

Come on. Do it. Play.

No matter how much I urged myself my hands just wouldn't do it. Furious angry tears streamed down my face. I was mad at Zoey, mad at the whiskey, mad at the piano, mad at everything I had no right to be angry about. I closed the piano and held my head in my hands. My anger faded and I just stayed there, broken at the piano.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
My heart flutters when he kisses me and he pulls me to him. I did not stop him because it felt right and I needed it. He makes me feel good. Then he just leaves and my heart aches. I pull my hand to my lip and smile when I think of the way he just kissed me. My feet carry me out the door and I am running to my car. I can't lose him, ever. I won't let that happen.

I drive to his house and quickly park and go to the door. I knock on the door and wait for him to answer. I don't even car anymore I just walk in. I look around and he is not there. His truck is here, so he has to be here. I see a light on leading to the basement and walk down the stairs.

I see him there, sitting at the piano, crying. I rush over to him and sit down beside him. "Oh, baby please don't cry." I say. I wrap my arms around him and pull closer to him. He calms down and little and he looks at me. I smile at him.

"You cannot just kiss me and then run away." He does not say anything. "I am sorry I yelled at you the other day. I just wanted to help you and I did not really handle that in a good way." I tell him.

"I just care about you so much Logan and I want you to me more than just another guy that breaks my heart." Before he can say anything I lean in an kiss him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 am
thelostone says...

Logan

We sat on the piano bench for a couple minutes and I knew Zoey was worrying since I hadn't said anything.

"I'm so sorry, Zoey." I choked. "I can't even tell you how much you mean to me. When you left, you took a part of me with you." I said softly. "I'm not the same without you, I was empty. There was no point in anything anymore. I couldn't even play, Zoey. That's how bad it was."

"Is that why you're down here?" She asked and put my hand in her lap.

I nodded. "I thought if I could play then maybe that would fix me. Only, it didn't. I couldn't even bring myself to touch the keys. It's killing me, Zoey."

"Baby.." Her face was full of concern. "It's okay, I'm right here. It's over now."

"I drank his whiskey." I said. "Thought it would help." I turned to look at her. "I'm just like my dad aren't I? I screamed at you and I got angry at you when I should've been angry at myself. I used alcohol instead of facing what I did wrong. I'm a coward. Just like Dad."

"Logan, listen to me." She said sternly. "You are not now and have never been a coward. You and your dad are nothing alike."

"I screamed at you." I whispered. "Just like he screamed at my mom."

"You came back, though. There's the difference." Zoey put her hand on my cheek. "You fought for me when you could've just stayed in that gym. Logan, please get this through your head. You are not like your father and that's one of the reasons why I'm falling in love with you. Because you are genuine and strong and stubborn as hell but I couldn't ask for anyone better."

I looked into her eyes and whispered, "You are the best goddamned thing that's ever happened to me." I lifted her chin up and softly kissed her. Unlike the one in the hall, this one was filled with more passion. I kissed her gently and ran my fingers through her hair. "If I ever scream at you again, slap me." I smiled.

"If I ever cuss at you again, kiss me." She grinned back.

"I can do that." I murmured and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Zoey Gordon."

She rested her head on my shoulder and I kept her tight against me. "I love you too." She whispered.

We sat still for a while just enjoying each others presence. After a little bit, Zoey sat up and wiggled her fingers over the piano.

"Can you teach me a song?" She asked, then pressed down on a bunch of different keys.

I plugged my ears and laughed. "As long as you stop murdering my piano." I took my hands off my ears and put them on the keys. "I'll teach you the very first song I learned. Actually, it's more of a tune than a song. My mom taught me it when I was six." I placed three fingers on the small black keys by the edge of the board. “It’s real easy. Watch.” I rolled my fingers on the three black keys then tapped the last one twice. I rolled my fingers back down the three keys and tapped the first one twice. “Try it.”

She smiled at me then put her fingers where mine were.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I get most of it, but then I forget the rest and just stop. "This is not my thing." I say. "Now you play." I say.

"What?" He asks, smiling at me.

"Anything, I just want to hear you play something." I say. I get off the bench and allow him to have it. I go sit in a chair and watch him. He smiles at me and then looks down at the keys and starts playing. I smile once he starts and I truly hear how amazing he is. His hands dance across the keys, everything sounding so perfect. Just hearing the music, I can tell how much this means to him.

I think about how he said he loves me. He really loves me. My heart flutters and I bite my lip. I do not know what I would do without him. He means so much to me.
The song ends and I smile. I clap for him and he rolls his eyes. "You are just amazing." I say.

"You're not so bad your self." He winks.

"Well I'm glad I am a step above horrible." I laugh.

He gets up and walks over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You know I did not mean that."

I bite my lip and nod. "I know."

"Good." He smirks. He tucks a piece of hair behide my ear. He pulls me closer and kisses me. He backs up, trips over a box and we fall to the ground. I land onto of him and we burst out laughing. "Oops." He says.

"Nice." I say. I kiss him again and smile. "Please don't leave me." I whisper. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you again."
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:13 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered back. She blushed and looked down at her hands on my chest.

She opened her mouth to talk but a door slamming upstairs cut her off. Her eyes widened and she gulped. "Your dad's here."

"I have an escape plan." I winked and stood up. I grabbed a couple boxes and put them under the window. It was small and dusty but we could definitely squeeze through. "Come on!" I waved her over.

She grinned and bit her lip. She stepped on the first box and kissed my cheek before opening the window.

The sound of glass breaking came from upstairs and we looked at each other.

"Do you think he's okay?" She whispered.

I shrugged it off. "I'm sure he's fine. He probably just knocked something over."

She nodded slowly then turned back to the window when a louder bang rang through the house.

Fear shoots up my spine and my heart starts to race.

"That wasn't a gunshot was it?" Zoey whimpered.

I grabbed her hand and we raced upstairs.

"Dad?" I yelled. "DAD!" We turned the corner into the living room and there he is.

A perfect little hole was in his forehead and a couple drops of blood dripped from it. His eyes were open and glazed over, the gun still in his hand.

I heard Zoey gasp behind me and my vision became clouded with tears. I shook as I reached out and closed his eyes.

I turned around and held Zoey tight against me as I fought hard to keep my tears away. I'm not going to cry in front of her again. She kept her face in my chest and her tears soaked through my shirt. She was trembling like me and I stroked her hair. I squeezed my eyes shut and reminded myself to breathe. Zoey pulled away and put her hand on my cheek.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I don't know.

"Yeah." I managed to get out.

"What do we do?" She breathed.

That's a good question. "I have to leave." I murmured. "I have to find my mom. She's all I have left. I have to find her."

"What about me?" She asked. "What about school? Logan, be sensible."

"I am being sensible, Zoey, and I'm going to miss you so fucking much." I rubbed her cheek with my thumb. "I have to find her."

"But you don't even know where she could be!" She protested. "Please, just stay here. With me."

"There's gotta be some clue or something in the basement hidden in those boxes. Zo, I have to do this." A tear fell down my face and Zoey wiped it away.

"Then I'm coming too." She sighed.

"No. Stay here, finish school. I'll be okay." I said.

"Logan, I'm going and there's nothing you can do to stop me." She declared.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:06 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"You should stay here." He said.

"No, Logan. I will not just let you leave. You said that you were not going to leave me again. I am coming with you." I tell him. "I am stubborn like you and you will not change my mind." I tell him.

He leans in to kiss me. "I love you." He says.

I smile. "I love you too." I say. "But we are taking my car. Your truck will break down."

"True." He says. "I am going to start looking in the boxes."

"I am going to go pack my things and tell my parents. Wish me luck." I say, walking out the door.

"Good luck." He say.

I run to my car and dart home. My parents were there and smiled at me. "Hello, dear." my mom says.

"Ms. best all around." My dad laughs.

"We need to talk." I told them. We all sit down at the table and I sigh. "Um, Logan's dad just died. He shot himself."

"Oh, dear. Whatever Logan and you need we will help." My mom says.

"Good. He wants to search for his mom and I need to go with him." I say. "I will do school online and I will take care of everything. He cannot do this by himself and I can't be without him."

They look at me blank faced. "That is a pretty big step." He says.

"I know, but you guys support me with everything and I have not failed you yet." I say.

"It is not a matter of if we trust you, because we do. It is him." My mom says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You spent the last few days of break crying your eyes out because of him, are you sure this is the right thing to do?" My mother asks.

"Mom, I love him." I say smiling. "I cannot lose him again."

Tears swell in her eyes. It is amazing the trust that they have in me. "You grow up so fast." She says.

--
My mom helps me pack everything I need. From clothed to my computer charger. There is no way I forgot anything. My dad filled my car with gas and gave me the debit card. I made a lot of money over summer, but they would always help me. I make sure I have the GPS in my car and hug my family good bye. My brother gives me the biggest hug. "You better come back." He says.

"I will." I say. "I promise."

I drive over to his house. My parents said they would call people to take care of Logan's dad and he did. The cars were out front and I went in and found Logan.
He was answering the questions while some men took his dad away. The people leave and I look at Logan. I wrap my arms around him and rub him back, knowing that this is hard. "Did you find anything about you mom?" I ask.
"I did." He says.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 am
thelostone says...

Logan

"Look," I handed Zoey an old book. "It's my mom's. I found it in the boxes downstairs." I watched as Zoey flipped through it.

"She highlighted things." She said softly, running her fingers over the pages.

"Look closer. She only highlighted one word, just multiple times." I pointed.

She looked at the highlighted word then flipped through more pages.

"California." She read. "Do you think that's where she went? California?"

"I think it's a good start." I sighed. "I looked up some of her old friends and one of them, Lena Goodwin, owns a big vineyard up in Napa. I think we should go there. She might be living with her, or at least knows something."

"It's worth a shot." She gave me a small smile. "Whether we find her or not, I'll always be here for you, Logan."

"You're the best." I whispered and nuzzled my nose into the crook of her neck.

She giggled and pushed me lightly off of her. "Come on, silly. You need to pack, we're going to Cali!"

I took her hand and we went upstairs to my room. I pulled all of my clothes out of my drawer. I dug under my bed and found the suitcase I was looking for. I shoved my clothes in there and grinned at Zoey who was sitting on my bed.

"Good." I panted. "Let's hit the road, Jack."

"My name's Zoey." She slipped her hand into mine.

"I know, goofball." I laughed and threw my bag in her car. "We need to stop somewhere and get food. I don't know about you, but I need my snacks on a road trip."

"Okay," She said, hopping in the car. "How long will this take us again?"

"Well, seeing as we're currently in Illinois about a day and a half." I looked over at her from the driver's seat. "Why? Not going to make it?"

"Oh, I'm going to make it alright." She laughed. "We're going to stop though, right. At a hotel?"

"Yeah, but I'm going to sleep in the hotel and you're going to stay in the car." I teased.

"Hey!" She cried and punched my arm.

"Don't hit the driver." I said.

"You're not even driving yet." Zoey pointed out.

"Well the, let's get this show on the road." I yelled and shifted the car into gear. "First stop, 7/11."

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe