z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I take a pen out of my gym bag and grab his hand. I write my name and number on his arm. “Call me some time, maybe we can hang out.” I say.

“Will do.” He says.

“Then we will see if you are the most fun person I have ever met.” I say, smiling. He looks down at his arm I was still holding and I blush. “Sorry.”

“No it’s fine.” he tells me.

I shake my head and grab my stuff. “Bye.” I say.

“Bye.” He says.

I get out of the car and walk into my house. I wave to him before I close the door and he honks the horn. I laugh and close the door. “Hey, Zoey.” My dad calls.

“Hey, daddy.”

“Dinner is on the table.” He says.

“Thanks.” I walk in and sit down. Dad says grace and mom brings us our food.

“Your car is fixed.” My mom says.

I sigh a little. Now Logan cannot give me rides. “Thanks mom.” I say.

I eat and then excuse myself from the table. I run up to my room and I hear my phone my buzz. Hey it's Logan

Well hello there.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:47 am
thelostone says...

Logan

As soon as I got home I pulled out my phone and texted Zoey. I stared at my screen and a couple seconds later she replied.

Hey it feels like we haven't talked in ages!

I smiled and rolled my eyes as I typed back.

To: Zoey
Fifteen minutes can feel like a couple days sometimes :)

There weren't any noises coming from downstairs so Dad was either sleeping or still out. I went downstairs and he was still out. I spotted a half empty liquor bottle on the kitchen counter and suddenly rage built up inside of me. Hot angry tears threatened to boil over so I grabbed the glass bottle and threw it against the wall as hard as I could. It shattered and dripped down the walls. A memory crept up on me and I saw a younger version of me facing the door and the vodka bottle smashed into my back. It broke against my back and the vodka dripped into the gashes in my back making it burn even more. The memory faded and I was now shaking with hurt and anger. I went towards the liquor cabinet, not even realizing my phone buzzed, and took out all the bottles. I hurled them all towards the wall, screaming things I wish I had the guts to say to my dad while doing it. When the bottles were all in a pile of broken glass at the bottom of the wall, the tears were already falling down my face. I furiously wiped them away and took a deep breath. I walked upstairs to his room where I knew he hid some alcohol. If I was going to get rid of them I have to get rid of all of them. His room reeked with a mixture of throw up and alcohol. I ripped open his sock drawer and found the mini bottle hidden in the back. I tore off the lid and poured it down the bathroom sink. I found one bottle of Jack Daniels in his bathroom, three things of Smirnoff in his closet and one case of Miller Lite under his bed. I dumped them all down the sink and put the bottles in the pile of glass.

I took a deep shattery breath and swallowed the big lump in my throat. Yeah, he could always buy more but I'll just break those too. I'm not going to loose my dad to a drink. Maybe there's a small piece of him that I can save.

Satisfied, I walked back to my room and plopped onto my bed. I glanced at the clock and it was almost ten. If Dad didn't come back tonight, I'd go out looking for him.

I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until Dad banged on my door, waking me up.

"WHA' THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY DRINKS, BOY?" He burst into my room and I jumped out of bed. He was wearing the same clothes he wore two days ago and they were covered with filth. His eyes were bloodshot and his words slurred.

"Dad, just go to bed." I put a hand on his shoulder to help lead him to bed but he whipped around and smacked my face.

"DON'T 'CHU EVER TOUCH MY LIQUOR AGAIN." He lowered his voice. "As long as you live under my roof, you're gonna respect my property."

"To hell with your drinks!" I screamed. "To hell with you! You love your alcohol more than you love your own son, Dad. You know, I really thought that I could help you. I didn't realize you're so far gone you don't even know it." I stood up and towered over him. "Don't you ever touch me again or I will leave. I will let everyone else deal with your pathetic ass and I'll never come back."

"Logan don't threaten me in my own house." Dad seethed and jabbed a finger into my chest.

"I've spent years telling myself that this was just a phase, that one day you'd realize you lost me because of your drinking problem and you'd come back but that hasn't happened, Dad!" I cried.

"I don't have a problem." He growled and paused between each word.

"Do you hear yourself?" I laughed dryly. I looked into my dad's eyes and his face remained unchanged. "Whatever." I said roughly. "Don't bother looking for me." I pushed him out of my way and stormed down the stairs. I slammed the truck door behind me and drove to the spot I pulled over earlier with Zoey, and stopped. I rested my head on the steering wheel and screamed.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
My mom told me that I needed to go to the store and pick up a few things so I do so. I frown a little when I notice that Logan has not text me back. Plus I had to get my costume for swan lake and the tickets. I will have to get an extra for Logan. I get in my car and drive to the store.

I walk around and pick out everything from the store I need. I bring all the things I need and put them in the cart. I bump into someone and almost throw up when I see who it is. “Is all this stuff for you, Zoey.” The stupid, bitch, Megan said.

“Yep, it is all so yummy.” I say rolling my eyes. I continue shopping and check out, Megan still following me.

I walk out of the store and I put the food in my car. I look over and see Logan’s car parked on the next street. I begin to walk to it when I feel a horrible impact on my back. I look over and see Megan pounding me. “I was suppose to be the swan, not you. I am the better dancer.”

“Stop.” I scream. Tears flood from my eyes. She keeps pounding me and I look around for something to throw at her. I can see anything because of my blurry vision. “Logan!” I scream. "Help!"
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:47 am
thelostone says...

Logan

My head snapped up when I thought I heard someone call my name. I glanced out the window and saw two girls fighting. I heard another scream and got out of the car to go investigate. When I got closer I realized Zoey was the one being hit.

"Hey!" I yelled and ran over. "Jesus Christ." I swore as I pried the other girl off Zoey.

"THIS ISN'T OVER, BITCH!" The girl screamed and walked away.

I rushed over to Zoey and knelt down beside her. Tears streamed down her eyes and her cheek was already beginning to swell.

"Shh." I coaxed and pulled her into my chest. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"M-Megan," She choked on her tears. "S-She's mad I got the part in the play." She took in a few body raking breaths then leaned her head on my chest. "She j-just started to h-hit me."

"Hey," I said softly and played with her hair. "It's okay, now. Don't let anyone, especially that jealous whore stop you from doing what you love. I let someone stop me once and it ripped me apart. I want you to dance your little heart out and show that bitch that you're the damn good ballerina I know you are."

She nodded and slowly her sobs slowed. She tilted her face up to look at me and I was so tempted to close the inch of space between our lips. I gave her a small kiss on her forehead, hoping that would satisfy me.

"Come on." I stood up and held out my hand. She took it and I helped her stand up. "Let me look at your face."

I took her face in my hands and inspected it. It was red and swollen on her right cheek but other than that she looked okay.

"Am I gonna live, Doctor?" She teased but her voice was still small and shaken.

"Hmm. I'm afraid not." I frowned. "But we can fix that. All you need is a big dose of Logan and maybe some ice for your cheek and then you'll be good as new."

"I can't have a bruise for the play, Logan!" She groaned and covered her cheek with her hand.

"Zoey, you'll look perfect." I smiled. "You always do."

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:22 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I smile at him and hug him. I bury my swollen, beat up face into his chest and wrap my arms around him for a moment. "Thank you, for everything."

"You are welcome." He says. "Now lets get you to that studio, so that way you can have still have a dose of Logan before you preform."

I laugh and pull away from him. "Okay." We walk over to the studio and I get all my tickets. I quickly text my mom that they will be at the door. I hand one to Logan. "Will you come tonight? I know it is last minute, but it will mean a lot to me if you came."

"Of course." He tells me.

I smile and we walk into the auditorm. We sit down in some seats and I lean on his shoulder. "I do not know how I am going to preform tonight. I mean make-up can only do so much." I say.

"I told you would look perfect, don't stress." he tells me.

I smile and blush, i am so happy he cannot see me.

After a few moments, I look up at him and smile. "You know I think this Logan treatmeant is working very well." I say.

"I think it is too." Logan says looking down at me. I look down at his lips and cannot stand it anymore. I lean in and kiss him. Once I see what I did, I pull away and get up
"I'm sorry, I did not mean too." I walk towards the stage, not knowing what to do. What if he does not like me like the rest of the guys. What if I ruined a chance to be, whatever.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:42 am
thelostone says...

Logan

She pressed her lips to mine and before I could react they were gone and she was leaving mumbling some nonsense under her breath.

"I'm sorry!" She cried and ran towards the stage but I grabbed her wrist and whipped her around back into my arms.

"Don't you ever apologize for kissing me." I murmured then crashed my lips against hers.I wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed her against me. Her lips were warm and soft as they moved perfectly with mine.

"You're too tall.." She whispered in between kisses. "My feet hurt from standing on my tip toes."

We pulled away and I rested my forehead on hers. "I thought you were a ballerina," I grinned. "I thought you stood on your toes for fun." I lifted her up and sat her on the edge of the stage so her face was a little more even with mine. "Better now, ballerina?"

"Shut up and kiss me again." She whispered and so I tilted her chin up so that her lips met mine and kissed her hard but gentle.

"Mmm," She moaned. "This dose of Logan is definitely just what I needed."

"Just call me a doctor." I mumbled and tangled my fingers in her long hair.

"Let's stay just like this forever." Zoey smiled, her face only an inch from mine.

"Forever is an awfully long time, sweetheart." I said quietly and kissed her softly one last time. If I didn't stop now, I'd never stop kissing her. I'm hooked on Zoey and I'm never going to be able to get enough.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:10 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I bite my lip and smile as he looks at me. For once I was not worried about the past, I am just living right now. "Zoey, get dressed. We preform in two hours." My coach yells. I grunt and shake my head.

"I will see you later." I say. I kiss him goodbye and we depart. I go into makeup and cover up my bruises and put my hair into a bun. I get in my costume and my shoes. Logan was on my mind though and I could not stop smiling.

"Curtian, in ten." Someone calls.

We all head to our places and I smile wider. I hop around in my dance shoes and get warmed up. The first dance is a group and then my solo. We walk on stage behind the curtian and get in position. This has to be perfect. The curtian opens and the music begins to play. We all glide around the stage in perfect movement with each other. The song ends with me lifted in the air and there is a black out.

I heard the claps and smile. In the darkness, I change into my other costume. The lights come up and I am on my toes. I imagine that Logan is playing. I smile and twirl. This is my time to shine. To show Megan that I am a damn good ballerina like Logan said. I do my grand leap across the stage and hit my mark perfectly.

I do one last twirl and the song ends. I hear screaming and clapping and the lights go out. After the last dance I am in the show is over. I smile and change quickly. I run out to see my mom and dad. They tell me I did good, but then I see Logan. My heart skips a beat and I run over to him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 am
thelostone says...

Logan

"Zoey, you were amazing." I breathed and kissed her cheek, aware that her parents were watching.

"You think so?" She asked, smiling.

I nodded. "I know so. You were fantastic." I gathered her into my arms and spun her around. She squealed and her parents looked over so I set her down.

"I'm so glad you came." She gushed.

"Me too." I squeezed her hand and then let go.

Her parents walked over and hugged her before turning to me.

"And who might you be?" Her dad asked.

"Daddy, this is Logan." Zoey beamed. "Logan, this is my dad."

I shook hands with her dad and her mom. "You have a wonderful daughter." I said.

"Thank you, dear." Her mom smiled at me then looked at Zoey. "Honey, why don't you invite him to our Christmas party?"

"Oh my god, I totally forgot." She groaned. "Logan, we're throwing our annual Christmas party in two days which is obviously Christmas, and we'd love it if you could come."

I grinned and nodded. "I'd love to. It'd be my honor."

Zoey turned to her parents. "I'm going to go change, I'll meet you guys back at the car." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back stage. We walked until we found a little empty hall and I pressed her against the wall.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around me before I leaned over and kissed her. I kissed her like it was the last time I would ever kiss her and then we broke away to catch our breath.

"Wow." Zoey breathed.

I kissed her again, this time much lighter and much shorter. "Now go get changed before your dad comes looking for us." I grinned.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:36 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
"I don't want to." I complain.

"You have to." He says, rubbing my waist.

I grunt and put my head in his chest. "Please, I just want to stay here, with you."
"Believe me I want to stay here with you too, but I just met your father and I do not want him to hate me." He tells me.

I sigh. "Your right." I kiss him one more time and then walk into the dressing room and quickly change. I grab everything I need and put my costume away. I untie my hair and it falls into perfect curls.

I walk out and I do not see Logan. I frown and sigh a little. I should not be upset he left, it is getting late. I am still a little sad. I continue to walk down the hallway and then he jumps out at me and I sceam and drop to the ground.

He laughs and gets down to the ground and looks at me. "Did I scare you?" He asks, still laughing.

"No I just felt like screaming." I say, laughing.

I stand up and cross my arms being over dramatic, just to mess with him.
"Oh come on, you cannot me mad at me." He puts his arms around me waist and leans in to kiss, but I pull away.

"Nope. I am never kissing you again." I say. I know that is not true. That would suck for me, but the look on his face makes it all worth it.
"But-" He begins.

"Did I scare you?" I ask, getting on my tiptoes to kiss him.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"Yes," I said. "Don't scare me like that again." I grinned and held her hand while I walked her out to the parking lot.

"My dad's car is over there." She pointed to silver Sudan. She lifted her head up for a kiss then whispered, "Thanks for coming," before skipping towards the car.

I headed towards my truck and drove home.

Two days passed and I haven't seen Zoey since her her dance recital. She's been helping her parents get ready for the Christmas party. I understand but I still miss her.

I also haven't seen my dad since we fought but that doesn't bother me. My phone buzzed in my pocket and it's Zoey.

Hey, don't forget the party is formal! See you in an hour!

I groaned and stood facing my closet. I only owned one thing that was considered formal and it was not in my closet. I sighed and decided to look through Dad's closet. I held my breath and opened his door. I dug through tons of stained shirts until I finally gave up. There was one more place it might be: the basement.

I ran down the stairs and sure enough there was a black tux hanging draped over some boxes in the corner. I let out a sigh of relief and ran back upstairs. I changed into it and ran my fingers through my hair before I jumped into my truck and left for Zoey's house.

When I rang the door she opened it and I fought hard to keep my jaw from dropping. She was wearing a shimmering gold dress with heels so she could finally look me in the eye, and her hair fell in soft curls down her back. She's beautiful and she's mine.

"Wow." I breathed. "You look amazing."

She blushed and let me inside. "I hate it. My mom made me wear it. I'd rather be in a sweater or something."

"Well you're beautiful either way." I smiled and looked around the house. Tinsel and stockings hung everywhere. Her house looked like Santa's workshop exploded.

She noticed someone standing in the kitchen and her eyes got wide.

"What?" I asked, turning around to see some guy. "Who is that?"

She took a deep breath and turned back to me."Uh, just an old friend. I don't really want to talk about it."

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I turn to him and try to push the my ex boyfriend, Jake, out of my head. I wrap my arms around his neck and smile. "I've missed you." I said.

"I have missed you too." He says. I kiss him softly and smile into the kiss.
"Zoey, come into the kitchen." My mom calls.

I grunt and look at Logan again. "I will be right back." I say. I walk into the kitchen and my mom was trying to get the huge turkey out of the oven. I put mits on my hand and help her. She leaves to help with another problem and I get all the plates prepared for the turkey.

"Well, isn't it a pleasure to see your here." Jake says.

"You have some nerve coming here." I say, not even looking at him.

"Why, cause I broke your fragile heart?" He laughs.

"Yes." I say.

"Well, that guy is going to do the same thing. He is never going to care about you." He smiles.

"That is not true." I say.

"Yes, it is. I did not care about you. I just thought you were pretty and then I wanted to move on. I wanted you to feel wanted, you know because your own mother did not want you. I could not take it anymore though. This guy is just one to add to your list of heart breaks." With that he was gone. I begin to cry and I run out onto the porch before anyone could see me. It was so cold but I could not go inside looking like this.
--
"Hey, I was looking for you." Logan said from behind. I do not turn around, I try to wipe my tears and hide the fact that I am freezing. "Are you okay?" He asks, rushing over to me.

"Um, yeah." I lie.

"Don't lie to me, talk." He says.

"Um, that guy, he was my ex and he really tore me apart. He told me that he only pretended to care about me because no one else did, not even my real mom. He said that about you too. I always tried not to listen, but this time I am starting to believe him. Everyone has left me and I cannot expect you to stay." I say, in tears.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:47 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I watched as Zoey broke down in front of me and I couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth.

"Zoey, look at me." I lifted her chin so she faced me. "Do you honestly think I'm just going to walk out on you? Because if that's the kind of guy you think I am..."

"No," She sobbed and turned back away. "I don't know, Logan! I don't think so but I just don't know.."

"Listen to me, Zoey." I said and wiped a tear off of her cheek. "this," I gestured towards her. "is complete bullshit. I have never heard someone be so wrong before. Do you really believe that no one wants or loves you just because some asshole said so? "

"He's right though." She choked. "M-My mom put me up for adoption."

"That doesn't mean she doesn't love you, Zoey! She must love you because if she really didn't want you, you wouldn't be here. If she really didn't want you, she would've gotten rid of you before you were born. You can't say she doesn't love you she probably was only thinking about your future when she gave you up. She loved you so much that she gave you to someone else so that you could have a better life. Don't you ever tell me that's not love." I took one of her cold hands and squeezed it. "And your adoptive parents? Do you really think they don't love you? They haven't left you and I'm positive they never will. Zoey, there are so many people who love you with all their hearts. Don't let a douchebag blind you so you can't see that."

I hugged her against my chest until her tears stopped. "Don't get me wrong, not everyone will love you but in no way, shape, or form does that mean nobody will love you." I brought her face to mine and kissed her gently. "But anyone who doesn't love you is crazy." I whispered against her lips.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:28 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

"Thank you." I say, smiling. I kiss him again and I wrap my arms around him. "Your the best."

"I try." He laughs. "Let's get out of here?"

I nod and smile. "Let me go change and I will sneak out." I whisper.

"Meet you at the car." he says. I kiss him and I walk to my room. I quickly change into a red Christmas sweater, jeans and red Toms. I begin to walk down the stairs when a crowd of people start to walk around. I swear to myself and think of what to do. I see my window and climb out of it.

"I climbed out a window." I said to Logan and I got in the car.

"Why?" He asks.

"I was being sneaky." I laugh.

"What ever you say." He says. "I have a surprise for you, but I need to go home and change."

"Ohh, I am excited." I say. I lean up against him as he drive and I kiss him on the cheek.

--
We get to his house and I smile. "Wait here and I will be right back." He says, kissing me. I pull him closer for a moment and kiss him hard.

"Okay, hurry back." I say.

He nods and runs into the house. I sit in the car, singing a song to myself. I sigh and lean up against the door. All of a sudden I head yelling and start to worry. Maybe I should just stay here. I hear something break and dart out of the car. I stand in the door way. Logan's back is faces to me, so he cannot see me. His dad screams at him and then storms out.

Logan sighs and walks up to his room. I follow him and right when I get to his room, he take off his shirt. His back is covered with scars and I walk to him. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He turns around and looks at me. "Why did you come in?" He asks.

"I heard yelling and I worried about you." I say, shrugging.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:31 am
thelostone says...

Logan

I walk inside and see my dad on the couch with a pack of beer next to him. Surprisingly he wasn't drinking one. When he saw me come in he walked over to me. It was a strange sight, seeing him sober.

"I see you're finally sober." I said flatly and tried to push past him but he stopped me.

"What did you say to me, boy?" He growled. He was just as angry without alcohol. "I wasn't aware an eighteen year old boy was in charge of when and how many drinks I have."

"Go back to the couch, Dad. I have stuff to do." I successfully managed to push past him but he grabbed my elbow harshly and pulled me back to face him.

"I was talking to you." He seethed.

"When do you ever talk to me?!" I cried. "All I ever hear is the alcohol talking. You're a coward, Dad. You hide behind your alcohol instead of facing your problems. You think you were the only one hurt when Mom left? I used to be proud of you, I used to be happy when people said I was just like you. I believed them, too. But now, looking at you I'm glad I'm not. I will never be a coward like you."

"DO NOT CALL ME A COWARD IN MY HOUSE, LOGAN ANTHONY." Dad hit a vase off the table and it smashed into the wall. He lowered his voice but kept his tone menacing. "I am not a coward."

"Tell that to your drinks." I snorted.

In one big motion he slapped his hand across my cheek. It stung and throbbed but I refused to touch it.

"You are no son of mine." He said and the door opened to a concerned Zoey.

I turned toward her. "I told you to stay in the car." I said sternly.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Who's this piece of white trash?" Dad snarled.

I stood defensively in front of Zoey in an attempt to shield her from his words. "Don't talk about her like that." I growled right back. "Just go back to your drinks. That's what you do best."

Dad squeezed one hand into a fist and shook his finger at me. "You are no son of mine." He stormed kicked the table over on his way out to the door and I still kept Zoey behind me.

"DAMN RIGHT I'M NOT." I called after him. "ROT IN HELL." I took Zoey's hands away from her mouth and a small squeak came out.

"Logan-" She whimpered.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said quietly. "Just go back to the car. I'll be out in a minute."

I headed up the stairs and walked into my room. I ran my fingers through my hair and took off the tux. I slipped on some sweatpants and sat on my bed defeated before putting a new shirt on.

Small cold fingers began to trace the small jagged scars on my back and I kept my eyes closed. I wasn't able to look at her right now.

"Logan.." She drifted off.

"You're really bad at following instructions." I said softly. "I told you to wait in the car."

She ignored me and continued tracing my scars. "Logan, we can't not talk about this. It's not healthy to keep all of those emotions bottled up, baby. Talk to me, please."

Her hands fell to her sides and she sat down next to me.

"I'm not good at talking." I said. My movements were starting to feel more like a robot's than myself. I'm beginning to go numb again.

"Does this happen a lot?" She asked.

I gave her a small nod, still staring at the wall. "When I was fifteen he threw the bottle at me." I said, unable to bring my voice above a whisper. "That's what the scars are from, the glass."

Zoey didn't say anything, she only leaned over and kissed my bare shoulder before resting her head on it.

"It wasn't always like this," The words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. "They used to be happy, my mom and dad. But then something snapped I guess. I used to sleep on the bathroom floor with earmuffs. The sound of the shower running and the earmuffs muffled out some of their fights sometimes. After a couple years my mom just got fed up. She left without saying anything. She didn't even leave me a note or kiss me goodbye. I just woke up and she was gone. My dad thought alcohol would solve his issues and now he loves the damn thing more than me." I sighed and kept my gaze on the faded blue walls.

"I don't know what to say. Logan, I'm so sorry." She whispered.

I shrugged it off and stood up, throwing a shirt over my head. "I'm sorry you had to see it. I didn't think he'd be home."

She threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tight.

"Come on," I forced a smile and led her back down the stairs. "Close your eyes."

She held her palms over her eyes and I led her to the kitchen. I turned on the faucet and held out my palm. The water from the faucet hovered above our heads. I flexed my fingers and it began to snow around us.

"Merry Christmas." I murmured and opened her eyes.

Her face lit up and she laughed, replacing my fake smile with a real one.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:58 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
My face lights up like a Christmas tree. I got to see snow on Christmas. He remembered that stupid little card to Santa. The snow dissapears and I look at him. "That has to be the best Christmas gift I have ever gotten." I say. I wrap my arms around him and we just stand there for a while. "Thank you." I say, looking up at him.

"My pleasure." He says. He bends down and kisses me. "Merry Christmas." He says again.

"Merry Christmas." I say.

"Now, really let's get out of here." He says.

I nod and smile. "I want to show you something." I say.

"Okay." He says. We get into the car and I tell him where to go. I take him to an old park and he stops the car. "Is this where you wanted to take me?" He asks.

"We are not there yet. Come on." I say. We get out and he takes my hand. I lead him down a trail. We stop at the end and I look up. "There." I say, pointing to the old tree house. I climb the rope ladder and get in side. "Hurry up slow poke." I laugh.

He gets up here with me and I walk him in and we sit in the corner. I find a few old blankets and I cover us up. Curling up to him, I smile. "Are you going to tell me why you brought me here?" He asks.

I laugh and nod. "My dad build this for me when I was little. He told me that only special people were allowed to come up here, people that meant a lot to me. I have only let one other person come up here." I tell him.

"And who was that?" he asks, grinning.

"My dad." I say. "I swore to him that day that when I met someone that really cared about me, I would bring them up here."

"You brought me?" He asks a smile on his face.

"I did." I say. I lean in to kiss him and wrap my arms around him.
-Winnie the Pooh

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken