z

Young Writers Society

Harmony High - Sequel

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 am
winterbites says...

Andy

Nan needed some more food for my cat. I also needed to get out of the house. It was driving my crazy. Rick's constant calling is really getting on my nerves. He doesn't understand how much he messed me up. I know its been awhile since the thing, but I can't go back to him, I just can't. He won't leave me alone.

I look up from my drink I just got and saw an old teacher, Avery, I smiled and remembered what she had done for me in the hospital. I smile and walk over to were she sat with her two little babies.. Wait, babies? When did that happen? I shake my head, not my business... I tap her shoulder lightly, she turns around and smiles, standing up to hug me, "Andy!" she squeaks.

"Hey Avery." I smile and hug her back, "How are you?" I say.

"Tired," she laughs and nods at the twins.

"Oh," I laugh, "They're cute," I say kneeling down to see them, "What're their names?" I rubbed the little girls cheek. She looks at me blankly.

"Colton and Caitlyn." she says happily.

"You're a lucky woman." I smile, "I'll never get kids." I laugh.

"... Hows Ricky?" she smiles sadly.

"Don't even-" I laugh, "He is obsessed with me. I'm so over him though. I mean, with everything he did..." I sigh.

"Sorry," she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Nahh, its cool." I smile, "Can I sit here with you for a bit?" I ask looking back at the babies.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:11 pm
Nike says...

William Franco
Spoiler! :
EEEP so excited
Spoiler! :
Something is wrong with my keyboard, I can't hit the backspace without returning to my last page so if there are mistakes, sorry, I'll try to edit them out without deleting lol

The smell of Lemonade and sweat flew around me as I lay on the warm sand. I loved the beach, especially during winter months. California never gets cold.

"Babe," I heard Kat say.

Opening my eyes, I saw her sit down next to me. Her eyes reminded me of Lena's every time I saw them, which sucked. But I tried to push that thought away as I looked at her. She started to play with my hair, running her fingers softly through it.

"Kat," I said. "Wanna head back to my place?"

She laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. "We just got here Will, and I am not going to have sex with you again. You sex whore." she laughed even harder whch made me burst out laughing as well.

"I am not a sex whore, my dear."

"Yeah, tell that to all the girls you've laid since you got here."

Sitting up, I moved closer to her so our faces would be closer together. I loved the smell of her, salty ocean water. She was a Sufer and she taughted surfing every weekday. That's how we met.

Kat was still laughing as I put my hand behind her neck and kissed her softly. She kissed back, running her hands down my chest. I never got butterflies from her or anything, she was my best friend at this moment and I needed that.

"We have to stop doing that, my bf is gonna get jealous." she said in a whisper.

"Right. York? He seems very protective." I air-quoted.

"Whatever W." she said double-u. "I gotta jump, a surf lesson at five. So, I'll see your sexy ass at that party?"

I moved my hand down her arm, feeling the warmth of summer right on her. "Of course babe."

She gave me a quick smile and then kissed me, passionately. Pulling away, she jumped up and ran to the Surf Lessons Experts building just behind the beach. They like to teach right away, on the water. So having their building that close is convenient.

Getting up, I pulled myself together and found my way to my condo. My uncle decided to rent it out for me after I moved out from Harmony. i lived with him for a while but then got my own place on my own. He just wanted to help this once. The only people that visited me were my mother and uncle. I didn't want anyone to see me here so I wouldn't see them. I didn't even want to see my uncle or mother. But sometimes, there are exceptions.

I unlocked the condo's front door and stepped into my sunny living room. The windows were from floor-to-ceiling, which was amazing. My condo was a block away from the Sun-Times newspaper where I work at and just a five minute bus ride to my college, Full Sail.

Walking into the kitchen, which was all brand new, white counter tops, stainless steel appliances, I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and downed it in two minutes flat. I went to my room, it was just behind the kitchen, a small flight of stairs led to it. Like four steps. I got in and hopped into my bathroom, taking a quick shower. I had to look somewhat appealing to that party, and sweaty wasn't an answer. Right when I was drying myself off, my phone rang.

"Ash, my man!" I said, smiling.

"William, you are going to Stacy's, right?"

"Just getting ready..."

"I'll get you, be there soon. So be ready!" he hung up.

Placing the phone on the sink counter, I finished getting ready. The only person that helped me get settled was surprisingly Ashton. The guy that played Ave's husband on that show. He heard about what was going on and decided to be nice. Now we're really tight.

Once I finished getting dressed, board shorts, a black sleeveless top and flip-flops, I waited for Ash in my living room. Just a few minutes later and I saw him walk in. He smiled, shutting the door.

"Looks like you're ready, let's move it!" I said, jumping off the couch.

"One moment," he put on his serious face. "How was Kitty?"

"Kat." I corrected.

"Kitty Kat, how was she?"

I laughed, high-fiving him.

"Great man, better than Ellie."

"I bet. Let's get a move on then."

This was my life so far. Working late, partying all night and having ex. It was the life. And Ashton was here with me. I mean just today I wrote two articles, sent it to Sun Times, had some fun with Kat and cleaned my condo. I love it.

Jane Wills

"Oli! oh Oli!" I laughed.

"Jay!" he said.

We were in his car, a VW Golf, as we drove to work. It was our last day and I know we wee both sad and excited. Today my brother was throwing this huge party and the whole staff is invited.

"Jay, are you ready to go back to 'Merica?" he smiled, his English accent still shocking me.

He's the guy from Liverpool. Hot. Smart. English. Brilliant. I would call him The Doctor if I could.

"Always... you know you're going back too!"

"And to Harmony. I still cannot believe that we lived in the same place and didn't know each other."

That's true. Oliver lived in Harmony, Connecticut for almost all his life. He moved there when he was eight. Every summer he flew out to England, and stayed there all summer. It was his thing.

"Right?"

He just laughed as he drove along.

Work flew by. I wanted it to go by quickly, but at the same time I wanted to stop time. I loved it here. And at the same time, I wanted to be back home. Only because it's comfortable there, my parents just started to warm up to me. Except for Dad. That cheating scum.

"Jay, I got your Vanilla Mocha." Demetria said from behind me.

Oliver didn't stop calling me Jay, ever. So it caught on. At least I wasn't Elizabeth anymore.

"Thanks Demi," I smiled, turning my chair to face her.

She handed it to me than took a sip of something she had. Whatever it was. She had this sad look to her face which got me worried.

"Everything 'kay?" I asked.

"Yeah... I'm just going to miss you guys when you leave. This internship should last forever." She laughed, not looking me in the eye.

Standing up from my oh-so-comfy leather chair, I pulled her into a tight huge, her hair fell into my face.

"It's okay. I'm gonna miss you too." I whispered into her ear.

The truth is, my life here was way better than my life there. I had my brother, good friends, and no problems. Drama was out of the questions. The most important thing was that my parents weren't here. I could take a breather from them and vice-versa. We needed a break from each other. And they hate me anyway, so I was happy to be away from their wrath. Okay, my mom was alright, she wanted me. But my dad was another, interesting story.

"E-mail me. Everyday Jane." that's the first time she has ever said my name correctly and it made my heart jump.

"Of course, and you too!"

We pulled away from each other, watching the tears fall from our eyes. I didn't even know I was crying until she wiped her hand over my cheek. I did the same to her and she smiled. Best friends. I know it.

"You have fun there in Harmony. I hope we will still be friends." she said.

"Oh, the e-mailing will do the trick." I smiled.

"And... I hope you and Oli work out over there."

That confused me. And she saw that in my face.

"Like, I hope you guys get together some time. Your friendship is really great, it better stay that way. That boy... he has problems and he needs someone like you."

"I have problems of my own too, and I need him." I said it without noticing.

She grew a soft smile and walked back to her office. I didn't move for a few seconds and just stood there, thinking.

"Stop thinking Jay and let's get a move on." Oliver said.

I looked behind me and saw him sitting in the desk next to mine, his desk. He grabbed his things and waited. I started to pack up, slowly but still.

"Jane, we gotta get dressed, hurry it up! Are you thinking again? Your over thinking is bad."

Shaking my head, I grabbed my purse, box full of items, and faced him. He was leaned against my desk, I guess trying to be close enough to snap me out of my trance. But it only made my heart stop.

"Let's go buckaroo." I smiled, grabbing his hand. "We've got a party to get to."
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:19 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"Of course." I move over a bit and pat the seat next to me. Caitlyn waves her fist at Andy, demanding milk.

"Cait, Andy can't give you milk. He's a boy, love." She must've gotten the gist of what I said and stopped waving her fist at him, and almost looked as if she was rolling her eyes. Andy laughed at her silliness and then turns to me. In his eyes I see bunches of questions and sigh, with a smile.

"Andy, feel free to ask whatever you need to dude." He blushes and looks embarrassed.

"I don't want to pry into your personal business, especially after all you and Tristan did for me last year." When I hear his name, my heart cries out but I keep the same smile on my face and shake my head. He sighs.

" When were you pregnant?" He asks directly.

"Before I moved back. Both of them were just really tiny. When they first came out...there was a strong chance that they would die, they were both so small. Caitlyn was four pounds and Colton was five. But they were both easily able to gain the weight they needed. Thank god." I sigh, the fear and panic creeping up on me from the memory of thinking that my babies would die.

"That must've been so scary..." Andy sighs "But...who's the father?" He asks hesitantly, as if afraid i'll cast him away for asking. I sigh.

"The daddy is...Will. But...he just doesn't know yet. I'd like to keep it that way, until he's done in California. I've put him through so much already...what type of bitch would I be to call him out of all of his hard work, his new life, to take care of two children he probably won't even believe are his, let alone want to take care of." I sigh again, this time holding back tears.

"But Avery...you can't make that choice for him. They're his children too. And he deserves to know that they exist. And...and are they his children? Are you 100% sure?" Andy asks quietly. I nod my head, and Colton holds his hand out towards me while Caitlyn looks at me with a worried expression, at seeing the pain in my eyes. I stare at them, my eyes full of wistfulness and love.

"Look at how much they both look like Will. Colton has his eye shape and cheekbones while Caitlyn has his mouth and dimples. I got a DNA test just to make sure, the results are in my room. I... I love them so much. Like crazily much. I'll think about what you said, but i've really gotta get to build a bear. Caitlyn keeps demanding with grunts and fists movements, that I get her a new pink bear. So...let me go get that done." I say getting up.

"It was so nice seeing you!" I say quickly and rush off. I was halfway truthful with that. I am bringing Caitlyn to build a bear, to make a bear. I take out my Galaxy S4 and call a contact i've been speaking to on and off for the past year, since he's moved back to California.

"Ash! How have things been? How are you...and him?" I ask nervously when Ashton picks up.

"I'm fine. I still miss you of course, as you already know, but i'm getting over it." I roll my eyes but stay silent. Atleast I know where Caitlyn gets that from. "And Will...he's onto that girl Kat I told you about awhile ago." I sigh, my heart literally feeling as if its tearing apart.

"Another girl I see." I say quietly. I take in a gulp of air and say what I have to quickly, what i've been thinking of since speaking to Andy. "I want him to meet his children Ashton. I want...him to know that he's a father. But... don't tell him. Just get him to come here. Get him a taxi to my townhouse. And there...he'll meet his son and daughter." The line is silent for a second.

"I'll get him there to you by tomorrow if your truly ready. But be prepared...he may not be happy. You don't know how he'll react." Ashton says cautiously.

"Your right but...he deserves to know. And I want him to meet them in person when he finds out. So please...get it done Ash." I say, and with that I hang up.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:01 am
MikeyG says...

Spoiler! :
I'm just gonna make one post for Ashton since @Desticakes101 begged for it.

Ashton

I stare at my iphone in amazement. How do I continue to love this girl? She's spontaneous, irritating, nerve wracking, and just ugh. But...she's also beautiful. Kind. Caring. The best type of person if you ask me. I guess that thats why I just can't say no to her. I mean, no offense to Wil now, but I hated him when I first came. Although I was jealous of him for getting to be with her, I was furious at him for hurting her like he did. But it only took two little pleads from Avery to make me befriend him. I found it sweet really, that she just wanted to keep tabs on him. But I know how much its hurting her each time he gets with another girl...but she begged for the truth. And there it was. To be honest, over time it wasn't hard being friends with Will. He's actually a pretty cool guy, and before long, I found myself actually caring for him, as a friend.
But he's gonna hate me after he finds out that I knew that he had two little kids waiting for him at how, without telling him. He'll truly hate me but... it's Avery's choice. And my feeling don't matter when it comes to her. I walk back into the party, making my face deadly serious which truly isn't that hard, given the circumstances. I find Will grinding with a red head in a bikini, holding his beer above his head. I quickly walk to him and pull him out. His face is a question mark.

"Dude, whatsup? Jenny was totally gonna come back to my place later. What the hell could be so important?" He asks, folding his arms. I sigh.

"Will...Avery is in trouble. Very bad trouble. And she needs you now. I've already ordered you a ticket to the New york airport, and a taxi, straight to where she is. But you need to go now.Like RIGHT NOW WILL."I make my voice firm and loud towards the end. He looks shocked, but then a look of determination fills his eyes and he rushes to his car. I sigh. Dude...you were a really cool friend. I hope that you don't hate me...too much.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:04 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
AAH. YAY.

Lena

"So right. Tomorrow I have to go to Sweiths Literal Arts Club or whatever that is, and pick up those documents?! What in the world... Then, there's another foundation program, oh god, I hate those! Then, a party on the farewell of Mr. Lewis. Tomorrow, I even need to call Anissa and ask her on the researches of that top secret acrylic painting case! Elise, help me out!" I cried.

"Calm down, will you?" she says, handing me over a coffee with a pen on her mouth. I sip on my coffee. She was as busy as I was.

"It kind of sucks to be assistants, right?" I say, handling a bunch of stupid paper works.

Elise fumbles over the case of acrylic painting. I mean, a case. And it had to take place in this wonderful country of Switzerland. Yay.

"Its weird. I mean, how can a person, ever steal 4 paintings of La Coiture and he was painted all up in acrylic paint and nobody even saw him? This has to be one of the top class criminals!" Elise exclaims. She finishes up her coffee. "Have you even got a dress for tonight?"

"For what?" I ask, trying to get through Anissa- my boss.

"For Mr. Lewis's farewell party, dweeb."

"I couldn't be more bothered. I think I'll just wear that red, ruffled dress you got me a week back."

"That old thing? Oh, you got to wear something classic! This is not a prom night, Lena. That is so in the back."

Prom night. God, those memories are bad. School days are bad. Now, look at me. Just forgotten about all of them. My love life. I mean, I've been so darn busy. I haven't even had the time to love. I mean, I remember those words I said to Will. Move on with life, get a new start. And this is what I get.

"Elise... Everything's just so complicated. I feel like leaving this job. Where are the days when I just, loved to paint. And nowadays, its just papers I see, not art. What is happening?" I keep the papers inside my file. I get a text from Anissa.

What's so urgent?

I look at the text annoyingly. My own boss was a great friend to me. We never talked conversations between a boss and an assistant, it was always like a best friend.

No dresses to wear tonight. I text back. Elise peeks.

"Oh man, really? I thought you were kidding." she says.

"This time, nah." I shake my head.

"I was wondering, why don't we take a break? I mean, you've been working so hard. You should visit your mother. I'm so going to book a ticket for you!" Elise says, jumping into the website to book tickets. I stop her.

"No, Elise... My life there is over. If I want to see mum, I'll get her a ticket to come here but there... Its just not my thing anymore. You know why. And obviously, Dylan will be so much more upset. I've been traveling around Swiss for a while, I need to spend time with him. I was planning to the chuck the farewell." I reply. I couldn't go back to Connecticut.

"Bunk the farewell? What are we, college kids to bunk farewell like they're classes? And Dylan you say? He hasn't even texted you the past week after you said you wanted to meet. Where's his love, huh?" Elise shot. Man, she was always reasonable.

Elise was about to say more when she catches hold of someone from the corner of her eye. She turns to look and gulps down her coffee. I stare at her, shaking my head and sigh.

"Okay. Quickly forget what I just said. He's here. Oh my gosh, Lena, just look at you! Fix that hair!" Elise says, getting up and fumbling my hair.

"Gosh, Elise. Its not like we're on a first date." I roll my eyes.

"I don't care. He's come back! You can finally live with him. I mean, in his little apartment."

I look at Dylan and wave. Grabbing the file and forgetting my blackberry message, I walk towards him. He's in his stupid suit but his hair is still the same. The messy, brown one that I loved. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me into a gentle kiss. Oh god, his neck smelled so good.

"Hey, babe." he says, caressing my cheek. I smile.

"Where were you? I missed you." I told him, dumping all the stuff in his car.

"Really? And I thought it was you who went missing for two weeks." he said, laughing a little.

Elise said she's got to go meet her guy in a few minutes so we met our separate ways there. Dylan looked at me and grinned. A pretty dirty one, I tell you. He came close to me and whispered, "So, what's special this night? We're alone, having our little privacy..."

"Okay, grasshopper." I tell, pushing him back cheerfully. "Let's just get home first."

We both got in and zoomed off. Man, wasn't it late at night.

Dylan and me were under the covers, having cute sex. It was fun. It had been days since we had sex. This night was a joyful one. He wasn't the violent one, but he was good. Really good. He made me feel comfortable and enjoy it all through out. He kept nuzzling my neck and putting in soft kisses every few seconds. I really didn't have any idea when I was to end up with a baby.

He pressed me closer to him and kissed me hard. It was weird because he never did that. But he stopped. He knew. And after that, we both felt asleep together, waiting for the sun to come in.

I woke up at 8 in the morning, my head on Dylan's chest. I had lots of things to do considering 5 texts from Elise and Anissa to check also. I get up slowly, not wanting to disturb Dylan at any cost. I go get a hot bubble bath, with one of those nicely smelled bath salts in it. Ah, this is life. And I wish I could stay here forever.

But sadly, it had to end since again, I was reminded of many things at one second and had to get dressed. Today was a Sunday but it didn't do any help for me. I dressed up to a nice white skirt and an aqua blue shirt wearing flops. Checking my BBM and texting back Anissa and Elise, I grabbed the milk from the fridge. And just as I did so, I almost dropped it.

The tickets are doonnee! Asked Anissa and she said it was all OK. I'm coming too!

Elise. I loved her.

But now, its totally the opposite.

How am I ever going to convince Dylan? He's going to kill me. We haven't even spend one whole day together, except have sex, I mean that's all we've had when we're together, its that rarely we see each other! I didn't want to be reminded of awful school memories, and god knows. I might bump into Will or Avery or Chris. I was freaking out.

I dialed Elise and picked it up in an instant!

"I know you're psyched! You're going to see your mother! I can't wait to see her!" she exclaimed.

"Elise, I told you, this is not the time!" I said, furiously over the phone.

"I... I'm sorry. But you should get a break, girl. This-"

"So why Connecticut, huh?! Why not Hawaii or somewhere like that? Why does it have to be my home town?!" I wanted to cry.

"I didn't know you were so serious about it... I'm sorry, Lena." she said. She really did seem sorry.

I sighed. Maybe she's right. Maybe I should just see mother and come back. It can't really be for that long. "How long?" I ask.

"Three months. That's it."

"WHAT?"

"Look, its just not you who has a whole lot of work. But beat it. We need a break. Three months ought to do it. You really thought two weeks is enough?"

"Two days would be just so much more! I hate you." I tell her. Oh god. She's ruining everything.

"I'm your best friend. And as a best friend, I've booked the tickets. At least come along for my sake!"

I close my eyes. "Fine. If that's what you want, then... I guess, it can't be helped."

"Thanks, Lena. I knew you would understand. Catch you later?" I hear her voice say for the last time and it goes dead.

I sit down on the chair, unable to pick up what's going to happen. Will. Avery. Chris. God, I'm just praying that I don't come across any of them. Just, no.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

267 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 pm
Nike says...

Jane Wills

"I love this party, it makes me want to skip my flight." I joke with Kathy.

"Then do it! You can come with me to France!" she cheered.

I took a sip of my beer, she followed suit. We were at my brothers place this time. he owned a small home with his girlfriend... Kathy. Yeah, small world. They've been together for about two years. I met her at work, he met her at the airport. Their house is cute, very comfortable and home-y. It's a mix of my brother's minimalist style and her artistic style.
They had a deck outside as well. It was a great place, really.

"I could, but... I already have the ticket Kathy. And Oli is going with me so it won't be bad."

"Right," she waggled her eyebrows. "What's up with you and Oliver?"

"Nothing, why would you say that?"

Sitting up on the couch, she gave me her look. It's the look that makes you so tense that you can't keep a secret. You spill everything out. And that makes her smile.

"Kathy, I have a boyfriend." I protested.

She rolled her eyes. "So? He's in Connecticut! Oliver is here. You can't control what happens between you two."

"But nothing happened," I hissed.

"You want something to happen though, don't you? There is a connection between you two that's undeniable!"

I lied against the couch, shutting my eyes from frustration. The music from the party was coming into the house, someone must have opened the back door. They decided to have the party outside because of the magnificent weather.

"Yeah, a friendship."

"No," she poked my side so I opened my eyes to glare at her. "It's not and you know it."

"Come on Kathy! Don't do this to me!" I flung my arms into the air. "Emmett is my boyfriend. Oliver is my friend. And you have to understand that. You are such a shipper." I laughed the last part out.

"A what? A shipper?" she started to laugh.

"You know!"

All she did was nod. We kept laughing uncontrollably. Stopping myself, I took a few breaths and grabbed my beer. I took a gulp of it, letting it drown out my laughter. Kathy stood up, covering her mouth as she chuckled. I caught Colin coming into the living room, smiling once her saw Kathy.

"Hey babe, hey lil' sis. What's going on?" He pulled Kathy into a cute side-hug.

"Oh, I'm just telling her to hit it off with Oli." Kathy nuzzled her nose into his neck, making my cringe. Why would she mention that? Lying is always an option Kathy.

"Oli? Oliver?" he was shocked.

"Colin, don't you think they'd work?"

He gave her a look but then stared at me for a second. I took another gulp of the German beer, shooting back a stare at him.

"They're too much alike to work. Opposites attract, not similar-s." He said.

"Whatever honey," she kissed his neck. "Let's go outside. Jane, you coming with us?"

"I don't want you pushing me into Oliver, so I'll pass." I smiled.

"Oh don't do that to me. Please come."

They were so cute together. Seriously. They worked and it was great. The way of how comfortable they were with each other, the love showed. He was pretty tall and her being my height made them that cute short-tall couple. She reached just at his neck.

"In a sec, I gotta call someone."

Nodding, she pulled Colin out of the living room. I sighed, finishing my beer. I wanted another. But, I just sat there for a second, dazed. Picking through my pocket, I pulled out my phone and clicked on Skype. Emmett was online so I called him.

"Hello?" his voice was sleepy, it made my breathing race. I couldn't catch my breath.

"Emm," I said, regaining my air. "Hey,"

"Jane, it's so good to hear from you."

"Yeah," I took a deep breath.

"Is everything okay?" he was more alert.

I hate it when people say that. Because even if everything is fine and someone asks that, you feel sick to your stomach, and sad. Like something actually happened. But, in my case, something did.

Just as I was about to answer with a 'Yeah, just tried.' before someone startled me. The sound of footsteps stopped just before me. Looking up, I saw Oliver standing at the door frame of the room.

We just looked at each other, silent. I didn't even realize Emmett was talking to me.

"Boyfriend?" Oliver mouthed.

I nodded, "I'm good Emmett. Just over worked. How are you?"

"Just waking up," there is a huge time difference.

"Great,"

"You have two days until you come back. Are you excited?"

My heart jumped once he said that. I looked at Oliver again, noticing he didn't move a muscle. Smiling, he came up to me and sat down next to me, making the couch jump.

"Very."

"I'll talk to you later then Jane, go to sleep. I love you." he said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

I felt my throat close up, not able to speak. He said he loved me. So casually, but yet so true.

"Me too Emmett. See you babe."

"See you,"

He hung up. I dropped the phone onto the couch and saw Oliver on his own phone. He usually pulled my phone from me and joked around, he liked to hang up on people I was speaking to. And mock them too. But this time, he didn't, which was peculiar.

"Looks like we're going back to real life, huh?" he smiled, still on his phone.

"Yeah," my voice was soft.

Looking up from his phone, he caught my stare. It was strong, the tension. The feeling that was around us was so addictive, I didn't want to look away, ever. My heart was racing and I couldn't breath.

"It's gonna suck. No life, just stuck there." He finally spoke, puling away from the stare.

I rolled my eyes. He always wined about things. Especially going back.

"Right," I felt so sick, degraded. Dissapointed.

Standing up, I walked away from him, going back into the kitchen. I knew he had followed after me once I pulled out another beer from the fridge.

"Pass me one?" he said.

Grabbing another bottle, I shut the fridge and handed him one. This is why I knew Kathy was wrong. We wouldn't ever work and I think that's a good thing.

"What's going on with that Emmett guy?" he popped open the cap, take a gulp of the beer.

"Nothing, everything's good." I handed him my beer so he'd open it for me. Once he did, he gave it back and I took a sip, the alcohol burning my throat.

"Great, you have someone to get back to."

"You know what Oliver? I'm done." I hissed, putting my beer on the island. "You can't be like this all the time! I swear to God. It's not that bad over there. You have a job, you have a family there. You have friends. Why don't you just stop being a depressed little bitch? Cry a river, build a bridge, than get over it. When you do that, you can finally speak to me because I can't stand to be your friend when you're like this." I yelled.

At first, he was shocked and just stared at me. Then he had his game face on. We are very alike, so it was his turn to yell.

"Oh wow. So you are like those Americans. Love the USA! There's nothing wrong there, they aren't manipulating you, no. You have a perfect life, a perfect boyfriend and a perfect family..." I cut him off.

"Trust me. My life and family is far from perfect." I hissed.

"Right. But you'e happy to go back, aren't you? Because you have an awesome life there. America is the best!"

"Shut up Oliver! I'm not happy to go back! The only thing that makes me happy is to finally see my parents. They warmed up to me for once. They love me again! They never did. And that's all. I want to be here because nobody knows about my past, nobody knows how horrible I really am. I'm perfect here." Tears started to build up before my eyes, I tried to hold them tight.

"What?" now he shut up.

"Yeah, I'm hated there. By a lot of people. So I don't want to go back. But it's not bad there. I survive so you fucking can too."

William Franco
Spoiler! :
I'll write for him later.

267 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 pm
Nike says...

William Franco

When Ashton told me this, I had mixed feelings. Thoughts were whirling through my head. So, to calm myself down, I left the party and drove to my condo. Once I got there, I poured myself a whiskey and sat on my balcony. The stars were beautiful at this time of night, even though the city lights were everywhere, you could still see them.

I texted Ashton, What's so important with Avery? I left just so I wouldn't be there to help her. Just so I could escape her. Are you spying on me for her?!

He didn't answer, ever. I fell asleep on my couch. Yes, I had a couch on the balcony. When I woke up, I saw a bird sitting on my railing the sun burned my eyes. I barely remember what happened last night and the hangover was coming on. I smelled of whiskey.

There was a missed call on my phone, Ashton. I clicked the voice mail and listened.

"Will, it looks like you're angry at me. Look, I'm sorry. I know you left because of her and Lena and all that bullshit... so I'll just say it straight. Avery got pregnant. After you left, she went to the doctor and the result were twins. And Will, they're yours."

I swallowed hard, not sure if to believe what he just said, or to declare it bullshit. My mind couldn't grasp that thought. I can't have a child, I can't have two children! I can't be a father to them! Is this some kind of sick joke?!

He wasn't even finished. "I know you may not believe it, but Ave-Avery said she could have gotten pregnant with you in California, cause the doctor told her that the babies were like three months. It's not like she wanted children Will, you can't blame her. I won't defend her or you, just go to Connecticut and talk to her, alright? I'll see you someday. I left Cali. So, go. Seriously, go." his voice was sad, and I knew why. He loved Avery and he knew I would hurt her.

I'd rather him go for me. But I had no other choice. CT here I come. Again.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:30 pm
Sunshine says...

Lacey Lopez

With the rage of a million Daleks, I chuck my backpack onto Allen's couch, hoping to drill a hole through it.

It was just that kind of day.

Allen looks up at me. He's sprawled across the tiny living room space, his legs circled around Melody. My baby looks dazed after her day in daycare, but she smiles at the sight of me. "Mama!"

Allen smiles. "Lucky that's her favorite word instead of 'no' like the website said. How was your school day?"

Allen gets out of work earlier than I do, and its so weird to come home from school to an almost twenty year-old guy with a baby and think, 'That's my boyfriend!' "Awful. Terrible. Miserable. Pick your descriptive word of choice."

Allen suddenly becomes more alert. I only go to school twice a week, work mornings three days a week, and care for Melody the rest of the time. All but the latter tends to leave me in a terrible mood, and Allen knows that. Heck, he knows everything about me at this point. "Melody, cover your ears." My Hazel-eyed baby looks up at him, confused, and Allen takes her baby hands and covers her own ears. "None of the above. How about s?"

I sit down next to them, the two of us making a yin-yang around Melody. "That pretty much sums it up." Allen uncovers her ears and she laughs like he just told a hilarious joke. My body starts to relax. Melody, who once stressed me out with the threat of Post-Partum, now makes me calm with her laugh. "You're such a good Dad, Allen, have I ever told you that?"

"About once a day, but I like hearing it."

"Just wait until Melody can say it. She'll never shut up. Can you tell Daddy how good of a Dad he is?"

Melody looks at me. Her eyes aren't blue anymore, like they were when she was a newborn, and I miss that. Instead, they are a Hazel shade you can see so deep inside them. It's beautiful, but they remind me of Hakan's. "Dada ist gooooo?"

"Close enough." I lean over and kiss her on the forward.

"What happened today?" Allen asks.

His words are meant to be a kind, curious way to make me feel better, but it causes me to clench my fist. "The usual. Another old friend decided she didn't want to be seen with that 'Prego' girl. God, I never realized what idiots everyone in this school was until all of a sudden I'm such an outcast. I guess I'd rather not be talked to then be insulted, but I know they talk about me behind my back. As if I wasn't weird enough already!"

I realize I raised my voice, and Melody begins wailing. I apologize, pulling her closer to me, muttering nice words into her ear. Allen gets up silently, slips Mulan in our straight-from-the-nineties TV, and disappears into the kitchen. He emerges a few minutes later with a cup of cocoa.

Moving to the couch, I place Melody on my lap and reach out eagerly for the chocolate. I used to like it scalding hot, but muted it down so I could be by Melody without the risk of spilling it on her.

"You're a good mother too, you know that?"

"Yeah, but I could hear it more."

He laughs and I lean in close to him, placing Melody- already captured by the whirring sound of the VHS player- in between us.

We're only on the part where Mulan is about to get transformed into a man when my phone vibrates. I hand Melody to Allen and slip it out of my pocket, presuming it to be Emmett or my Mom.

The phone says a name I never thought I'd see again.

Hakan, my ex-boyfriend and Melody's biological father.

"Oh- Melody, cover your ears- shit."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 pm
Sunshine says...

Emmett

I was absolutely drowning in Introductory Physics and I've never had so much fun.

Introductory Physics at Harvard was like Honors Physics at any other college, and the was probably the hardest thing I'd ever done in my life. I loved the challenge, and I soaked up having three hours of Homework from Professor Cowley for, as he put it, "Being stupid enough to take my class, you must be brave enough to do my homework." He was the best professor here, and that's saying something. It was so nice to be in a place that took education so seriously, even if it was incredibly competitive.

"Emmett Lopez, are you still doing your Physics homework?"

"Same answer I gave you thirty minutes ago. Yes. Absolutely. Of course."

Mia shoves her body in-between me and my laptop, shoving her tiny self between the chair and the desk. "You go home tomorrow! Your girlfriend is coming home tomorrow! Why don't you get yourself ready for it by going to the par-tay?"

Okay, so maybe everyone doesn't take education as seriously as I'd like. They are teenagers and twenty-somethings.

"Again," I peer around her body, "same answer I gave you thirty minutes ago. I don't do parties."

Mia was the girlfriend of my roommate when I got here. They broke up six months ago but with their 'pact of friendship' and her liking for myself and our other roomie, she still hangs around just as much- if not more- as she did when she was dating Richard.

"I know that, but you promised me that you'd go to this one or Jamie's party during break. And I know you don't want to go to Jamie's...."

"I'll go to Jamie's if you leave me alone.... Mia, you're my friend, but there isn't anyway you're make me miss Jane coming off the plane tomorrow."

Mia flouts a pout that could make President Obama fall to her knew and do whatever she wants; that pout could prove mountains, which is why Mia is going in for Political Science. I waver a bit, which is just what Mia wants. Wavering means she's won just enough to leave you alone.

"You are such a good boyfriend." She pushes my rolling chair away from my desk. "Shame that makes you such a terrible friend. I'll go find Mickey. English Majors aren't nearly as dedicated. Chow!"

She dances away from me, bursting into the bathroom we share with another trio, leaving me to sigh in relief. Mickey was our other roommate, who was most certainly showering for said party at this moment, would be a much better companion.

"Oi!" Mickey shouts. "Crazy woman!"

Mia most certainly was tapping on Mickey's shower curtain, and I try to contain my laughter as I formulate gravity. Mickey should have learned his lesson by now- Mia was fearless, so lock the door.

Harvard was much more chaotic then I thought it would be, but its a new kind of chaos, a good kind of chaos. Everyone here understands me. Mia is crazy, Mickey smuggles his Pokémon trading cards around, and Mia's ex Richard has a crush on Amy Pond. I feel like Jane does in Germany; I feel at home.

"I'll stop when you agree to go to the party!"

"Woman! Fine, leave me alone!"

Mia turns around. "See, Emmett! Told you he would!"

"I never doubted you."

It is with a smile I drive to the airport. Mickey and Mia had fun at the party and came back sober and not hooked up. ("She's pretty dude, but crazy isn't my type.) Apparently, Richard's new girlfriend climbed on top of an outhouse when she was drunk, and Mia's laugh could be heard throughout the boy's dorm.

I pull into park. It's been six months since I saw her- she came for a short break, but we couldn't do much. I miss her with every ounce of my body. I've been so good for her, and I know she's been good for me. I climb out of the car as the plane starts to land, and time tells me it's her plane.

I run through the gates, spying her through the mass of people. She doesn't see me, so I wait until she does.

"Emmett!" She shouts, running towards me, launching me back into a hug.

"Jane!"

And I am complete again.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

267 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm
Nike says...

Jane Wills

Seeing Emmett again. Oh My God. My heart couldn't stop swelling. Tears started to prickle down my cheeks as I ran up to him, hugging him as tightly as I possibly could. You didn't know how much I loved him. It was amazing.

"I've missed you Janey." he whispered into my ear.

His voice just made my skin grow goosebumps. In this loud and obnoxious airport, all I heard and saw was Emmett.

"I've missed you too Emmett." I didn't notice how much until now.

I opened my eyes, not realizing they were closed. Behind Emmett, I saw Oliver giving me a look. He was staring at us. But before I could pull away from Emmett and get rid of that guilty feeling down at the pit of my stomach, he walked away to somewhere. Some how, Oliver was hurt.

"I'm sure you're tired, want me to take you home?" Emmett asked, all his attention on me.

I was so lucky to have him. It made me hurt. Everything hurt. Being without him was the worst thing, but I loved being there. If only we could be there together. Be anywhere just together.

"I don't want to go home." I said, unsure of what just came out of my mouth. "I mean, I want to see my parents, maybe they'll love me again... but, I don't want to be here Emm." I admitted.

He was thinking, unsure of what I just said. Maybe it was the jet lag. Or maybe the whole trip just made me crazy, or rather, sound crazy. I have to go to Columbia. I need college. I need school. This is the only way to start my life... even though I could do that in Europe or anywhere else.

"Why don't I take you to your parents and you wash up, and then I'll take you for dinner?" he suggested.

"Yeah," I nodded.

Holding my hand, we walked out of the airport.

William Franco

The flight was boring and long. I hated it. I hated the fact that I was here. Damn you Connecticut. Damn you Harmony. Why did you even have to exist?!

Everyone was bustling around, the airport oh too loud. It made my ears hurt. I looked for my luggage, pulled it off the belt, and found my way to the exit. I called up Chris to get me so all I had to do was look for him. You don't know how badly I dreaded this place. You really don't.

As I sat on a bench and waited, I looked at the exits. That's when I saw a familiar face and almost choked on my own saliva. Lena.

She was with this girl, pretty and European. Lena didn't look too happy to be back as well. Befoe I knew it, I ducked my head and ooked at my phone, I didn't want her to see me, it'd make her angry and stuff. My phrasing needs some work. I called up Chris.

"Aye man, where are you?" I asked once he answered.

"Almost there, walking up to your exit right..." and then he trailed off. I looked up and saw him staring at Lena. She did the same. Then, out of nowhere came the smiles and hugs. She introduced him to her freind and then came the questions. Lena looked around and spotted me, her smile fading. I guess he told her he was picking me up. He followed her gaze and saw me, waving me over. It'd be stupid not to get up, and very cowardly.

Hanging up on my phone, I put it away and walked up to them, luggage in tow. I really didn't want to see her again, it made my body hurt just thinking about it. As I got closer, I saw her friend eyeing me. If I could, I would, but I can't, so I shan't.

"Will, so long!" Chris said once I reached them.

"Yeah man," I hugged him.

Once we pulled away, I gave both the girls a smile. Her friend giggled slightly and Lena looked at her, hiding her shock.

"Hey Lena and...?"

"Elise," the girl said with a sort of accent.

"Elise," I repeated.

She giggled again, looking away from me. I could tell Lena was not enjoying this by the look in her eyes. Swallowing hard, I stared off at the airport, watching people hugging their family, friends. So happy.

"So, since we're all here together, why don't we grab a lunch?" Chris suggested.

The thought of that made me want to throw up, but I smiled anyway.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
Time for daddy Allen!

Allen

Melody. Melody. Melody.

My beautiful Melody.

And I never left her anywhere. You could stare at her every second, and not getting tired of it. Well, I haven't anyway. She was my world. And so was Lacey. Both of them were everything to me.

But when Lacey's face went dim and frustrated, almost flabbergasted by what she saw on the screen ID, my world went black. I had never seen Lacey like this. She was too fidgety. And Melody was getting annoyed.

"Mama!" she said, frowning.

"I'm sorry, sweetie." she said, cutting the call that was coming over and over again.

"Anything wrong?" I ask.

"No, its just... A number that's been trying to get through. Its a wrong number!" she said, her voice faking it.

"Well, it would be nice to pick up the call and let them know you're calling the wrong person. Do you want me to deal with this?"

"N-no! Uh, I'll just-be right back." she replied, and with that, she disappeared into our small room leaving me with Melody.

I stared at our apartment since there was nothing else to do as Melody was so mesmerized by Milan. She kept saying random words which I guess were baby talk that didn't make sense to me. So, I just grinned and looked around. We had our walls painted yellow, a nice color for a small family, if you ask me and little hangings on the wall here and there. The decorating was all Lacey's idea. And trust me, she couldn't have done it better.

Lacey comes out, pale. Okay, now there's something really wrong. I frown and look at the clock to see if its time for Melody to sleep so we could talk privately. With Melody around, breaking something or demanding for stuff, we couldn't even spend time so we decided this. Milan is over thankfully over at the correct time and I can see Melody slightly tipsy, her eyes closing every few seconds. I pick her up, rub her on the back as she puts her head on my shoulders.

"Goodnight, my pretty." I whisper and kiss her on the cheek.

I put in her cradle and see her sleeping soundly. Lacey's at the door of our room.

"Hey... Can I talk to you?" she asks, with her hands in her jean pocket.

"Now, you can." I tell her, smiling and we make ourselves to the couch. I put an arm around her, and pull her into a gentle kiss. She smiles but not a genuine one.

"So... You deal with that call alright?" I ask.

She shakes her head and looks at the blank screen of the t.v. and stares back at me. Her eyes are swelling up hot tears and she's trying hard like a mother to push them back. I wrap my arms around her, motioning my fingers through her hair. I kiss her on the forehead.

"Are you okay? What's up?" I pose the question, seriously worried now.

"Hakan. It was... Hakan." she spoke.

I didn't know what say. That son of a bitch. I mean, how dare he after at what state he left Lacey in! And after her birth, he calls. A real gentlemen.

"What the..."

"He got to know about the birth of Melody and wants to meet her. Damn it, why now?" she said, crying a little.

"Shh. It'll be alright. We'll get him to meet her if its okay with you." I tell her. I didn't want to be one of those obsessed boyfriends who wouldn't allow their girlfriends to go meet their ex. I trusted Lacey. Every bit of my heart did.

"Its just not right. What if he gets too close with Melody? She could come to hate you."

"How is that possible after she gets to know that Hakan didn't even care when you were pregnant and I was the hero dad?" I say, joking.

She chuckles but its back to that serious air again. "What do I do?" She looks at me.

I sigh. "You need rest. We'll talk about it tomorrow."

And then, we were off to bed.
I woke up a little late in the morning with Lacey beside me. She didn't go to work after all the crying and shock that Hakan had called her after a long time. I felt all the anger surge up inside me. How dare he call Lacey after what happened? I just couldn't believe fools like him would even make a step like that. Who does he think he is?

I turn on the bed to Lacey. She sleeping, so calmly that it makes me wrap my arms around her. She opens her eyes slightly and catches hold of my arms. We kiss a small one.

"Good morning." I tell her.

"Hakan..." is the first word she said that morning that it made me feel really jealous.

"He'll never get Melody, Lacey. Just one glance, that's all."

Her eyes are heavy which gives me a sign that she should sleep more. I push back her hair and let herself take her to another world of wonderfulness. I get off bed and make my way to make coffee.

Lena

Fuck you, Elise. This is all your fault.

I'm in Chris's car, with Will in the front seat. Damn it, I had been so sure that I wouldn't come across any of them. And as soon as I saw Will, I started getting all the damn butterflies. Elise grabbed my hand and smiled.

"Is that the Will you told me earlier about?" she whispered to me and I just stupidly nod that this whole trip is a stupid idea now that we're going for lunch.

"And that's your ex-boyfriend Chris. He seems pretty nice after what happened." she commented again.

"Shut up, Elise. I'm in no mood." I tell her and she frowns.

"Can you quit being so pessimistic?"

"This was your idea. I never wanted to meet Will or Chris. Then why are you doing this to me? And why did Will have to travel to Connecticut on the same day that we did?!"

The car comes to a stop. We're at our favorite restaurant. The exact same one when we used to be best friends and come here and eat our butts off. Elise gets excited.

"We're here, ladies." Chris says, taking Elise's hand as she giggles. He smiles. I roll my eyes. Oh god, he's not changed a bit.

I'm so full that I can't take one more chicken wings. I just can't. I've been on a healthy diet in Switzerland and all of a sudden eating the heavy food here. I try my best to not look at Will. But its not helping. My eyes just move forward and boom! Stare. Stare. Stare. And those butterflies just haven't got enough.

We're done eating and we've had a few good laughs but not big ones to enjoy it thoroughly. I tell them, I got to go meet mom now. That was supposed to happen first but since Chris had invited us, I thought I'd let it go. So, Chris drove me and Elise home and we said our byes there.

I rang the doorbell. Then there's this huge party where everyone I know(well, almost) comes out and gives me this huge hug. I'm almost lost for words.

"Welcome back!" I hear so many people telling me. Elise is shocked by the popularity I was getting. I grab her inside and stop at the midway. There she was. My mother. After a year.

Her eyes are swelling up and she pulls me into a mother-daughter-gone-long-ago hug. I'm crying too and so is Elise, because we were crying and then joined more people it was so weird.

"Oh my gosh, look at you. All slimmed down and healthy looking. Switzerland was the right place for you?" she asks.

"I guess." I smile and kiss her on the cheek. Then I move on to introduce Elise. "Mom, this is Elise. My best friend. Elise, meet mom. "

They smile a warm one at each other. This house. Somewhere inside me told I was glad to be back home. Home was where the heart was. And now, is when I understood that one lousy line.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:11 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"He should be there soon." Ashton says from my phone. I wipe my hands on a kitchen towel and sigh. Whats taking him so long then? I was really nervous...but ready to face things with my big girl pants on. What if...what if he just punked out? What if after Ashton told him that he had kids he just decided that we...just weren't worth it? Suddenly I hear the doorbell ring and sigh in relief and then thank and hang up on Ashton. All of that thinking will just ad stress lines.

At the door i'm met by slumped shoulders and a cocky smirk. Both of those traits contradict each other but i've grown used to them. I hug Leo tightly and the quietly invite him in. Colton and Caitlyn are taking their naps and I want to keep it as quiet as I can, for as long as I can.

"So," Leo says whispering while taking a look at the room "what type of designs are you hoping for today V?" Leo asks looking around the room, and calling me my nickname.

"Eh, I was thinking something to really bring about peace of mind and everything. Like a large yin and yang print on the wall, and a meditation/yoga room filled with incense and a nice cool blue color. Try to also add in some built in speakers to the ceiling. You can keep Cait and Colt's room the same, they like it that way. I also wanna minimilize and add in more glass to the place. So like glass decorations on the windowsill, and you can get rid of just all of the furniture and replace it with all white couches and such. Oh also and all white floor. And..."I sigh "thats all I can think of right now to be honest." And then I plop on the navy blue ikea couch i own now.

I watch as Leo takes notes of everything I just said, putting it all on his galaxy note tablet thingy. When he finishes he stares at me, not with pity, but in his usual analytical stare.

"You need some wine, don't you?" he asks in his usual calm and quiet voice, now taking off his shoes and getting comfortable since the business part of our meeting is over. I nod my head slowly, and massage my head to ward away the oncoming migraine. I've been getting migraines and really bad stomachaches since Tristan and Will have left. The only one who actually knows about them is Leo. He walks back into the living room with two glasses of wine and turns on the television. I almost moan as I drink half of the glass. Its so smooth and rich. Almost like Leo's low and almost melodic baritone. I scooch next to him and lay my head on his shoulder, and he puts his arm around me. And thats it. We don't kiss or anything. We just sit and relax and watch the Godfather. When the movie is over I tell him about everything going on. About Will and my secrets and my guilt and everything. All he does is nod when he's supposed to. And thats what I love. He doesn't try to offer any advice, nor does he try to pity me. He just truly listens, and sometimes when he has an opinion, which isn't often, he'll give it. Today is one of those rare days when he does.

"I don't think that you should have kept this from him. They need a father Avery. I can play for a stand in for a long time. But they need to know their actual father. And shit, he has to know that he's a father." he begins combing his hand throughout my hair. I sigh, and nuzzle closer to him.

"I just wanna be a good mom to them Leo. But they deserve so much more than just me at my best. And... That's all I can give them. From what Ashton was telling me Leo... Will doesn't want to be a dad. He probably wouldn't even be a good one at that. But I understand your point. He deserves to know anyways. I... Just hate him though. For not caring enough about me to check in. I just... I hate him so much." I feel hot tears sliding down my face. Leo kisses my forehead.

"I'll wait here with you for him. I'll be here the whole time for you. I promise Avery" He says and then he's quiet while we wait and watch independent movies. Now I should probably explain our relationship, not that it's anyone's business. Leo and I... We're best friends. Literally, there's is nothing but friendship in this relationship. We cuddle when one of us just needs the companionship, and we've kissed numerous times. And yeah I get that warm feeling but... He's not Will. And it's so strange. Even though I hate Will, I love him. So I'm not gonna put Leo in the same position that I put Tristan in last year, where I love Will, but I'm still dating the other guy. It's not fair. So until I get closure with Will... I just won't be with Leo.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 pm
Hearts says...

Spoiler! :
First post for Elise, this might be short.

Elise Smith

Lena's mom was cool and the most beautiful, old looking mom. I was kind of feeling guilty for the way Lena was reacting to all of this. I know its been hard on her but I wanted to get to know her past more. I wanted to stand against for what came through. She's been through a lot. I wanted to be right next to her, like a best friend should be when she didn't have one.

Her house had the most comfortable bed. Especially her's. It was the next morning and I was ready to explore Connecticut. Lena was not, she told me she's just going to sit home with her mom and have some good, fond memories with her. I shrug and tell her, I'm taking her car.

So, here I am. Being a complete shopaholic and searching for camera lens. I don't know what to take. This gorgeous red skirt or this black top. I just wished Lena was here, she always had her mind fixed and knew what looked best on me.

"May I help you, ma'am?" a young girl of maybe 20, asks me.

"Oh. Yes, please. I don't know what to pick." I tell her, showing her the skirt and top.

She smiles. "Oh, that's one problem all ladies like you face. Why don't you try both on and pick both? Those two go great together!"

"I don't know... They seem quite expensive." I tell her, unsure. Lena had particularly told me not to spend a lot of money. Especially, now that I have to search for a new camera too.

But she was encouraging. "No, ma'am. Buying only one of those will make you regret it sooner or later. You'll look lovely!"

And so, I swiped my credit card. Yes, I ended up buying both of them. You see? I could never have a fixed schedule. It was hard. I walk up in the front, admiring all the shops on the street. There was even street coffee so, I decided to get one of those.

"A Cappuccino, please." I tell the guy, and he gives one of those instant ones. It was kind of cheap too, compared to Switzerland.

As soon as I turn, I hit a guy and drop all the cappuccino onto his shirt. My eyes widen. He was so hot. And he was wearing this white t-shirt, it made it look like he had felt over a dirt puddle. He gives me one of those glares.

"Can't you see where you're going?" he asks. I'm just standing there, dumbfounded. "Earth to lady?" he snaps his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Oh, I'm so, so sorry about that! Let me get a tissue!" I exclaim and turn around to the guy who I got my cappuccino from for support. I raise my eyebrows at him for a tissue.

"Sorry, ma'am. We haven't got one of those from here." he says and I turn to look at the white shirt guy.

"Where are you from anywhere? You don't look like you're from here, anyway." he spoke, in a tone which meant he was seriously annoyed. "You going to pay up for this shirt or not?"

I shake my head a little. I couldn't believe this. I only had the money to buy lens now. But I had to let it go. I nod a little. He waits and its so weird. So, I had over him the money. He laughs.

"God, aren't you the decent one." he says, chuckling. Okay, I'm seriously missing something here.

"Um... I just wanted to say I'm really sorry. It was a good t-shirt." I spoke, obviously trembling while talking to him.

He smiles. "I'll catch you later. I need to put this for washing." and he walks off. I didn't even get his name!

"Hey, what's your name?" I shout out.

Spoiler! :
This guy can be anyone.
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”-Marilyn Monroe

267 Reviews

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:13 pm
Nike says...

William Franco

I had just woken up at my first day back. Since I had sold my apartment, I was at my Uncle's place. He went to work around five so when I woke up, the house was peaceful. Except for his German Shepard, Roxy.

"Dude, stop with the licking." I laughed as the dog slobbered my face.

Opening my eyes, I saw her wagging her tail and staring at me from above me. Yes, she manged to jump on the bed and stand over me. She's the cutest dog. Scratching the back of her ears, I got up and went to the bathroom.

I had to take care of this stuff right away, just so I could leave quickly. The only thing keeping here is my uncle and Chris.

Once I was in the kitchen of his bi-level house, I turned on the coffee maker, smelling the beans in the air. He got his coffee straight from this guy who searched for them all over the world. So, these coffee beans were fresh, never sold in stores. Picked by my Uncle's friend Hayley. Yup, dude with girl name. I like it though. I know I shouldn't waste all the coffee on myself, but he has a five pound bag of it in the garage.

I heard Roxy start to bark from upstairs, my 'bedroom' for now. I let her, she is a police dog anyway. Freedom to barking dogs!

"Hey, Roxy!" she sopped for a moment to listen to me. "Calm down, okay? Come here." I smiled.

Just as I said this, I heard her paws going down the four-stair flight of stairs. She was behind me, watching me eating a pancake. My uncle made them for himself and left me some. I handed one to Roxy and she ate it in less than a minute.

"Good girl, but you'll be a fatty." I pet her head, watching her smile.

I rang the doorbell to the house. I got the address from Chris, so I hope I'm at the right place. A second later, the door opened showing a glowing Avery. Once I saw her, all I wanted to do was run away. Mostly due to the fact of the baby girl in her arms.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hey Will," Avery said. "Come in," she was strangely happy.

Walking in, I saw a family home. You know, baby toys, safety locks, baby music. Such weirdness, it made me uncomfortable.

"So, what happened that was so important that I had to leave Cali?" I asked, shutting the front door behind her.

"Well," She looked at the baby for a moment who looked frightened. "Oh, this is Caitlyn. This is Will." she smiled at the baby.

Just a beat later, I saw a guy walk in from what I think was the kitchen, judging by the counter tops I saw through the entryway. He was tall, and handsome. Even I could admit it. There was a soft, inviting smile on his face, making me a little jealous. But I pushed that aside and smiled back. Avery turned her head and spotted him.

"Hey, you must be William, am I correct?' he stuck his hand out for me to shake. A gentleman.

Shaking it, I replied. "Yes, and you are?"

"Leo, Ave's... friend."

"Nice,"

From right off the bat, he seemed a better father than I could ever be. Ever.

"Right, Will, can we go to the kitchen? I got to show you some things." Avery said in a hurry.

"I'll take Caitlyn." Leo offered.

With a smile, she handed her to him and I followed her. The kitchen was the same family house feel. Baby food on the kitchen island. Two baby seats. Two. I only saw one baby. Swallowing hard, I sat down across from her by the kitchen table. There were some folders on the table, and pictures. Of babies. Of Avery with the babies. Leo and Avery with the babies.

"DNA test," I blurted out. "We are taking a DNA test Avery." I looked at her straight into her terrified eyes.

She didn't say anything for a second as she pulled a paper out of a folder and handed it to me.

"There they are," she said softly.

Looking at them, I saw my name under father.

"How could you have taken a test without, I don't know, my DNA? Did you secretly hold a piece of my hair or something to take the test?" I asked, a little angry.

She was silent, unsure.

"Exactly. Now, let's take a real test Ave. And it'll show that I am not the father of these children!"

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:33 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

I shake my head looking incredulously at Will. "No, we are not going to take another DNA test will. I had a left over brush that you had left in my room last year. There wasn't any sneaking or anything of the sort. You impregnated me in California Will. You were the only one I had slept with then. And...and the fact that you would say tha-" I'm cut off by sharp pains in my stomach. I drop down to my knees and begin to go into fetal position, while Leo rushes towards me (I guess that he was done putting Caitlyn into her crib) and drops down beside me. I take large heaving breaths while the pains slowly start from being sharp stabbing pains, to small jabbing ones. I finally hear Leo whispering nervously into my ear.

"Ave...count to five. Please, count to five. I know that you don't want to go back to the hospital, so count to five." Leo commands softly, while I do just that, slowly counting to five in my head. Leo helps me into the couch soon and then rushes off to get me my pills and gingerale. All the while Will stares at me with his jaw on the ground.

"Wha...what just happened?" Will asks quietly.

"She had another attack. While she was pregnant with Colton and Caitlyn she was found to have tumors in her liver, heart, and brain. Their all benign, so she won't die of cancer anytime soon, but when her heart gets too excited and her blood starts pumping really fast it accelerates the growth in the tumors. Meaning the more excited she gets on a regular basis, the more likely the tumors will grow larger, the more likely she'll get cancer, and the more likely she'll die." Leo says it all clinically and detachedly. In his head, i know that he's a mess, but on the outside he's the picture of calm.

"Ave...how long have you known about this?" Will asks quietly.

"Since...my first...checkup...when I was pregnant." I keep stopping to breath since I feel so weak.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Will asks weakly.

"You wouldn't... have cared. You were...off...living your own life." I say quietly. "I'm sorry you... had to see...that. I try...to stay strong...in front of Colt and Cait..."I trail off looking down. Leo brushes some hair from my face.

"Be quiet now. You have to get to sleep Ave. I'll fill Will in on everything he needs to know. I just really, really need you to relax." Leo says, his voice cracking towards the end. I nod, not willing to fight at the moment, just wanting to get some rest.

"Make sure that you...feed Colt and Cait when they wake up."I say, and then proceed to pass out.

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing