Reviews: 170
Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

*revised copy*

Prince:

Name: Rhay-Runi-Yowa or “Rhay”

Kingdom: Draconia

Interests/Hobbies: Poetry, riding his dragon, Mee-on-thulth.

Personality: He’s quiet and afraid. He’s had depression for a long time and the only thing that can help his mood is riding Mee-on-thulth. He hides how he feels by putting on a brave smile and appearing to be normal around everyone, when inside, he feels like crying. Even when he’s around other people and is “smiling” he barely ever talks, afraid to give them clues he’s depressed. Nobody, not even his parents know he’s depressed, and he won’t let anyone figure it out.
He told himself that he would never get married, so he wouldn’t hurt anyone with his feelings, and the thought of being forced is impossible to comprehend. This is all a dream to him, as if he could snap his fingers and wake up. He will ask his parents to decide his bride for him, he doesn’t want to have to choose.

Appearance: He’s a small boy, 5’6 and no muscle mass. He sees his sister, Kana, and wants to be just like her, strong and independent. He has flaxen hair, pale skin, and icy blue eyes full of fear. He wears loose clothing, mostly dark colored shirts with contrasting sashes, plain and dark britches, and comfortable sandals. He carries no sword, preferring a small dagger, not that he would use it anyway.

Other: He is constantly writing poetry.
Last edited by yubbies21 on Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beep

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri May 17, 2013 11:22 am
KatKage says...

Sorry!!! <u>''' *Forgot to mention her Mom turns of the internet at random, and she might have to post tommorow morning o3o''*

Anyway, I have the profile!! XD I hope it's not too long >u>''' And I hope ya'll like it!! XD

(Also, later today I'll upload a picture I sketched as well just incase you can't envision how her hair looks :3)

Name: Kana

Kingdom: Draconia

Interests/Hobbies: Her most favorite thing to do is to roam around the mountains. Whenever she can she goes exploring around her mountainous home, climbing in the forests to the tops of the trees and see for miles. She used to do this more with her siblings when they were all really young, but now she mostly does so alone, her only companions the surrounding wildlife. She loves exploring and just taking in the views, and no matter how many times she goes out it always is exciting and always is breathtaking.
She loves animals, though never keeps any as pets. (One time she raised a few wild fox kits she found abandoned. The same with a litter of 3 small dragons (Miko, Neeya, and Roken), which often accompany her on her adventures. (By now they're young adults and are just about big enough to ride, although it's not like she keeps them with her at all times. They come and go as they please, although they still look to her as their mother of sorts and promise to come whenever she calls.))
Besides spending her time roaming nature, she also loves to practice martial arts and her swords. She carries around what at first is one curved Katana, but it can split into twin blades which she is well practiced in. She loves to train her body, making what yesterday seemed so hard to accomplish easy to do today. Although she is also skilled in kunai throwing knives, shirikin, and hand to hand combat, she prefers her swords above all else.
One of her favorite things to do, and one of the things she hold most sacred, is play her violin. Not many people in the palace she lives in knows how to play instruments besides a few of the musicians, and they usually only have more local/cultural instruments. She got her violin from her favorite tutor, a man from Yililia, who had stayed with the family as a guest for a couple of months when she was 11. They talked often and on many things, and one day she walked in as he was playing the violin. She was entranced by how beautiful it sounded and immediately wanted to make such beauty herself. He taught her well, and even after he had moved on she practiced more and more until she practically became a master at it.
Her sacred thing is going out to a high cliffs edge, or perhaps atop the highest tree she can climb, and just close her eyes and start playing. She just goes into the trance where she produces music like she does breath. The tunes range from happy and energetic to slow and bittersweet. It feels like she's contributing to nature. Doing this is almost on par with roaming the forests, and she wants to do it forever. (She never plays for people though, even her family, only playing when she's alone (but she also plays sometimes when her dragons or other animals are around.))

Personality: Despite her calm expressions, she is an extreme tomboy and prefers to be out in nature/the mud than inside and learning about lady-like things. She is extremely adventurous and curious, always climbing around on her own if not with her siblings (mostly when they were younger though. Now a days she goes by herself).
As mentioned earlier, she doesn't like 'lady-like' things. On occasion they'd have tutors from outside the country who tried to teach her to be more 'princess-like' but she always hated it and escaped out into the forests whenever she could. She hates being restricted into skirts or dresses and prefers freedom to 'lady-like' or 'proper' behavior. It's not like she throws tantrums about it or anything like that, but she really does hate it and tries her best to escape such things.
She is well learned, and actually really intelligent, although not particularly scholar material. She prefers to think on life and philosophy not in a classroom but when she's out on her own in the mountains.
She used to be quite the trouble maker when she was younger, switching between her seemingly calm behavior to a reckless prankster. Although the prankster side of her has become a little more tempered as her content-ness with life has taken charge of her day to day behavior, it doesn't/wouldn't take much to bring it back to the front and release the energetic demon she can be.
Although she can hold conversation, and actually has alot of interesting things to talk about, it seems she doesn't talk too much to others. Most likely this is mostly because people almost never approach her first. With that serene look on her face people tend to avoid talking to her (Perhaps she looks too content, yeah? <u>'' *doesn't know why people do that, but they do <u>''*) Besides, it's not like she gets many visitors from the surrounding villages. She's mostly alone (besides her family, of course) (but perhaps she secretly hopes one day to have a human companion to talk with and go on adventures with.)
She doesn't get angry often, and is actually pretty patient. But when someone she knows is being threatened or someone out there is just spouting such nonsense (especially if: it's about people she knows, if it's something so wrong and backwards that she could never let it slide, or if they're harming someone in the process.) Her face gets all deadly serious and she gets really quiet, and although she may try not to at first, she often goes straight for her swords and faces the person head on. Although she doesn't like unleashing this side of herself, she can be incredibly deadly (not that she'd ever kill anyone. Nor cripple them unless necessary) and extremely scary. (She had to do so once when a foreign hunter came and tried to take the three baby dragons she was caring for when they were still small. She eventually chased him away and she's never seen a hunter in that part of the forest again.)
Her favorite things in the entire world are the mountains she grew up in and her family (family, which when she says it means her blood family and also close friends, although that would mostly mean the three dragons she raised and some of the animals that are dearest to her). She truly doesn't want to leave either, and although she hasn't thought about the engagements much recently to avoid becoming upset over them, she's really sad/angry that either her or her sister has to leave. Perhaps if pushed too far, she's start to oppose it much more aggressively. Or maybe she's already made up her mind. (*shrugs* We'll have to see >u>)
On marriage. . . the idea frightens her <u> Don't get her wrong: She's good with the idea of marriage and perhaps one day would settle with someone if the right person came along. . . but marrying anytime soon scares her witless. Tis not like she trembles and wets herself, but whenever her marrying someone comes up in conversation she gets quiet as her smile freezes in place and her face gets all red, and she immediately tries to escape. Literally. (One time she started climbing out a 4 story window just to get away.)
Tis unclear if this is because she doesn't want to settle down anytime soon, because she doesn't want to be restricted, or if maybe because she thinks that no one will want her because of how odd she is . Most likely it's a combination of all three. (We'll just have to see >u>)
(Tis like, she knows she's odd, and she's completely fine with it (she's loves it o3o) but she knows that others, especially guys her age, would think it weird. She usually doesn't care what others think, but knows it would make a guy uncomfortable to be paired with her.)
And don't even mention the word children. She loves little kids, but the thought of having her own freaks her out almost more so than with marriage.

Appearance: She has really shiny, dark brown (nearly black) hair. It's really short all around her head, each strand about 2 1/2 inches long and slightly curled except for one small area at the base of her hair in the back of the neck, where she has a straight, long, thin ponytail that reaches three-quarters down her back. She stands at about 5'8'', and is leaning towards the thin side. Although she does have muscle, it isn't overly obvious. She's extremely agile and more flexible than immensely strong, but she does have strength (years of climbing around the mountains, you know? :3).
Her eyes are a warm/inviting brown color, but also are mischievously energetic. Her expression is most usually one of calm attentiveness, and when she is at home/peace it is of calm content. It can be very serene when she's especially calm or just really tired. If she's experiencing something new/interesting/is exploring it's one of excited wonder and awe.
She usually wears long pants that open really wide at the bottom (Billowing? <u> Is that the word? <u> (ever see Rurouni Kenshin? Tis like the pants Kenshin wears <u>)) that reach halfway down her calf. She also usually wears either also billowy shirts that tuck into her pants and have long/wide sleeves with a V-neck style (without showing off anything <u>'') or really tight shirts with no sleeves at all with collars that go up her neck. She also prefers to wear (the Japanese style) socks with sandals. She wears her sword strapped across her back, and her violin the same way but diagonally opposite when she takes it with her (Not that she always has it with her).

Other: She carries around a tiny and thin silver/crystal whistle which her three baby dragons gave her, to call them if she ever needed them. She tries not to use it too much, since she doesn't want to treat them like pets, but if she feels lonely or is in a certain adventurous mood she calls them. It hangs from a cord around her neck which she keeps in her shirt. (It's on the outside when the shirt is the tight kind.)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

170 Reviews

Sun May 19, 2013 5:11 am
yubbies21 says...

Aris - Princess of Yililia

Spoiler! :
We are starting!

Her vision narrowed to a pinprick, sizing up the miniscule target painted onto the tree. She drew back the string, raising the bow into a perfect stance. Twang! Bull's-eye!

Aris grinned, repeating the motion's again and again, perfecting her skills. No one knew about her secret skill, not even her family. Of course, any Queen would be horrified to know that her seemingly prim and proper princess was off in the muck and grime of the forest, honing her archery skills. Aris did not care what her mother thought; archery was her passion, and she would practice no matter what.

The soft green hem of her dress dragged along the ground as she sprinted back towards the palace; it was late and she was soon expected for a flute lesson, another one of Aris's hobbies. The enchanting sounds wafted out of her window and over the sea, eerily calling the salty waves to wash ever nearer.

The palace appeared, right on the edge of the sea. She raced up a small flight of stairs that ran outside the castle's white-washed walls. The staircase ended at a knotty wooden door, one that the servants used. Above the door were hidden handholds that rose directly up to her window looking onto the sea. Aris hiked her dress up to her knees and pulled herself up the door and onto the small ledge. She could climb just as well as her brother, maybe even better. Hand and foothold were staggered in symmetrical patterns where the bricks were slightly tilted in the structure. Griping her window sill tightly, knuckles white, she heaved herself up and over the final ledge, tumbling onto the floor.

Thump! Thump! Thump! It was the ominous sound of her music teachers' footsteps echoing up the curved staircase. Aris glanced down at her dress. The hem was filthy and torn. If her music teacher saw her ruined dress, she would know the princess had been somewhere she shouldn't have been. Aris threw the dirty dress off and slung it into an obscure corner. She frantically pulled an ocean blue frock over her head of long red curls. Un-tucking her hair, she slipped on sandals and laced up the front of her dress. The music teacher burst into the room just as Aris finished. Aris smiled sweetly, crinkling her nose slightly.

Reaching for the silver flute that lay on her dressing table, Aris caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She looked grown-up, not like the innocent child she used to be. Her red hair flamed courageously and grey eyes held pools of wisdom. A curvy figure symbolized adult-hood was rearing its head. Aris smiled as she recognized the young woman she was growing into.

The music teacher taught her new song, a slow entrancing number that filled her whole world with the quiet melodies of harmless whispers. It rang clearly, bouncing off the walls and echoing down the spiral staircase so she could not hear the sound of a servant's footsteps coming closer. The door squeaked open, and Aris paused in her song, listening to what the servant had to say. "Your presence is required in the court room."

The music teacher grouchily agreed that she had to go, but made Aris promise to practice for an extra hour that night. Aris hurriedly agreed and zipped out the door in a very un-lady like fashion, swirling down the spiral railing on her staircase. Skipping into the courtroom, she found it full of court dignitaries, lords and nobleman, and the royal family. She daintily walked to where her brother, August was standing. He nodded hello as she stood beside him. They had no time for a conversation because the king had begun to speak.

"As you all know, the war with the other Kingdoms has recently ended in a truce. We signed a treaty with the other kingdoms, promising to never go to war again. However, this treaty will not stand as it is. We must seal it with blood." People in the room gasped and the Princess of Yililia's face paled, realizing what that meant. "If the royal families marry into each other, no kingdom will attack another, fearing they will hurt their own flesh and blood. There will be a ball in Bryni where the Kings and Queens of the Kingdoms will arrange marriages between the kingdom's future heirs."

The King continued speaking, but Aris heard nothing of what else was said. It meant her future was set in stone. She, being the princess would marry a foreign prince and live in his Kingdom for the rest of her life. I don't want to get married! I'm only sixteen! A terrifying thought entered her mind. I don't want to have kids! At that moment, Aris bolted from the room, not caring what anyone thought, tearing up the stair well to her room.

Tears welled in her eyes as she locked her door from the inside and grabbed her flute, standing at her window facing the sea. Salty tears mingled with the ocean spray and haunting music. This cannot be happening...
beep

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 19, 2013 1:47 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jackson - Prince of Harrow

"Jackson!" The voice of my childhood nurse hissed.

"Your parents called for you half an hour ago," she said, grabbing hold of my ear and dragging me to my room, "Your sister and I have had to make excuses for you. Now look at you, covered in sand"

We entered my room and she pushed me onto the foot stool, ordering me to change as she threw a fresh pair of clothes at my feet. My nurse, who I call Lissy because as a child I couldn't say Allisia, is the only person outside of the royal family who can get away with treating me this way. After all, she's just like family, she raised me. Despite her graying hair and smile lines and my age, she claims she's not going anywhere until my children are having children.

Once I was changed, Lissy all but shoved me to the throne room, where my parents were perched on their thrones and court dignitaries, noblemen, lords, ladies in waiting, and my sister were scattered around the room.

Approaching my parents, I kneeled before them and apologized, "Mother, Father, I'm sorry I'm late."

"Jackson, Katrina," my father announced to the room. I stood and my sister came to my side

"As you all know, the war with the other Kingdoms has recently ended in a truce. We signed a treaty with the other kingdoms, promising to never go to war again. However, this treaty will not stand as it is. We must seal it with blood." My jaw tightened as I saw Katrina stiffen beside me, and we quickly found the comfort of holding each others hand tightly.

"If the royal families marry into each other," our mother continued, "no kingdom will attack another, fearing they will hurt their own flesh and blood. There will be a ball in Bryni where the Kings and Queens of the Kingdoms will arrange marriages between the kingdom's future heirs."

"Father, I don't-" I start, but am cut off by his powerful yell.

"This is not up for discussion, Jackson!"

Mother placed a hand on his, and he closed his eyes to calm down. Opening them, he continued in a strained voice, "You are the Crowned Prince and Princess. It is your duty to your country to do what is best for it."

Mother rose from her throne and approached us, placing one hand on my cheek and the other on Katrina's, "Children," she whispered so only we could hear, her eyes welling with tears, "Please don't fight us on this. We love you very much, but you must think about the good of Harrow, the good of our people. We have lost many men in this war, all the kingdoms have. This is the only way to save us all."

I grabbed her hand and held it in my own, placing a soft kiss on the top of her hand, "I'll do it."

I turned, still hand in hand with Katrina, and pulled her out of the throne room so we could pack and discuss in the privacy of our rooms.

"Jackson-" she began, but I cut her off by placing a finger to my lip, telling her to wait.

Lissy began to trail us, but I called back apologetically, "I must talk with my sister, dear Lissy, I will meet you in the library when we are finished."

After walking through the labyrinth that is this house, I opened the door to Katrina's room and held it for her, following her in.
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sun May 19, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Liv says...

August - Prince of Yililia

"As you all know, the war with the other Kingdoms has recently ended in a truce. We signed a treaty with the other kingdoms, promising to never go to war again. However, this treaty will not stand as it is. We must seal it with blood." People in the room gasped and my sister's face paled. "If the royal families marry into each other, no kingdom will attack another, fearing they will hurt their own flesh and blood. There will be a ball in Bryni where the Kings and Queens of the Kingdoms will arrange marriages between the kingdom's future heirs."

In a whirl of emotion and blue silk, Aris was off. Smoothing my green tunic, I bowed to my parents and said, "I have heard you Father and wish to speak with you in private after dinner, but if you'll excuse me I must find my sister."

Standing straight, I turned on the heel of my boot and went to find Aris, which wasn't hard because music flowed out of her room. I tried the door but it was locked, and knocking was to no avail because the music was too loud.

Checking the corrider and seeing no one was there, I slipped into the servant's hall and searched for the door to her room. As I walked, I spotted a girl who couldn't be older than sixteen.

"Excuse me," I called to her. Her brown eyes widened at the sight of me and she placed a hand over her mouth as I continued, "Where is the door to the Princess' room?"

She merely blinked.

I watched her and whispered, "I'm not going to hurt you, it's okay to talk to me."

She removed her hand from her mouth and said in a shakey voice, "Your Highness-"

"August. My name is August." I urged.

"Prince August, you should not be back here!" She said, looking down the hall with a worried expression.

"I know, I know, just point me to my sister's room and I'll be gone."

She pointed a pale finger towards a door, and I nodded, "Much thanks, miss."

I went over to the door and slid into my sister's room. Aris stood by the window, her haunting music sending chills down my spine. I scanned the room and spotted another flute on her desk. Despite the fact that it was probably her instructor's, I picked it up and brought it to my mouth, and matched her music.

She looked over at me with startled eyes but kept playing, and I shifted the music to something more up beat and began to do I small dance around her, gaining a laugh.

Placing the flute back on the desk, I went over to my sister and grabbed a lock of her bright hair, playing with it in my hand as I spoke, "You know, it may not be all that bad, marrying someone from another country. You never know, perhaps it's all a part of fate. Maybe you'll come to love him."

Her eyes welled with years and she whispered, "August, I don't want to marry, especially not someone from a foreign land. What if I don't like it in their country? And children, I don't want to have children, I'm sixteen! I love Yililia, I don't want to leave."

Giving a sympathetic smile, I wiped away her tears with my thumbs, "It's not like when we were young, Aris."

I laughed to myself at a memory and said, "It's not like we can marry each other, like we planned all those years ago."

That got a slight chuckle from her, and I enveloped her in a hug and spoke into her hair, "But even though I cannot marry you, I will always be here for my little sister, alright?"

She nodded into my chest, and I continued, "No one wants to marry someone they've never met. Do you think I'm happy about it? I'm a twenty year old man and will be marrying a girl of fifteen or sixteen, much too young for the world of married life, and she may resent me for it, for taking away what is supposed to be the best time of her life...." I had to stop, tears coming to my own eyes. Imagine being married to a woman who hates you.

Taking a deep breath, I whispered, "It's all a part of the bigger picture, Aris. This will stop the war, father's health will get better because he won't be stressed. And maybe, just maybe....it's meant to be."

Sucking in a breath, I grabbed Aris by the shoulders and pulled her back to see her face. With a smile, I urged, "Come, forget about your lesson. Let's go for a swim before dinner."
Last edited by Liv on Sun May 19, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

84 Reviews

Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

King Arthur and Queen Amelia of Draconia

"I don't know why we couldn't tell the children and the court at the same time. It would be much easier." King Arthur grumbled to his wife, walking to the library where his children were already waiting.

"You know how they all get on the topic of marriage, dear. Would you really want that scene in front of all the noblemen and lords?" Amelia said solemnly, knowing exactly what to say to get her husband to agree.

"I suppose, but I loathe doing this in the first place. These are our children, for goodness sake." The King muttered.

They were just coming from the Royal Court Room where they made the announcement that their children would be marrying into other kingdoms in a blood alliance. Many were shocked, but it was agreed that it was the best course of action.

The King and Queen entered the library, seeing their children gathered at one of the desks. The children looked up at their parents, and the couple was hit with a hundred questions.

"If you stop talking we'll tell you what's going on!" Arthur yelled, slightly vexed.

The reassuring hand of Amelia rest on his shoulder, and he calmed himself.

"Children, I need you all to listen carefully and not speak until I am finished. As you all know, the war with the other Kingdoms has ended in a truce. We signed a treaty with the other kingdoms, promising to never go to war again. However, this treaty will not stand as it is. We must seal it with blood." The children immediately began to shoot out questions and complaints, but were silenced when Amelia held up her hand signaling them to wait.

Amelia continued, "If the royal families marry into each other, no kingdom will attack another, fearing they will hurt their own flesh and blood. There will be a ball in Bryni where the Kings and Queens of the Kingdoms will arrange marriages between the kingdom's future heirs."

Arthur then piped in, "However, each of the other kingdoms have only one son and one daughter. So Rhay, you will be matched. But Blair, Kana....only one of you will be matched. Which one we do not know yet."
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Mon May 20, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
I'll post more tonight when I get home from work. I hope this is alright.

Royal Family of Bryni:

The king paced the room, hard soled boots making a dull thudding on the furs spread over the floor in his wife's sitting room.

The Queen sat in her chair placidly stitching a great rend in her husbands cloak.

“Fionn, Fionn please stop your pacing- you're going to wear a hole in the floor.” Her husband growled in reply and kept pacing, she could feel the emotions rolling off him like the waves from the ocean. Finally he stopped in front of her and burst out,

“Why?! Why do I have to give my children away?! There aren't cattle or beasts to be sold to my enemies!”

“Fionn!” Margery cried, “Fionn stop! That is uncalled for. You know quite well why we must do this.” standing she went to her husband and pulled his head to her shoulder- fingers tangling in his unruly curls, “Fionn, my Love, please try to understand.”
Sighing Fionn wrapped his strong arms about his wife,

“I do understand Margery.... I just don't like it. Birac is one thing, he's a man, he's going to stay here but.... But Cecily, I can't just give her away to some boy I know nothing of- she's a child!”

“Shh, Fionn I know but we must. To keep peace we must. Our children know this, we raised them to be prepared for this.” Cupping his craggy old cheek she softly kissed him, “And Arranged marriages are not so bad my love. We love one another- do we not?” Sighing heavily Fionn nodded.

“Yes, but it was different for us...”

“How?”

“You were older.”

“I was only seventeen- and you already a man.”

“But your father knew who I was, what I was like. I don't want to give Cecily to someone I know nothing of.... someone who will mistreat her. She is my daughter!”

“And she knows what is expected of a princess.”

“She's only Fifteen Margery! Shes a child!”
“She is not a child Fionn, her body is that of a woman, she's of child baring age, she's had her monthly courses for several years- she is of marrying age Fionn. Please try to understand. Bryni cannot withstand another long war, you know that. We must secure peace!”

A sharp knock sounded at the door, and the Queens maids voice called out- announcing the arrival of the Prince and Princess- back from their morning ride.

“Send them in.” Fionn said gruffly- beginning his pacing again.

The two siblings walked in, hair windswept and cheeks rosy from the chill air. Cecily skipped in beaming- a crown of posies in her wild hair. Fionns heart gave a sharp pang and he turned away. Margery cleared her through softly

“We have importance matters to speak with you two about.” The Gravity in her voice silenced both. “As you know all the kingdoms have signed a treaty. A treaty of peace, to stop this constant warring and bloodshed.” Her son and daughter nodded slowly, “And to make this treaty binding for all time we are sealing it with blood ties.

“Ah.” Briac leaned up against a pillar, “Marriage ties then?” Margery nodded slowly,

“Both of you. Your father is hosting a large feasting gathering where the kings and queens will observe the heirs and pick who they want to marry their children too.”

“D-do you have anyone in mind for us yet?” Cecily asked, she was pale but composed- hands twisted tightly in the skirt of her riding dress.

“Not Yet little Bird.” Fionn said huskily, “I don't want to give you away, but I must. I-”

“It's alright Papa.” Cecily said- trying to smile, “I understand, the needs of Bryni come before my wishes. If I can help secure peace I want to. I want to be married if it stops all the fighting,” Her voice was soft, and Fionn could hear the fear and sadness in her tone- and that broke his heart even more. “It's going to be alright.” Cecily nodded- trying to convince herself as much as her family, “ I always knew my marriage would be arranged- it's okay. You and mama fell in love. I know you'll pick the best prince for me Papa- I trust you.” Fionn felt the worst of fathers hearing his daughters words, he knew he would not be able to pick a prince who would be good for her, he would have to pick a prince who would secure his kingdoms peace, and he felt a villain.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

170 Reviews

Sun May 19, 2013 5:26 pm
yubbies21 says...

Rhay- Prince of Draconia

Rhay sighed in weary remmision. "Do as you must, parents." He wandered out of the room, through the winding corridors, and out a calloused door. The cliff's edge was only a few feet in front of him. Rhay whistled a long, low note that traveled over the mountains. A few minutes later, Mee-on-thulth's figure glided into view. He landed lightly, perching on his haunches, staring at Rhay's face.
"I sense something is even more wrong than usual. Come, ride on my back, tell me your tale and let the wind wash away all the bad memories." Rhay's face twisted into a crude, half-sided smile as he climbed up the scaly walls. Mee-on-thulth meant well, but did not understand the complexity of his problems.
The wind picked up as they dropped off the cliff. Wind filled Mee-on-thulth's huge wings, billowing them open and causing the enormous dragon to soar in the air. "I have a very large problem." began Rhay. Rhay felt that his dragon friend was the only one that he could tell his problems, everyone else was un-able to understand. "My parents want me to marry a complete stranger in a foreign country."
Mee-on-thulth paused for a second, seeming to be unhinged. He turned his face back, a grin touching his scaly upturned mouth. "I'm sorry," he laughed, "but i thought you said, 'My parents want me to marry a complete stranger in a foreign country.' "
"That is what I said."
"Oh. That could create a lot of conflict."
"It's supposed to end the conflict, which I can see it doing in a few generations. Now, all the future heirs to the kingdoms will be angry and upset. I don't want to cause trouble. I'm just going to let my parents choose. I don't care who I marry."
"As you wish, Rhay."
An awkward pause followed for a few minutes as we sailed in between high mountain passes. Words floated to mind as we glided through puffy clouds.
All the elements
rolled into one
my friend
Mee-on-thulth.
Fire for the glowing embers
risen from his belly
Wind for his wings
pumping air like bellows
Earth for his spirit,
loveable and down-to-earth
Water for the way he moves
Twisting and contorting
his spiny feline structure.
All the elements
rolled into one
my friend
Mee-on-thulth.
Rhay recited the words to Mee-on-thulth who was immensly pleased at the comparisons and insisted it should be recorded in the palace's library. Rhay agreed, and promised to do so as soon as they landed.
beep

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 20, 2013 11:50 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Katrina- Princess Of Harrow
I couldn't help supressing a giggle as Jackson came into the room with Allisia dragging him by the ear. I knew it was a serious matter but still there was something amusing watching my elder brother being steered by his childhood nurse. Mother and Father had given up on me having a nurse since they all became frustrated with tracking me down in the town and quit within a few months. As soon as father called both our names all the members of the court sat up and turned their attention towards us. I couldn't help feeling self concious as I went to stand next to my brother. I noticed how serious both mothers and fathers faces were and a small tremor of fear snaked it's way through me I prayed silently to Ra that no one else had died. Father looked at both of us seriously then began "As you all know, the war with the other Kingdoms has recently ended in a truce. We signed a treaty with the other kingdoms, promising to never go to war again. However, this treaty will not stand as it is. We must seal it with blood." I stiffened feeling yet another tremor of fear work it's way through me and reached for Jackson's hand finding comfort as per usual when we did. "If the royal families marry into each other," our mother continued, "no kingdom will attack another, fearing they will hurt their own flesh and blood. There will be a ball in Bryni where the Kings and Queens of the Kingdoms will arrange marriages between the kingdom's future heirs." "Father, I don't-" Jackson stared somehow I had the feeling he was protesting on my behalf but father cut him off. Father yelled loudly but I could see how hard it was for him in his eyes still I couldn't help flinching back when he yelled. "This is not up for discussion, Jackson!" Mother placed a hand on his, and closing his eyes. Mother had an instant calming affect on almost anyone. Opening them, he continued in a strained voice only half of it from rage, "You are the Crowned Prince and Princess. It is your duty to your country to do what is best for it." I felt a surge of rebellion then Mother rose from her throne , placing one hand on Jackson's cheek and the other on mine, "Children," she whispered so only we could hear, her eyes welling with tears and guilt immediately flooded through me we'd lost one sibling I wasn't going to put her through it again, "Please don't fight us on this. We love you very much, but you must think about the good of Harrow, the good of our people. We have lost many men in this war, all the kingdoms have. This is the only way to save us all." I closed my eyes and thought of all the children who had been orphaned by war then took a deep breath. 'For the little ones, for mother and father, for Jackson.' I thought to myself. "I understand Mother and Father." I said opening my eyes again with a small smile. Jackson tugged us both out of the throne room I noticed members of the court looking at us with pity. I raised my chin until we were out of the room. I hated pity despised it in fact. As soon as we were out of sight though I dropped my mask. "Jackson-" I started wanting to voice my thoughts, but he cut me off by placing a finger to his lip. I sighed as we made our way back to my room. I smiled apologetically at Allisia as she walked away. Jackson held the door open and I walked into my room. I sat on a chair while he opted to stand for now. "Jackson they're going to seperate us." I burst out as soon as my door was closed. That was what bothered me the most. Jackson had been my closest friend and confidante for years we'd never been seperated for more than 2 months at a time. "I know it's for the good of the kingdom but it bothers me. I really don't care about love I honestly don't but I don't want to be away from you." I added feeling tears sting my eyelids.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

84 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2013 7:22 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jackson

"Jackson they're going to seperate us." Katrina let out once I closed the door, fear prominant in her voice, tears filling her eyes, "I know it's for the good of the kingdom but it bothers me. I really don't care about love I honestly don't but I don't want to be away from you."

My eyebrows furrowed, and I kneeled infront of my sister, "Katrina," I say, grabbing her hands and looking into the silver eyes that we share, "We already lost our brother, Tristan. I'm not going to let you lose another one. I promise. I'm not going anywhere. I'll visit. You can visit. We can throw parties. We can move. Go on holidays together. You'll get sick of me. I swear, Katrina, nothing can keep us apart, only death could keep me away and that's not going to happen for a long time, especially since I no longer have to go fight in the war. You see, Katrina? This is helping me stay with you."

I placed a soft kiss on my sister's forehead, and sat beside her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close.

"Do you remember when I finally came home last year, after the battle against Bryni where we lost Tristan?" I asked Katrina, her tears seeping through my shirt, "When I sat for weeks, crying and yelling that it was all my fault, that I shouldn't have turned my back on him?" I felt my face darken at the mere mention of it, and I closed my eyes to shake the memory.

She nodded against my chest, and I whispered, "It's not going to be like that, Kitty Kat. I'm not going to turn my back. Not even for a second. I'll always be here."

We sat for who knows long before I finally stood. Giving a soft smile I coaxed, "Come Katrina, pack your things, don't forget your best ball gown and slippers. And remember, it's not as warm in Bryni as it is here."
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Katrina
"Katrina," Jackson said grabbing my hands and looking into my eyes. "We already lost our brother, Tristan. I'm not going to let you lose another one. I promise. I'm not going anywhere. I'll visit. You can visit. We can throw parties. We can move. Go on holidays together. You'll get sick of me. I swear, Katrina, nothing can keep us apart, only death could keep me away and that's not going to happen for a long time, especially since I no longer have to go fight in the war. You see, Katrina? This is helping me stay with you." I couldn't help the smile that crossed my lips despite the tears starting to spill down both my cheeks. Jackson sat next to me and pulled me close letting my tears soak into his shirt. "Do you remember when I finally came home last year, after the battle against Bryni where we lost Tristan?" Jackson asked. "When I sat for weeks, crying and yelling that it was all my fault, that I shouldn't have turned my back on him?" . I nodded against his chest, and he whispered, "It's not going to be like that, Kitty Kat. I'm not going to turn my back. Not even for a second. I'll always be here." I smiled both at the nickname and the fact that he always kept his promises. He stood and said "Come Katrina, pack your things, don't forget your best ball gown and slippers. And remember, it's not as warm in Bryni as it is here." I returned his smile tears drying on my cheeks. "Thank you Jack. You better go get packed before Allisia comes looking for you again." I replied giggling a bit. Jackson rolled his eyes and left my room. I sat for a bit longer my hand playing with my pendant. I hoped Jackson could keep his cool while we were in Bryni. I had never been able to fully convince him that Tristan had died in battle it happened. Every now and then I noticed his eyes fill with rage when someone mentioned Bryni even after all this time. I rose and found a bag. I started to pack finding the rhythm soothing. I paused and smiled when I found a stuffed cat made out of black and gold fabric poorly sewn together. I stroked the cats head lightly. Tristan and Jackson had given me the cat as a present on my 7th birthday they were so proud of themselves. No one had helped them in fact no one had known they were making it. I had a few other stuffed animals they'd made me as well mostly cats because of my nickname. I hesitated and packed all 5 of them on a childish impulse. I needed something to comfort me and couldn't help wonder if Jackson had kept the teddy bear I'd made him. I shook it off and went looking for my ball gown hoping I wouldn't have to go hunting for it. That was a hassle within itself along with packing it. I opened my wardrobe and smiled. The light blue fabric of the gown stood against the brown wood I pulled it out and found my slippers matching the gown. I sighed and looked at the cdress comtemplating it remembering when I last wore it. It had been the night before Jackson came home with the news about Tristan. My heart twisted painfully and tears filled my eyes. I shook it off the best I could putting away the dress. I couldn't stand being in the house for another minute and got dressed to go outside. I slipped outside going to the village. "Princess Katrina!" Toby one of the orphans said hugging me around the waist. I smiled sweetly at him kneeling. "How are you little one?" I asked brushing sand out of his hair tenderly. "I heard you're leaving Princess." He replied instead of answering me. "Yes Toby it's true. I'm going to go get married to someone and I won't be back for a while but remember if you ever need anything go find Jackson tell the others as well." I said. Toby hugged me tightly and I returned it tears stinging my eyes for the third time today. He bowed shocking me. "Good luck Princess Katrina. I'll miss you and I love you!" He said smiling adorably. I kissed his forehead. "I love you to Toby." I replied and then he ran off. I smiled watching him go. I felt my heart lighten as it always did when I visited the little ones. I could never be sad around them since they were always happy with how little they had. They taught me never to take anything for granted and I would always be grateful. I rose from the ground and went home still smiling.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu May 23, 2013 7:15 pm
Liv says...

August

"Your highness, be careful!" said Mason, an elderly servant who has worked here ever since I can remember. We both held on end of Aris' chest of clothing, the heavy wooden box weighed down even more by the abundant fabric girls tend to have on their dresses, as we made our way down the stairs. The crazy old man had tried to do it by himself!

With a roll of my eyes, I manuevered around the last twist and finally stepped on level ground, backing up so Mason could do the same.

"Old man," I teased, "I'm not the one you should be worried about. How many times have to injured that ol' right hip of yours?"

Mason blushed and stuck his chin out as we filed out the doorway, "That concern is none of yours."

We heaved the chest onto the wagon, and I flung an arm around Mason's shoulders, "You, my old friend, are just as much of my concern as I am yours."

With a huff, the grumpy old man shrugged off my arm and picked up his pace, despite the limp on his right side, as he laughed to himself, "Then it's a good thing you're no concern of mine, now isn't it? I'm no nanny, no sir!"

I chuckled to myself as he hobbled away: you couldn't help but love the frail old man.

"August!" cheered the voice of my sister, and I turned just in time to catch her as she jumped for a hug.

"Are you ready to go, dear Aris? The horses are ready and the wagon nearly finished being packed. Go on, go say goodbye to whom or whatever you wish, or have you done it already?"

12 Reviews

Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Katrina
"Jackson come on!" I shouted upstairs feeling impatient. "Katrina princess's do not shout!" Mother scolded me and I rolled my eyes having heard this lecture before. "Princess's do not shout, run, obey their parents, and follow a mans lead." She continued and I mouthed the words along with her. This lecture never ceased to annoy me especially the last part. "But you're fathers equal." I said and she gave me a look saying how stupid I was acting. "No I am not I may sit next to your father but he wields the power I do whatever he asks like you will do with your husband." She lectured. "What if my husbands traditions are different then ours?" I asked. "Then I suppose the situation will be different but still look to him for guidance. Do the same on your journey with Jackson." Mother said relenting a bit. "Jackson's never treated me like I'm beneath him and has never done it to any girl I've seen." I stated almost coldly feeling my temper rising. "Katrina I think you may have forgotten something." Allisia said stepping in at the right point.
"I believe you're right." I replied and went upstairs almost running into Jackson. I was shaking with rage then looked up at Jackson his eyes concerned. I took a deep breath and forced a smile. "Let's go!" I said cheerfully. I didn't wait for him I just went back downstairs then outside. I climbed on top of Lily my camel not accepting help. I tucked cloth over my face so the blowing sand wouldn't hit me at least that's what it was supposed to do. "Are you alright Katrina?" Allisia asked and I looked down to find her looking concerned at me. I shook my head then smiled wryly at her. "I'm used to it thank you Lissy." I replied using the nickname Jackson had given her. She smiled as we sat waiting for Jackson. I had a feeling he was getting a lecture from father just as I had gotten one from Mother.

84 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 2:41 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jackson

"No." I said firmly, turning to face my mother and father.

"Jackson-" my mother started, but I cut her off.

"I will NOT 'put Katrina in her place,' and I resent the fact that you think I would!" I yelled.

"Don't raise your voice to your mother, boy!" my father warned, "Katrina needs to be corrected, she is too old for this. Katrina has spent her whole life doing as she pleases, on the same level as you and-" He trailed off.

"Say it," I said, feeling my silver eyes darken, "The same level as me and Tristan. You raised us that way, that is how we have lived our entire lives, that is how you two have lived! Now you want to put her down!" I felt anger building up with every passing word, and I yelled again, "Say it! Tristan. Say my brother's name! Say your son's name!"

I was snapped out of my anger when a hand struck my face, sending a shock throughout my body as my face jerked.

"I warned you, Jackson!" My father said, pointing at me with the very hand he'd just hit me with.

I reached up to the spot on my cheek, staring at my father in awe. He had never laid a finger on me or my siblings. My mother stood staring at my father in shock, and he himself stared at his hand as if it didn't belong to him.

"Admit it, father." I said, putting my arm back at my side, "Ever since that battle against Bryni, when we lost Tristan, everything changed."

"We just want to protect her, Jackson," my mother whispered, "For what she may marry in to."

Moving a piece of cloth over my mouth and nose, I bowed to my parents, "Mother, father....let it be known now that if a man ever treats my sister like that I'm taking her back, even if it puts me beside Tristan."

I turned to walked out, and said, "I'll see you in Bryni soon, mother and father."

"We love you, Jackson." I heard my father whisper, so faintly I almost didn't hear it.

I stopped in the doorway, and whispered, "I love you too."

I stepped out of the castle, adjusting the cloth over my face to cover the mark now on my face.

"Jackson?" Katrina's innocent voice inquired, "What's wrong?"

Shaking my head, I mounted my camel Thalia and motioned for Katrina and Lissy to follow me. Looking up, I squinted into the blazing sun and nudged Thalia to begin our journey.
Live, Love, Laugh

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon May 27, 2013 2:23 pm
Shadowlight says...

Spoiler! :
(sorry it's taken me so long- busy as heck at work)

Briac/Bryni- the royal family's quarters

Briac walked from his parents chambers down the long corridor that led to his own- mind reeling.

He knew as Crown prince he was expected to marry for the good of Bryni, he had been raised for this, he had accepted it long ago and it didn't bother him, but it seemed a pity his sister had to marry too. She was so young still, and still had her girlhood dreams of marrying hr prince charming and being madly in love. He sighed and pushed his door open and wandered in- looking about his room critically.

His room was spacious, with furs on the cold flagstones to ward off the chill. A fireplace stood at one side with chairs nearby strewn with thick cushions. His large four poster bed stood at the far side of the room, near that, a door that led to his small balcony overlooking the gardens.

Standing in the middle of the room Briac tried to imagine what it would be like when he had to share this room with a stranger...with his wife.

In Bryni even couples of arranged marriages were expected to share chambers from the start, to share a bed and to consummate the marriage quickly. Briac was no innocent but he had a strong aversion to simply taking a maiden because it was expected.

What if she was much younger then him? What if she was Cecily's age? His stomach turned- he couldn't do that to such a young maiden. There was no way. Custom or no he wouldn't do it.

Running his fingers through his long tousled hair he paced, boots making a dulled thudding on the floor. His mind was reeling, he had been prepared for this but now that is was happening, that his parents would be picking a bride for him in just a few short weeks, everything seemed to be happening so fast.

“God almighty....” He breathed- leaning his head against he glass of the window, He was resigned to marrying the woman his parents picked and that was the end of it, but a tiny corner of his mind wondered- what she would be like, if she were pretty... he snorted. “I pity her, whoever she is... Having to marry me.” He glanced across the room at the looking glass that stood next to his clothes chest.

Scrutinizing his reflection his sighed, “I hope she;s not expecting a prince charming, I'm not even a frog prince.” He laughed his deep reverberating chuckle- almost like a giant cat purr, “ I'm more of the bear from East of the Sun and West of the moon, but unfortunately I don't shift at night to become a handsome prince. I'm just always a bear.”
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl