Young Writers Society

Search for Troy (Full-- started)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Melody - Loading ship

My mother standing at my side, I swallow hard and look at the hard floor. The seas of Olympus calm today, surprisingly, she moves to my front before they load me on.

"Mel," She whispers, "Your saving my life here. Go find Helen for us; I know you can. You know the reward, and don't you dare tell anyone on that ship. I promise, you'll get what you've been nagging for. Now go...and make me proud."

Her robe draped tightly around her beautiful body, Aphrodite steps out of the way as I just stare at the ship. It's strong outline symbolizes heroism, something I could never pull off. Though, I need that cure. Daddy deserves all that he can get.

I hesitate before stepping on, my blonde hair kept in a tight braid which reaches on my shoulder down to my waist. My blue eyes matching the sea, my thin layer of clothing-- a pair of tight, flexible white pants that moves down to my knees, and a loose shirt held by a flower that my mother picked-- moving with me as I just set my stuff down where I am.

I watch the others load, sighing as I smirk. They don't know what their getting themselves into.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Amynta - Cargo Room

"You understand why I put you on this mission, correct?" My father asks.

"Yes father." I said quickly.

I had boarded the ship and was lead to the cargo room, I was lead there to have a discussion with my father. Ares, the God of War, he was a tall and strong man, with masculine features, dressed in spartan armor, with a spear and shield. His piecing blood red eyes told you he was serious, and felt like he would tear into you at any second. I take a deep breath and watch as he sits on one of the cargo crates filled with supplies that would be used for later.

"Good, you know your mission, and you must do whatever it takes to find Helen." He says.

"Yes father." I repeated.

"Now go, go and meet your comrades on this mission." He said.

I didn't say anything this time, I just opened the door and left closing it behind me. My father probably disappearing as I do, I make my way across the hall, my spear and shield on my back. I was fully dressed in my armor, I soon make my way up the stairs and onto the deck and into the salt water air. As I make my way towards the front of the deck, I see someone else boarding, must be one of the other demigods sent by his or her godly parent. This was going to be a long journey, there was no doubt about that at all.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:29 pm
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Asher--Loading Dock

"Keep your eyes open," my mother warns in a whisper.

Unlike the other gods around, she refuses to take human form. Taking the shape of a pure white owl, she perches on my shoulder and scans over the rest of the demigods boarding.

"You know why I chose you," she whispers. "Every fiber of you was designed for a task like this. Find Helen. Though I doubt she'll stay true and split the reward among all of you, the aspect of what Aphrodite is doing is interesting. Very intriguing."

I go through my check-list of supplies while she talks, committing every word to memory as I multitask. Shield, check. Dagger, check. Opening my satchel, I go through each of the maps without pulling them out and make sure enough extra paper and my pen is in there in the case we travel somewhere uncharted. Wouldn't that be a sight? Me being the first to map an unknown land... Highly unlikely, though.

"Just keep on alert," my mother finishes. "Teamwork might be essential, but take your time coming to terms with everyone. Trust is a good thing, but if misplaced it could lead to your downfall."

"Yes, mother," I look up at the ship again.

"I have faith in you," she says before taking flight.

Once she's a speck on the horizon, I close my satchel and start toward the ship. I board the vessel and glance around, only slightly impressed by its architecture. A young woman, older than I more than likely, approaches the front deck as I board. I study her a moment before averting my attention elsewhere and setting out to explore.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:09 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Cassia

Cassia stood at the edge of the dock with her mother and the man she had been married to since Cassia was a baby. The man Cassia had always thought was her father until a few years ago. Even though he was a good man, always there for her, Cassia couldn't help but simply see him as a protective figure in her life. She loved both of them nonetheless. She had no brothers or her sisters, and not really very many friends, so they were all she had after Castor's death. Well, she knew that her real father, Apollo, was there for her to, but in a different way. "I may not always be there physically," he had said to her when he'd revealed himself. "But please know that I will always be there for you, helping in watching." Cassia somewhat understood, with him being a god and all. After all, it was Apollo who had willed her to go on this quest, and she wanted to make him, make her earthly parents proud.

She was dressed in brown sandals, a white dress with sleeves that cut off before her shoulders, and her hair was in a simple side braid with golden bands keeping her bangs out of her eyes. It was comfortable attire that she usually wore to hunt, and it would offer her the best protection for whatever dangers they would face. Her bow and quiver was slung over her shoulder, and she carried a leather knapsack with a few of her belongings.

Her mother spoke to her now. "I'm so proud of you, Cassia. Your father is proud of you, and I know Apollo is proud of you too." She kissed her daughter's forehead and embraced her tightly.

"Goodbye, Mother," Cassia said. "I'll be alright. I'll try to write to you if I can."

Then her earthly father stepped forward. "Good luck, Cassia," he said. "I always knew you were a special girl."

"Goodbye," she said, embracing her earthly father.

Cassia could feel tears starting to come to her eyes. Despite the honor she felt in being chosen for this quest, she had no idea what awaited her and it frightened her immensely. But she didn't want to make a scene now, especially with the other demigods around. She embraced both of her parents one last time, turned and started to board the ship.

There were already a few people on board, but she didn't know if anyone was in charge or how things were going to go. There was one, a beautiful blond with deep blue eyes, that looked the friendliest. Cassia approached her.

"Cassia, daughter of Apollo," She said to the blond. "Where shall I unpack my things?"

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:45 pm
View Likes
VampireSenshi says...

Kora -- Loading Dock

I sit on a crate, twirling my wand while the others talk to their respective Olympian Parents - who were wishing them off on the Journey to find Helen. But it seemed that there was only one Olympian who neglected to show himself to send us off.

Even Hades arrived to send Eos off, that's just typical Hermes...

My father, the God of Travel himself had either forgotten or didn't care at all to send me off. I made myself useful and helped doing the brunt of the loading onto the ship. I moped around for quite a while as well. I felt a strong force come up behind me. I turn to see Zeus staring down at me.

"Your father sends his wishes and his blessings on this journey to find Helen, and he begs that you forgive him for not being able attend." His voice booms even though his tone is tender.

"Sure he does..." I say sarcastically.

"Adrian, your father is doing good work for me and the other Gods. And you have to know that he means well for the journey, he picked his best fit son for the challenge."

I sigh, I know he means none of this. We all know we're just pawns in this game, but I make sure to thank him.

"I understand, your majesty."

I leave to unload my personal gear onto the ship. I don't have much, just the essentials.

Mel is standing out watching the others with a smirk on her face, I stand next to her.

"This is going to be one hell of a journey isn't it?" I say casually. She chuckles,

"I think it is. It's important that we find Helen as soon as possible, and it helps that all the gods have come to give their bless-" she stops, frowning; and looks at me.

"Zeus assured me that although my father couldn't be here to send us off, he was giving his expressed blessings on the journey. So there's no need to worry..."

Mel sighs, and then goes to do other things.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Reviews: 1
Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:08 pm
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Clara

My mother holds both of my hands tightly. “You know what you have to do and I expect a lot out of you.” She says.

“I know, mother.” I say, smiling ever so lightly. “Thank you.”

My mother hands me my bow and arrows and smiles at me. “You know what to do.” She says.

I nod and take them. I hug her goodbye and walk onto the ship. I feel a light brush of air hit my skin and look over the side. I let out a whistle and a dove perches on my finger. I rub my finger over its head as I look around. I am ready to get this mission started.

I leave all my personal items at my side as I look at everyone. We have a good group at first sight, but I need to see them in action to really see what they have to offer. I just hope that all of this goes well and we find Helen soon.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Pelias

His father was here. His 'real' father, but of course the man was too important to offer more than a nod to his mortal son. Then he surprised the boy by coming closer and holding out a hand to shake. But Pelias shook his head and strode on by, boarding the ship ahead of many of the other teenagers. Amateur. He should have stuck with the nod.

It seemed to take an age for the others to say their goodbyes to parents that hadn't cared enough to raise them. Whatever. It only went to show that he was travelling with a bunch of sentimental, naive fools. The adults were only being all nice and stuff because they'd realised what a jam they were in and now they needed bailing out.

Pelias had said his real goodbyes back at the farm. But at last it seemed they were getting under way and blonde after blonde climbed on board. Hey, a guy could get used to scenery like this, not to mention the ocean.

Peli travelled light and he kept his backpack on his shoulders and his pitchfork in hand. He crossed the deck to the back of the ship and looked out at the water. It was so wide. It was so vast and so... beautiful. Peli hadn't ever been so close to the sea before and pointing the trident at it, he gently stirred the water in a mini whirlpool. Neat.

If it came down to whose powers were going to be the most fun during this journey, Peli knew where he was placing his bets. A great expanse of water and one very shiny pitchfork? Move over Poseidon, looks like there's a new king of the sea.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:12 am
View Likes
Blues says...

Eos

"Eos! Make sure you carry out this mission, understood?"

Eos looked up at his father, a stern man with a well trimmed goatee. "Yes father, I will."

It was uncommon for Hades to venture out into the real world. Normally he was too busy counting his money or how many people he'd captured - like Persephone or Eos' mother. Sometimes he'd be at Mount Olympus, trying to lure his victims into the underworld. Sometimes he'd force Eos to capture someone.

Eos wasn't surprised at his next wish.

"Eos, if you can, you will take Helen and you will take her to the underworld. You will not listen to the words of others. Understood?"

He nodded.

"Good. Good slave. I will see you another time."

Hades left and Eos stood, watching where his father's shadow was just a moment ago, before facing the crowd of sons and daughters of the other Gods thirty metres away.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 am
JabberHut says...

Philippos, Son of Zeus -- Loading Dock

"The ocean waves in your eyes pull me in," Philip said, holding the young woman's hand close to his heart. "Your golden curls enchant my very soul." He put a hand to her cheek, the heat of her blush burning her fingers. "Your memory will keep me fighting--"

"It is time, my son."

Philip perked up, his train of thought brought to an abrupt stop. He smiled to the nameless woman, kissed her hand, and spun on his heel. He addressed his father with a confident smile and salute, not noticing the woman giggle away to her friends. "Yes, Father!"

Zeus rarely makes an appearance to mortals at all, even to Philip, but this was a moment all the gods were meaning to attend. Well, most of them. Zeus, anyway, was going to, and Philip was only proud of claiming such a father. The boy patted his sheathed blade.

The god of gods put his hand on Philip's shoulder. "My son, you have always made me proud, and I know you will continue to do so. Fight a warrior's battle and lead with a wise heart. Call upon me if you are ever in need."

"I shall, Father," Philip said with a nod. "I shall also take care of dear Zenobia just as she has always taken care of me." He indicated the weapon at his side. "You will be proud to call me your son."

His father seemed eager to say more, but the worried cries of his aunt sounded in the distance, making it his cue to leave in a heartbeat.

"Oh, Philippos, my dearest nephew!" She flung her arms around him and sobbed into his tunic, never acknowledging the presence of any strange man speaking with him. "The least you could have done was wait for us," she added with a sharp slap to his arm. Philip flinched and rubbed the area as his uncle finally appeared by her side.

"I apologize for my hastiness," he said, relaxing slightly, eyes watching them carefully. "I was eager to meet my crewmates--"

"Just like your father to get all excitable about dangerous adventures," his aunt said with a wave of her hand, indicating the man his mother had married years ago before the couple was killed. "I want you... " She sniffed. "I want you back alive now, you hear? Alive a-and well--Ohhh!" She embraced him again.

Philip laughed now. "I will! I always did, you know."

"Hush," she muttered in his shirt, "you have never been on such a dangerous mission."

The two continued to bicker until eventually, his uncle intervened and gave him a goodbye, hearty handshake. Philip took his leave for the boat, joining the rest of his crewmates, winking at the beautiful women -- the one was as beautiful as Aphrodite herself -- and greeting the fellow warriors on board.

This was going to be fantastic.
I make my own policies.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:20 pm
PixieStix says...

Melody - on dock

Once I turn around to scan who has entered the ship, my eyes land on Kora. He comes over to me and we talk for a while, me needing atleast one friend while we were here. My mother always told me that I was the sweetest out of all her kids, and that she's proud of me. As Kira leaves, a girl with blonde hair-- not as blonde as mine, comes up to me with her bags, asking where she should leave them.

I think, glancing around, "In your room," I answer in my Greek accent, flashing my famous shy smile, "And I'm Melody, daughter of Aphrodite. Nice to meet you."

She smiles, nodding, before going to find her dorm. I watch her go, smiling lightly, before some guy-- probrably son of Zeus, winks at me and flashes a smile. The ship takes off and I smile back at him, turning back to the rail and watching the little people on the deck turn into specks.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 pm
KingLucifer says...

Amynta

So we've finally set sail, people greeted one another as the ship had left port. I leaned my back against a wall, allowing people to talk, no one had said anything to me yet. Surprisingly, but that doesn't stop me from driving the ship. Making my way to the helm of the ship, I find the steering wheel unmanned. Who's been driving all this time? I had no clue, but I decided to take control immediately, I knew my way out of the harbor, it wasn't that hard. I just pointed the ship in that direction and let the engine do the rest, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone. I turn my head slightly to see someone with a trident, Son of Poseidon, I'm guessing. He wasn't saying anything, I needed a map, if I don't know which direction to go in, were not getting to Troy any time soon.

"Go straight ahead, just trust me." He said finally.

I don't question, let alone say anything. Keeping the ship steady, and sails along. My thoughts begin to drift, memories return. Horrible scenes flash in my head, friends dying, stabbed, wounded, captured, executed. I hadn't realized I was day dreaming, until I was shoved out of the way and the Son of Poseidon takes control of the way and giving it a hard left, just barely steering the ship away from something. Maybe a reef, I couldn't be sure. It takes me a second to register what had happened, but eventually I knew I had been day dreaming again, horrible events of battles long past replayed in my head again. If anything, my day dreaming would be the end of me.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm
Rydia says...

Pelias

"Who on earth decided to put you in charge of the steering, are you blind? Didn't you see-" Peli shook his head in disgust as he levelled the ship out, his hands shaking on the wheel. This was far too much excitement for day one. If the rest of the group were going to be as poor as this, they might as well turn for home now because the ship almost crashing in fair waters? What had he let himself in for.

The girl gave him an angry stare or was that the way she always looked? But she made no attempt to take back the helm. If anything, she looked agitated and well she should, she could have ruined the mission before it even got off the ground.

"No, don't say thank you. Just stand there feeling bad for yourself!" Pelias complained, wrapping his hands more tightly around the spokes. He looked away from the ocean long enough to locate his trident pitchfork because he didn't want one of the others making off with that, but he couldn't exactly hold it while he was steering the ship. Which was all good and well but not as exciting as playing with the tides.

The girl still said nothing and stood slightly off to the side, no explanations or apologies. Not exactly what you expected from the daughter of Ares.

Pelias turned the ship back on course and kept a steadying hand on the helm but it was smooth sailing ahead for the moment. He turned to fix his gaze on Amynta and frowned slowly. "Why weren't you paying attention?" he asked.

"It's complicated."
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Cassia

The pretty blonde had told Cassia where quarters were. Although she was indeed tired, she saw that some people on the ship were starting to talk to one another, get to know the few people they would be spending an indefinite amount of time with. Took special note of a dark haired boy that the helm. He was attractive, yes. He was talking to another girl, though, so would he even be interested in her? Had she had enough time to mourn Castor? Cassia told herself not to think about that at the moment. She hoped she'd get her chance to talk to him, but for now she needed rest.

She descended into the lower level of the boat and placed her few belongings beside her bed. She'd only started to lay down when she felt a firm hand stroke her back. She was startled for a moment, and when she opened her eyes, she at first thought she was dreaming. Smiling down at her was a white-robed figure with closed cropped golden hair and blue eyes. He seemed to have a shiny aura about him.

"Father?" Cassia whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you off, since I couldn't on the docks. Your mother likes to forget she was ever with me. Doesn't believe a God could ever like her."

"Is that why you visit me so infrequently?"

"I'm busy, Cassia. But please know that I am very proud of you. I know you will make me proud on this voyage. Even though I may not be here physically, I am always with you in spirit." Apollo leaned down and kissed his daughter's forehead, and then he disappeared into the air.

After that, Cassia thought it best to get some sleep.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Clara

I turn around and most people have already gone to sleep. A few people are around, but not many. I let the bird fly back to his home and smile as his wings spread and he takes flight. As I watch him fly away, I grab my personal things and back away from the edge of the ship.

Once the bird is out of my sight, I go down to and put my things in the quarters and soon head back to the deck. The cool night air hits my skin and ruffles with my hair. I look around and spot someone looking from the maps, up to the stars and back again. Slow, I walk over to him. Okay Clara, you need to open up some.

I lean on the edge of the ship beside him. By the way his studies every thing, he must be the son of Athena. "I'm Clara." I say. "How is everything so far? Have we managed to stay on course so far?" I ask
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 am
View Likes
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Asher

Once on the ship, I take my belongings to my personal quarters and get everything set. I sit on the hammock for a while and listen to the creaks and shifts in the ship's hull, knowing we've pulled from the dock and are setting sail. Taking out the maps, I study a few before knowing I have to head up to the deck to fully take a grasp on things. I begin to wonder who's taken charge of the vessel, and set out to find the information.

Passing by the wheel, I find a daughter of what must be Ares fighting with a son of Poseidon from the looks of the trident he holds. I keep my distance and watch the young man take hold of the steering, leaving the girl to glare and demand it back. Without making a way to approach them, I walk to the edge of the deck and keep my distance.

After studying the horizon for a while, I remove a map I'd stored under my shirt and look over it underneath the starts. Before I can come to a decision, another demigod approaches me and introduces herself as Clara.

"How is everything so far?" she asks. "Have we managed to stay on course so far?"

I glance over her, quickly making note of how much older she seems than me and assuming she's daughter of one of the goddesses rather than gods. Within moments I determine she's somehow daughter of Artemis, and half of my brain seems to puzzle over this as I form a response to her question.

"Fine," I answer. "Son of Poseidon is at lead. People are untrustworthy, but the elements aren't. The ocean guides us through him. We make way for Helen on the right path."

I hesitate, remembering she introduced her.

"I'm Asher," I finish. "Son of Athena."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford