z

Young Writers Society

A Pirate's Life For Me

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:55 pm
Dynamo says...

I was inspired to make this thread by the anime show One Piece. The main story for this is basically to find a hidden treasure that no one else has been able to recover for centuries. We can put this story into the One Piece universe if you guys want to but its up to you. In order to find this treasure we'll have to fight against the toughest crew of pirates in the ocean, their leader is said to be half-and-half as a wolf and a vampire which gave him the name "The Blood Wolf." He's a ruthless killer who will stop at nothing to be the most powerful pirate in the world.

Here's the basic character layout:

Name: Kai
Species: (because being just humans can be boring at times) Half wolf, half cat
Weapons: Dual gunblades, can bring out claws from his fingertips to scratch enemies
Powers(if any): ---
Purpose for becoming a pirate: To find a trustworthy crew of pirates and get to the treasure before his brother(who shall remain nameless).
Last edited by Dynamo on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:08 pm
Dynamo says...

The sun beat down heavily one Kai's little boat as it bobbed up and down in the sea. He laid against the edge of the boat with his hand dipped in the water. If you were to look at him you would never guess he was a creature bred between a wolf and a cat. He had green eyes and light brown spiky hair that almost matches the color of his skin. He looked at the wanted poster in his hand for the seventh time. It read, "100 million, dead or alive, Blood Wolf Kujimaru."

"I guess you've made it pretty far in the world," Kai said to the poster, "Let's see if I can do the same."

Suddenly there was a small pop from the floor of the boat. Kai looked over the poster and saw a small fountain of water spraying up from the middle of the boat. "That's not good." He put the poster under his jacket and went to plug up the leak with his finger, but it was no good. As soon as he plugged it up five more holes appeared and started filling up his tiny boat.

He looked around the surrounding ocean for any nearby islands and saw a large ship in the distance. By the looks of it it belonged to the navy. Nevertheless Kai waved his arms like a lunatic to get the ships attention. "HEEEEY!! OVER HERE!!!"
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:32 pm
Karma says...

Name: Eruasi
Species: Water elf (powerful swimmer; has gills and pointed ears)
Weapons: Glaive, bare hands and teeth
Powers(if any): can swim under water for long periods of time (she has gills)
Purpose for becoming a pirate: To spite her parents (a water nymph and a forest elf)

~~~

Suddenly, a shimmery figure exploded from the water and landed on the deck.

"Who -and what, for that matter- are you?" asked an incredulous Kai

"I am a water elf and, judging by your situation, I'm help, too" She said, tossing her head, and splattering him with foam in the process, "Names later."

"So, what did you say your name was?" he asked, three hours later , after constructing a makeshift raft and carting all the supplies onto it.

"Eruasi, Eru for short" came the reply.
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:37 pm
Dynamo says...

(I'm going to assume you took me to a nearby island.)

"So you're a water elf are you?" Kai asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Nice to meet you," Kai smiled, "My name is Kai."

"If you don't mind me asking, what kind of a human would travel the oceans with that piece of lumber?"

"I'm no human." Kai announced as he put a small sack of food with the rest of his supplies on the raft.

"Really? But you have the look of a human about you."

"I sometimes wonder why that is myself, I think it's because my grandmother was human. Anyway, my father was a wolf and my mother was a cat. Put them together with my grandmother and you've got yourself a gunblade wielding Dimon."

"Dimon?" the elf asked, puzzled.

"Yeah, it's what some demons call a creature with more than just two races in his blood."

"Even so, that didn't answer the question of why you're out here."

Kai stopped loading his small raft and sat down beside the elf and took a break. "I'm looking for the legendary treasure that no one has been able to find for centuries."

"You're a pirate?" she asked.

"Yeah. I'm trying to get to the treasure before my brother and his crew does. I guess you can say it's a sibling rivalry contest to see who can get to it first."

"If you're a pirate then where is your crew? For that matter, where's your ship?" Eru asked.

Kai looked at her and smiled. "I've got none. And as for a ship..." he pointed at the raft, "what you see is what you get."

"You're not much of a pirate are you?"

"Hey, everyone's got to start somewhere." Kai's eyes suddenly widened as he looked hopefully at the elf. "Hey, you're a water elf, right?"

"You already know I am."

"So that means you know the ocean pretty well, right?"

"I may know my way around. What are you getting at?" she asked suspiciously.

Kai clapped his hands together. "Then it's settled, you can be my navigator!"
Last edited by Dynamo on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take that, science!

103 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:47 pm
Dynamo says...

Come one, everyone! I need more people to post!
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:35 pm
Karma says...

OOC: sorry! been busy (doing my summer reading)
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:01 pm
Myth says...

Last edited by Myth on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

103 Reviews

Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:20 am
Dynamo says...

We'll see how long this story takes but for now I need Karma to reply to my post.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:08 am
Karma says...

(Oh, sorry!)

"Sounds good!" she replied, grinning brightly at him, "So, what are the food and water supplies, and what's written in the captain's log?"

"Uh..."

Just then, a female imp swaggered up, "What're you doing on my island?" it asked boldly.

They looked around.

"Island?" Kai said skeptically, "I looks more like an isolated sand bar to me."
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:12 pm
Dynamo says...

We're waiting for Myth to post her introduction for her character in the story. We can't move on until you do.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:51 am
Karma says...

okay
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:40 pm
Dynamo says...

(Since Myth has yet to post her character's introduction we're just going to have to start without her. So right now it's just our two characters Karma.)

Kai and Eruasi pushed the tiny boat out into the water and began to drift into the sea. They sailed for a few hours before Eruasi started to get impatient as to when they'd be arriving at civilization.

Eruasi shouted to Kai, who was taking a three hour long catnap on the ship's mast. "Kai! Wake up!"

Kai yawned and stretched his body. Forgetting he was on the mast he rolled over and fell off. He corrected his balance in mid air and landed on his feet in front of the water elf.

He yawned one more time before asking, "What, did you spot an island?"

"No, I wanted to know where we were going and when we'd get there."

Kai's eyes widened in moderate surprise. "I don't know where we're going, I thought you knew."

"You're the captain, remember? It's your job to know where we're going."

"Ah," Kai pointed out, "but you are the navigator. So it's your job to get us to where we're going."

Eruasi frowned. "How am I supposed to do that if you don't tell me where we're going?"

Kai scratched his head. "You've got a point there." He began to ponder on what to do next. "OK, so what we need in order to be full pirates is a boat, but in order to operate such a big boat we need man power. So first thing we need to do is to find more people to join us." Kai pointed out into the east. "There's a port called Mogadishu City west from here. That'll be our next destination."

"Uhh, Kai? That's east."

Kai looked at his hand for a second. "Oh, right." He corrected himself and pointed west. "Like I said, west from here. Wake me up when we get there." He climbed back up to the top of the mast and went back to sleep.

Am I really going to be a pirate with this guy? Eruasi thought as she piloted the tiny boat towards Mogadishu City.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 am
Karma says...

"Wake up, Kai!" a voice said from behind him.

He blinked, "So, Eruas-"

"It's 'Ru or Eru, only mom mother calls me by my full name" she said, annoyed.

"Okay, 'Ru, where are we?"

"Half a mile from the port of Mogadishu, but I thought you might want to make yourself look a little more, umm, pirate-ey. Usually people don't want a captain who's bandanna fell off and who drools when he sleeps"

Kai guiltily wiped his mouth with the back of his hand while looking around for his bandanna.
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

103 Reviews

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:12 pm
Dynamo says...

Mogadishu was a large city with more pirates than any other, even the Navy had a hard time with keeping the place under control. But, in Kai's case it was a great place to find a ship, and more importantly, a crew to operate it.

After Kai grabbed his stuff and tied up the boat he said, "You'd better stay close, Ru. This city isn't really the safest of places."

Just as they were stepping out of the boat a man ran up to Kai from out of no where and held a knife up to his throat. He said, "Give me the boat and I'll spare your life!"

Kai blankly looked at him for a moment before saying, "OK, take it."

"Are you serious?" Ru protested, but Kai waved his hand for her to be quiet.

"Smart move, now get out of my sight!" The man hopped into the boat as Kai and Ru left the docks.

"Are you stupid? Honestly?" Ru was very angry with her captain. "How are we going to leave this place without a boat?!"

Kai turned around and smiled at her. "I've sailed through 12 storms and ran into 18 rocks in that boat. That tiny thing has sprung 49 holes in its hull this year alone. Seeing as how we're in the market for a new boat it doesn't matter what happens to that one, I'm surprised it didn't break down 3 days ago."

Just then there was a loud crash followed by a yelp from the man who stole their boat. Ru looked over her shoulder and saw they're tiny boat drop into the water like a rock leaving the thief swimming back to shore.

When Ru turned back to her captain Kai was already walking away. She ran after him and followed him into the city.
Take that, science!

122 Reviews

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:15 am
Karma says...

((OOC: Now is a time fo rmore people to start posting! (hemhem)))
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah