RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I glanced over at Sunny. "You still play the guitar?"

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"You still play the guitar?" Rose asked.

"Yup," I replied. "I'm working on a music degree, so I don't get to perform much, but yeah, I still play."
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:53 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I grinned. "Remember that one talent show our high school had?" I said. "The principal- what was her name? Montez, that's right- was so angry when you came out unannounced with that electric guitar and practically started a riot!" I laughed. "Remember that?"

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yeah, that was great," I chuckled. "She looked like her head was about to explode. And then I had the volume so loud the speakers nearly short-circuited. That poor custodian...he was standing right by the speakers..."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 am
View Likes
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I laughed. "So that's how Mr. Meyers went deaf! I'd always wondered..."

Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:18 pm
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yeah, I still feel terrible about that..." I muttered, my face turning red. "I'm surprised no one else went deaf, too..."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Fri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I laughed and looked around me. I remembered everything about this place, these people. They had no idea how I'd changed. I was half expecting Sunny to ask me where I'd been all those years, but part of me was afraid of answering. Because honestly, even I wasn't sure.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:19 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"This is actually really cool," I remarked. And it was--I hadn't seen Rose in forever, but suddenly we showed up at the same cafe. "I know I kind of fell off the edge of the map after high school, but it's good to be back for a change. So do you write for a living?"

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I smiled a little sadly. "I used to," I said. "I used to write for the New York Times, but I quit to come back here." I gestured around. "I was mostly just a fact checker anyway."

Sat May 12, 2012 10:00 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Oh, yeah, okay," I replied. "Journalism, and stuff. If you don't mind my asking...do you have something you wanted to do here, or did you just want to be someplace familiar?"

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2012 2:58 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I bit my lip. "Well I guess you could say I came here to forget," I said. It sounded much more melodramatic out loud. "I mean, I don't really have a plan now that I think about it. So yeah, I guess I do just want to be somewhere familiar." I talked too fast. I always talked too fast when I wanted to cover something up.

Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

I could tell Rose didn't want to talk about it, so I tried changing the subject. "Sure," I said. "I don't really have a plan, either. I was just supposed to be here for a few days, but then Cass asked me to watch the cafe for her...she's the owner."

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 2:11 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I knew Cass from somewhere, but I couldn't remember where. Cass...Cass...I mentally snapped my fingers and nearly shouted, "Eureka!"
"Cass...wasn't she the class president back in high school or am I dreaming?"

Tue May 15, 2012 3:51 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Yup," I replied. "She was the class president. She was pretty much the class everything." Cass had been (and was still) a nerd--the kind that studied day and night for fun. She was a good friend, but she could be an overachiever sometimes.

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2012 5:54 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

"Yeah," I laughed. "I always studied with her. She was a pretty good friend. Where is she now, do you know?" Man, I'd be gone forever.

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud