z

Young Writers Society

Character Role-Play

Reviews: 4
Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:18 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Oh, cool!" I exclaimed. "He's working on--do you mind if I tell her? He's working on a novel. What are you writing, Rose?"
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:45 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I raised my eyebrows. A novel? That was too cool.

"I'm working on a short story series," I said. "I'm going to compile them into a book later." I sat down, suddenly very interested in the man's novel. "What's your novel about?"

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:56 pm
artsy says...

Raymond;

I blinked at the sudden arrival of the girl and her and Sunny's quick back-and-forth conversation. Regaining my composure, I replied, "It's about a boy who's orphaned and can't read or write, but he lives in a library." I smiled as she said she was a fellow writer. "Are you sticking to one genre, or doing a variety?"
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:36 pm
RoyalHighness says...

I grinned. "I'm not sure. I used to be a travelling journalist for the New York Times, but they laid me off." I cleared my throat. "I figured I'd dabble a little, try to figure out what to do next. What do you suggest?" I sipped my coffee, glad I'd found someone who understood writing like I did - maybe better than I did...

45 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:50 am
artsy says...

Raymond;

I smiled at the thought of someone else wanting my opinion on anything - and writing! Who'd have thought? Certainly not me. "I'd say try everything first. But don't expect to get anywhere with every single bit of work you do." I advised. "It's going to take quite a while for you too find your groove. Or -" I shrugged lightly, "- you'll find out soon." Journalist for the New York Times? Wow, that was amazing! I would've inquired more about her previous job, but the slight awkward shift of subjects spoke volumes. I decided to leave her be about it, for now anyway. After all, I had just met the girl!
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm
RoyalHighness says...

I grinned. This guy was a guru! Just as I was wondering what I could ask him about next, Sunny spoke up.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:32 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Wow, that is so cool!" I said. "Rose, I think I remember reading one of your articles; I just didn't remember who you were. And--" I turned to the novelist guy. "I'm sorry, I don't know your name. But you have to tell me when your novel gets published, okay? Please?"

LIZARD!!!!!

45 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 am
View Likes
artsy says...

Raymond;

I smiled at Sunny. "Raymond Dale. Pleased to meet you both." I said with a small laugh. "Of course! You'll be the first to know." I replied enthusiastically, my social awkwardness momentarily gone with the two now familiar girls.
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:43 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

"I'm Rose," I said, suddenly aware that I hadn't introduced myself. "I can't wait to read your writing! Maybe we could collaborate on our writing sometime." I grinned at Raymond. He didn't seem so nervous anymore.

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 am
SidereaAquila says...

Sunny

"Hey Sunny!" Deanna called from the kitchen. "Coffee's ready!"

"Coming!" I called back. "One second, you guys." I jogged back into the kitchen and grabbed the pot of coffee and three mugs. Sliding into the booth next to Rose, I set out the three mugs in front of everyone. "Coffee?" I asked.

LIZARD!!!!!

184 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:32 am
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

"Don't mind if I do," I said, holding out my mug. "It's been forever since I last tasted good, old-fashioned coffee from home." I took a big whiff of the coffee. "Mmmmm smells like home." I looked up and almost laughed aloud at the looks Sunny and Raymond were giving me.

45 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 am
artsy says...

Raymond;

I chuckled lightly as I took the last cup. "Yes, please. Thank you." I grinned at Sunny, then turned to Rose. "That's be pretty cool. This reminds me of the club I was in in High school. Me and some fellow writers would always do prompts and share work. I would love to read one of your stories!" I enthusiastically replied to Rose.
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 am
RoyalHighness says...

I blushed slightly, feeling almost obnoxious as I pulled out a large pack of paper- my latest story. "I actually have a copy of my latest work with me," I said, placing it on the table. "How about we swap stories and give some reviews? Just like high school." I grinned and sipped more coffee.

45 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:08 pm
artsy says...

Raymond;

I laughed, "Well, a good writer always comes prepared." I joked as I motioned to my laptop. "Sure, why not?" I saved my work and opened up the document for the first chapter and turned it around for Rose to see. "There you go." I said, reaching out an arm to receive her papers.
~
Will Review For Food

184 Reviews

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:00 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Rose

I handed my story over and pulled Raymond's laptop a little closer. Sunny came around the booth and sat beside me, reading along. In a few minutes, I was done with the first chapter. I looked up, but Raymond was still reading. Not wanting to break the silence, I started in on the second chapter, thinking all the while, This guy has a talent.

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper