Young Writers Society

Arkham Asylum

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:08 pm
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Whoops, I was distracted there. But mark my words, the Dreammaster makes no mistakes

Dreammaster-

I smiled as the doctor retreated back inside. So he thought he was onto me, huh?
Well then, let's show him just how powerful the Dreammaster really is.
I scanned for the nearest guard, and saw one, standing near the courtyard, looking confused.
Quickly, I invaded his mind, breaking it easily, and found what I needed.
Leaving the moaning guard lying on the floor clutching his head, I proceeded to the next stage of my plan- a test, if you will.
I created the illusion of a brawl breaking out near the door to the top-secret basement, where all the most dangerous and unpredictable inmates were held, the most toxic experiments and deadly prototypes. I had discovered long ago that Arkham Asylum was but a cover for a state-of-the-art genetics lab operating on the criminals as test mice, and intended to provide my ' one-man audience' with a little challenge.
The guards, even without my 'assistance', moved away to subdue the nonexistent scuffle, and I projected my own image near the door.
The doctor predictably followed, and I forced the locks and bars of the basement trapdoor to open, then made my illusion beckon the lizard-man forward.
The man hesitated, then followed. Once he was inside, I made my illusion vanish, re-activated the locks and alarms to the door, made the guards stand guard once again, and simultaneously woke all the horrors that lurked within.
Then, exhausted by my efforts, I retreated back to my cell for a nap.

Spoiler! :
I don't really want to be mean to you :D It'll be made clear as the SB progresses. Have fun! *evil maniacal laugh*
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:14 pm
View Likes
Crow29 says...

Spoiler! :
That's ok, the Doctor will always triumph * Queue maniacal laughter*

Dr. Raithen

The door slammed shut behind me, as I had anticipated. I strode forward, breath loud in my respirator. Behind me, Basilisk paced back and forth, still pumped with adrenaline from fighting, something I was sure would be useful.
We were inside a dark tunnel, which lead steadily downwards towards the dark and ailing heart of Arkham. Only the presence of a few lights dotting the tunnel roof showed its extent.
A roar went up from somewhere ahead of us, a collective cry of so many horrific creatures. I smiled. This would be easier than I had thought.
I slowly paced forward. Basilisk seemed to want to question me, but eventually followed, silent. The rumble of dozens of feet signalled the arrival of the experiments.
I turned to the Basilisk, and, with an even tone, asked "Are you prepared?"
The lizard nodded. I leaped up and grabbed hold of one of the light fittings, pulling myself up out of the monsters' path before smashing the bulb and concealing Basilisk in a shroud of darkness.
Movement filled the darkness, and I waited, holding on until I heard the shriek of metal giving way.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:30 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Basilisk

I chuckled as I nodded to the doctor, showing that I was ready. He swiftly and cleverly covered the light fittings; not only moving himself away from the carnage, but blinding the creatures lurking in the tunnel. I, however, was not impaired at all. I could feel the living breath, the vibration of their movement, I could taste the scent of them on the air. A shriek echoed through the tunnel, and I braced myself for an attack. THUMP THUMP THUMP. I could feel the sprinting steps of something. I anticipated the lunge three seconds before it appeared in my vision, and I thrusted my green, scaled arm forwards. The crunch of metal and squish of flesh filled the air; what I had just killed was some kind of cyborg.

I detected three more creatures comign towards me. I grabbed one of them, before smashing my fist into its face, hissing as its head collapsed in my palm. One of the caught my abdomen with its claw, but dealt no damage, instead its claw snapped, sickeningly. I grabbed its arms (still relying on vibration, taste and limited vision) before tearing them away from its torso. The last one choked as the light flooded back into the room, and Raithen dropped directly onto it, before snapping its neck. "Not bad" I humoured, before turning around.

"I would hope you would be smart enough to know that the door is heavily locked" the dotor sighed.

"Of course," I laughed "perhaps just my strength isn't enough... but watch this". I let out a low hiss, my special communication for a friend of mine. I waited a minute, knowing that Raithen was eagerly awaiting my escape plan. The I felt it. Nine feet and one and a half tonnes of hulking muscle stood on the other side of these doors. "Pull!" I yelled at the top of my voice. I pushed in with all of my might, and my colleague pulling at the same degree. The metal began to bend, shrieking under the immense pressure. Light began to seep from a crack appearing in th door way...
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:36 pm
View Likes
DarknecrosisX says...

Brigade

I heard him, Basilisk. He was summoning me, with that dirty, low hiss he used to use. I laughed at the pathetic thugs I had thrown around like ragdolls, the same ones who picked a fight with Jason. It was very rarely Jason got into trouble, his superstrength and astonishing intellect often saved him. Many people doubted his mind, but they didn't know that he used to be a chemical weapons engineer.

I tracked the hiss to a set of metal doors, bolted by a security seal; there was no way I could break this think by myself. I heard Basilisk's familiar voice yell "pull!" and I followed the order. I grasped the metal bolt seal and yanked it with all my strength. My muscles began to strain, but the door was beginning to split apart; Jason was obviously pushing in too. I growled in pain as I started to ache, but I wasn't going to let a set of doors beat me. The gap grew and grew, until it became a fissure, I could just see Baslisk's figure.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:14 pm
neko says...

Sitting in y cell i listen to the madness around me. It sounds so good. i grin as i hear screams and sounds of rage. hen i recall the feeling of being watched. i hate that...
Listen up!
The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It's time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:47 pm
Caesar says...

Dreammaster

I wake up out of my near-comatose state in panic. Then I order myself to calm down- after all, I was alone and safe.
However, the experience had shaken me. It seemed that the destruction of whatever creatures lurked in the basement had released some sort of electro-magnetic pulse or another that had sparked my neural pathways- in short, I guessed another five or so percent of my brain had been rendered active- oh, the power! My plan had brought unexpected but wholly welcome side-effects, it seemed. Now for the rest of it.
Relishing my new-found abilities, I cast my mind out and found the doctor and his muscled companions, and summoned them to me.
This was going to be interesting.

29 Reviews

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 pm
Crow29 says...

Dr. Raithen

I felt the touch of another mind, and concluded instantly that it was the individual who had been creating these illusions which had entertained me for the afternoon. Such telepathic powers were outstanding- oh, what I couldn't do, if I could only procure a sample of the being's DNA.
I shelved the thought. To do so, I would have to get close, and for that to happen, a meeting must occur. Powers of deduction such as my own are hardly necessary to identify a mental summons, so all that remained was to do that which the summoner expected least- spring the trap.
I beckoned Basilisk to follow, then began to walk towards the entrance to the cell block, acting on instinct, allowing myself to be lead. This would be an interesting encounter, I was sure.
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

5 Reviews

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 pm
neko says...

should i stay out of this?
Listen up!

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:09 pm
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Neko, you can join... more minds are welcome *evil chuckle*

Dreammaster

I guided the three brutes to the courtyard, where I (or at least my projection- I wasn't going to risk my own skin yet) was waiting.
Soon, I could see them- the good doctor, so resourceful in a pinch; the lizard and his friend.
"Welcome, my friends" my projection said. "I have a most tempting offer for you"
The lizard grunted, evidently wanting me to continue.
"I have found out that Arkham is a genetics lab for top-secret experiments" I began "And that only the warden knows exactly what is happening" I could see the doctor's eyes glinting, calculative. "I have also found out that they are developing a serum, either to cure us or multiply our mutated genes- and by extension our powers- by a hundredfold. I intend to secure the serum. If you are interested, meet me here in a day, at this time"
And with that, I had my projection melt away.

29 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 pm
Crow29 says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah, Neki please don't feel left out :)

Dr. Raithen

I mused on the projection's intentions for the duration of the walk back to my cell. It interested me to think that there might be more to Arkham than met the eye; although I had suspected, I had no more than mere shreds of evidence.
The plan was rudimentary at best. To speak of securing a special serum was one thing, but did this person know the details? Where is it kept? What quantity exists? Who or what is employed to guard it?
The watcher was clearly not a fool, but I had to question just how well informed their plan actually was. Still, it would be enjoyable to put my mind to something worthwhile, a least for a time.

5 Reviews

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
neko says...

Spoiler! :
thanks guys :)

i stride uo to the freak. i only come up to his chest, but i stand up straight.
"whats going on?"i demand. he looks uncomfortable. i hold up a hand and make sure he see's the mark on my hand.
"are you familiar with alchemy?" i ask.
Listen up!

29 Reviews

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 pm
Crow29 says...

Dr. Raithen

I chuckled from the back of the room. The poor girl was doing her best to intimidate a giant lizard-man. I admired her courage, if not her intellect. Perhaps, I mused, she might be of further use to me.
Still, for now at least, my attention was set squarely on the unfolding events.

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 am
Catchphrase says...

Renny

I didn't belong here. This was a cold, dark place for the baddest of the bad. A skinny, teenage boy shouldn't be in any prison, let alone Arkham Asylum. How'd I end up in this cell, hiding from other inmates? A long chain of unfortunate events. In other words, I got angry.

---

My mother was raped and impregnated with me. The rapist was never caught. She was mainly upset because she didn't defend herself. But she wanted me to be able to defend myself. Not really from rapists, but in general. She was a chemist, and when I was born, Mother created a serum that gave me, well, strength. She named me Renny. Small but strong.

She kept me indoors, never letting anyone merely lay eyes on me. I wanted to have freedom. One day, I got into an argument with Mother my freedom. I got angry. Losing control of my body, the serum wanting me to defend myself, I murdered Mother.

People witnessed this, and called the police. I got angry. The serum took control again. I killed three witnesses and a police officer before I was overpowered and taken to this despicable place filled with despicable people.

Ever since then, I've been avoiding contact with other inmates. I'd hate to get angry again.

---

My stomach began to growl. Yikes, I probably shouldn't think of the word growl. Growl was a... trigger word.

Well, my stomach was begging for food. I was left with the decision: leave for the cafeteria and risk being discovered, or starve and stay safe.

Several buff prisoners walked down the corridor leading to the mess hall and back.

Later. I would eat later.
I just got my way :elephant: living every day

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:50 am
Catchphrase says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry if that's too long of a post. Once I started, I just couldn't stop. ^_^
I just got my way :elephant: living every day

5 Reviews

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 pm
neko says...

I turn and see Rathien smirking at the back of the room. I scowl.
"Gotta problem asshole?" I shout.
Listen up!

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte