z

Young Writers Society

Hogwarts---Started but still accepting!

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 pm
Nike says...

Apathy

I knew that that Vofa was the creature I saw. Albus was is so much trouble. This thing would hurt him.

We shut off our wands saying 'Nox' as soon as we heard the footsteps. It couldn have been anyone. A light came our way and I saw one of the students. She was small, had bright red hair and was as pale as a ghost.

"Hi," I smiled. "Lumos," my wand lit up.

"What are you guys doing here?" she had a Ravenclaw badge on her shirt.

"We are searching for something." Nancy said.

Michael and Nancy lit up their wands as well. The red head sat down next to us, looking over the books.

"How'd you get out of the Great Hall? Everyone's there." I asked her.

"How's you get out...?"

"Right, someway we managed..."

She started to flip through the books but Michael stopped her.

"Sorry, it's just that I didn't want to lose my page."

"I'm Apathy." I smiled.

Looking up from the book, her face showed shock. Her brown eyes were wide. Taking a deep breath, I waited for her to say something.

"You were the last person to see Albus."

"Yeah..." I gulped.

Remembering his face, red eyes like a devils's soul. It was un real and unlike him. Like a nightmare come true. Harry Potter told us to help him, to save him. I'll try my best. We'll do everything.

"Ohmygosh, I'm so sorry. I'm Jelia. I didn't mean to upset you." Jelia said.

I was already lost in memories.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm
View Likes
Stellabeam says...

Nancy Belthorne

Jelia had popped out of nowhere. She was a little strange as well,but that didn't matter to Nancy. She didn't notice the trance that Apathy had sunk into. She put a surprised Jelia to work.

"Now that we know what the monster is, we need to know how to fight it and get Albus back."

She piled books on the table. The room was quiet for a while the rustling of pages and some exclamations. There was so much to do.

"Oh! I just renembered." Nancy said as she jumped up "I have to send an owl to Hermione explaning our discoveries. She's supposed to be reasearching as well."

She hurried off with a "Be right back!" and the room was slient again.

Spoiler! :
Saga, I love the name of the creature...it's so spooky. Well to me anyway. You're just proably rolling your eyes and thinking "ignorant american"
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:55 pm
Saga97 says...

Micheal

I watched as Nancy disappeared behind the corner and then looked down again into a book I was sure I had already skimmed through.

I could feel my nerves raging up like a fire about to explode, the book was starting to annoy me so with a loud thud I closed it.

"You okay?" Asked Apathy

"Yeah I'm fine, just these books they seem all the same" I said glancing up and then I saw it hovering over us like dust.

In one quick movement I stood up almost throwing the chair to the ground.

"What, what is it?" Apathy's voice sounded of terror. Without saying a word I raised my hand and pointed at the thing.

She followed my finger also standing up but not as I did. She seemed more calm as she walked over and stood by my side. The new girl did the same.

"What is it Micheal?" Asked Apathy more calm now like there was no fuss.

"Don't you see it?" I asked my fear getting stonger by the minute. She just shook her head and sat back down. I looked at her pleading with my eyes for her to see.

I was about to tell her what it was the hovered over her when a cold hand forced my hand down and a hot breath on my cheek.

"there's nothing there little Micheal, nothing at all"Goosebumps were crawling up my back as Jelia walked to her seat.

Spoiler! :
Haha no Stella you aren't ignorant actually Vofa is a really scary name, it used to scare me to death when I was younger especially when it was mentioned in stories x3
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue May 14, 2013 4:23 am
MariaRowlands1 says...

OOC: I'M BACK! FYI, It's the original Maria Rowlands! I'm sorry about dissapearing. It won't happen again. I swear! :D Now can someone PM me the details on what I've missed? I swear, everything has gone haywire without me! XD

9 Reviews

Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 pm
Saga97 says...

Well this actually is pretty dead, Jordan has disappeared and Stella is almost never online.... :/
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

16 Reviews

Tue May 14, 2013 10:44 pm
MariaRowlands1 says...

NOOO! Shall we create a new one???

267 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2013 3:19 am
Nike says...

Why don't we try to continue?

16 Reviews

9 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 pm
Saga97 says...

Sure, Maria try and read through what's been happening you we'll give you time and when you have you should start with a post okay? :3
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

267 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 pm
Nike says...

great idea

16 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am
MariaRowlands1 says...

Yasmin Jones

I walked out of the Great Hall feeling extremely happy. Finally I was in Gryffindor but so far I hadn't seen either of my friends. I decided to walk to the library after encountering a few Slytherin house kids. As I turned into the library, I had a feeling that someone was glaring at me. I turned around quickly but saw nothing. I have a really bad feeling. I thought as I walked in. I soon spotted Nancy.
"Nancy!" I called, waving as I ran over to her.
"Shhh!" The librarian whispered. "And no running in the library."
I nodded and continued to walk over to my friend.
"Nancy! Like my new uniform?" I motioned to my new Gryffindor attire.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 am
JordanPierre2000 says...

Spoiler! :
Edward is the Minister of Magic, just for reference.

Professor Dofoogle

I marched down the corridors quickly. I chucked the paintings glances and nods as I walked along, but apart from that I didn't slow down at all. Edward had just left the castle ground and I was headed to meet with Harry Potter. I didn't know what to expect, after all, the last time I saw him was when he was a first year, and after that I had finished my schooling at Hogwarts. I could still remember the buzz of excitement as the school found out that Harry Potter was attending-

"Professor Dofoogle?" said a voice.

My train of thought was broken immediately. I turned around to be met with the face of Harry Potter.
"Hello Harry, long time no see, eh?" I said to him.
He replied with a soft smile.
"Yeah, its been a while."
"I assume you have a reason to request this chat?" I extended the question cautiously.
"Yes, I wanted to know more information on the disappearance of my son."
"Well, we don't know much, apart from what the other first years have said, we had no other sources, so we cannot figure out how this happened. Our main theory at the moment is that a bunch of-"
I was cut off by a scream. I turned around in the direction of the scream and started running towards it, Harry in close pursuit. I rounded the corner and was met with the horrified face of one of the third year students. I looked up to see ghostly green letters floating in the corridor.
The second son of Harry Potter shall be slain, in the name of Voldemort!
I turned around to see Harry's horrified face.
I was going to say something before i saw a ghostly green light coming from one of the windows. I walked over to the window and looked out at something that shocked me. It was a symbol that i thought had died so many years ago. A symbol of our dark past. A symbol that I had almost forgotten.
It was the dark sign of Lord Voldemort.
Stop for a while and think about this.

What if we used to be able to make wishes

But then someone wished we couldn't :O

267 Reviews

Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 pm
Nike says...

Apathy

Michael, Jelia, and I walked out of the library and into the corridor. We were headed back to the Great Hall. But before we got any farther than the exit of the library, I spotted some green lights from ahead of us.

Professor DoFoogle was there with none other than Harry Potter. There was a student lying on the floor next to them, a third year I recognized. His name was James Deloris. Anyway, they were both staring out the windows at the light. I walked up closer to them and noticed some writing on the walls.

"Apathy," I heard a faint whisper. My heart jumped from fright as I turned around and saw Jelia giving me a worried expression.

"Shh," I whispered.

I kept walking up to them. Professor DoFoogle turned to face me with a soft smile.

"Miss Apathy," he said. "You should be in the Great Hall like the others."

"I know Professor, I apologize for sneaking out..."

"I see you didn't do that alone." he looked over at Michael and Jelia.

Turning my head, I smiled at them and waved them to come over. They came up to us, a bit nervous. I faced Harry potter and put on my best smile.

"Hello Mr. Potter."

"You can call me Harry, Apathy. I think we know each other well enough for that." he smiled, but I could see the hurt in his eyes. Albus.

"Right." I cleared my throat."Harry, we went to the library to find out what that creature was that attacked Albus." I got straight to business. "It's called a Vofa."

He was a bit confused at first, his eyes lost as if he was thinking. Then he looked down at all of us.

"Our friend Nancy was just with us, she sent Hermione an owl about our discoveries." Michael added.

"That's wonderful. She'll find out what it was exactly." harry said.

"Children, why don't you go to the Great Hall..." Professor DoFoogle suggested.

"Just a question Professor." Jelia spoke up. She pointed at James. "What's wrong with him?"

He followed where she pointed and froze for just a second.

"And what is that symbol in the sky?" she added.

I looked out the window, pushing past Harry and Professor DoFoogle. Michael did the same. We looked out the window and saw an odd but familiar symbol. It was of a skull with snakes coming out of the head. The Dark Mark. Hermione mentioned it once when I was at her house. She was talking to Harry on the phone about it. I couldn't sleep one night and eavesdropped. Good idea, now I knew what that was.

"The Dark Mark," I said under my breath.

"The what?" Michael asked, looking at me.

"It's a symbol of the Death Eaters, the followers of..." I stopped myself and turned to face Harry. He was staring at me in shock, like he didn't know any of us knew about the Dark Days. The War.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank